Please help us welcome Momenta to the GlueArts blog! We've been planning this for a bit now so we're happy to finally bring this fun week of projects to you!
Momenta was kind enough to send kits of all kinds to our design team...so all this week you'll see a wide mix of products and creations using our GlueArts Adhesives and Momenta's products!
Designers Grace Tolman and Audrey Pettit are sharing with you today. We loved Grace's unique album she made! What a book to save special memories in!! Designer Audrey Pettit has a boy themed door hanger...great gift idea also for new parents too!!
Pretend City Mini Album
GlueArts Designer: Grace Tolman
Cardstock, pattern paper, bling and stickers- Momenta
Letter stickers- American Crafts
Corner rounder- Marvy Uchida
Scallop border punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Scallop scissors- Fiskars
Pen- Creative Memories
Circle Punch- EK Success
Photo corners- Recollections
I love making mini albums for specific events or travels that I have a lot of photos of. I usually print my pictures in a smaller format like 2 x 3 or 3 x 4” so it can fit with the minibook size. The Momenta line that the design team received had a lot of great sticker quotes that I sprinkled all around the book. I love how the quotes are inspirational and talked about “imagination” which fit perfectly for the theme of my project which is about a trip that the kids and I took to a fun place called “Pretend city”. This fun place was a warehouse transformed into a miniature city where kids can pretend to be people in the neighborhood. They had fun stores and buildings that mimic what you can see in a typical city like grocery store, bank, post office, gas station and restaurant.
The album that I picked was actually a journal type book so it had thin sheets of lined paper. I placed my photos in the book and then tore the rest of the inside sheets that I didn’t need. I love how Glue Arts adhesives especially the Raisen’s and U cut if foam gives my projects instant dimension. I used them to layer the flat stickers on top of each other.
Oh Boy Door Hanger
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit
Momenta Vacation Collection:
Patterned Papers, Chipboard Accents, Die Cuts, and Cardstock Stickers
Simple Stories Alpha Stickers
Kraft Outlet Twill
Darice Wooden Door Hanger
Craft Hobby Blade
1. Measure the width of your wooden door hanger and then cut various patterned papers to size. I used three contrasting patterns for my design. Cover the door hanger with High Tac Adhesive and layer with the papers. Use a craft hobby blade to cut out the circular opening and sand all the edges of the hanger, including the center opening.
2. Adhere twill and string using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive.
3. Cut three rectangles from patterned paper and add cardstock alphas for the title. Adhere to the center of the door hanger using High Tac Adhesive. Add another thin strip of patterned paper across the top of the rectangles to "anchor" them. Adhere string across the top.
4. Layer chipboard globe accent onto a die cut and adhere to the door hanger using Glue Arts Raisin's. Add cardstock star stickers.
5. Add chipboard arrow to the bottom of the hanger, along with chipboard buttons. The chipboard is adhesive backed, but to give extra strength to the small buttons, I adhered them with Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares.
We would like to invite you to post a comment for a chance to win a kit of products from Momenta. It's filled with papes, stickers, embellishments and more! (And we have to tell you...you're going to love the products!!)
We'll also include GlueArts products as well! Our Embellishment Kit is a top choice amongst our designers! Our GlueArts Embellishment Kit is filled with Adhesive Squares, Vellum Adhesive and our U Cut It Foam!
We hope you'll also stop by the Momenta blog this week for more ideas on how to use our two products!
Before you go let's announce last week's lucky winner of the Simple Stories Year.o.graphy collection along with the PRO Handle and new PRO+ cartridge! That winner is:
I'm LOVING the Year.o.graphy and of course Glue Arts!! Thanks bunches for the chance! Have a GREAT Day,
Congrats congrats to Me-Ma Kim!!! Please email me at Gluegirl@Gluearts.com with your info!! And be sure to stop by again tomorrow for more ideas and chances to win! We'll see you then!!
As always when you need it to stick...chose GlueArts!