Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cast a Spell on a Spooky Snake Wreath with GlueArts!

user posted image

Halloween Wreath
GlueArts Designer: Lisa Day

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Glue Arts U-Cut It Foam
DCWV Midnight Spell
Wreath
Snakes
Black Spray Paint

Step 1: Begin by spray painting the wreath and the snakes black. Then hot glue on the snakes to the wreath. I wrapped them around lightly and glued onto the part of the wreath that was the thickest.

user posted image

Step 2: Make your rosettes. I cut strips of various sizes and scored them using the ScorePal. For the thicker pieces I scored at .5" and then glued two pieces together. For anything under 2" in width I scored at .25" and only used one strip.

user posted image

Step 3: Glue your ends together. I used hot glue since the DCWV paper is a little bit heavier.

user posted image

Step 4: Flatten your rosette and hot glue on a circle to the back to hold it flat.

user posted image

Step 5: Decorate the front of your rosette. I used some U-Cut It Foam to add dimension to some of the details.

user posted image

Step 6: Hot Glue all of your rosettes together. I cut strips of scrap paper and hot glued them to the back of the circles to connect them together.

user posted image

Step 7: Hot glue them to the front of your wreath!

user posted image

Step 8: Hang somewhere and enjoy!


We loved Lisa's snake wreath! Consider sticking a few snakes around the outside of your door or use our GlueArts Accent It All Blackout Vinyl and cut some more to scare off your trick or treaters!

We'd like to help you have a scary Halloween by offering you the NEW Die Cuts With a View Midnight Spell Paper Stack! 

Midnight Spell Paper Stack with Glitter/Foil
Spooky, silly, serious, and fun! All these and more are sentiments just waiting to be discovered, lurking behind the cover adorning the front of this stack. The elaborate chandeliers sparkling amidst a dark room, ravens lying in wait, and silly jack-o-lanterns will be a must-have for all of your paper crafting projects. This stack is dressed in a color palette of amber orange, android green, midnight black, and Byzantium purple.


Stack of printed paper includes 48 sheets, 24 with foil or glitter accents. Plus we're including our Glue Glider PRO Handle and our NEW PRO+ Cartridge in Perma Tac along with our Extreme Adhesive Squares. Which we know you're going to need with all those spiders!lol Simply post a comment and we'll enter you to win! We'll announce one random winner Monday, October 17th here on the blog! Be sure to stop by tomorrow for more tricks and treats!

55 comments:

  1. I love wreaths and home decor projects and this one is a good one. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this paper pack and all the fabulous projects from this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool wreath!
    I absolutey love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this wreath! This is definitely going on my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out adorable! I would not be able to look at the snakes everyday on my door...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a very unrational fear of snakes but this wreath was so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is super cute. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool wreath...awesome how you added that snake... Spooky...

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first glance--I loved this wreath--I thought, 'What a great idea for medallions/rosettes." But then I kept reading/scrolling down....THERE'S A SNAKE on this wreath! I do not like snakes--but I have to admit that this wreath is SUPER clever! Great idea for those who are not afraid of snakes:) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wreath, the rosettes, but not the snakes (I'm afraid of them, even the fake ones).

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOHH I love these Rosettes! and the fake snake! too scary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate snakes but this is a very cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the rosettes! No thank you to the snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love making the rosettes! They are so easy and really add a lot to your project. This is a cute wreath. Not sure I would use snakes....but I hate snakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snakes are a simple idea for H decos. Love those rosettes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe what a cool creepy idea this wreath is. I don't know though if I could make it without freaking out!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Creepy cool, great halloween wreath. Thanks for sharing it and a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cool and scary, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! I'm in LUV with this fun, scary and awesome wreath! Thank you SO much for the inspiration - and for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great and eerie wreath. My grandson would love this with the snakes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great and eerie wreath. My grandson would love this with the snakes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this wreath! It is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I may be the only woman in the US who likes snakes. This is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome Wreath however, I would probably put something other than a s~n~a~k~e on it. Don't like snakes either. My Daughter would love it (snake and all).

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wasn't sure about the snakes...but they look really cool on the wreath. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely LOVE the wreath!! The snakes are such a spooky cool addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love making wreaths for all of the holidays! This is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those snakes are kinda creepy but the wreath turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cool but creepy. I hate snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the wreath. Thanks for sharing.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the snakes on the wreath!! What a fantastic idea for Halloween! It is so creepy it gave me the chills. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a cool idea... I will be looking around in my boys toys for things I can spray paint and add to my wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Definitely spooky with those snakes! My mom used to actually have a wreath on her door and some snake made a home in there.. really freaked us out because no one wanted to have to go past him and into the door!!! Love the rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great Idea Maybe leave one of the snake loose hanging down to scare more people.Love DCWV

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super cool. Love the cool rosettes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. love the rosette...add charm to the wreath

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for this great idea for christmas!! Love it!! I'm going to try make one like that!! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. lol I have a friend that would freak if she seen that wreath. She'd never come to my door again. She's afraid of picstures of snakes that just might do her in.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ummm, snakes -- NO!!! Love everything else about the project though -- LOL!!! Would love to have a Midnight Spell cast upon me (in the form of paper, that is)!

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow how spooky I love the rossetts thanks for sharing and for the chance to win the snake is cool on the wreath abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for the opportunity to win this fantastic prize, would absolutely love that paper stack and the new glider pro woohooo, can imagine how many gorgeous rosettes i could make and love the wreath but will certainly PASS on the snake..LOL..thanks for sharing this with us all..have a fantastic week..hugs andria

    ReplyDelete
  42. Cool wreath - love the layered rosettes!!!

    Thank you for the chance to win such a fabulous prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Genius idea! thank you so much for sharing! I will be shopping for snakes today! I can hardly believe it! eww!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  44. Snakes, rats and mice.......Eek!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the snakes. It never occured to me touse snakes at Halloween. Please keep posting your great projects. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, all the projects are really cute and awesome!! My favs. are the Boo Frame, the Altered Wood Coffin Treat Box, and the Halloween Door Hanger! I'm so glad I found Glue Arts :)

    ReplyDelete