Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

GlueArts Will Love YOU Forever!!

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Hope you had a good day whether you spent the day helping at your child's school, planning a special dinner for loved ones, doing something nice for someone else or just enjoying the day.

Anyday and everyday is the perfect time to let someone know how much you love them. And our talented team of GlueArts designers have ways for you to show you love 365 days a year!!

Designer Andrea Budjack has a beautiful handmade card with a handmade heart that makes ours skip a beat!!! And Designer Kristen Swain has created such an intricate home decor piece you might have a tough time parting with it!!
Will Love You Forever Card
GlueArts Designer: Andrea Budjack


Supplies:

Glue Arts Perma Tac
Glue Arts UCut It Foam
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Giant Dwarf - felt
Pink Paislee - paper, clear stamp, letter stickers
Little Yellow Bicycle - chipboard letter
Chic Tags - tags, badge
Maya Road - stick pin
Bazzill Basics - cardstock
Anna Griffin - label
Prima - paper
Simple Stories - bird sticker
Clearsnap - smooch spritz
Sizzix - flower die (to create heart)
notebook paper
fabric
lace/trim
staples
thread



Instructions:
1. Cut cardstock for card base and fold in half.
2. Cut paper to cover front of card and adhere together using Glue Arts Perma Tac. Add piece to card front.
3. Using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive, apply fabric to edge of paper piece.
4. Add label and notebook paper to card front using Perma Tac and stamp.
5. Apply Ribbon Adhesive to card front and add lace/trim.
6. Add labels. badge and chipboard letters to front of card using Glue Arts UCut It Foam. 
7. Add bird sticker, letter stickers and smooch spritz to card.
8. Create heart using flower die and felt, stitch and mount onto label using UCut It Foam.
9. Add stick pin to heart.
10. Staple white cardstock tab.



Vintage House Banner
GlueArts Designer: Kristen Swain

Materials:
Glue Arts Perma Tac and Adhesive Squares, UCutIt foam
House album/ribbon flowers- Maya Road
Paper- Imagine Printed Vintage Paper, Pink Paislee, The Girl's Paperie, paper scraps
Fabric- Basic Grey
Lace- Walmart
buttons/flower
Ribbon/Leaves- Maya Road
Crinkled Ribbon- www.scrapinkris.etsy.com
chipboard- Crate paper
various embellishments
paint- Adirondack dabber
ink- colorbok
Letter stickers- We R Memory Keepers

Instructions:

1.Cut basic shapes across houses using pattern paper.
2. Sew ribbon and lace across top of houses on paper, baste across ribbons to ruffle, then sew across housetop.

3. Glue house paper onto chipboard houses using Perma tac adhesive. Trim edges of paper, lace and fabric.
4. Ink around edges of house and fabric.

5. Embellish houses with ribbon rosettes, flowers, brads, trimmings, and pearls using Adhesive Squares.

6. Add phrase to center house, handcutting heart and adhering with UCutIt foam.







As a special treat....we'd like to give you a chance to win our Glue Glider PRO with our NEW PRO+ Perma Tac Cartridge plus our 3D Combo Pac and you got it...our must have Adhesive Squares!


Simply post a comment about your Valentine or favorite treat you've received or given and we'll enter you to win!!!! We'll pick one random winner and announce their name here on the GlueArts blog this Friday!

62 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project today! I love all that lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful bouquet of Valentine's Day flowers. I love the lace and hearts on the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects are fabulous! Love all the beautiful trims on the houses and that little felt heart from the card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Vintage house banner. I love the plaid ribbon that is folded and pleated. It makes it look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you ladies have outdone your self...these are so creative and amazing... Boy I sure have learned quit a bit from your postings... Love the CREATIVITY...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects--I like all the lace and trims on the banner.
    My husband surprised me by bringing home steaks to grill--they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! Since my husband is in the military, we rarely get to spend valentines day together. This year he sent me a beautiful black pearl necklace. I can't wait to wear it when he comes home later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage house banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOUW these projects are so awesome too. Love the card with the cute little feltheart on it, but really adore the little housebanner very much. It´s absolutely gorgeous with all the different lace on them, that looks so fabulous. Thanks sooo much for the wonderful inspiration here, it´s really awesome.
    One of my favorit treats will always be the gorgeous wildflowers, that my husbond sometimes take the time to stop and pick for me on his way home from work. First they´re just so gorgeous flowers, and next that he takes the time to stop and get out to pick them for me, shows me how much he loves me and care, and that´s not just for Valentines Day but all year around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects!
    In the last valentines day I receveid by my husband one sew machine, and I love it
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects!! My fav Valentine treat would be a spa finders gift card!!! chefl@swbell.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need the ribbon adhesive so bad! I have some poly twill ribbon that doesn't stick to anything. Ugh. The projects are so detailed and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My valentines made me cards with their own two hands (husband) and paws (cat and dog). So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these projects are beyond gorgeous! My Valentine was goneso I treated myself and dogs to a tv watching/crafting night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got to have Mexican food for dinner last night for Valentine's Day. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your projects! My husband gave me a beautiful ivy plant in a pot with a cute valentine card actually on the pot. The card is the pot. It was so cute!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First, I LOVE your ribbon adhesive!!!
    Second, my Valentine made a BBQ dinner for me. Ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your projects! I got craft tools from my love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite treat is dark chocolate with nuts. I got some, so I'm pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute projects, love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful projects! I love my box of chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made 2 valentines this year. A stand up penguin for my DD and a sliding, spinning robot for my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My fav treat is a day out with my DH and our dogs.
    The projects are outstanding. I love this blog because of the quality of the projects. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, the banner is incredible! I made a few valentines this year - my husband, my son, my parents and helped my little guy with simple ones for his schoolmates.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous projects! I made my husband a little birdy with a pocket that I found on the internet and put a little love note in the pocket and put it on his pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I gave my son peppermint patties--his very fave and he loved that they were heart shaped an pink inside for valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  27. 31 years with the same Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My daughter stopped over with two bags of candy and a beautiful card. My friend stopped over with an apple - heart attached with a message "you're the apple of my eye" ... how sweet is that?
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow ... all the projects are gorgeous, but that house banner is just AMAZING!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the projects today!
    my valentine bought me wrist guards for roller derby....it may not sound romantic but it was exactly what i wanted!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favorite Valentine's gift was my sweet dauschund puppy 4 years ago. He has been such a sweet addition to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful projects! This year my husband and I had a pizza and red wine for dinner at home...it was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I need some serious scrap time!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful card Andrea. Kristen -- your vintage house banner is beautiful and so original!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful card Andrea. Kristen -- your vintage house banner is beautiful and so original!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great projects! My hubby got me my faves: kit kat bars and peanut butter cups!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I always learn the best tips when I stop by here--thanks so much! My fave Valentine treat is definitely chocolate--in almost any form!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful projects!my fav valentine present: Love the cards the kids make and give to me

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all this lace. My hubby is my Valentine, and we got married the weekend after - coming up on 39 years! He still brings me special treats now and then for no reason but to show he loves me! What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome projects. My husband made me a copic marker bouquet once - it was beautiful and I could use all of the great markers after. Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  41. These projects are fabulous! Love all the beautiful trims on the houses and that little felt heart from the card is so sweet! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  42. As always, the projects shown here are GORGEOUS!!! I did receive a card and candies from my 4 year old which was tooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  43. one year i sent all of my 7 grandchildren and my daughter and son-in-law hand-made valentines. the projects you showed today are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow! Love the projects, the ribbon on the house is great, thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  45. my favorite Valentine was this year's; my husband bought me a handmade fairie I had wanted for a long time but couldnt justify the price, plus he gave me a pedicure certificate. Then we went to a concert where we had raspberries in champagne before the music started. A great day. An even greater husband.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Eleven years ago our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild, a grandson, on Valentine's Day. Now 11 years later we are expecting our 10th grandchild in July & it is still a wonderful gift!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. My favorite Valentine memory - like everybody else's, I'm sure - was the Valentine card exchange at school.
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow!, these projects are so adorable, and thanks for the great tutorials showing all the products used. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful card and little house! I love the felt heart and the ribbon flower on the house. My fave Valentine's Day gift was when my 4 yr old brought home a card she made for me, seeing the pride on her little face was so heartwarming :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sent my DS some dried fruit for Valentine's Day, and a homemade card, of course. Thanks for the how to on the coupon book--cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the inspiration these projects give to me. I love getting homemade Valentine's card from my mom every year.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Homemade cards from my kiddos would be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  54. The card and banners are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Okie dokie gotta make this too! Love Cinnamon hearts! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  56. One year, I got a beautiful red velvet pillow with red velvet flowers covering the front of it. I knew my husband would never think of buying it, let alone go to a store that sells it, so I bought it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Such a lovely project today!! I love to receive chocolates on Valentines day but my Valentine also gave me flowers this year. So beautiful!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the lace and heart stick pin.
    They created a pretty tag & lovely house.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  59. lilianmonges@uol.com.brApril 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

    Loved..
    I,m from Brazil and finded your blog.
    Loved loved loved!
    kisses
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete