Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snowmen and Special Memories with Simple Stories!

We're back!

With more fun projects using Simple Stories Year.o.graphy collection and GlueArts Adhesives!

Simple Stories has such a unique style...products...you're just going to fall in love with them. Their new collection Year.o.graphy is no exception. What starts as a collection geared to celebrating the season's monthly memories...offers such unlimited options...such as you see today!

Designers Audrey Pettit and Grace Tolman show how one collection can be used for sweet wintery home decor item and for collecting and capturing family memories. You're going to love it...we promise!

And keeping things together as only GlueArts can...our Glue Glider PRO, U Cut It Foam (made to cut to ANY size) and our Extreme Adhesive Squares are just a few of our products that helped make these items!

January Snowman 
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit


Supplies:


Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro + and High Tac Adhesive

Glue Arts U Cut It Foam Adhesive
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares

Simple Stories Year-O-Graphy 12x12 Collection Kit

American Crafts Hemp
Foofala Buttons
Stampendous Shaved Ice Mica Glitter
Clearsnap Ink
Plaque


1. Cover base of plaque with polka dotted patterned paper using Glue Arts High Tac Adhesive. Cut a second layer of contrasting paper and add zig-zag machine stitching for detail along pattern seam. Adhere second layer to the right side of the plaque.
2. Tie brown hemp cord around the left side of the plaque where the two paper layers meet.


3. Cut a semi-circle from brown dotted patterned paper to create a hill at the bottom.

*Tip: I traced around a small plate to get my curve.

4. Press sticky back side of a banner sticker into the mica glitter, then adhere to the top of the plaque using Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares. Do the same with the smallest blue snowflake from the sticker sheet and adhere to the top left corner, along with a hemp cord bow.


5. Add U Cut It Foam adhesive to the back of the snowman sticker, then press the sticker into the mica glitter to coat. Add snowman to the plaque.


6. Continue pressing snowflake stickers into mica glitter and adhering to the plaque with Extreme Adhesive Squares. Top snowflakes with buttons.



7. Attach a strip of patterned paper and January cardstock sticker to the bottom right corner. Edge plaque with brown ink.


Enjoy!

Downtown Disney Documented Mini
GlueArts Designer: Grace Tolman

About two years ago, we were going through a very challenging time trying to sell our home. I never liked open houses because I consider it a hassle for me trying to figure out where I can take my kids for a few hours that won’t be too expensive because we had to be out of the house. This trip to Downtown Disney was a good break for us because we didn’t have to spend a ton ( and we enjoyed the time that we were out of the house) and it took the stress out of our situation. It was worth documenting! I also love how the Glue Arts Adhesives and the Simple Stories Year-o-graphy paper pack made this mini an easy and no-hassle process to make.



Supplies Used:
Glue Arts Perma Tac
Glue Arts Raisen’s
Glue Arts U cut it foam
Glue Arts Extreme Square
Glue Arts Mini Square
Mini album- All Mixed Up, Clear Scraps
Pattern paper, stickers and die cuts- Year-o-graphy, Simple Stories
Circle punch- EK Success
Scallop scissors- Fiskars
Black pen- Creative Memories
Cardstock- (white) Wasau Paper; (Pink) The Paper company
Typewriter- Royal

More photos...









We'd like to invite YOU to enter to win this Simple Stories Year.o.graphy collection along with our Glue Glider PRO Handle and new PRO+ Perma Tac Cartridge! 




Already own a PRO Handle...well then we'll give our winner the choice of another handle (after all two handles are better then one!lol) or another PRO+ cartridge of their choice! 


Just post a comment and you're entered to win! We'll select one random winner and announce their name right here next Monday! And after you've browsed today's project we hope you'll stop by the Simple Stories blog for more projects and ideas from their talented team of designers!

90 comments:

  1. I know how much a hassle it is to try and sell a house and have kids. I love that you documented your special time. Sometimes we forget to document the everyday things that happen. Love the paper and I couldn't scrapbook without my glue arts Glue Glider Pro. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love todays projects, and espevcially the mini is really awesome and soooo well done. And I agree, we should be much better to document the daily things too more often.
    I also just love that little snowman, he´s just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both projects are awesome. The wall hanging is adorable. The mini is a great way to highlight a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These projects are so fun--thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fabulous! Very creative. :)
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects!! Love the mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those projects!!! so cool! especially the snowflakes :)

    cheryl131091 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE that Downtown Disney mini! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Glue Arts use it all of the time and I am adoring the Simple Stories collection, great projects that are being shared today. I know I have my hands up in the air to win some. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects today!!!! LOVE that mini album.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this project.....well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two more awesome projects. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  14. This line is a MUST HAVE! Thanks for the chances!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute projects...I'm really loving that line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that mini - i remember trying to sell our house 6 years ago with 2 year old twins and a 4 yo. i agree, open houses are a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so want to win so I don't go buy it! Love this and my glue glider pro of course. Can't scrap without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I know why they call themselves Simple Stories...their products make crafting simple. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful projects....and such a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun and festive! I love the alteration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute projects! love that snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love that little snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. AWESOME Projects!! WONDERFUL Inspiration and that Snowman is SOOO CUTE!! Thanks for the chance to win glue arts and Simple Stories! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    kimnsammy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both these projects are wonderful. I like the wall hanging because of that cute little snowman. The mini book is a wonderful idea in documenting something out of the ordinary such as moving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are both beautiful projects... Love the plaque and what an awesome mini....

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG love these projects! Love the sparkle on the snowman home decor project! great mini, super cute details!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous project!!! Love all the details...thank you for the close up pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an adorable snowman! These projects are so wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. awesome projects by audrey and grace! love them! thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance! happy new year, glue arts! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great projects. Love the mini. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.


    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great album and love that snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very neat projects :) Wonderful album and that snowman is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome projects! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally cute projects! Love the snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these projects! What a fantastic collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love these projects! So much fun and great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing! rgauss at sbcglobal dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another neat way to hold onto, yet display, memorable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the projects! Thanks so much for sharing and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, I love both of these projects! Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the projects especially the mini... I'm definitely gonna check out more simple stories. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  41. that snowman card has lots of texture ....good thing glue arts is holdiing everything together!!!
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  42. These are just adorable projects! You are both so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am finding that I am better at "finishing" smaller projects like these than tackling a "huge" album with nowhere to start!
    Thanks for the awesome projects. And the glue to hold it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great projects. Love the mini. Perfect idea.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such great projects I love the mini album. I haven't tried the bigger gun thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  46. This line is a must have. Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such cute projects!! Love the detailed instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are both such cute projects!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love Simple Stories and Glue Arts - thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm really enjoying these projects made with Simple Stories.The wall is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Simple Stories is fabulous, the projcts are so fun and the products are the best. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a wonderful album to capture all your memories. The snowman is super cute too! I recently discoverd Simple Stories and love all the lines!

    ReplyDelete
  53. love the projects today. Snowman is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Adorable projects today! I can't way to try the foam squares. How have I missed them all this time??

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great projects, I am enjoying this blog swap!I can not wait to try out these products!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Martha Blackman-HughesJanuary 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM

    This is a great paper line and a very cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love today's project. I usually only scrap holidays and vacations but scraping events like selling a home is so meaningful.

    Carol B
    ciaotalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is such a perfect way to document memories, I love it, totally want to scrap some of the moments of 2011 that I want to remember. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the projects!

    Julie
    jeweliegwen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow this projects are amaizing!!! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration! Love this paper collections!!! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. love the projects. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I used the baby line to make my granddaughters baby book for Momma. I used all the same color cardstock and used everything else for decorations. I did it in less than 8 hours and she LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Great inspirational projects and so easy to do!! I love Glue Arts and Simple Stories! Thanks for sharing and a chance to win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the card as well as the word book. Both are beautiful. Thanks for the chance to win something that I don't have & would like to try to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love that snowman with all those cute embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  66. thanks for the inspiration! these projects are great!
    daniellehigginbottom at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Awesome projects (thinking I will not buy new paper, I will not buy new paper, I will not buy new paper!)

    I like the wall hanging too. Very nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Simple Stories is fabulous - the name says it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I just love these projects, thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thanks for sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Glue Arts adhesive is my adhesive of choice! I love the 'Mini'-it is so rich with texture. The Year.o.graphy collection is such a cute collection. Thank you sharing great ideas and this giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Great projects. I love both Glue Arts and Simple Stories so this is the perfect match-up for me. Kepp the FAB coming...

    ReplyDelete
  73. awesome projects. i especially love the step by step instructions. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh my heck! That snowman is so cute! Great idea! I love any kind of mini albums too and this disney one is fantastic! I wish I lived next to all these talented people! Love it! Thanks Glue Arts! CallyAnn
    and Simple Stories my new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thanks for the inspiration, I am going to have to get some of that dimensional foam. Great project ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Simple Stories Year-in-Review looks like a must-have collection to me! The adaptability to so many different projects is awesome! Hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful projects, those papers are so gorgeous, can see a lot of uses for them!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Both projects 2day were fantastic;) U just have 2 luv that paper from Year.O.Graphy~especially the brown w/ multi-color swiss dots on it~so yummy! Plus, I have this on going luv affair w/ mini albums~lol! Loyal follower via GFC & on FB! Thanx 4 the inspiration;) ~prhmangel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. Great projects. TY for the opportunity to win these great prizes.

    ReplyDelete