Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bring On the Snow!!!

Ooops...

Did we really say that out loud?

It's a thought that has been echoed in our household as soon as the weather changed! Snow equals snow days, boots, hats and coats (which my kids love!) snow angels, snow fights and yes....Snowmen!

Designer Tamara Tripodi has hit one out of the snow fort with her amazing creation!!! The attention to detail is just...well...wonderful!






Once There Was a Snowmen
GlueArts Designer: Tamara Tripodi


GlueArts supply list:

Misc. supplies:
Echo Park Paper Co. 'Winter Park' paper and stickers
Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tools round button and small round shape
Dark brown paper twine
Fuzzy white yarn
Solid cardstock for snowman facial features
4x4" styrofoam square
Styrofoam balls
Wooden dowel rod
Dark teal crinkle ribbon
Misc. solid buttons
White gel pen to add 'catchlights' in the snowmans eyes
Tree diecut from loriwhitlock.com


Instructions:
Trim paper to fit styrofoam square and adhere with hot glue to all sides and top.
Adhere two styrofoam balls together. It helps to flatten the sides and adhere those 'flattened' areas together.
Start at the base of the snowman, and adhere yarn with hot glue by wrapping around the styrofoam balls all the way up to the top.


When you are done, create some buttons with Epiphany Crafts Shape tool and adhere to the snowman.. add facial features. I used my die cutter for different sized circles and hand cut the nose. Adhere with hot glue.

Push the dowel rod into the snowman, and secure with a dab of hot glue. Tie crinkle ribbon to the base. Stick this into the syrofoam block.

To create the top hat, I used some packaging foam and rolled it up and secured it closed with hot glue. The cut a circle for the top, and trim a strip to fit around the sides. Embellish as desired. To create the bottom of the hat, trim two pieces of paper and score every half inch and accordian fold. Adhere two strips together with Glue Glider Perma Tac. Hot glue this to the bottom of the hat, and then onto the snowmans head.

Embellish the square as desired. I used the super cute stickers from Echo Park Paper Co.'s 'Winter Park' kit. The tree was created with 3 tree die cuts folded in half and adhered to the corner with Glue Arts hot glue.

Use U cut-it foam to add dimension to the stickers.

Have fun with it! This is more 'wintery' but you can make this very Christmasy and fun! I plan to make another soon in a fun girlie Christmas version!


Are you shaking your heads at how adorable this project is? Think even making a Santa too! Or a set...girl and boy for a mantle piece!! 

We'd love to hear from you and what you're creating and crafting this holiday season! And what you thought of today's craft from Tamara!! 



We'll collect the comments over the next two weeks and pick one random winner to receive our PRO handle, new PRO+ Perma Tac cartridge, our Adhesive Squares and yes...our U Cut It Foam! The more you comment...the more chances you have to win!!

54 comments:

  1. Love it! super cute, and easier than crocheting, lol.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this snow man is just so so adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow cute and fun!!! What a cool project and it looks like so much fun to put together! TFS! rgauss at sbcglobal dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this snowman! I was delighted to see it wasn't crocheted, since I don't know how! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I need to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little top hat. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! What is NOT to LOVE? He is CUTE from top hat to bottom!! LOVE IT and thanks BUNCHES Tamara, for sharing how to make it!! Glue Arts is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh this is an amazing project!!! I have to collect some of these supplies and give this a try! Thanks for sharing,
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how easy the snowman is to make...gonna have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is absolutely adorable! I agree, bring on the snow. If it is going to get cold at least let me play in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This project definitely got an A for adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute snowman! Great idea!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute project and looks relatively easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! And it's so cute - I was just looking at Winter Park, thinking it would make some adorable decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT!!!! Inspires me to get to crafting some fab decor for this holiday season...I've already started some wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute. I love snowmen and this is some of my favorite winter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the cute snowman. I will be making some ornaments to hang on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE it! The snowman is so adorable! I'm working on a plastic canvas tissue box at the moment but I am also crocheting dish clothes and pot holders among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? that is a terrific prize package.
    Working on Christmas cards!
    Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the snowman, he is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so adorable! I even have some yarn that would be perfect for this - of course I don't have any of the other supplies, but that can be fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Luv Tamara's Snowman! Honestly, I luv everything she creates! Her style is amazing~it's whimsical & cute, colorful & bright, it's child-like, but doesn't look like it was made by a child~if that makes any sense~haha! Following via GFC & on FB! Thanx~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so adorable, great job Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOOOOOVE that snowman's hat!! I wish I had more time to create this season, but I think I'll be lucky to drag the tree out for the first time in 4 years! So crafting is on the back burner!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is the cutest snowman. I like the way you created a 'box' for him to stand in.

    ReplyDelete
  26. adorable snowman....just love it.
    Julie G.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just adorable! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the girly version. Thinking about crafting some of these for a family craft day - a much simpler version of course!

    - Brandi O

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now he takes the cake. His hat is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a GREAT idea!!!...I'm not ready for the snow though...

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fabulous project Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cute. It looks like real crochet. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it, Tamara! I am ready for snow, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, absolutely adorable!! I love snowmen and this one is put together so creatively. Love her work!! I wish we could get some snow but the most we will ever get where I live is a couple of inches. Guess I will have to just go and find some. :)
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  34. So cute and adorable snowman project!! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration!! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What an adorable snowman...I am making lots of cards but this post inspires me to think outside of the box! And I am curious what the new glue arts pro handle is all about too! Maybe I will win it! I love the current one that I use every day, the high tac is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG...this is adorable and would make a fantastic gift idea for teachers...thank you for the details and little tips included..those little things like flatten the sides always make a difference when you try and make things on your own! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the Holiday Poinsettia idea from Designer Audrey Pettit. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is very cute. Good idea for kids to help out.

    ReplyDelete