Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Ways to Show Your Love Finale with GlueArts

It's true...all good things must come to an end.

And this week has definitely been a GOOD THING!

We've filled the blog with beautiful ways to say and show your love to your special someone(s). Today is our final day and we're once again going out with a bang!

Designer Ania Lexander has a wonderful way to give some treats...and think of this for Easter and beyond. Valentine's Day is just one holiday that these are perfect for.

Lesley Langdon has a beautiful necklace that would make the perfect birthday gift and yes...Mother's Day too! A perfect way to show you love and GlueArts is a key part of making these!

Mini Love Hearts Treats
GlueArts Designer: Ania Lexander


Glue Art supplies:



Other:
Hambly Screenprints - hearts transparency
3ndypapir - patterned paper
Bazzill cardstock
tulle, thread
Martha Stewart starburst punch
Marvy Uchida circle punch
Staples
Mini Love Hearts!

Cut a 4x6" square for the treat tubes. Apply perma tac along the edge.
Roll the square so you get a tube.
Staple one side, add mini love hearts inside before stapling the other side. Remember: staple the other side across the first side you stapled. 
Start decorating, I decided small, round minitags would be perfect for these small tubes. Feel free to whip up your edged scissors: punch a circle, adhere it to cardstock with Perma Tac then use your edged scissor to cut around it.
Use extreme adhesive squares to attach smaller embellishments to the tag, before attaching the tag to the tube with raisen's.
As you can see - layering paper, tulle and chipboard before topping it off with a flower or a gemstone will quickly do the trick making the tube look extra special!




Trio of Flowers Necklace
GlueArts Designer: Lesley Langdon

Intro: One way to say "I love you" is to make them a piece of home made jewelry. And with Glue Arts hot glue gun and felt, you can make SO many fabulous and inexpensive pieces! The hot glue works like a charm with felt, so think of anything you want to make, and use your Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun! This is such an easy project that looks so cute on! Especially on my daughter.

Supplies:
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun
Felt (Rainbow Felt)
Dies (Spellbinders S4-116 Standard Circles SM, S5-103 Bauble Blossoms One)
Die Cut Machine (Spellbinders Grand Calibur)
Wire Necklace (Michael's)
Gems (Want2Scrap)

Instructions:
1. Die cut 3 flowers from felt, use the strip to roll the center and apply Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun to the roll periodically.

2. Start wrapping the flower die cut piece around the rolled center. Once you have your flower in one piece, manipulate the petals and hold them in place with your Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun. Adhere gems in center.
3. Die cut 3 small circles from felt.

4. Use pre-made wire necklace, and glue to 3 flowers to the wire (off centered or centered) by glueing the back of the flower, place the wire in the middle, then place the small circle on top.

5. Give to someone you love. 



So how would you like a special treat? GlueArts would like to help you have the right products to create the projects you've seen shared this week on the GlueArts blog. 

We'd like to give you a chance to win our Glue Glider PRO with our NEW PRO+ Perma Tac Cartridge plus our 3D Combo Pac and you got it...our must have Adhesive Squares!


Simply post a comment about your Valentine or favorite treat you've received or given and we'll enter you to win!!!! We'll pick one random winner and announce their name here on the GlueArts blog this Friday!


Don't forget to check Monday's Blog post to see if you were one of our lucky CHA winners!! 

62 comments:

  1. My favorite Valentine treat is Godiva chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun little candy treat...my favorite Candy treat is The Godiva Truffles (milk chocolate)...they are sooooo good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mini heart treat bags at the top. what a nice gift idea. My favorite Valentine treat is Lindt Truffles, they melt in your mouth and taste awesome!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again some really great ideas here. I just love these little treatbags, (don´t even know, what they´re called), I make lots of them here with different looks. Do you know, that one toiletroll just fit perfectly for one box?? Just glue some paper on it and glue the ends with some strong adhesive and decorate them, very very easy and a good re-use of things most people just throw out.
    My best VAlentines treat will always be either Anton Berg Marcipanbread or orange chocolate he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute projects, thanks for sharing them, and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fave treats, the Purdy's truffles my hubby buys me every year, have sadly dissapeared (I mean, it's chocolate. It goes bad if longer than three days in the house:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best treat I get is the homemade cards from my kids. They make them all by themselves and mommy is not allowed in the room until they are done and hidden. There is nothing like a homemade card from the kids. All their creativity goes into them and they are made just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite treat is chocolates with caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flowers and dinner out ... oh yeah, baby!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tube with candy. It reminds me of ice cream that they used to have in a paper container at school. I think it was like a push pop type thing.
    My favorite treat is caramel and fudge sundae with nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite treat is Leonidas chocolates! If you haven't tried them, you should!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the giant Hershey's kisses. So much fun to dig into, plus the kids think they are pretty neat! What an adorable headband!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those treat bags are yummy!!!! and that necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Hubby Gave me a Tulip Pant in my Favorite color Purple and i love Tulips and he made me two valentines card that were from the Heart. it was a Very special Day. thanks for the chance to win.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My fav treat is anything chocolate LOL Love all the projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite treat is Dove Dark Chocolate. The projects are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally sweet projects! My fave treat is dark chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love white chocolate truffels! Thanks for a fun week of valentine posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Being able to go to my daughter's class party. I also got an amazing card from her. My husband got me cinder blocks for my garden and a rose :) Great giveaway :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. very fun ideas! glad the candy is almost gone here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My best treat was getting invited to my granddaughter's school Valentine party. So blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of the projects are so cute! Just love the idea of using spellbinders with the felt to make that very cute necklace. i think I am going to try this with 1 special little 8 yr. old girl. I know she'll love it. Thanks for sharing. My favorite valentine treat is chocolate covered strawberries and DH treated me to them this yr. Yea! thanks for the chance

    ReplyDelete
  23. My fav Valentine treat is the heart shaped Reese's peanut butter cups....mmmm! yummy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Going to my daughters Valentine school party and listening to them sing 'All you need is love'! It was really cute! Not a song I would have expected from kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite is chocolate pretzles.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable necklace and cute treat containers.
    I have been enjoying a bag of Valentine peanut butter m&ms with my Valentine (husband)

    ReplyDelete
  27. My hubby gave me a dozen red roses, he stood in line at Walmart and got Twilight's Breaking Dawn Movie for me, and a card that the words brought tears to my eye's! My favorite treat is that he loves me so much :O) Love your tutorial cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brownies and a HAND MADE card from my Hubbt! It was perfect! Thanks for the great projects, inspiration and the chances to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved giving my nieces and nephews funny handmade cards as thy got old enough to understand and enjoy the puns.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable flower necklace. Makes me wish i had girls instead of all boys. My favorite Valentines treat is lindt white chocolate truffles. So yummy! Second only to kisses from my 19 month old grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I got some candy from my friend today as a late gift.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The little bags of candy are so cute. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like the flowers. Speaking of flowers, I got some!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So cute--I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Can I just say that you never disappoint week after week day after day! I LOVE your blog and ALL the projects! They are fabby! This year my hubby gave me a Huge Mrs Fields Cookie with lotsof frosting! Yummy! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  36. I got Kit Kats! Love them. And I cannot create without Glue Arts so bring it on :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. How pretty. I love that you can see thru them. I would love a gift like that. My hubby always gets me some delightful dessert, usually my favorite...coconut cream pie!

    ReplyDelete
  38. My favorite treat given was 26 little glassine bags that I embellished, die cut name tags and tied off with red and white twine. (For my daughter's preschool class) It was so fun & it was the first time I'd done something like that in mass quantity. Lovely projects today, thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh so very adorable!! Thanks for sharing both projects!

    ReplyDelete
  40. My favorite valentine is usually a box of chocolates. Since I had mouth surgery this year, just being able to chill and heal is the best thing hubby gave me. He's taking very good care of me.

    ReplyDelete
  41. cute bags! My favorite Valentine treat is Turtles..

    ReplyDelete
  42. my favorite valentine gift is good chocolate, like buttercreams from a store back home!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous projects! I gave my hubby a hey hot lips cards this year with a bag of cinnamon lips. His reaction was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. this year i recieved a gift card to one of my favorite stores---that was a total surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, great tutorial!! I always love seeing all of the step by step pictures. My favorite Valentine treat is Russell Stovers chocolate candies. They are my downfall. Thanks for the giveaway and the chance to win!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  46. That packaging always makes for such a fun little treat, I have used it before! LOVE your post.

    ReplyDelete
  47. My fav valentine was dinner at my fav restaurant . It was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  48. My favorite Valentine's Day gift was roses from my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love Godiva chocolate and will sometimes give it as a special treat too!

    ReplyDelete
  50. My best Valentine was the hug from my 2 year old "I love you, mom."

    ReplyDelete
  51. My best gift was a very cute card from my 11 yr. old daughter. Warmed my heart!! Ty for the chance to win! Just told my daughter I wanted an atg for Mother's Day! www.craftykards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. great projects! love the necklace

    ReplyDelete
  53. My favorite treats are salted caramels. So delicious !!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. My favorite valentine gift is the clay heart my daughter made in first grade. Still keep it in my jewelry box to this day (40 yrs later).

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your projects look great with the products used.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete