Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Follow Your Heart with GlueArts!


Valentine Tag & Treat Box
GlueArts Designer: Linda Albrecht

Supplies:
Glue Arts Accent It All Vinyl-white
Patterned Papers- My Minds Eye
Trinket Pins- Maya Road
Rhinestones- Melissa Frances
Die Cuts- AccuCut & Provo Craft
Wood box- Michael's
Miscellaneous:
Lace & Ric Rac trim
Cotton string
Mini clothespin
Paper heart doily

Instructions:
1. Cover treat box with paper using Perma Tac Adhesive, distress edges with sandpaper and brown inkpad.
2. Cut embellishments from paper and from U Cut It Foam. I like to apply paper directly to one side of the foam (slightly bigger than the pieces that I am cutting) so there is no room to apply the die cut paper incorrectly... especially with a shape that is scalloped or intricate, because the foam sticks like crazy! There is no taking it off to line up the edges better once you place it on the foam-- and that's a good thing, right? :-)

3. For the tiny flowers cut from the foam, remove one side of the backing and apply glitter to the sticky side. Remove other side backing as you apply them to your project.

Box embellishment
4. Cut "doily" from white Accent It All Vinyl and adhere to the box front then apply foam to the backside of a tag and place on top of vinyl doily.
5. Apply lace and trims with Ribbon Adhesive then wrap string around box and through the hole on tag then tie at the side.

6. Apply remaining die cut pieces, add a rhinestone to each flower, stick a trinket pin into the foam behind die cut, add a mini clothespin to the tag and clip on sentiment.

Tag Instructions

7. Cut tag from patterned paper. Fold a paper heart doily around the left side of the tag, but do not glue in place.
8. Cut a heart "card" from patterned paper that will fit over the top of the paper heart doily and sew machine stitches to the front. Apply Perma Tac adhesive to the left inside on the patterned paper heart card then stick the doily to the card.

9. Use Perma Tac to adhere the back side of the paper heart to the back side of the tag.
10. Add trims and foam cut embellishments to the center of the heart on the tag.

11. Stick trinket pins into the foam embellishments and add rhinestones to the foam flowers. Tie a fabirc bow at the top of the tag.







LOVE Letters
GlueArts Designer: Tamara Tripodi

Supplies:
Glue Arts U-Cut it foam
Glue Arts Glue Glider Handle and Extreme Tac cartridge
Stamps by Unity and Punkin' Patch Stamps
My Mind's Eye papers
Canvas corp twine and kraft paper pouch
Memento Ink
Buttons
Kraft knife and mat
Washi/Paper tape
3D letters (Hobby Lobby)

Instructions:

1). Using your Glue Glider handle with Extreme Tac cartridge, adhere paper to letters. Trim off excess. I left the back and sides bare.

2). Stamp all your images that you plan to cut out. Cutting them out with a kraft knife and inking the edges a bit looks great! I adhered various cut out stamps with the U-Cut it foam! I love the dimension it adds, especially with the hot air balloons, gives them a 'floating' look.
 

3). Add more stamped images directly onto the letters. 

4). Embellish with buttons, twine, etc. I used a Canvas corp paper kraft pouch along with hearts backed with U-cut it foam to give the look of hearts floating out of the envelope.

Also, a fun little tip, for more dimension LAYER the foam for extra 'pop'! 

We don't know about you...but we're loving this week and all the "love"ly projects from the team!! They just make you happy don't they?! And speaking of making you happy...it's Friday and that means one final CHA giveaway to share with you this week...this one from our friends at Core-dinations Cardstock we have two...yes TWO packs of cardstock collections..


The Vintage Collection pack and the Black Magic Collections pack!!

Plus since we're highlighting our GlueArts U Cut It Foam all week long we're tucking in a pack of that too!!

Simply post a comment today and you're entered to win! We'll announce all the winners on Monday! So be sure to post a comment!!


Did you know? You can shop online for all your favorite GlueArts adhesives and that includes the U Cut It Foam!! Just head to our website and shop away!
 

114 comments:

  1. I love to make treat boxes. I love to GET treat boxes. These are so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decor piece, so pretty! I am having trouble finding any of teh adhesive fabric tape at my LSS - and no luck at my online store either. I know ot has been a huge hit at CHA so hopefully it will become more avalaible in Canada too... Great project for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked some GORGEOUS papers. I love how they go together and look so classy. Great for adults

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the projects. I really must try the cuttable foam. Looks like lots of fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun projects! I love the LOVE letter! I decorate for holidays and this would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another amazing day of fun projects...I love Valentines...these are all wonderful...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried to make treat boxes but now, I've got a tutorial and I have no excuse for not making any! Thank you and loves the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love making different boxes and this one is really awesome, thanks so much for the tut here. This looks really awesome and will be one of my next tryes I´m sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love those letters! What a great display for the home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love your projects....So Sweet. Im very inspired now and need to go make something...I would love to win this so I can make something great.
    Amy Jones
    amy_cj79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fave idea from this post? Making those glittered embellies with U Cut It foam!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this!! I think I need some foam now:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! Love the treat bag and the glittered flower! Awesome way to alter the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all these projects....anything valentine themed is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just loving the dimensional shapes you are making with the U Cut it Foam!! Such cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful colors and beautiful projects. This week has been divinely inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure glad it's a three day weekend, so I have some time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much depth in these beautiful projects! Another wonderful prize package. It would be so great to win one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty projects. Like the papers and have to get the foam.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty projects. Like the papers and have to get the foam.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect projects for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome projects! I LOVE the L O V E letters!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Darling. I made a love decor piece this year too. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects! Love Valentine's Day! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great idea and thanks so much for sharing with us. Love Glue Arts and thanks so much for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing all the cute Valentine inspiration!!! I would not be without my Glue Glider Pro!!!! Thanks so much for the chance to win this awesome prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH HOW I LOVE THESE PAPERS! You outdid yourself this time, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another great project to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  31. too cute! love everything, have to have some of the u-cut foam!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE the treat boxes! I needed ideas for projects for the kids! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE the projects!! Thanks for sharing the "how to's"!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Some really nice projects & thanks for sharing! Carol M in TX/carolswingster77@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. GORGEOUS projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. the projects are just so beautiful! thank you for the detailed pics! this makes me want to try to make them!!
    thank you
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome projects! I am loving that u cut it foam! rlovew1976@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the Love word art. It's adorable and so is your treat bag and box. Thanks for sharing.



    http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Would love to try the U Cut it Foam. The ideas here are great.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love all of the projects. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What wonderful projects. LOVED them all!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am loving the projects I have seen this week. Awesome. This Foam is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Foam-tastic projects! Loving the U Cut It Foam and the papers! Hope I get lucky and win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. i love todays projects...
    they're all terrific ....so I won't even attempt to choose a favorite...
    instead.....I'll steal a little inspiration form each...if that's ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. What great projects - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Super cute projects! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fabulous projects! So much inspiration. Thanks for the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Really beautiful projects. So much detail and layering and oh they are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Cute Valentine boxes!
    Love the Core-dination papers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What awesome projects! Keeps me so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a sweet treat box! Tne LOVE is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great projects! I would love to try the U Cut It Foam!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the asterisk she made :)
    cheryl131091 at yahoodot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Amazing projects!! So creative and inspiring! THank you for the inspiratioN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I LOVE the Love Letters! Glue Arts just makes being creative so much easier! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gotta get those LOVE letters. Fantastic looking

    ReplyDelete
  57. Need to get some of that U Cut foam...love that you can diecut with it!! So great! Plus I love the projects you showed too....so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thank-you for all the great ideals.
    kamis79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow super cute projects!! The pink, red and black LOVE is so really fun with the hot air balloons on the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  60. What beautiful projects. Thanks for all the ideas and giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  61. WOW!, these are awesome projects, I love them all. So very creative. Your adhesives are so versatile, and seem to help make it easier to create great embellishments. The foam is the "bomb", I really like it. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Such cute stuff! I'm all inspired to make something. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  63. cute treat boxes. thank you for sharing the projects today.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the glitter foam flower idea! That treat box is just as nice as the treats inside it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Your projects are so amazingly beautiful, great ideas and papers. Thanks for inspiring me each time I check in.
    catghyplus5.blogspot.com
    mexicopetshop at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the Sweet projects! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  67. after all the great examples of how to use U Cut It Foam this week, I'd really like to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow -- so lovely! Lots of feminine details on these valentine projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great projects! Love the love letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh My Goodness these projects are ALL just fabulous!!! You've given me SO much inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks glue arts for sharing all of the fabulous projects I just love that balloon stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Lovely projects, so beautiful!!!
    And the glue is wonderful!!!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. This is a great project! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great projects! Some from talented people. I can't wait to try out the U-foam! Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow, such great ideas for using all your products. Love it.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  76. Perfect timing because I needed a treat container for my mom and daughter's Valentine candy!! Loved the projects this week, I really want to win U Cut It foam adhesive! Thanks for a great week and the chance to win :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love your projects! Adore the papers on the LOVE letters!!! I love my Glue Glider Pro!!! I have never used the U Cut It Foam but I must get some and try it:)

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  78. The love letters are so amazing! I would love to try the foam.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Love the projects treat boxes are great, thank you for sharing it and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Fabulous projects and I love your manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  81. Amazing! Loving the CC prize too!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Really like the LOVE letters. Would LOVE to win the Core-dinations cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Head projects are lovely! I am loving the u cut it! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I really like that LOVE mantel decoration. It is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing all the projects...loads of inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I continue to be amazed at how versatile the 3D U Cut It foam is!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love those LOVE letters, so sweet. Thanks for all the useful tips about foam.

    ReplyDelete
  87. I love the U Cut It Foam! What a versatile product!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Oh my! What beautiful projects! I can not say which I like best...beautiful work!
    happiqueen at aol dot com
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  89. Super cute projects.. really adore the LOVE letter project :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Thaks for another chance to win and for sharing your projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Pretty I like the idea of diecutting the foam and using glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Oh my gosh! I love all these projects! Love the Love Letters too! So very cute! TFS Callyann

    ReplyDelete
  93. Ahhh GlueArts my go to product. Can't wait to try the foam. I am working on "love"ly cards this weekend too. Thanks for the inspiration as always.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Oh, I just love all of the gorgeous projects. I would really love to try that U Cut It Foam. Thanks for the chance to win!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  95. I am enjoying all the projects this week. the glitter on the foam is a great idea.
    thanks for sharing
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  96. I love these beautiful valentine projects. Thanks so much for sharing your talent here on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Great projects! I made my first Valentine Banner! using my glue glidder pro! thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  98. WOW! LOVE all you fabulous projects!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete