Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Let's Make A Card With GlueArts



user posted image
Thank You Butterfly Card
GlueArts Designer: Lesley Langdon


Supplies:
Glue Arts Raisen's
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro+ (Perma Tac Adhesive)
Unity Stamp Co (Donna Downey Peony Stamp, Dutch Mustard Soup)
Distress Marker and Ink by Ranger (Victorian Velvet)
Tsukineko Jet Black Staz-on
American Crafts Cardstock
Want2Scrap Gems and Pearls
Spellbinders Standard Circles SM Die Templates
Blue Sheer Ribbon by Creative Impressions
Lace
Watercolor Paper
Water 

Instructions:

1. Stamp peony on watercolor paper with Staz-on, ink with foam and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. Color around lines with Victorian Velvet Distress Marker and spritz whole flower with water to blend. Make two more flowers.


user posted image


2. Use one flower as your base and trim around edges. Take petals from other stamped flowers and cut select petals, apply extra Victorian Velvet ink for variation in color. 


user posted image

3. Adhere to the base flower with Glue Arts Perma Tac Adhesive at the base of the petal and Glue Arts Raisen's at the top. Repeat until desired effect.

user posted image

user posted image

4. Adhere flower to card. Make a center for the flower using a Spellbinders die cut circle and stamped Unity sentiment and butterfly. Adhere gems to butterfly and adhere the circle to the flower with Glue Arts Raisen's.

user posted image

5. Adhere 3 strips of lace to the bottom of the card with Glue Arts Perma Tac Adhesive. Adhere pearls on top of lace.

user posted image

6. Tie blue sheer ribbon around card.

We love how Lesley selects the prettiest stamps and details to incorporate into her projects don't you?? Cutting an additional flowers petal out to give dimension...amazing!!!!



Leave us a comment today and let us know how you would use ourGlueArts Raisen's for your next project! We'll enter you to win two pack of our Raisen's along with a pack of our U Cut It Foam! Both products are perfect for adding just a bit of dimension for your crafts and more! We'll pick one random winner next Monday!

20 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the dimension the Raisens provide....would love to get some of these to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty--I like all the dimension in the flower--I will have to try the Raisen's for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!!! I would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the layers. This is what I would do with Raisens. I'd make a card with flowers with lots of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like not only the colors you used on the flower, but the 3D effect of the flower. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dimension the raisins give. I would try to make a card with 3d flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I would use Raisen's to make my cards more dimensional. I could have used them on a card I just made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lesley -- how beautiful. I love how you added dimension with your petals! I would love to try Raisen's on cards to pop out special areas of interest too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to try the Raisens on flowers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything on my projects worthwhile looking at deserve this product. Thanks for making it available to us!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would use raisens on certain card elements to show dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an absolutely stunning card!! I love the layered look and those raisens help to achieve that look so well.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful effect with stamps we probably all have on hand. Butterflies would work well with this technique, too. I did a rabbit head for an Easter card with one each slightly raised for an interesting effect. Now I need a card for my son to get him through finals, so I need to look for a guy's stamp that would lend itself to this neat 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very fine art using glue! without glue dots like that, the petals wouldn't have their own unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Would love to try the Raisen's! I love putting a but of pop on my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to try the Raisen's! I would try a flower cause its just cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, cutting some petals out sure does give the flower dimension. I am going to give this a try with glue arts as my side.
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for posting step by step instructions! love it!

    ReplyDelete