Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Help Us Welcome We R Memory Keepers to the GlueArts Blog!


Happy Monday to you and hopefully everyone remembered to "fall back" this weekend!

We took advantage of the extra hour by packing up all the Halloween decoration, giving the house a good cleaning and bringing out the fall decorations.

There's something about the beautiful colors in the candles, pumpkins and leaves that just make you happy fall has arrived!

This week we think you'll agree that We R Memory Keepers and their Autumn Splendor collection, definitely DO contribute to that feeling!!



Thanksgiving Table Setting
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit


Supplies:




WeRMemoryKeepers Autumn Splendor Collection:

Designer Scrapbook Pad, Textured Cardstock Pad, Layered Chipboard Tags, Layered Chipboard Words, Paper Flower Kit



Kraft Outlet Raw Chipboard and Hang Tag String

7Gypsies Seam Binding
Stampin'Up Grosgrain Ribbon
Clearsnap Ink

1/8" hole punch


*note* edge all paper pieces with brown chalk ink.

1. To create the napkin rings, start by die cutting labels from textured cardstock. Cut smaller labels to nest inside from patterned paper. Adhere together using Glue Arts Perma Tac adhesive.


2. Layer the labels with chipboard embellishments. Add ribbon, string bows, and layered paper flowers for more feminine versions. Keep the decorations more simple for masculine versions.



3. Punch 1/8" holes in the sides of the labels. Bring grosgrain ribbon up through each hole, leaving a small allowance to hang over and enough ribbon in back to slip in a folded napkin.

*tip*
I threaded my ribbon through one end of the label and then slipped the napkin holder over my napkin before securing the other end of the ribbon. This will allow you to leave enough room without guess-work.

4. Thread buttons with hang tag string and adhere over the ribbon on each side of the napkin holders using Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares.

5. For the Thankful plaque, cut two pieces of 6" x 10" raw chipboard and two pieces of 6" x 10" textured cardstock. Adhere cardstock to the chipboard using Perma Tac adhesive.

6. Cut two pieces of 5" x 9" patterned paper. Adhere to the centers of the chipboard pieces.

7. Cut a 6" x 5" piece of contrasting patterned paper. Score in half along the 5" side.
8. Place the two chipboard pieces together, right sides facing out. Using the 1/8" hole punch, punch two holes at the top and secure the pieces together with brads.

9. Embellish the folded topper with scallops cut from the patterned paper. Adhere seam binding across the topper using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive. Embellish with chipboard leaves, a big bow, and another layered paper flower. Slide topper onto the chipboard base. You can secure it if you wish, or simply leave it loose for easy storage.

10. Cut the "Things I Am Thankful For" strip from the patterned paper. Cut it in half to fit and attach using Glue Arts U Cut It Foam Adhesive.

11. Print things you are thankful for onto texture cardstock and cut into banner strip. Attach to the bottom of the plaque using U Cut It Foam Adhesive. Add number stickers from the Designer Scrapbook Pad.


Thankful Banner
GlueArts Designer: Linda Albrecht

Supplies:
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun and sticks
We R Memory Keepers Autumn Splendor Scrapbook Paper Pad, Textured Cardstock, Embossibilities Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, Paper Flowers and brads
Twine
Sandpaper for distressing
small ribbon roses

Instructions:
1. Make paper pinwheels from textured cardstock by accordion folding 1x12" strips and 1.5x12" strips. Hot glue ends together then hot glue small paper circles to hold pinwheel shape in place.

 2. Adhere twine to the cakside of the pinwheels for the "Thankful" word. Apply more paper circles to cover the hot glue and hold in place.
 3. Adhere Cardstock letter sticker to the center of the pinwheels and add other desired embellishments to the flag banner pieces (cut 5 flag pieces.)
4. For flag banner, punch holes to string twine through and add 4 paper pinwheels in between each flag.
5. Add ribbon roses to the pinwheels for the flag banner piece and apply stickers as desired to each flag or layer flower pieces and add brads to centers.

We R Memory Keepers has generously provided their Autumn Splendor Scrapbook Pad collection for us to give away to you. It's filled with over 860 pieces! Paper, stickers, glittered papers, diecuts and more! And need we point out how beautiful the collection is?? Just take a peek back at what Linda and Audrey made for you today!


To enter to win simply post a comment today...let us know how you took advantage of the extra hour yesterday! We'll sweeten the deal by including our Glue Glider PRO Handle and our new PRO+ cartridge!

Just wait till you try is smooth gliding action and now the ability with a flip of the cartridge to now push your adhesive onto your project!

We'll pick one random winner next Monday to be the recipient of these prizes!! 

Be sure to bookmark our page and visit us all week long for more ideas and inspiration using GlueArts Adhesives and We R Memory Keepers Autumn Splendor collection!


90 comments:

  1. I spent my extra hour sleeping. :)

    Love the Autumn papers! Thanks for the great projects.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved having that extra hour--- i finished up a book I had been reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous collection and fun ideas. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous collection. I spent the extra hour sleeping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remembered to turn back my clocks and was rewarded with the beautiful projects on this blog. I love the napkin rings. I got in a good run to use up that extra hour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my most favorite collections this fall season and I have to tell you the new Glue Arts Runner looks amazing, I bet it is one of the slickest adhesives out there to use. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the time switch last week, and I used it to SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,these projects are gorgeous!!I love fall colours as well!!!In Europe the time change was last weekend,so didn't have any extra hour this one...Of course I spent that extra hour sleeping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that banner! I wish I could have slept that extra hour....but the kids haven't quite adjusted yet....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of these projects! I wish I could have slept using that extra hour, but instead I used it to comment on the holiday blog hop! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these papers. I spent my extra hour working on crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spent the extra hour catching up on sleep. The time change has sent me for a loop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how gorgeous is this paper line! I spent my extra hour scrapping!! Was with my dear friend at a fundraising crop all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I spent the hour changing all the clocks and making breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I slept in the extra hour because I was up too late the previous night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I spent the extra hour cuddling my grandson. Love the fall colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I spent the time shopping with my hubby. I love the napkin rings, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, some really fun ideas! I love the banner, been dying to try one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used my extra hour crafting and getting things together to take to Creating Keepsakes convention in Seattle. I can't wait to see all the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I watched an hour more of YouTube inspirational paper crafting videos, gearing up for the holidays! Loved that extra hour.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful projects, thank for sharing them and the chance to win. I spent the extra hour making Christmas albums for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful projects! Thank you for the chance to win. I spent the extra time organizing my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  24. An extra hour! Why crafting of course. Is there anything else!!!!! Have used and loved other Glue Arts products and hope to get the newest product! R&D keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We spent that extra hour getting some much needed outside work done at the house and on the land.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I spent my extra hour organizing my paper stash.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I spent it scrapbooking. What beautiful projects. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely projects!!! love the papers too... thanks for the chance to win! We used the extra hour to sleep in! hehe

    juli

    ReplyDelete
  29. great project today!!! TFS!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, these are some gorgeous creations. We spent our extra hour taking care of a sick child. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous projects! The napkin rings are so pretty! I just saw this collection recently and I know it's a must have! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the napkin holders and I see a project coming my way in the next week or two...wouldn't that be nice to win the lovely paper kit and some Glue Arts to seal it all together! Thanks so much for the chance to win . . . Oh I used my extra hour on some sleep : )

    ReplyDelete
  33. I used my extra hour to create a scrapbook layout for a contest. : ) Love your projects today. So fabulous! I especially love that Thankful banner. I have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are beautiful! As for 'falling back', I used my extra hour to catch up on some much needed sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Welcome to We R Memory Keepers! Love the Thanksgiving projects and the fall colors are very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wish I got an extra hour!! In Saskatchewan we do not push forward or backwards...our clocks stay the same all year long. Thanks for the chance to win a great prize!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great Autumn projects--my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a nice fall collection, love the papers. For the extra hour...Housework:((( Oh well, it got done:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a stunning colour palette!

    Christa
    http://dowhatyoulove-maxadriane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the autumn projects, beautiful colors and great creativity. Thank you for sharing, and the chance to win. I spent my extra hour sleeping lol Was nice to sleepin for once =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great projects! Really love that banner, totally cool!!
    Apparently I slept away my extra hour and I'm still tired, go figure. Guess that's what having a 2yr old who doesn't sleep thru the night will do to you.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the projects! Generous prize!! Wow!! I spent the hour thinking of scrapping but on the computer instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I swear that this is the most inspirational blog out there. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I used that hour to sleep. It had been a busy week and I was ready to catch up on my zzzzzzzzzzz's.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous projects!
    Our clocks actually went back last weekend ... and I spent it having a lovely lie in!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love todays projects !! I spent the extra hour finishing up the Handmade Holiday Blog Hop !!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the beautiful projects in my favorite autumn colors! I used the extra hour to finish a birthday card and gift for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  48. The colors are lovely. Great project.

    Tinalala
    tmjl22@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great projects, especially love the pretty colours and fab rosettes!!!

    Loving every step along the way of this Blog Hop - thank you for the inspiration and the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. ooops - got my days mixed up - I'm still hopping from the weekend!!!

    Love the pretty colours of the Autumn Splendor collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous projects ladies! I just love the colors of fall! Yesterday, I forgot to turn my clocks back and I was blog hopping happily along and somebody mentioned it and I was miffed at myself for forgetting. Then I realized I actually had an extra hour and did the happy dance :) I blog hopped for an extra hour and then went and cleaned my craft room, even got some crafting in - 15 stickpins for a swap I am in and a card! I was happy yesterday! This morning, not so happy :)

    Thanks for the chance to win this beautiful collection from WRMK - love them! and of course I am dying to try your new glider!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the new time!!! More time to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very iun projects, love focusing on being thankful~

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love We R Memory Keepers products! They always come out with amazing designs and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I spent the extra hour doing laundry and exploring the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I spent an extra hour scrapping :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Super cute projects for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow--beautiful projects! I really love the colors in this collection! Why, how else would you spend an extra hour!? Scrapping!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  59. I spent the extra hour doing the handmade holiday blog hop and didn't change the clocks until today. Then it felt like I gained an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wonderful projects! I used the extra hour to finish the BlogHop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I was away at a weekend crop so I got to spend an extra hour scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Ahh, crafting, sweet crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Actually woke up early, sneaked into my craft room and finally finished an album I have been slow in finalizing...

    ReplyDelete
  64. I actually spent my extra hour working on a craft project!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I woke up early and worked on a crochet project for a Christmas present. Wonderful Thanksgiving projects!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I took the time to read a book I'm really enjoying. (The Help).

    ReplyDelete
  67. Extra hour searching great blogs like this one for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I spent my extra hour scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I organized my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  70. ...and I forgot to say that I loved the napkin ring and I'm going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I spent the extra hour doing laundry and getting the house picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Gorgeous projects!! WRMK papers always makes such beautiful papers. Unfortunately even with the extra hour I was unable to sleep in like I intended because it was so bright outside. I instead spent my extra hour creating a list of gifts and projects I need to make for the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Spent my gained hour cleaning the shed--one of the yuckiest jobs ever. This blog is a nice escape! Love the soft colors and patterns in this collection. Really have to make that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  74. love that collection. and I spent my extra hour reading. finished my book it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Spent my extra hour sleeping, I've just changed from working days for the last 15 years to MIDNIGHTS! Ughhh.. Anyways, love these projects, especially the table setting pieces.. that is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Cute projects! Guess I slept the hour away.

    ReplyDelete
  77. So cute project! Love it! TFS! I'm spend a extra hour in slepping :p because in the day I make a many many things so I do that if I can sleep a little more in the day! Thanks and hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  78. we watched tv and played in the craft room, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  79. THANKS for shating!! =)
    I LOVE all of INSPIRATION!!
    THANKS again and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  80. I too got an extra hour of rest. Love that card and banner. Such fall fun! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I was going to spend it snoring away in my bed, but stayed up and updated my blog. I thought my extra hour was well spent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Those napkin rings are AMAZING! Great details--LOVE these projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  83. I used the extra hour to sleep in and catch up on my rest. I love the napkin rings and banner!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Beautiful banner.. love that.. should look more interesting with the fall colorz..

    ReplyDelete
  85. I used that extra hours to just relax...felt so good. LOVE the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I spent my extra hour sleeping. Gorgeous projects :) x

    ReplyDelete