Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Flowers for Your Table from GlueArts!



Spring Flower Napkin Rings
GlueArts Designer: Lesley Langdon


Supplies:
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Spellbinders Dies (Dahlia, Blossom Three)
Canvas Fabric
Shimmerz Coloringz (Lime in da Coconut, Pink Stiletto, No Yolking)
Want2Scrap Gems
Ribbon

Instructions:
1. Die cut layered flowers using Spellbinders Dahlia and Blossom Three dies (or similar).
2. Hot glue each layer with your Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun.

3. Rinse under water (the glue will hold up!) to saturate fabric flowers and squeeze until lightly damp.
4. Unravel frayed flowers, and spritz with Shimmerz Coloringz (green, yellow, and pink) for Spring! Let dry.

5. Hot glue each flower to a long strip of ribbon, which will tie around your napkins.
6. Adhere various sizes of gems in the center of each flower.


Do you make any decorations for your home for spring or Easter?  Have family over to celebrate and follow any special traditions, recipes (ahem...deviled eggs!!). If so..we'd love to hear what you're up to! And for post a comment...we'll pick some of our favorite GlueArts products to send to you! 


Glue Arts


Don't forget to stop by our spring cleaning event! We have great deals on our Glue Rings...great for taking to crops, our Crop & Glueand if you've always wanted to try vinyl...now's the perfect time with our Accent It All!! Stop by to see the deals and pick up some of our new PRO+ Cartridges too!


Last our incredible Designer Lesley Langdon has a new adventure up her sleeve! Do stop by her new Facebook page and read about her Arts & Crafts House! And if you're headed to ScrapFest in Kitchner...look at what she's giving away!

23 comments:

  1. These look so great! Love the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the springy feel of such a cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea and just wonderful colors used onhere, looks really gorgeous.
    We have lots of traditions for Easter as well as the other holidays here, and all my grandkids will certainly make sure,. we don´t forget any of them ha ha ha ha ha. We always decorate our house the week before EAster and they loves to come and help, so they can make sure, we get all in their right places, but we alspo always make a couple of new things every year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my boys and nieces and nephews were younger we always had an egg hunt. We filled plastic eggs with candy and numbers, each number co-insided with a "treat" - usually something from the dollar store or some change. One lucky person would get a $2.00 bill! Now we continue that tradition with my great nieces and nephews!

    Julie H in MN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decorate my table, but don't usually make anything. This year you have inspired me to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family goes out to brunch for Easter, and then comes to my house to play games. I'm thinking that I'm going to make a cute centerpiece this year with ribbons and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year I'm going to Hawaii for Easter, but usually I go out with my family. We pig out, and then don't eat for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous flowers!! What a cute idea!

    Since our kids are grown, we don't do much for Easter aymore...but we still make deviled eggs!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually give my husband a surprise of some kind of chocolates on Easter, and we also celebrate the birthday of the Buddha with food, tea (including cleaning the buddha statues with tea to get all the dust out :)) and happy rememberances of our friends and family who have passed on. It's a fun time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look exactly like the ones I made last weekend except I used baby wipes and a heat gun. I went crazy and made up about 30 of them--all in a few different colors and then embellished them with bling in the middle. Cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great flowers. I don't make things to decorate inside the house, but I do make spring scrapbooking pages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Love the colors!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie, look forward to seeing you in Kitchener! Can hardly wait, my first event ever... And that looks like an awesome prize.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous flowers making up these napkin rings!
    I usually try to do some Easter crafts with my two young nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great napkin holder idea!
    After church, my Granddaughter and I color eggs and I do a special Easter Egg Hunt for her. After her egg hunt we have to practice her egg hunting skills over and over until one of us says "I need a snack and something to drink". Dinner is always prepared ahead of time, no cooking on Easter, it is a help yourself day.
    When I prepare a recipe that I have prepared many times, I don't measure things, so I can't give you a deviled egg recipe. I just use egg yolks (about twice as many as I have eggs), Miracle Whip, a little spicy brown mustard, some pickle relish, S&P, and a good dose of paprika on top. My deviled egg taker from Tupperware is over 20 years old. Happy Spring. For many of us, Easter is a time for praise and counting our blessings for our Lord, Jesus Christ, and the great opportunity he gave us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you ladies are always so creative...I always learn great new techniques from this blog...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The floral sachet and floral tote are both wonderful projects. Well done ladies!
    Not sure yet what I'll make for Easter -- hopefully some cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't do to much anymore. My boys are all grown up. I do a little bit of decorating inside and outside my home. If I ever get some grandkids I will do lots !! I love your canvas flowers.

    ReplyDelete