Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Say A Special Thanks with Lily Bee & GlueArts

As the end of the school year winds down, every searches for that special way to thank a teacher, coach, classroom helper...and the list goes on.

Today Designer Patti Mliazzo has a beautiful way to do just that thanks to Lily Bee products, Epiphany Crafts Tools and Bubble Caps...and GlueArts of course! And our talented gal, Andrea Budjack offers us a beautiful layout based on the Lily Bee sketch (see yesterday's blog post) celebrating her children!

user posted image
"Thanks!" Gift Tote with Rosettes
GlueArts Designer: Patti Milazzo

Supply List: 

Glue Arts- 
Glue Glider Pro 
U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam
Adhesive Squares
Extreme Adhesive Squares
Glue Gun
Glue Gun Stick Refills

Lily Bee:
Victoria Park Collection Kit

Epiphany Crafts:
Round 14 punch tool
Bubble Caps – Clear Round 14
Charm

Other: dollar bin black pattern tote box, ribbon, pins, button, vellum, hemp

Instructions:
Prepare the inside of the container by using the Glue Gun to adhere a piece of floral foam to the bottom of the box. Set aside.

I started by cutting and adhering a decorative paper strip around the cardboard container I had for this project. I used the Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive and added Extreme Adhesive Squares on the ends of the strips to secure them in place. Cut a 3.5” circle from green and another 4” circle from pink. Layer these and trim the larger with scallop scissors. Adhere this to the right front of the container with a piece of U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam.


user posted image

Next, I made assorted rosettes for the embellishment accenting the front of the container as well as the flowers inserted into the box using Lily Bee’s Victoria Park collection. For these, I prefer to use the Glue Gun to secure the rosettes with circle punches. 

user posted image

Layer multiple rosettes on top of each other with hot glue and apply the Bag of Bits Die Cuts with Adhesive Squares, U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam or Raise ‘Ns for just a bit of dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

Once the rosettes for inside the container are complete, use the Glue Gun to attach them to the inked (green) craft dowels. Cut a few leaves from green pattern paper, crumple a bit and also attach these just below the rosette flowers on the dowels. Apply the pennant/banner die cuts with either Adhesive Squares or hot glue. Arrange the rosette stemmed flowers in the floral foam. Add a bit of hot glue to secure if needed.


When creating the rosette to accent the front of the container, adhere a small bow and button to the front of the rosette using Extreme Adhesive Squares. Then tuck a couple of decorative pins just behind the bow.


user posted image

Using the Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive apply adhesive to the ends of the pennant/banner Bag of Bits Die Cuts and tuck under the left side of the scalloped circle, as shown.

user posted image

For the Epiphany Craft charm on the smallest flower I used the punch tool on the collection kit cover sheet where the “It’s a beautiful day” sentiment happened to be the perfect fit for this accent. Once I added the Clear Bubble Cap with the tool, I adhered this piece inside the charm with a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square.

user posted image

user posted image

To complete the gift box, I filled the bottom with a bit of tissue paper to cover the floral foam. This can be glued in place also. Then I topped it with a small strip of sheer green fabric. I created a decorative gift box from Lily Bee’s Charcoal Stationary (cardstock) and embellished it with a bit of pattern paper and a Bag of Bits heart die cut. I tucked this into the container after filling it with a gift card and a few treats and my gift tote was complete. 

user posted image

user posted image


user posted image
user posted image
One Sweet Smile Layout
GlueArts Designer: Andrea Budjack 


Glue Arts Supplies:

Additional Supplies:
Lily Bee - paper, tags, stickers
Tim Holtz - paper clip
Prairie Bird Boutique - ribbon
Maya Road - chipboard
thread
stick pin
buttons


Be sure to stop by the Lily Bee blog to see what they're up to with this sketch and how you can get involved!! Remember to use your GlueArts adhesives on your layout too!!



Our friends at Lily Bee have kindly offered to one of our lucky fans their new Victoria Park Collection kit along with a pack of their  Index Journaling Cards. All you have to do is post a comment and you're entered to win. The more comments you post this week (one per day) the more chances you have to win!


Want even more ways to win?? Our friends at Epiphany Crafts are offering their Epiphany Crafts Studio Shape Star Tool and matching Bubble Caps. (not shown) All you have to do to win is to stop by the Lily Bee Facebook Wall and Epiphany Crafts Facebook Wall and say hello!! Then pop back here post a comment and you're not only entered to win the Victoria Park Collection, you'll also be entered to win the EC Tool too!  

76 comments:

  1. Great projects! I just love that thank you package! Love all the black and how bright the other patterns/colors are, and the layout is so sweet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to say thank you, and a lovely layout! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the rosette flower...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by on facebook and left comments on both facebook walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome thank you!!! I've stopped by on the fB pages to say hi, too! Great prize! Thanks for a chance to win and have a great day!
    kmassmanATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the non-traditional colors for a teacher gift. Beautiful rosettes!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!
    I LOVE that star tool!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful work! I stopped by on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with the box project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great prize, beautiful projects! I love the colors, too..:)
    The star tool is awesom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked both and left a "HELLO" for each. Can never "like" too many crafty resources on fb!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Victoria Park collection is absolutely beautiful. I would love to win it. Thank you Epiphany Crafts for the Star Tool giveaway. This would be fun to create with. Thanks also to Lily Bee. I visited both facebook pages and said, "Hi". I also let them know that Glue Arts sent me over. Thanks.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah! I love EC. I said hi o. Both pages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like how you used the EC tool to finish off the rosettes. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I said hi to Epiphany Crafts on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said hi to Lily Bee on Facebook. I really like their papers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love all the shown projects here and it´s some really beautiful papers and stuff. Really awesome.
    But it´s a bit sad, that we always have to go to facebook for other things, as we´re still some people, who doesn´t like to be on Facebook.
    But I still love to watch it all inhere.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the rosettes and what a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Great giveaway and Fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects! Thanks for sending me to the Facebook pages, I hadn't been to either before and now I'm a fan of both!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cute thank you gift and layout. I would not have thought of black with those colors but it looks absolutely great. Thanks for the layout sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cool "thanks" gift tote! LOVE the colors, and the way you incorporated so many different (and wonderful) elements/embellishments into this project! And, the page is adorable! It's so fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome idea for a gift. Incredible detail.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Said hello on both fb pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful way to say thank you, and a lovely layout! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great way to say "Thanks"!! Love Lilybee and of course...GlueArts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome Project love the Rossetts. love the papers. thanks for sharing.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the products! I stopped by Lilybee and Epiphany Crafts' Facebook pages and said hello.

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  29. What beautiful projects on your blog with the Lily Bee papers and Epiphany Crafts. Sure would love to win these. Thanks for the opportunity and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great gift tote and layout. I like the pretty colors and rosettes on the tote.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Thank you tote bag is awesome. Wow !! I said hello to both. Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I visited Epiphany and Lily Bee. Both have really cute projects. Love Glue Arts. You make life so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome rossettes, and love the many ideas for teacher gifts thsi time of year. I have enjoyed teh hop and left some love on everyone's FB page. EC and Lily Bee are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the tote for teachers and really loved that tool with bubble caps (first time seeing that). Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the tote for teachers and really loved that tool with bubble caps (first time seeing that). Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the rosette gift project! I can't wait to do some gift wrapping for my best friend's birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my goodness, I just love the rosette with the bow and pin!! Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I said hello on both Epiphany Crafts' page AND Lily Bee Design's page. Thanks for the chance to win! =D

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE how you always provide detailed directions!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty projects! I've stopped by both places and said hello:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love these projects! The rosettes are beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Came from Glue Arts ... Hello! Lovely crafts, I am currently working/updating my teacher portfolio/scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are just adorable! The Lily Bee papers and embellishments are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am already a follower of both on fb and love their inspirations! Really enjoying your blog this week! Thanks for having this Glue arts!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have been to the facebook pages of Lily Bee and Epiphany Crafts and told them you sent me over.
    The gift tote on the blog today is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to receive one of these as a gift...you wouldn't even have to put a gift in it!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the adorable gift tote with the rosettes :) I'm a preschool teacher and I love it my students give me gifts that they made!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for the how to!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great projects. I stopped by both facebook pages. I have loved the inspiration all week long!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Victoria Park looks wonderful! Thanks so much for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I said hi to Lily Bee and Epiphany Crafts on facebook (as Ruth Suttie Gauss.)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my gosh I love that box!!!!
    So much inspiration every time I stop by Glue Arts....thanks so much for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love seeing how everything was put together, love that charm, and love how the paper was made to look like tape on the layout! Great job! Thank you for sharing! I don't do facebook so thanks for offering a chance to win here also.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  53. wonderful projects. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow!!! I would LOVE to receive a gift tote like that!!! It's Gorgeous ~ love all the tiny special details you added!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh WOW! What fun projects. Love the gift box in B&W. and the layout is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Said hello to Lily Bee & Epiphany on FB too.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Rosettes are so mich fin! Epiphany has some amazing products!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I said hi to lilly Bee and Epiphany on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Fantastic projects love those rosettes :) Thanks for all the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  60. So gorgeous projects here, it looks amazing and the LO is looking sooo awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love, love the rosettes! TFS this great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hello and I love the rosettes, Lilly Bee Designs and Epiphany Crafts. Stopped by both and awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  63. what a lovely gift package. The colors and paper you used are so pretty. Great rosettes.

    marg 0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love this set. Thanks for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  65. Stunning creations! Amazing amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love ALL the pretty details! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Totaly adorable12 Loce those flowers and colors and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Stopped by FB to say Hello to Epiphany Crafts and Lily Bee Designs!!!!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great Projects. I stopped by Epiphany Crafts and Lily Bee Designs FB Page with A "BIG HELLO" TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lovely ideas! All the little details are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete