Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Canvas, Chocolate Treats & More!

We've got style...

Holiday Style...all week long we're sharing our GlueArts "Holiday Style" using the new October Afternoon Holiday Style collection!

It's filled with holiday prints, vintage embellishments and trims...and you guessed it...buttons!!

Christmas Canvas Decor

GlueArts Designer: Kristen Swain

Supplies:


Glue Arts- Perma Tac and U Cut It foam, Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
October Afternoon Holiday Style Collection
Cricut Machine- Cricut Craft Room and Cricut Font and Basic Shapes
Other buttons/tinsel ribbon/glitter/puff paint/twine
Canvas
red ink- inkadinkado
paint dabber
craft glue


Instructions:



1. Use Perma tac and adhere block of paper to front of canvas, also cut strips and cover sides of canvas. Then use red ink to ink sides and corners of canvas, when dry, dab with pearl paint dabber.



2. Cut star using Cricut Machine at 7 inches wide. Adhere to canvas with Perma tac.


3. Use craft glue to adhere buttons to star, layering where desired. Then use puff paint and dab around on buttons. Sprinkled with glitter and allow to dry.

4. Use UcutIt foam tape underneath stickers, layer them together and adhere to front of star. 


5. Tie bow with tinsel ribbon and button with twine, then use Hot Glue gun to adhere to star top. Add in other stickers using UcutIt foam tape.

6. Cut strips of paper, trim at corners and adhere with Perma Tac around star.











Hot Cocoa Gift Set
GlueArts Designer: Tamara Tripodi


Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro handle w/ Extreme tac
Glue Arts U-Cut it foam
Glue Arts hot glue and glue gun
October Afternoon 'Holiday Style' papers, buttons, wrap pack, and stickers
May Arts red gingham ribbon 
Paper twine (dark brown)
Small wooden spoon (Joann's has a 3pk for $1.50)
Glass jar (about 6" tall)

Instructions:


Create a 6x8" box. I used an SVG files from SVGCUTS.com that is perfectly sized for this project. If you do not have access to SVG files...select a premade box or look on the web for box templates. I used the extreme tac to seal the box, this stuff really holds well and keeps those tabs down!

Once the box is made, you will add a ribbon the wraps around the top. 
I adhered this with Glue Arts hot glue!
Decorate the box with misc. 'Holiday Style' stickers. There are lots of cute stickers in the collection, so have fun with it! I used the Glue Arts U-Cut It foam on the snowflakes to make them pop!

Fill your jar with hot cocoa, marshmallows and candy kisses (or chocolate chips, etc.) Use Glue Arts hot glue to adhere ribbon around the lid. Top with the 'ho, ho, ho!' sticker.

Add a paper strip around the belly of the jar. Use extreme tac to adhere. Embellish with stickers, buttons and spoon. I hot glued the spoon to the jar to keep it in place.
For treats inside the box I dipped candy canes and large marshmallows in chocolate (Wilton candy melts) and added festive sprinkles! Send with a mug and give to a friend or family member.. teacher, etc.! Who doesn't love got cocoa and treats? Enjoy! 




We'd like to give you a bit of Holiday Style too! Along with our GlueArts products! Just post a comment today...we really do enjoy hearing from you...and we'll enter you to win a collection kit from October Afternoon's NEW Holiday Style along with a GlueArts Embellishment Kit!!! ( Includes (1) Roll Ribbon Adhesive, (1) Roll Extreme Adhesive Squares, (10) Sheets Vellum Adhesive, (1) Sheet U CUT IT Foam, (16) Squares Raisen's, and (300) Micro Adhesive Squares.) We'll select one random winner and post their name on Christmas Eve!! 


We also hope you'll stop by the October Afternoon blog for more ideas and ways to use both products all this week! 

Just a reminder about our Christmas Stock Up Sale!!! That's right!! Buy 3 PRO+ Cartridges and receive a FREE PRO Handle!!


Just visit the GlueArts website to shop and stock up for Christmas!!And do be sure to stop by tomorrow for more projects with GlueArts and October Afternoon's Holiday Style!

114 comments:

  1. Cute! Love all of the buttons, esp. that button star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! What amazing and beautiful projects today!!! LOVE all the step by step ideas!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, all the projects are so cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the canvas and button idea...cute. Enjoyed both projects today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the beautifully decorated jar...fun and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that button canvas and the decorations for the mason jar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cocoa gift set is adorable! What a fun canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! Love the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas! Great gift idea too! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome projects!! loving the pink colors! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute projects...love the button star. Merry Chritmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, these projects are absolutely fabulous. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so inspiring- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the Holiday Style set!! Your projects are so cute, I just started following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the hot cocoa gift set! So fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the projects! I especially like the button star...so addicted to buttons...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the abundance of buttons! I have a stockpile of them...so now I have ideas of how to use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love my Glue Glider!! Glue glider + Holiday Style = HOLIDAY GLIDER!!
    (Yes, I know, I need to get out more...hee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of today's projects are cute but I would like that star for my front door. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really great projects today. TFS. I just love all of the new OA. collection.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great projects, love the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely hot cocoa box and jar. The peppermint collection is really great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally cool stuff! I am blown away by that star, so cool, but I would not want to part with the buttons!! LOL!! Great baking packages, so cute and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am loving that holiday box and Jar, what a great party gift idea!! Awesome creatoins gals!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome projects. I would love to win.

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my goodness-that jar is just too cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The jar is sooo cute. What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, those are so cute. I would love to make those for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love buttons! Love your projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks again for another inspiration
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the pink glue glider it is so great best thing I bought this year, hope to win some more great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the star covered in buttons! I might have to make one as an ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all the projects! The jar is a fantastic idea and Holiday Style gives it the perfect handmade touch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all things Glue Arts and OA! These projects are great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have the glue glider and Holiday Style on my Christmas wish list! The projects are beautiful. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute gift set and that canvas is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the hot cocoa project. So cute. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  38. what terrific projects! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love everything today, the non traditional colors, the fact it can be a winter project, not just for the holidays. I especially love the fact you give us a step by step tutorial, those of us with a lot of
    gray matter can follow along. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the use of buttons and ribbon on these amazing creations. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love that button star!! Such great inspiration.

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful jar and gorgeous star made with buttons, so creative!! LOVE this line from October Afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Cool projects! TFS and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So cute! and great ideas, too!!!! TFS and for the chance to win some great things!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for all the great inspiration. I am definitely going to keep these projects in mind for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have been so impressed by the variety and quality of the projects shown. These are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the mason jar! So cute! Thanks for another chance to win! I'd really love to try glue arts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Martha Blackman-HughesDecember 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM

    Cute projects - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Fun projects. Can never use too many buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  50. both great ideas. LOVE the star, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What wonderful projects! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    Cheers,
    Jenny
    http://cookieadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. I REALLY LOVE your BLOG!! You ALWAYS have such AMAZING POSTS!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such pretty colors in this line, love what you did with it! Thanks for the chance to win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. You give such great instructions! Thanks so much for sharing awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Almost Christmas, but still time for these cute projects....thanks.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  56. LOVE all the buttons on the star, and what yummy treat containers!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great projects! I love the colors on this line!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love all of these projects! GlueArts and October Afternoon make a great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Very fun colors and projects--I like the button star.

    ReplyDelete
  60. You had me at button! Love the canvas art and the gift ideas are wonderful (maybe I can use them for next year's 20+ school staff gifts...) TFS and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  61. OHHH! Love these projects--I need to make some hot chocolate mix in a jar! CLEVER:) THANKS for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Super cute! Love the hot cocoa....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  63. These projects are simply yummy and warm my heart with Christmas cheer! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  64. thanks for another great opportunity, these inspiring projects are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great projects! Thanks for the wonderful chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the gift box filled with all of those goodies!! Yummy looking and a great gift item! I love getting all of the instructions for the projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Luv, luv, luv this line and all these fabulous projects! They are perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love the button canvas and the box is such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  69. the canvas project is so cool! i love the use of buttons! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love this blog! You always have such great ideas. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love October afternoon! These projects are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thanks for the GREAT gift ideas. Perfect timing just what I needed tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow supergift! Love it all! What a great idea with a cocoa jar. Thanks for all the inspiration! It would be soo great to try your products. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow super cutes all the projects!! Love this papers collection of October Afternoon!!! TFS! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Yummy projects today! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  76. What yummy treats and great decorating on the projects.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  77. Great use of buttons and stickers on a card. I also love that OA line!

    Jeannine H.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Great prize ! I'd love to win GlueArts anything, can't put a project together without the glue !

    ReplyDelete
  79. Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive squares are the best in the industry....would love to win some!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Got some great ideas for packaging the shortbread and chocolate bark I just made!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this canvas project! What an amazing idea! So adorable! And who doesn't love a chocolate gift? Thanks for sharing these fun projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Such a fabulous project here. I love the recycled things and they even look so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  83. The hot chocolate jar!! I need to make these for teacher gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Great projects and inspiration. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I wish I had time to make some of these great projects - ideas for next year! I love this October Afternoon line and would love to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Your blog always has the best projects! Love these. Love OA too. Great prize!

    ReplyDelete
  87. These are absolutely amazing!!!! The puffy paint for glittering the buttons is a great idea, and that box with the window is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Loooooove!! How creative...
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  89. Gorgeous, gorgeous projects. I love the OA line. Fun inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  90. LOVING that button star...such gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Awesome projects & gift ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  92. These are amazing- I was going to do cocoa as a gift- now seeing this, I am sorry that I changed my mind! and...love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Amazing stuff 2day guys! It's been such a bright & cheery week;) I luv Tamara's Hot Cocoa Gift Set~she always makes the cutest stuff! Loyal follower via GFC & on FB! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. October Afternoon has such a warm and welcoming design...love these!

    ReplyDelete
  95. This box is really amazing.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Funny idea, love the OA papers.

    ReplyDelete
  97. So cute, I have to find time to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Crafting the gift set yourself makes it so much cuter than any gift set you could buy - and affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  99. The projects are over the moon!

    ReplyDelete