Is it store bought?
What about handmade?
Today's project is handmade and yes...we'd like to say wrapped beautifully!!! It started with the idea of making a gift box filled with handmade cards suitable for all occasions. Then that idea led to the gift bag and the matching accessories...perfect!
Floral Gift Bag Card & Accessories Set
GlueArts Designer: Julia SandvossPin It
GlueArts Glue Glider Pro - Perma Tac
GlueArts U Cut It Foam
GlueArts Extreme Adhesive Squares
DCWV Lemon Flower Paper Stack
Epiphany Crafts Tools: Shape Tool Round 14, Button Tool Round 14
Epiphany Crafts Bubble Caps Round 14, Button Round 14, Ring and Vintage Setting
Sizzix Die Cut Machine
Sizzix Bigz Die Flower Layers #9 (657114)
K & Company Fabric Brad
Hero Arts Leaf Stamp
Gift Box Target Stores
Gift Bag & Card Instructions:
1) I chose to repurpose a bag I already owned. Cut a piece of paper to fit the widest and longest part of the bag. Then cut a 2 inch wide strip of paper and a 1 3/4 inch wide piece of another pattern. Adhere together using GGPro and PermaTac adhesive. Next adhere the wide ribbon using Perma Tac.
2) Cut 3-4 flowers using die in various pattern papers. Then layer mixing and matching. Use Raisen's to give height to each layer and adhere together.
3) Finish off with an Epiphany Bubble Cap.
1) The cards were made to fit inside the box. They measure 2 3/4 by 2 3/4 square. Each one has it's own layered flower made in a similar fashion to the bag. Layer the papers a bit different for each one for an individual look. I left greetings off so these can serve for any purpose.
Gift Box Instructions:
2) Stamp onto the wool felt leaves using black Stazon inks to ensure it will not smear or smudge.
3) Next layer together the flower first adding the brad through the center of the top two flowers. Then adhere the flower layers together using Extreme Adhesive Squares. Adhere the ribbon onto the box and finish off with the flower on top.
Floral Headband & Ring Instructions:
2) The ring is a breeze to make with Epiphany's tools. Simply use the Round Shape tool and press onto the Vintage Setting with an Extreme Adhesive Square. Then use one additional square to adhere to the ring base.
Well that's it! We're wrapping up our week with the bright and fresh Die Cuts With a View Lemon Fresh line! We hope you've enjoyed this week! We'd like to giveaway one of their beautiful Lemon Fresh Paper Stacks along with our must have Glue Glider Pro with Perma Squares and our Extreme Adhesive squares which were key to making today's projects!
Simply post a comment today...let us know what was your favorite handmade gift you've given or received!! We'd love to hear! We'll pick one random winner on Monday!
And if you're out and about this weekend look for GlueArts products all over the Archiver's ScrapFest event! We're partnered up with some of our favorite companies...October Afternoon, Core-dinations, Making Memories, Lilly Bee, Epiphany Crafts, Authentique, Sizzix and Ki Memories! Be sure to stop by their booths and participate in their make n takes using GlueArts Adhesives!
Also if you're in the St.Louis area, come join Ken Oliver and the Glue Girl, Julia Sandvoss, at For Keeps Sake Scrapbook store today for a make n take using Unibind and GlueArts! Details can be found on the For Keepsake Facebook Wall along with Unibind's Wall!
Hope to see you there!!