Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trick or Treat with Core-dinations& GlueArts

It's almost time to talk trick or treating!

And we're stopping by Designer Andrea Budjack's house for some treats!

Andrea has made a trick or treat basket that has been distressed and assembled using GlueArts PermaTac and Ribbon Adhesives! And Designer Jan Hennings has brought new life to an old window!! Talk about a great idea for reusing, repurposing and recycling!!

user posted image
user posted image
Halloween Treats Hanging Basket
GlueArts Designer: Andrea Budjack

Supplies:

Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Glue Arts Perma Tac
Glue Arts U-Cut It Foam
Coredinations - paper and sander
Scor-Pal
Creations by AR - template
October Afternoon - bingo card
Martha Stewart - punch
Sizzix - star die cut
Really Reasonable Ribbon - lace
Remember Me Emily - buttons
Papertrey Ink - stamps and label die cut
Craft Supply - green twine, rhinestones, crepe paper, ribbon

Instructions:1. Print out template onto Core'dinations paper. Cut out and score where indicated and sand edges.
user posted image
2. Sew on bingo card to front.
3. Punch border, thread with twine and mount onto front of hanging basket using Glue Arts U-Cut It Foam.
user posted image
user posted image
4. Apply Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive to back of front side and add a ruffle of crepe paper.
user posted image
5. Using Glue Arts Perma Tac, complete construction of basket.
user posted image
6. Punch holes where indicated and add ribbon.
7. Die cut star shapes from Core'dinations and stitch together. Sand lightly and mount using Glue Arts U-Cut It Foam. Add rhinestone to center.
8. Add lace trim using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive. Top with buttons.
9. Die cut and stamp labels. Add to front of basket.


user posted image
A Window to my Heart and Soul
GlueArts Designer: Jan Hennings


Supplies:Old window, plexi glass, Distress Cardstock (Core-dinations), Glue gun, melt sticks, U Cut It Foam (Glue Arts), beads, chipboard letters, Canvas Heart and Bottle Caps (Basically Bare), sanding block (making memories)Grunge board, Tattered Florals Die, Keyhole and Key (Tim Holtz), Black and Banana Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) Metal Brads (Graphic 45) Butterfly charm.

Instructions:

Step 1- Start with an old window.
user posted image
Step 2-Take a small piece of plexi glass and break it with a hammer.
user posted image
user posted image
Step 3 Using Tattered Florals Die, cut several flowers on black, light pink, hot pink and grungeboard.
user posted image
user posted image
Step 4 - Using a paint brush and water, dampen the flowers.
Step 5-Straighten the flowers, sand and add U Cut it Foam to layer.
user posted image
Step 6-Ink and mist flowers.
user posted image
Step 7-Using black floss, stitch around the canvas heart and tie a knot in the back.
user posted image
 Step 7-Hot glue "HE" to the canvas heart.
Step 8-Use string to make a "HEART" banner. Adhere to the top of window.
user posted image


user posted image
Step 9-Punch a small hole in the "&" sign and add dangling beads and a key.
user posted image
Step 10-Use string to make the "SOUL" banner. Adhere to the bottom right window.
user posted image

Step 11-Hot glue the broken plexi glass in place.
                                             Step 12-Arrange and hot glue the flowers in place.
user posted image
Step 13-Add large metal brads to the center of bottle caps and hot glue to the "HEART" banner ends.
user posted image
Step 14-Hot glue a butterfly to the right of the "SOUL" banner.





Have you tried Core-dinations Cardstock? They have endless color and cores! You can sand and distress to your heart's desire!! We'd like to give you a chance to try out their amazing cardstocks along with GlueArts adhesives! The two together are what really makes together projects come together! 

Simply post a comment here and we'll enter you to win the Core Impressions Jillibean pack along with the Core Impressions Basic Grey pack! (that 40 sheets of cardstock!!) Plus we're also including a Glue Glider Pro with our Perma Squares Cartridge and our Adhesive Squares! We'll select one random winner next Monday!


So tell us....are you a friend of Core-dinations on Facebook? We'd like to invite you to go Like them on Facebook and leave them a big friendly hello on their wall. Then post on our GlueArts Facebook wall you've gone and liked them. We'll enter you to win this fantastic Core-dinations Tim Holtz Distress paper pack!

We'll pick one winner to win this paper pack this Sunday, October 9th!


Speaking of winning..have you entered to win our new Glue Glider Pro Plus Cartridge? We're giving away 100 prizes through October 10th! How do you win? Simply visit our website and enter! It just takes on entry and you're done!

Are you a pushy person?!! You're going to love the new Pro Plus! Our new Pro Plus is unique in that with a flip of the cartridge you can push your adhesive out versus pull!

  


76 comments:

  1. These are great projects! I love the treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Core..but have not got my hands on them yet as our local retailers does not have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects this week! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE FRAME!!! Already a friend on Facebook! Thanks for the chance to win some AWESOME paper!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects! Love them. Already a friend on Core FB. Thanks for all the great giveaways!!!
    pattig161 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am already friends with Core-dinations on FB. Thanks for the chance to win some awesome paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, love those projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great projects for this time of year. love them!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great treat basket and love the window.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the inspiration! These are awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these are amazing projects... I love that treat bag so cute.. and that window frame soooo clever... Thanks for sharing...LOVE IT..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Already a fan on FB. Would love a pack to try! I know I ewill love it. Great price on there papers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects, that window is a wonderful and unique idea to repurpose something you might not think to use (except in a green house). Thank you for sharing, and a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the projects that you post!Thanks for sharing these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool projects! Thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to try the paper. I dont keep track of what I buy which is bad when I find paper I dont like. I love that treat bag too. Would be cute to so something like that for Valentines day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. creative projects today!!! I am already a fan of you both on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my....fantastic projects!!!!! Thank's for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute Halloween treat bag. That window is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! Both of these projects are spectacular...love a cute basket and that window idea- I could alter all the windows in my house now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm already a friend of Core on FB. I LOVE my Core'dinations.
    More great projects on your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That gift bag is fabulous, may have to make one for my Mother, as she is a BINGO fanatic! :) Hey wait I think I have some Core'dinations.....must locate it! And of course I do own a Pro Glue Glider--maybe time for an upgrade though! Thanks for the give aways!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome projects! I really love the window, fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. more great ideas! love that treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the great ideas that get posted. Particularly like the window today! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What fun! Those are some cool looking projects.

    ReplyDelete
  28. great projects again today thanks for the tutorials and the chance to win :)
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi! Beautiful projects! Love the trick bag, I want to try make one! TFS!! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW!! What a BEAUTIFUL treat bag!! I LOVE the ideas!! THANKS also for sharing the window piece!! I wouldn't have used the broken plexi because I am kind of afraid to take chances-but it looks really neat!! =)THANKS for sharing and for the chance to win.
    Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love these awesome projects!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What great projects, I just love the window, thank you so much for sharing it and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning projects! The banner is my favorite. I like Core-dinations on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the core'dinations papers. I'm waiting to get my hands on the kraft core papers. I can't wait. I'd really love to try your glue gun. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such great projects! Love Core'dinations and Glue Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love these projects, especially that frame! Thanks for sharing and also for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous projects! Love the treat basket, but it is not big enough for all the treats I want :) That window is gorgeous - never again will I pass up an old window in a junk pile!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great projects! I love the window!! I want to try it :)

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, what gorgeous projects. I love the trick or treat box. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both are great! The window is fantastic! I'd love to tell my friends, "I'm a winner!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  41. Really great projects. The window is so pretty and the treat bag is awesome. So much detail! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for the chance to win too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great projects, love the windo frame.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the projects this week also! Trick or Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I 'Liked' coordinations on Facebook. Love those papers

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love both of your wonderful projects. Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love core-dinations.Thank you so much for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love glue arts and Core-dinations. I had already liked them on Facebook thanks for the chance to win.
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Amazing projects Audrey, I love all your lovely special details.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow - stunning! I appreciate the detailed directions!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the projects thanks for sharing your instructions.
    I love Coredinations cardstock

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the projects today.... I am a friend to Core, would love to win some to try..... Love you products and loooove my Glue Glider Pro.....

    ReplyDelete
  52. That treat bag is so darn cute. The window is nice also. I like the combination of Glue Arts and Core'dinations. They have some great paper. Your new glue glider looks pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Awesome projects!!! I used the Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive for the first time today AH-MAZE-ING!! I love it!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOW - fabulous projects!!!

    I would love the chance to try Core'dinations Cardstock with Glue Arts adhesives - thank you for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Window = AMAZING! I will never pass by an old window on the side of the road without thinking to stop and snag it for home decor again!

    ReplyDelete
  56. What stunning projects!! I just love your treat bag with the bingo card and the stars. So creative!! Your window is gorgeous also. Thanks for showing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  57. What great projects! They look so easy to do since the instructions and photos are wonderful. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Really great projects today....Love them. Thank you for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great projects! I love Core'dinations -- they make the best cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Gorgeous projects! Love the Halloween look!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great projects again today! Such an inspirational week! Thanks for all the great tutorials too.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Great project! Already a FB fan!

    ReplyDelete
  63. what great projects, and yes, the girls are beautiful.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  64. your projects rock!!!
    loving everything I see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful projects ladies! Love the step by step instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love that treat bag. I'd be tickled it I received one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Fabulous Projects!! Thanks for the chance to win and try the paper out!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. The hanging treat bag is adorable all decked out with lace and all. Such a clever way to decorate an old window. Would love the opportunity to try Core'dinations paper and Glue Glider Pro that you can push and pull. Hmmm, ribbon adhesive is something else added to my wish list. Great inspiration using Core paper & GlueArts!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow! Both the hanging basket and the window are pretty darn incredible. How do your designers think of such lovely projects? Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Awesome basket and what a fab window project....thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete