Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day from GlueArts!

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

We're celebrating ways to show your love today, tomorrow and throughout the year!!

Designers Jaime Warren and Tamara Tripodi have adorable ways to show you love to your loved ones!!

GlueArts Adhesives help you craft and create for your sweethearts each and every day!!






Love Mini Book/Romantic Coupon Book

GlueArts Designer: Jaime Warren


Supplies:
GlueArts Glue Glider Pro w/ Perma Tac
GlueArts U Cut It Foam


Here is a super simple and sweet way to show someone you love them - a little love mini book/romantic coupon book. I created this one especially for my husband (shhhh, don't tell!) There are a couple of different ways to create this little book - using tags like I did or tucking little notes/coupons into the sleeves left by the openings of the lunch bags.

I used five lunch bags and folded them in half then cut. I took the "pocket" parts of the lunch bags and sewed a binding on the edge so that the pockets were facing out. 

Using my Glue Glider Pro I attached a patterned paper sheet trimmed down to size and then began layering on my embellishments.
Doilies are the main embellishment of this album - inexpensive and super cute! I simply cut them in half and then attached.
I continued cutting the doilies in half and then attached them on the inside pages on each side. For some of the pages I attached the tags on the outside of the doilies. 
For the other pages I tucked mini glassine bags under the doilies with a tag tucked inside.









'Love U to the moon & back!'
GlueArts Designer: Tamara Tripodi 

Supplies:
Glue Glider Pro handle with Extreme Tac cartridge
Glue Arts U-Cut it foam adhesive
Glue Arts hot glue gun and glue sticks
October Afternoon 'Rocket Age' papers, buttons, stickers and chipboard elements
Grey wire
Canvas corp. star shape
Thread for stitching (off white)
Canvas Corp. ivory twine
Star shaped box to alter OR you can get a star shaped box SVG file (which is what I used) from svgcuts.com - vintage paper rosettes kit

I created this project with my little space man in mind! My son, Austin, loves planets and rockets.. He has a space themed room and all! I love, LOVE this OA 'Rocket Age' collection and was excited to get a chance to play with it some more! A perfect 'non-traditional' Valentine goodie box for my little guy! 

Instructions:

1). Create your star box by cutting the SVG files or altering a paper mache box found at any craft store. My finished box is about 6" wide.

2). Embellish the top of the box with a smaller star die cut and a canvas star. The paper die cut star should be stitched! Adhere the canvas star with Glue Arts hot glue over the die cut star.

Then, using a craft knife, poke a small hole in the middle of the star box lid and push the wire through, bend and adhere in place with Glue Arts hot glue.

3). On the wire, adhere the rocketship. When using adhesive backed chipboard as something other than a sticker, I always peel the adhesive layer off. Very easy to do with a craft knife! Adhere to the top of the wire with Glue Arts hot glue.

4). Add the planet and moon to the rocketship chipboard piece. For the moon, since it was a sticker, I adhered it to a piece of cardstock, and then used my craft knife to cut it out. 

I layered some Glue Arts U-Cut it foam to give dimension.

5). Finish embellishing your box with buttons, stickers, twine, etc.!

And you're done!

I hope you've been inspired and this helps you think of some fun non-Valentiney (or, not so traditional Valentine) ways to show someone you love them! Enjoy!



As a special treat....we'd like to give you a chance to win our Glue Glider PRO with our NEW PRO+ Perma Tac Cartridge plus our 3D Combo Pac and you got it...our must have Adhesive Squares!


Simply post a comment about your Valentine or favorite treat you've received or given and we'll enter you to win!!!! We'll pick one random winner and announce their name here on the GlueArts blog this Friday!


Happy Valentine's Day!

48 comments:

  1. I so love this mini album made with paper pages...such an awesome idea...and this great gift box...I am so loving it...how darn cute..

    so creative...love it..
    Happy Valentines Day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that mini album with all the doilies...I pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this minialbum here, so I just have to pinch this idea too, as it´s so gorgeous.
    We don´t celebrate Valentine here a lot, but my best expirience was quite a few years ago, when my son came back from a schooltrip and brought me this huge box of chocolate with a gorgeous Valentinescard, where he told me, how much he loved me. I need to say, that he was 14 at the time, so NOT the age, where you say out loud, that you love you mum, but he did, and I think, I still have the card here somewhere, and now he´s just turned 30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a lovely little mini album. I love all the lacey looking cutouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wasn't my best gift, but it was the weirdest - a quiche dish! I must admit that we were into making quiche at that time, but it sure wasn't what I expected for a romantic Valentines gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek! I love the mini album! What fun pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best treat is when the kids remember to give me something...even if it's just a kiss :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my husband and I were dating and he had gone to the grocery store, and came into his moms house carrying a huge teddy bear, giving it to me in front of his whole family!!!

    The mini album is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THE PROJECTS FOR TODAY!! =)
    THANKS for sharing and for the chance to win!! YIPPEE!!
    Have a VERY HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY/WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making paper bag albums so Fun!
    I received some beautiful flowers from my sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Mini Album.
    My Valentine gave me flowers and A Home made Card. we will have a special dinner ad night. thanks for sharing. and the chance to win this cool glue Gun have wanted this for some time.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute album and rocket goodie box. My favorite Valentine was the birth of my first grandchild 6 years ago today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mini so cute with the doilies! LOVE that box, so super cute! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Valentine's Day! Love all the projects..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it when my hubby surprises me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Valentine is my sweetheart of a husband who is cooking us dinner this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  17. also love the mini album!
    fav treat roses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects, and I love when they show the adhesives they used. My favorite Valentines Day gift I ever received was a "love letter" from my husband. I was very touched and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always get a box of the nicest Purdy's truffles. If you are a chocoholic and have yet to try Purdy's, you're in for a treat. If you know them... you get it. I always make my hubby a card. And instead of flowers, I ask for a potted plant - they brighten my office and craft space for a good long time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the mini album. My favorite treat on Valentine's day is Dove dark chocolate hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome mini album! I love the Dove Dark Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love you to the Moon and Back is so adorable! My favorite Valentine candy are Turtle chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I get one of theose great big valentine cards every year

    love them

    ReplyDelete
  24. Made my first pop-up card last night, it was so cool when I opened it and it worked. Used the glue runner and the perma tac,I put recycled flower petals on the outside of the card. I really enjoyed working with your products.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Valentines Day!!! What FaBuLoUs projects. I love the mini album, so creative and so romantically cute...I love recycling things so this project is even more appealing to me.
    Thanks so so much for the chance to win.
    x0x0x
    MadZie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute album, thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My best valentine, was spending the day with my hubby hitting the antique stores. Our feet hurt and our wallets were a bit lighter when we got home, but we were happy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an adorable idea with the bags for a mini album! I will be attempting to make one for a good friend! The special Valentine I gave this year was a cardstock heart garland with embossed lettering and bags of Valentine candy corn attached to the back of each heart. I delivered them in a paper bag with instructions to just pull on the ribbon. The garland unfurled out of the bag. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love paper bag albums! So fun! Love the space box! I love Mrs Fields Cookies with lots of frosting for Vday! Happy Valentines Day! Callyann

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun fun fun!! I love the mini and the box! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favourite Valentine treat are classic milk chocolate Hershey's kisses. Love the album! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your mini album made from paper bags. I like the way you stitched them together. I punched holes and used ribbon for mine. They are so fun and easy to make.

    Yesterday I had painting books for my great nieces with little heart shaped water-paint tubs down the side. Too cute!

    Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Thanks for the chance to win!

    Julie
    Http://scraphappypapercrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love paper bags albums! Went out to dinner with my hubby and daughter for VD. Had a great time because I didn't have to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the projects that you are sharing....thanks so much for sharing with all of us.
    I love peanut butter cookies for V-day .... I received a charm for my Pandora Charm Bracelet this year to go with what hubby bought last year.
    Have a great day and thanks for a chance to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great projects. Since my birthday is on Valentine's Day, I got a Copic Carrying Case and flowers - LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOVE that mini album!! I am determined to make one this year

    ReplyDelete
  38. I got two wonderful valentine gifts from my husband. I haven't been feeling the best, so he got me a pedicure gift certificate. But best of all, he bought me a handmade fairie doll that I have drooled over for years. This local woman made them but wouldn't sell them. She couldn't part with them. But then recently she decided to sell a few. And I got one !!! Thank you dear thoughtful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I got a poodle desk organizer!!! I love poodles !!! The projects are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just love that space themed star box!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Jaime your mini album is so beautiful!!!!!! I think the combo of paper bags and doileys worked wonderfully, such a creative homemade gift, thanks for sharing it with us! My fave Valentine gift was the card my 4 1/2 year old made for me at preschool. I couldn't stop hugging the little squirt ;) Mostly cuz it was the first time she's made me a card all by herself!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My favorite Valentine gift I received was a "serenata" from my husband a few years ago!! I usually cook some cheese pie or chocolate cupcakes for him and my son!
    I loved the mini album! That would be a great valentine gift!! ...next year =)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I enjoyed preparing treats for my children's classes. Being a room mother afforded me the luxury of doing that for each of my children.
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love all the details in these two projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for all the great a nd talented ideas.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete