Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Day of Firsts With Studio Calico and GlueArts PRO+

Studio Calico

A kit club and amazing product line.

The monthly kit club is filled with an amazing, eye-pleasing assortment of papers, cardstock, embellishments, chipboard, stamps and more. In fact often it's the kit is packaged and put together so amazing...well some of us have  a hard time breaking it up!lol)

They also offer extra add-on kits that enhance the main kit, offer another fun theme and make you wish you could purchase one of each!! It's slightly addictive and altogether wonderful! Here's an example of one of their kits and add-ons.


Our Designers all commented time and time again how much they enjoyed  working with the kit...proof is in the pudding...here's a beautiful layout from Designer Lesley Langdon!

First Golf
GlueArts Designer: Lesley Langdon


Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro (Perma Tac Adhesive)
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Studio Calico Kit (Field Guide)
Spellbinders Die Templates (Grand Labels Four, Grand Labels One, Grand Big Scalloped Ovals)
Clearsnap Ink (ColorBox Queue)
Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger
Cut n Dry Foam by Ranger






Instructions:
1. Die cut grand labels from different papers. On one, apply tape and trim with Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive.

2. Ink all edges with pigment ink.

3. Adhere papers to cardstock background with your Glue Glider Pro (Perma Tac Adhesive). Ink around the die cut papers with Antique Linen Distress ink, using a foam applicator.


4. Make rosette flower and stack layers using Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares.

5. Adhere decorative tape, one layer, ruffle it when applying, the other tape, lay flat on top. 
6. Adhere rosette flower and chipboard butterflies to the layout with Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares.


7. Adhere brads and sticker letters for the title.
8. Add journaling and ink around the cardstock background edges.


Beautiful!!! So tell us...are you a 12 by 12 scrapper. Do you tend to scrapbook more holidays and special events...or also every day moments? Do you make cards? Altered projects? Jewelry?

We'd love to hear from you and a bit about your holidays! And for posting a comment...


we'll enter you to win the same amazing kit from Studio Calico that our team of designers worked with! 

The Studio Calico Field Guide is filled with papers, cardstock, alphabet stickers, brads, stickers, butterflies and a custom stamp exclusive to Studio Calico and the kit!

Simply post a comment and we'll enter you to win the same beautiful kit of supplies that the Glue Girls worked with along with a Glue Glider PRO and a new PRO+ Multdirection Flip Perma Tac Cartridge.(if you already own a PRO handle..we'll offer you a choice of the handle or another cartridge instead)


We hope you'll stop by tomorrow and do visit the Studio Calico blog for more ideas, inspiration...and to find out more about Studio Calico's monthly kits!  


And for all of our CHA Friends coming to see us at the Winter Craft & Hobby Trade Show...we'll see you soon!! Be sure to take a moment to visit our GlueArts CHA Winter 2012 page for more details about our events, make n takes and much more!

73 comments:

  1. I'm a 12x12 scrapper. Scrapping everyday as well as special events. I have made a card or 2 but mostly pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this kit! It would be great to win it! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add ons, how fun! I love kits. All of the shopping is already done for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful, so soft, and love all of the layers. I am a 12x12 scrapper, though I am going to try a mini, they look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I scrap various sizes - hollidays, specail events, trips, and everyday life- whatever strikes me as I sit down to work. I have started doing cards really this year- my goal is to make 10 each month. rlovew1976 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I love Studio Calico and I could really use some glue glider pro+ refills! I haven't found them at any stores around me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kit!! I am a 12 x 12 scrapper and I also love making cards. I scrap any picture that I enjoy and want to show off, whether it be holiday or every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project
    I love it
    xx and tks for the chance to win
    Leila
    leilacassimira@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the layout!! So sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great layout! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scrapbook layout! I'm more of an 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbooker, when I do scrapbooks (which I tend to only do for special occasions). I do more cardmaking these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do 12x12 layouts, scrapbooking is my first love. I have been doing alot of cardmaking lately, but will be scrapping alot this year again. I love your adhesives and SC has a great kit here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I mostly scrap 12x12. I mostly scrap special occasions and trips, but I take lots of notes and pics of everyday so that someday when I get all the special stuff done, I can start on that! I also make cards (it was a goal last year - now I'm back to making fewer cards and scrapping more!) I don't really like altered projects and have a hard time working with jewelry tools, so I stick mostly to paper right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I mostly love to make cards and will start to scrap this year for our family photos.
    Love the layout, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm primarily a 12x12 scrapper of everyday moments... Somehow I don't seem to get around to the big events... I also make all the cards I need and the occasional other paper crafting projects that catch my eye... Love Studio Calico!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just wonderful. Love the way the paper has that burned look without being burned. Loving this.
    Amy Jones

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like to scrap all different sizes! I would love to win! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a 12x12 scrapper and I would say I do a mix of types of layouts. I definitely do events, but I also try to catch every day moments, personality traits and special memories. That's what scrapping is all about. Fabulous fun today on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOOOOOOVE these projects! I also love Studio Calico! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layout-loving those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Glue Girls are truly showcasing the diversity and beauty of these Studio Calico kits! LoveIt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a Super page! Lovin the papers in this SC kit. Thanks for the Shot to Win it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a 12x12 scrapper and totally adore Studio Calico products! Their embellishments are always perfect for their papers!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am generally a 12 x 12 scrapper of everyday moments. I love Studio Calico, and the layout here is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful. What a stunning job done here, it´s truely amazing.
    I mostly do small minialbums for special events, but I´m an avid cardmaker and make lots of altered arts too. I actually love to do it all, if I just had enough hours in the days LOL. I really like Studio Calico, they have some really awesome products.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Studio Calico and Glue Arts. Great projects far. Would love to win thanks for the chaonce. Have a great time at CHA .

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am just getting back into scrapping after doing cards for a couple of years. I love 12x12 but also 8x8. I have never tried the kit method- it would be a first for me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I sure would like to scrap lift this! Thanks for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely layout, the details are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i make cards and this would be a lovely kit for that. thank you for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm an avid cardmaker AND scrapbooker. I have always wanted to join a kit club, but my finances are too unpredictable to make a long term committment. And I am still coveting a Glue Glider Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! I would love to make a mini with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. absolutely love this page!
    marie-anne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! Love this kit, thank you for the chance to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great kit! I am mainly a card maker but also do some scrapbooking in a variety of sizes. I mainly do holidays and birthdays but some everyday events.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful layout this kit is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this kit! Everything goes together so beautifully! Would love to win this!! Thank you for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  38. When I scrapbook, it is usually on 12x12. I like to create pages that are not holiday specific. I am a cardmaker, I dabble in canvas art, and have made a few jewelry pieces as well. I have never worked with a "kit" before and would love to take this delightful collection for a creative test drive! Thanks for the chance at some awesome products!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful layout! I am a card maker and it is starting to spill over into scrapbooking, it is all addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  40. beautiful lo! dying to win this!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. beautiful lo! dying to win this!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. That new kit is awesome!

    I started out doing 8.5 x 11 layouts but now I am exclusively 12 x 12 with a little card-making thrown in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. 12x12 and a card maker too. I enjoy anything scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love all the elements of this kit

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like 12x12 but I'm really starting to like smaller pages such as 8x8 and 6x6 for minibooks. Any size is good b/c that means we are completing work.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful layout. I scrap mostly 12x12. This is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am a 12 x 12 scrapbooker. I tend to scrap whatever I happen to take pictures of which ranges from events to flowers to whatever catches my eye. lol I do make cards and lots of arts and crafts. As long as I am creating, I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am a 12x12 scrapper. Events and special memories are all of my theme's.
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow, awesome layout. Looks like she had great adhesives to work with too in Glue Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I normally do 12 x 12 pages and I do both holidays and everyday But I do lots of travel albums too. I find that when i start with one holiday I usually try and do several years worth of pages.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I 12 x 12 scrap almost every photo I take of our grandbabies. The duplicates are made into mini albums by the grandkids. Thats a great looking kit.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love this LO! I think this kit is just sooo pretty! I'm a 12x12 scrapper with a few cards and minis here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  53. All of that pastel and light patterning is gorgeous together! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the butterfly embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful papers and embellishments. Great LO

    ReplyDelete
  56. Adorable LO! I do mostly 12x12 of special events/holidays.. These days I find it extremely hard to get away from cardmaking! So much quicker and less thought in my opinion.. which equals more fun! But I am getting way behind in memory keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Studio Calico is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful! I love the detailed instructions, so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is a very cute layout! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love this layout!! WOnderful! Thank you for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful layout, love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I'm a 12x12 layouts. And I love to scrap every little moments of my life with my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I use to scrap everyday life, and for the holidays, special events I love to create mini-albums.
    thanks for the super chance.

    ReplyDelete