Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Welcome Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Twig!

While you "might"  not be welcoming to more winter...we hope you'll give a big warm, wintery welcome to our newest sponsor.

We're fortunate to get to work again with our friends at Little Yellow Bicycle and their wonderful, wintery Winter Twig Collection!


Winter Twig is a beautiful collection inspired by the ever so popular Twig collection now respun and filled with blues, greens and browns and wintery additions. Designer Audrey Pettit created a wintery snowflake...perfect to hang in your windows (to possibly chase winter away!) or tuck into a wreath.

Audrey's project would make a great winter day kids craft! Give them GlueArts kid-friendly adhesives, papers and stickers and let them go to town creating a flurry of flakes!



Snow Fun Snowflake 
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit

Supplies:

Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Twig Collection:
Patterned Paper, Fabric Favorites, Fresh Verse Cardstock Stickers, and 5 Things Envelopes

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Wooden Snowflake: Nicole
Dies: Cheery Lynn and Archiver's Exclusive Snowflake
Trims: Webster's Pages and May Arts
Ink: Clearsnap
Buttons: Vintage
Toothpicks
Hobby Blade

  
1. Apply Glue Arts High Tac Adhesive to the wooden snowflake and cover the snowflake with patterned paper. Using a hobby blade, cut away all the excess paper. Ink the edges of the snowflake with blue ink.


2. Die cut a doily from white cardstock and adhere to the center of the wooden snowflake. Die cut a large snowflake from patterned paper and affix over the doily.


3. Tie a bow from white lace. Top with a strip of blue lace tied with string. Adhere the bow to the wooden snowflake using the Glue Arts Glue Gun. Using more hot glue, affix the Fabric Favorites bird to the center of the bow.


4. Using Glue Arts Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares, affix banner flags to toothpicks. I used a couple of the pennants from the 5 Things Envelopes, as well as created one of my own using one of the Fresh Verse Cardstock Stickers. Tuck toothpick flags behind the bow and secure with a dot of hot glue.




5. Adhere buttons to the end of each arm of the snowflake using more Micro Extreme Squares.

6. Tie string through the top hole to create a hanger for the snowflake. Attach a pair of cardstock stickers to finish things off.







Here's a fun sneak peek of what's coming up tomorrow from Designer Tamara Tripodi!



Let's announce our winner from last week! And that is:



Cherie said...

So pretty!! Since my husband is in the military, we rarely get to spend valentines day together. This year he sent me a beautiful black pearl necklace. I can't wait to wear it when he comes home later this year!
February 15, 2012 10:10 AM
Congrats to you Cherie and our thanks go out to you and your husband for your service to our country!! Please email me at Gluegirl@gluearts.com with your information.


What do you like to do on a cold, wintery day? Crafts, reading, home projects? We'd love to hear and for posting a comment we'll enter you to win Little Yellow Bicycle's Brand New Saturdays collection!!
Along with our Glue Glider PRO handle and your choice of our new PRO+ Cartridges! High Tac, Perma Tac, Repositionable or yes..Extreme Tac! Just post a comment and we'll select one random winner next Monday!
Happy President's Day...see you right back here tomorrow with more GlueArts crafts!

72 comments:

  1. I love the snowflake and snowman. Anything in blue makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this snow flake is so adorable! And I am super excited to win! I can't get enough of your products. It is definite love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id love to make a row of those snowflakes and hang them in the windows. I love to sit by the fire and read on a winter day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea and so fun for the kids. Love the collection so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to bake on a cold winter day. Makes me all warm inside! What fun projects! It has hardly snowed here in ID so it is good to remember that it is still winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute snowflake--love the little bird and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cold snowy blustery icy day? I love to hunker down and play with my art supplies. You can't beat it!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't love cold snowy blustery days but I usually read or bake when they show up!! LOVE the snowflake and thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the snowflake with the little birdie! So much love birds! What I love to do on cold days is snuggle up with my adorable husband and watch a movie with our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great kid friendly project! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project!!
    I like to scrapbook on a cold winter day or read, but I'm usually doing laundry or something. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like winter but this is too cute not to like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. not a blustery cold fan and do usually stay inside making soup, pottering around the house and crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. On a cold day I love to stay indoors and turn on an audiobook and scrap away or play with my kiddos ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so pretty, looks so delicate, like a real snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used Winter Twig for my Christmas cards this year. I always meant to go back and buy some more of the paper so that I could make a layout but the store sold out before I was able to. Love the turquoise color in this line.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project!
    On a cold winters day I like to snuggle up under the electric blanket with my kids and watch a movie. Of course there needs to be popcorn and dark hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute project! I love that little bird.
    On a cold winter's day I like to either lock myself in my craft room and scrap all day or I like to cuddle up with the hubby (and a cup of coffee) and watch movies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love to read on cold winter days---but here in georgia---we haven't had but 2 or 3 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. On a Cold Winter's Day I love to Scrapbook. If there is snow, then love going out to play in that with the kids.
    Thanks for the awesome chance to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd like to sit by the fire watching a GOOD movie with my hubby. The cat would be in my lap, and the dog at my side. Ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  22. cut snowflake! We don't get many cold winter days in South Louisiana but when we do I love to light the fireplace and cuddle up with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  23. CONGRATS to Cherie!! =)
    THANKS for your service!!
    I LOVE the project for today!! THANKS for sharing and for the chance to win!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful project here. I admit, I really hate cold, but as I live high up Northin Europe, we unfortunately have lots of it here every winter, but then I just love to hide in my craftroom in a good warm and play along and forget all about the cold outside. And I must admit, I love to look at the scenery, when I can just stay safe and warm inside and just look out on it LOL:

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cold wintry days in Chicagoland have been few and far between this winter season, but when they occur it's time to think comfort food, especially soups! Of course, any type day is great for thinking creativity and cardmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that snowflake!!!
    I like to use a cold winter day as an excuse to craft. If you don't find me in my craft room then I'm be snuggled up in my recliner with a blanket & a good book.
    LYB + Glue Arts = a great team :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Audrey, this snowflake is adorable! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  28. so cute, love that snowflake! On a cold day I like to stay inside, play games and have coloring contests with my family and of course hot chocolate, if it is up to my son!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the snowflake. On a cold day I like to stay inside, drink hot chocolate and either read or scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  30. so glad this winter has not be so cold and wintery as normal.
    i love to make a big pot of soup from frozen summer goodness, curl up by the wood stove, read, or create.

    ReplyDelete
  31. If it's snowing, I love just watching it snow, and shoveling, I like to shovel. If it's just cold, stay inside and make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'd like to read a funny book while munching on potato chips. That would be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. what a fun snowflake...I would be sitting in front of the fireplace and watching a movie...

    ReplyDelete
  34. It doesn't get TOO cold here, but I like to sit by the fireplace and play games.

    ReplyDelete
  35. On a cold day I like to drink hot chocolate and read a good book. Maybe Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Some days I will scrapbook and other days I like to read or watch TV.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute snowflake! On cold wintery days, i love to curl up with a book and cozy blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love that pretty snowflake! On a cold wintry day, I LOVE to stay inside and craft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. adorable projects. Love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  40. It is great seeing you teamed up with Little Yellow Bicycle. Cute snowflake. On Saturdays I like to craft, read, and hang out with my son.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great looking snowflake and such an easy DIY project to do with the grandkids.
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  42. On cold wintry days I get warm by crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You Glue Arts girls make everything look so fun! I love to settle in and craft on snowy days.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love these fabulous projects. Glue Arts and Little Yellow Bicycle are a perfect mstch'

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like to wrap myself in a blanket and watch movies or read books. And of course scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  46. On cold winter days i like to curl up on the couch with a book and a blanket and read. I also like to work on crafty projects! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the snowflakes and Little Yellow Bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I adore this snowflake! This would be great 2 make alot of them at various sizes & make a mobile! I've gotta get my hands on some LYB products;) Loyal follower via GFC, FB & Twitter! Thanx 4 sharing the project & 4 offering up a wonderful prize;) ~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com
    Blog: www.scrappinangel-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful snowflake!! Would be such fun to win all these fantastic products....thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful snowflake--lots of possible uses. Saturdays are for crafts! and some shopping, cooking, relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I Like to snuggle up in a blanket on a cold wintery day and read or scrapbook or do something crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Adorable snowflake! I love to craft and read on crummy days.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the product!

    I love to curl up with a good book on a cold winter night!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh, what a beautiful snowflake!! Love the added embellishments from LYB. My favorite thing to do on a cold wintery day is to play in the snow and then warm up by the fireplace. Thanks for the chance to win!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  55. love the snowflake. the bird is so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I like to drink a warm drink, watch a great movie, and read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Super cuteness! But I do not like cold or snow so usually stay home and scrap if it snows! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  58. I like to make cards and scrapbook on cold winter days. Love GA and LYB. Two great companies.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the winter projects. Thry are nice and chillin, LOL

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  60. The little blue bird is the sweetest! Great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Here in Canada, cold winter days are a staple for almost have the year! Depending on the day I love to spend some time in my craft space just making cards...usually Christmas cards for the upcoming year's craft fair. I also love doing a movie marathon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Beautiful snowflake. The little bird is the perfect touch. Winter Twig is beautiful and I hope to find it locally soon.

    ReplyDelete
  63. It seems like making our own cute and pretty snow is the only way we'll see any around my home this year.

    ReplyDelete
  64. What a fabulous project!! Loving all the great Winter Twig goodies this week! My favorite way to pass a cold winter day is by CRAFTING!! (of course!). Stampings, inks, paper... and a nice cozy fire!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love the blues and gorgeousness I see.

    ReplyDelete
  66. lovely paper and that snowflake is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  67. What a pretty snowflake. I love blue and white for the winter.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete