Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

We've Got Style with Simple Stories and GlueArts!

We've got style yes we do...

We've got style how about you?!

Sorry...those cheerleading days never really do leave you do they?!

And why should they! When our designers saw the products from Simple Stories new Year.o.graphy collection...they were definitely cheering!

Just take a look at what Designer Lesley Langdon and Linda Albrecht have for you today!!


FEB. Style Layout
GlueArts Designer: Lesley Langdon 


Intro:
For this layout, it was so easy to put together with this Simple Stories Year-o-graphy collection kit, that was full of things to cut out, like the folders and letters. Not to mention the large variety of stickers and alphas! Of course, putting it all together with my Glue Glider Pro+ cartridge was EASY, smooth and I know those papers are staying put! Exactly where I placed them. I love the Glue Arts Micro Adhesive Squares for the tiny embellishments. A regular adhesive square would have been seen, but the Micro Adhesive Squares are tiny and can be hidden. Perfect for twine, cord, buttons, etc.



Supplies:
Glue Arts Micro Adhesive Squares
Simple Stories Year-o-graphy Collection Kit (Patterned Paper, Expressions Cardstock Stickers, Fundamental Cardstock Stickers, and Calendar Cardstock Stickers)
Spellbinders Edgeabilities® E8-005 Classic Postage Stamp
Spellbinders Edgeabilities® E8-006 Classic Petal
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cut Machine
Unity Stamp Co. (Sweet Loving and Living set - calendar)
Memento Black Ink
Waxed Cord
Clearsnap Chestnut Brown Ink
Sharpie Pen
Paper Clips



Instructions:

1. Cut out feb. from Simple Stories Year-o-graphy" patterned paper. Ink edges and adhere to top of layout with your Glue Glider Pro Handle with Pro+ Cartridge (Perma Tac).

2. Mat photo onto red strip of patterned paper at the top, die cut middle with Spellbinders Edgeabilities, and adhere both pieces to the layout.

3. Cut out other pieces of patterned paper (like the folders) and adhere to layout.
4. Stamp calendar on right hand side, circle date.


5. Adhere letter stickers, hearts, and other embellishment stickers from the kit.
6. Add journaling and faux stitches here and there.
7. Adhere cord bow with a square of Glue Arts Micro Adhesive Squares.
8. Attach paper clips.


"Desktop Monthly Inspirations"
GlueArts Designer: Linda Albrecht

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts 3D U-Cut-It Foam & Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
Glue Arts Adhesive Squares Perma Tac Mini's
Simple Stories "Year-O-Graphy" Collection papers, 4x6 Colored Transparencies & Fundamental Cardstock Stickers
Maya Road Business Card Acrylic Stand and cardstock pages
Maya Road Trinket Pins, Gingham Blossoms & "How's the Weather" & "Motifs" Chipboard Shapes
Ranger Crackle Paint, Clear Rock Candy
Other:
Rhinestones, Clear & colored glitters, silver pipecleaner, brown distress inkpad, buttons, jingle bells, wool felt, muslin fabric, clear transparency sheet, acrylic paint, jute twine

Instructions:













1. Paint chipboard pages with acrylic paint, lightly sand edges to distress then apply brown ink
2. Apply patterned papers to select pages, machine sew stitching.
3. Cut desired felt for pages and fabric then add machine stitching.
4. Adhere fabric and felt pieces to chipboard pages with Perma Tac Adhesive.
5. Print quotes onto clear transparency sheet and then cut out and apply to the pages with Perma Tac Adhesive.
6. Add cardstock stickers then add additional layers of stickers using 3D Foam to pop them up from the pages.
7. Apply glitters and Crackle paints to desired embellishments.
8. Add buttons and rhinestones as desired.
9. Cover top side of the acrylic stand with patterned paper and distress edges.



Today we would like to not only invite you to visit the Simple Stories blog  but to also go to their Facebook page and show them what amazing fans we have here at GlueArts! They'll be looking for your post on their wall and will be offering a Simple Stories prize to one of our fans who post a kind word on their wall! So please be sure to stop by the blog and then visit their Facebook wall too!



And don't forget to post a comment here too! We'll enter you to win their Year.o.graphy collection along with our Glue Glider PRO and our NEW PRO+ Perma Tac Cartridge! Already have a PRO Handle? No problem...we'll let you pick out another PRO+ Refill!! We'll select one random winner and announce their name here next Monday!!

89 comments:

  1. Totally inspiring projects! Love the monthly inspiring mini book- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects!!
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really loving all the cool projects this week. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flip book and the quotes are great. Need to do something like this to inspire me each day!
    Thank you. janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is so so amazing...so creative and full of inspiration...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that monthly inspiration mini, especially all the different textures/textiles in it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These projects are fabulous. I've really enjoyed the whole series using Simple Stories and I can't wait for my Glue Arts order to arrive with products I haven't tried before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS SO MUCH for all of the FABULOUS IDEAS!! THANKS also for the chance to win!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the layout, it is adorable. But that Monthly Inspiration for a desktop is absolutely amazing. I thank you for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I just love that monthly inspiration here, and imidiately thought it would be perfect to make a calendar this way too, so I´m of to try that out for sure. Thanks so much for the great ideas here and have a great week-end everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! That Desktop Inspiration is AWESOME!! Thanks for the chance for goodies! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    kimnsammy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wonderful and lot's of inspiration , thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got style yes I do because I use Glue Arts in all my paper projects YES I DO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous project...totally has style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome projects! love the monthly inspiration book. thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful projects! Great layout and that inspiration book...is so darling. So many details packed in to this precious mini! love the ric rac road!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the desktop inspirations! What a wonderful idea..makes my creative juices flow; gotta make one! thanks for the chance to win too..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Also, I forgot to say I have lusted after a GlueGlider pro forever and would scream if I won one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am so in love with this line, and would love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects, I need to check my local craft store for these adhesives especially the one small enough for twine and small embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it!!!! Thanks for the chance!!

    cheryl131091 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The layout by Leslie is awesome! And I love the desktop inspirations. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, these projects are just amazing! I love homespun look and all the details! Have been hearing about Simple Stories but never saw their products before.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome projects today. LOVE Simple Stories!! and LOVE Glue Arts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been seeing Simple Stories products online but now I'm in love with them after seeing these projects! The mini book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That desktop inspiration book is totally amazing! I love all the great details. Thanks for sharing some awesome projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Total style! Cute stuff today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Great projects, love the flip book, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the monthly inspirations especially. The style page for the month is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Applause to Linda for her desktop monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome projects, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really like that desktop monthly. Lots of detail, but just one thought to ponder for the entire month.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ladies, great LO and mini... Lesley, great instructions and photo's you are a pro...
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am in awe of all the super dee duper projects! I loved this whole week! Thanks for sharing! CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  35. love that little book! it is so cute! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like that little book with the rings.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow. That desktop is gorgeous! Loving all the inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful LO, and the desktop mini is gorgeous!! Love all the different textures!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great LO, the desktop mini is very inspiring! Maybe I should make something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love all the sayings and embellies in the mini album. Beautiful

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the projects - they are great

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such beautiful projects today! This collection offers SO MUCH, how could I not find a use for it! Using GlueArts adhesives makes my projects stay in place too!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great layout and love the desktop inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  44. wonderful projects! such great talent! I love coming here to get somegreat ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Now this is an amazing project! can't wait to try my hand at it- starting early this year to get gifts for next holiday season made!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Unbelievably cute projects. Simple looking enough to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  47. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  48. OMGosh adorable desktop monthly, love it and am going to have to make one..... Love the monthly layout idea also, I will have to give this a go in mini version.... Thanks for the inspiration....

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love all the beautiful projects. TY GlueArts & Simple Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Loved the mini year book - fantastic inspiration. The Feb LO was great too!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I have wanted the Glue Glider Pro & cartridges for a long time & what do I notice tonight on the side? They are "Made In America"!!! I'm way more excited now! Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I LOVE your desktop project. I'm starting to love Simple Stories...

    ReplyDelete
  53. thanks for all the inspiration - love Simple Stories!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  54. Saw your gun in a local scrapbooking store but didn't know anything about it. I will now go back and get one!! Love the year.o.graphy collection inspirations too!

    ReplyDelete
  55. The more i see this line the more I like it. I need to go shopping

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hello !!! I don't have a PRO Handle yet, but I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Yesterday I order that collection (had not seen it before).. And almost two years ago I came across the Pro handle and adhesive while visiting Texas Hobby Lobby ( yeah we just got some in CA!) ... Anyway love it and now I dont have to order online BUT would love the Pro+ and that collection, TFS! Great Layout and thanks for sharing ins

    ReplyDelete
  58. That flip book is wow wow wow!!! I would totally buy that if I saw it in a store. :)

    Lovin all the Simple Stories inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  59. OMG~WOW~UH-MAZE-ZING! YES, I'M SCREAMING, B/C I LUV THESE PROJECTS & SIMPLE STORIES~LOL! Okay~I'm calm now! That inspirational calendar mini book is my fave project this week! I've got 2 make 1 as a Teacher gift 4 my sons 1st grade teacher! Loyal follower via GFC & on FB! Thanx~prhmangel@gmail.com
    Bloggie Address: http://www.scrappinangel-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. After seeing the inspirational calendar I HAVE to make one but I really need a Glue Glider to help me. HeHE!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. How adorable is that Desktop Monthly Inspirations? I love it. I have discovered I NEED the Glue Glider PRO.

    ReplyDelete
  62. What gorgeous projects! Thanks for the opportunity to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thanks for posting this project ~~~ really gets my MOJO on!! I am heading to my scrapbook table now!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I have really enjoyed this past weeks projects . TFS. PS...Linda and Leslie , you two have mad skills.

    ReplyDelete
  65. simple stories and gluesrts are two of the best blogs i look at.....the chipboard books are awesome!! would love to do this project for myself of my kids! thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Great 'love' layout its very pretty and just in time for Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  67. The Year-long inspiration mini is SO. Cute! Amazing project!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Very cute projects today! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love these projects! Your really know how to make Year-O-graphy shine! Thanks for the chance to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love the monthly inspiration book and just may have to 'lift' the idea. TY for the opportunity to win these great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love the projects and inspiration!! -missmammamurphy31@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love Simple Stories and Glue Arts! What an awesome giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Gorgeous dress and lovely fabric choice! Don't be sad about ผลบอล moving to London, think of all the lovely vintage social events you ผลบอลสด can go to. Also London has great fabric shops!

    ReplyDelete