I love light... I love the beauty of it and the mood it can invoke. I picked up a set of 3 round paper lanterns awhile ago at a craft store when they were half off and have always wanted to pretty them up. This embellishment project was inspired by the Glue Arts Raisen's Adhesive Squares... they were perfect to make the layered flowers that I made for the paper lantern because of their dimension. I can't imagine that another type of adhesive would have made these flowers any easier to put together.
"Embellished Paper Lantern"
GlueArts Designer: Linda Albrecht
10" Round Paper Lantern- Hobby Lobby
Pearl Flower Stamins (for butterfly antennae)- Hobby Lobby Wedding
Die Cut flowers and butterflies- AccuCut
Small Paper daisy flowers- Martha Stewart Wedding
Pearls for flower centers- Melissa Frances
Blue Crepe paper- Melissa Frances
Green leaves trim- May Arts
Old book paper
White tissue paper
Light Cord set for hanging- Ikea
1. Open paper lantern and insert wire base provided. Cut desired flower and butterfly shapes.
2. Apply Raisen Adhesive Square to the bottom book paper flower. Cut a slit through another flower and use a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square to overlap a couple of the petals to make it 3 dimensional. (If your 3D flower diecut does not have a hole in the center, punch a large hole so that you can add 3 flower layers to the Raisen.)
3. Stick the 3D flower to the center of the Raisen Adhesive Square that is in the center of the bottom flower.
4. Stick the blue crepe paper flower to the center of the Raisen then add small daisy like flower to the center of the crepe paper flower with a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square.
5. I also used the Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares to layer the tissue paper and book paper for the butterflies.
Add white tissue paper flowers and butterflies to the paper lantern using Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares before adding the 3D flowers that were put together with the Raisen's.
6. Use hot glue to adhere the pearl antennae to the butterflies.
7. Use hot glue to adhere the 3D flowers onto the white tissue paper flowers on lantern.
8. I applied the flowers and butterflies at a diagonal onto the paper lantern then just wound the green leaf trim through them, adding a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square at random to the back of a leaf.
9. Hang up your pretty paper lantern and enjoy! :-) i might go and add some more white tissue paper butterfly layers to the lantern because I love what the light does to them when it is on... so soft and serene looking.
How incredibly beautiful is that? And think of all the possible styles, designs and themes you can create!
Leave us a comment today and let us know how you would use ourGlueArts Raisen's for your next project! We'll enter you to win two pack of our Raisen's along with a pack of our U Cut It Foam! Both products are perfect for adding just a bit of dimension for your crafts and more! We'll pick one random winner next Monday!
Can't wait...no need! You can shop online right from the convenience of your home, Ipad, Iphone, Android phone! GlueArts offers safe shopping and best...FREE SHIPPING all month!