Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Help Us Welcome Momenta to the GlueArts Blog!



Please help us welcome Momenta to the GlueArts blog! We've been planning this for a bit now so we're happy to finally bring this fun week of projects to you!

Momenta was kind enough to send kits of all kinds to our design team...so all this week you'll see a wide mix of products and creations using our GlueArts Adhesives and Momenta's products!

Designers Grace Tolman and Audrey Pettit are sharing with you today. We loved Grace's unique album she made! What a book to save special memories in!! Designer Audrey Pettit has a boy themed door hanger...great gift idea also for new parents too!!




Pretend City Mini Album
GlueArts Designer: Grace Tolman


Supplies Used:

Book- SEI
Cardstock, pattern paper, bling and stickers- Momenta
Letter stickers- American Crafts
Corner rounder- Marvy Uchida
Scallop border punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Scallop scissors- Fiskars
Pen- Creative Memories
Circle Punch- EK Success
Photo corners- Recollections

I love making mini albums for specific events or travels that I have a lot of photos of. I usually print my pictures in a smaller format like 2 x 3 or 3 x 4” so it can fit with the minibook size. The Momenta line that the design team received had a lot of great sticker quotes that I sprinkled all around the book. I love how the quotes are inspirational and talked about “imagination” which fit perfectly for the theme of my project which is about a trip that the kids and I took to a fun place called “Pretend city”. This fun place was a warehouse transformed into a miniature city where kids can pretend to be people in the neighborhood. They had fun stores and buildings that mimic what you can see in a typical city like grocery store, bank, post office, gas station and restaurant. 

The album that I picked was actually a journal type book so it had thin sheets of lined paper. I placed my photos in the book and then tore the rest of the inside sheets that I didn’t need. I love how Glue Arts adhesives especially the Raisen’s and U cut if foam gives my projects instant dimension. I used them to layer the flat stickers on top of each other. 











Oh Boy Door Hanger
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit


Supplies:


Momenta Vacation Collection: 
Patterned Papers, Chipboard Accents, Die Cuts, and Cardstock Stickers

Simple Stories Alpha Stickers
Kraft Outlet Twill
Recycled String
Darice Wooden Door Hanger
Sandpaper
Craft Hobby Blade


1. Measure the width of your wooden door hanger and then cut various patterned papers to size. I used three contrasting patterns for my design. Cover the door hanger with High Tac Adhesive and layer with the papers. Use a craft hobby blade to cut out the circular opening and sand all the edges of the hanger, including the center opening.
2. Adhere twill and string using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive.
3. Cut three rectangles from patterned paper and add cardstock alphas for the title. Adhere to the center of the door hanger using High Tac Adhesive. Add another thin strip of patterned paper across the top of the rectangles to "anchor" them. Adhere string across the top.

4. Layer chipboard globe accent onto a die cut and adhere to the door hanger using Glue Arts Raisin's. Add cardstock star stickers.


5. Add chipboard arrow to the bottom of the hanger, along with chipboard buttons. The chipboard is adhesive backed, but to give extra strength to the small buttons, I adhered them with Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares.



We would like to invite you to post a comment for a chance to win a kit of products from Momenta. It's filled with papes, stickers, embellishments and more! (And we have to tell you...you're going to love the products!!)

We'll also include GlueArts products as well! Our Embellishment Kit is a top choice amongst our designers! Our GlueArts Embellishment Kit is filled with Adhesive Squares, Vellum Adhesive and our U Cut It Foam! 

We hope you'll also stop by the Momenta blog this week for more ideas on how to use our two products! 

Before you go let's announce last week's lucky winner of the Simple Stories Year.o.graphy collection along with the PRO Handle and new PRO+ cartridge! That winner is:



Kim said...




I'm LOVING the Year.o.graphy and of course Glue Arts!! Thanks bunches for the chance! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

Congrats congrats to Me-Ma Kim!!! Please email me at Gluegirl@Gluearts.com with your info!! And be sure to stop by again tomorrow for more ideas and chances to win! We'll see you then!! 

As always when you need it to stick...chose GlueArts!

79 comments:

  1. A new year, a new chance to win some Glue Arts. Maybe I'll get lucky this year. Keep the inspriation coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love minialbums too, and is actually working on one right now too he he he. This one is so cool, and these papers and sentiments are really awesome. The doorhanger is also really cool. Such great work from the designers here again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, I love the mini album. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all these projects, such GREAT Inspiration!! WOOHOO! THAT'S ME!! I WON!! HAPPY DANCIN'!! I've sent my info to you. THANKS GLUE ARTS YOU ROCK!! Makes having to clean the house today a WHOLE LOT more enjoyable!! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    kimnsammy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a soft spot in my heart for mini albums, this one is so cute. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!!! LOVE the inspiration! Thanks!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome selection of projects, and products. Thanks for a chance to win.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The door hanger is adorable!
    Prize sounds great, thank for the chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The door hanger is adorable!
    Prize sounds great, thank for the chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the week with Momenta! Great looking door hanger. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of the mini albums. I feel like I have accomplished more, instead of adding a few pages here and there to my larger albums. Great projects. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mini albums!! This one ROCKS!! The door hanger is too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome projects! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the mini albums. the papers are beautiful. I am going to have to add them to my wish list! Thanks for all the creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sure would love to win because I see what these ladies can do with the products!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic album and cute door hanger. Thanks for the chance to win.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the album. So cute!!! Thanks for the chance.

    a ashuk @ shaw . ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love mini albums. So quick to finish and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the bright colors and graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. super cute mini! congrats kim~
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to Kim and great door hanger and album today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great projects both here and on the Momenta site. Thanks for the ongoing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice project. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job... Love making mini albums...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such awesome projects today. Love the photo album. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love these darling projects! The mini is so sweet and perfect to give as a gift! And the doorhanger is perfect for any kid's room! Thanks for the inspiration!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great projects! I especially like that mini album.

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a great mini ablum...congrats to Kim..

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the mini album. It's simple and cute. The papers are great. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the door hanger, quick and easy gift to make for kids of all ages. Would love to try some of Momenta's products cant find them here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've never seen any Momenta produts, but the projects are super cute !

    ReplyDelete
  32. oooh what a great idea! I;ve got to try the door hangar.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have never made a mini album but after seeing this one, i have my new project of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have never made a mini album but after seeing this one, i have my new project of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. looking forward to another great week on the blog--
    it's off to a great start

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the mini album- I always enjoy doing those.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love how you used the Momenta products, fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've used Momenta products before, and they are a quality product and such sweet paper designs! I also picked up a three pack of replacements for my glue glider pro - LOVE that thing!! Thanks for the chance at some great products!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great way to make a mini album. I like the papers--nice colors and patterns. Thanks for showing us your talent. I'm new to Momenta, so I'm glad that you got together with Glue Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That album is great, and I LOVE the door hanger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fabulous mini albums and I love the door hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  42. momenta, just uno momento, uno momento, stay here with glue arts, stick here with glue arts... \i will not forget your company.... uno momento..... that's all i screamed as i did ziplining last month, and do i have photo's that will pop using momenta papers!!!! smile.....
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  43. I luv the projects 2day~especially "Pretend City", I'm sort of obsessed w/ mini's! That prize pack from Momenta looks so yummy;) loyal follower via GFC & on FB! Thanx 4 the chance 2 win~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com
    Blog~www.scrappinangel-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the album and door hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a cute album and also the door hanger is great! Thanks so much for the chance to win..

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous mini-album...the door hanger is super cute too!!! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great projects! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win great products!

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW! Great projects today--love that album! I really should make one SOON!!!

    Gotta love MOMENTA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the projects, the mini album is just fabulous! Off to check out Momenta!

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the mini album, so cute with fun colour.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I have never heard of this company before, but their products look really terrific! And the projects are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  52. The mini album is cute. I like the idea of using lined papers. It was intersting how you covered some pages completely with pp, then left the line pages on others. Great idea. What a wonderful prize. The paper and embellies are awesome, I got very excited seeing what adhesive comes along with it. :)
    finelyworking@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. nice post. Now you can use this b2b marketplace to promote adhesives products import & export business.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This collection is really different. I love the colors and the embellies. Thanks for the chance to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. "pretend city"!!! now, that cracks me up! great projects. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful mini album and door hanger! The prize looks fantastic, thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love seeing all these amazing products and such inspirational ways to use everything! Thank you so much for sharing and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  58. That album and hanger are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  59. i received a bind it all for Christmas.. i am loving this mini book. i have been having lots of fun with my new toy and hope to try binding a mini book like the above one. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Loving that mini! All of the pages are wonderful! I also love the door hanger what a fun idea, my son would love it! Thanks!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a fabulous mini album. The papers are so pretty! Love the fun kit with pretty papers and stickers! Thanks for the chance to win these! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow, great projects. So quick and easy, the way mini albums should be.
    I will be checking the blog every day for more inspiration. Love the product giveaway, too. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Whar a sweet mini abum & tag. Thanks for the chance at the giveaway.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  64. Loving all the cute papers and embellishments from Momenta, and of course Glue Arts holds it all together! Off to hop!

    ReplyDelete
  65. love that doorhanger...see one in my future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love these projects!! Thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  67. That's a really cute album and I love the door hanger. My 6 yr old grandson would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love the mini album and door hanger today! So adorable! I also went to Momenta's FB page and said hello! Thanks for all the great inspiration! cdring at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  69. These projects are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  70. These projects are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Lovely projects! Thanks for inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. The Pretend City mini is awesome. Many, many years ago I took my daughter to place like that, I will have to find those photos, now. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete