Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Layouts Come Together Perfectly with Core-dinations & GlueArts!!

We'd like to know..

How many of you always begin a layout with a base of cardstock?

How many of you always use cardstock to matte your photos?

How many of you have ever sanded your cardstock?

Did you answer yes to any of those questions today?

Well do we have the projects for you! Both Designers Leslie Ashe and Audrey Pettit have designed beautiful layouts of some awfully pretty girls! Both have used cardstock not only as a background for their layouts but also as an embellishment! GlueArts Adhesives helps it all come together perfectly!!

user posted image
Today & Every Day 
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit

Glue Arts Supplies:
Glue Glider Pro with High Tac Adhesive
Ribbon Adhesive
Extreme Adhesive Squares
U Cut It Foam Adhesive
Core-dinations Basic Grey ColorCore Cardstock
Core-dinations Sand It Gadget

Other Supplies:
Lily Bee Designs Alpha Stickers
My Mind's Eye Lost And Found 2 Sunshine Chipboard Embellishment
My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Patterned Paper
American Crafts Remark Flowers
Webster's Pages Trims
Pink Paislee Rhinestone Chain
Foofala Buttons
vintage twine


user posted image

1. I like to scrap 8.5 x 11, so the first step is to cut a sheet of Marabelle ColorCore Cardstock to size, and sand the embossed design with the Sand It Gadget. If you prefer to scrap 12 x 12, simply sand the background paper, and you are ready to go.

2. Cut a strip of patterned paper that is approximately 6" high to span the center of the layout. Adhere with Glue Arts High Tac Adhesive. Add layered trims to the top and bottom seam using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive, and machine stitch in place.

3. Embellish with chipboard stickers and rhinestone chain. Create title from small alpha stickers. I did my title in two parts, with one part cut into a banner strip and popped up with Glue Arts U Cut It Foam Adhesive.

user posted image

4. Die cut or hand cut 3 large leaves from Mezzo ColorCore Cardstock and sand the embossed areas and edges with the Sand It Gadget. Adhere one leaf, along with a patterned paper banner strip, to the top left corner of the layout. Adhere the remaining two leaves using Glue Arts U Cut It Foam Adhesive, as shown.

user posted image

5. Adhere flowers, bow, and buttons to the leaves using Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares.


user posted image
How Did You Ever Get To Be So Pretty?
GlueArts Designer: Leslie Ashe

A little about my project:
my title is just a little song that's been passed along for YEARS to babies in our family. This is the newest babe in our family so she's donned the sweet song every time we see her...
I made the circles different sizes to represent the tune of this little song.
I'd sing it to you - but you'd rather me not...so let me just say that it's a sweet little song that makes babies smile big!

(I can't even tell you what tune it is...kinda a mix of a french childrens song called Alouette and another one, Frere Jacques.)


Glue Arts Supplies:
Glue Glider Pro w/Extreme Tac cartridge, 3D U Cut It Foam, Mini Extreme Adhesive Squares

Core'dinations Cardstocks: Essentials & Black Magic Collections, Sanding Block

Other: 
Circle Punches: EK Success & Marvy
Ribbon: Offray
Letters: Doodlebug Designs
Stamp: Jenni Bowlin
Ink: American Crafts
Pen: Zig (silver and black)
cardboard: misc....
Directions:
-sand Core'dinations slightly on entire 12 x 12 sheet-peel a sheet of cardboard in half to reveal the middle ripple core

-take a ribbon and wrap it around twice towards the left of your cardboard before tying it in a bow-glue it using a strong adhesive (Extreme Tac ROCKS!!!) towards bottom of page, leaving about 1.5" at bottom.-punch several different sized circles from different colors/patterns of cardstock

-use the sanding block to reveal the core of the cardstock-place your photo (I used an 8x10, just cut it down a bit to frame this sweet baby's face) towards right top of your layout. It will lie down on the cardboard, this is what you want. (use 3D foam for placement)

-punch smaller circles from some of the circles you punched above.-using the negatives from above circles 

- place under cardboard at bottom of pageand at top right, just under photo.
user posted image
-now start placing your different sized circles below the photo, onto the cardboard -do the same with the smaller size
user posted image
-and the same with the even smaller size (I used 3 different sized circles)-stamp a butterfly onto patterned paper-trim around the butterfly and place at top right of your layout.-take a strip of ribbon (about 6 ") and make a small knot at the left. then start slowly twisting and turning to make a knotted rose to add to the center of your butterfly. It's okay if you don't get it the first time, this one took me 3 tries to get it the way I wanted it.
user posted image
-using letter stickers, spell out "how did you ever get to be so pretty" around the photo, framing your subject's face-journal along bottom of layout.-add subject's name to side of photo-add a small flower to center of bow 
user posted image



We're having a blast this week sharing projects with you that use Core-dinations Cardstock and tools!

We'd like for YOU to be able to join in and make these projects and more! So we're giving away some of their outstanding Core Impression Cardstocks!


Simply post a comment here and we'll enter you to win the Core Impressions Jillibean pack along with the Core Impressions Basic Grey pack! (that 40 sheets of cardstock!!) Plus we're also including a Glue Glider Pro with our Perma Squares Cartridge and our Adhesive Squares! We'll select one random winner next Monday!


We also have another way for you to win! We'd like to invite you to go Like Core-dinations on their Facebook wall and leave them a big friendly hello on their wall. 


Then post on our GlueArts Facebook wall you've gone and liked them. 


We'll enter you to win this fantastic Core-dinations Tim Holtz Distress paper pack!





Have you heard the new about our new PRO+ Cartridge system? 

Our new PRO+ cartridges offer the same superior adhesive strength! PLUS+ Enhanced glideability! And best...uses the same GlueGlider PRO handle!!

Have you entered to win one before you can buy it?? 

We're excited to announce GlueGlider PRO+ MultiDirectional Flip Cartridges! That's right!

With just a flip of the wrist...you can go from pulling your adhesive to pushing! It's actually good to be pushy with the new PRO+! We'd like to invite you to enter to win! Simply click this link then follow the prompt to "Enter to Win"! It's just that simple! We're giving away 10 Glue Glider PRO handles and PRO+ cartridges each day through October 10th! It just takes one entry to win!! So what are you waiting for?!

64 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts! Especially love the circles on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy cinpot@msn.comOctober 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    omg so many chances tooo win, I love that card stock, omg its aweosme, great prize. The layouts are beautifully done, such inspiration, yummy!!!
    And of course I love Core-dinations FB wall, I think "Like" more crafty websites (LOVES is more my kinda word, lol) than I have friends. Takes me quite sometime everyday to filter through them all before I can start to craft, LOL! Ty for the chances to win, great papers and awesome glue are like hammer and nail, with out each other they don't work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow another eye catching project... These layouts are amazing.. I love all the detail...every detail is so neatly placed.... So awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In answer to your questions at the beginning of the blog...yes, yes, yes and yes! I was never so happy to see when core'dinations came out. It can make a layout or card look so different than with plain cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects are just awesome! I'm looking forward to giving them a go myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only time I start a LO with cardstock is when I'm using Core'dinations... They make great backgrounds! I love sanding them too and I always mat my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these two! I didn't used to, but almost always do now, start my layouts with a cardstock base :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post today! So much information, great LO and creativity! I read today's post twice I loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the creativity on this posting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these, thanks for all the inspiration....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photography is also wonderful in these layouts. Thank you for the opportunity to win these products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous lo's! Love that smile. And the texture on the leaves is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for all the chances to win and for the great inspiration.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both layouts, so cute and creative, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omgosh! I LOVE these layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whether I win or not, I have got to get my hands on some Core Impressions! My brain is spinning with scrapping ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layouts! I can't wait to get my hands on some of this paper! And YES to the questions, lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab layouts! I have liked their FB book page under the ae Emma Zajac :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these projects. The first layout is gorgeous with the patterned paper, and lace. The sanded background and leaves are beautiful, and so out the color choices. The second layout is beautifully done. I love the texture from the torn cardboard, and all the punched circles sanded to show the patterns. Great colors too. Thank you so much for sharing them, and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - love these inspiring works! Thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  22. both of these layouts are so very pretty but I must say, wow on making circles look so awesome. I really like how that turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the layouts I love to use the Coordinates when working with cards , you can distess them after embossing and they turn out awesome everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  24. super cute projects this week!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful layouts!!! Such great detail!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful layouts!! Love both! TFS! And as all the papers love it too!! Thanks and Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute! Particularly love the chevrons and the embossed leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great layout ideas!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love how you used this yummy paper! I think I am addicted to this paper!
    I have a package I have been using, can't show it yet -it is for an assignment.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ijust LOVE sanded card stock! Great layouts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The layouts are amazing I love the sanded look, thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loving these layouts! So adorable! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win some fantastic goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What great layouts. I always use cardstock on my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such Beautiful Layouts, I love all the details and diecuts.

    Sharon
    rsmobley85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are stunning! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such wonderful projects!! I would LOVE to win some more Core-dinations!!
    Mindi
    wickedmtchic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great layouts--I like the sanded cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  38. your blog is totally rocking the give away opportunity!!!!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed I win--and my toes too
    thanks so much
    and I totally love that layout with the little one in it and the core paper sanded!!!!!!! it rocks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great layouts. Thanks for sharing.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the layouts and the texture added by the core'dinations cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I do always start with Cardstock and mat my photos with Cardstock too. Coordinations offers so many more possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I use so much card stock my pages are heavy. I start with a base of card stock and mat most everything with card stock. ;o) Love the layouts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I LOVE ALL of the different choices that you can get with just one sheet of Core`dinations cardstock!! NO OTHER cardstock has that capablity, which is why I buy NOTHING ELSE!! =) I LOVE all of the ways that it can be altered and again using just ONE SHEET!! =) THANKS for sharing I LOVED all of the INSPIRATION!!
    Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Adorable projects! Love Coredinations cs!!! Thanks for the chance 2 win :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Coordination CS is the best! Thanks for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee Audrey's leaves and her photo too!! And Leslie's lo is PRECIOUS! I loveeeeeeee her photo and all the circles! AMAZING lo's ladies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fantastic layouts! Gorgeous!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  48. The answers to your questions are: yes, yes, yes, yes. :)

    Love how the leaves look when lightly sanded to show the "veins".

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovin all the cirlce punchouts!
    tfs
    and thanks 4the chance 2 win

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thanks for all the great ideas this week. I've really enjoyed seeing the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lots of good info today! Would love to alter my cardstock for background to my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What great layouts! Thanks you so much for the chance to win such wonderful prizes! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love embossed and sanded cardstock, I also ink it. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gorgeous layouts about these pretty girls! I use cardstock as a base on pretty much every layout I do, but the only cardstock I've ever sanded is Core'dinations, because it just takes the paper up another notch! Great textures here - thanks so much for sharing these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Such amazing layouts and with only cardstock. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  56. What lovely layouts!! I love the look of the embossed and distressed Core'dinations cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Absolutely love the amazing texture of the Core'dinations paper! And with Glue Arts to put them all together, you can't miss, right?!

    ReplyDelete