Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just Be With Pebbles & GlueArts

Just Be!

Good philosophy for life don't you think?!

Today's projects are a fun mix of perpetual calendars,a mini book from Designer Grace Tolman about trips to the Zoo and we loved the framed piece by Designer Jan Hennings that reminds us to "Just Be"!




Just Be Frame
GlueArts Designer: Jan Hennings
Pin It

Supplies: 

GlueArts Glue Gun, Melt Sticks 
GlueArts Glue Glider Pro Perma Tac
Pebbles Happy Go Lucky Paper & Embellishment Collection
8"x8" frame from Hobby Lobby


Step 1-Remove the back from the frame.
user posted image
Step 2-Use Splendid to cover the back board of the frame.
user posted image
Step 3-Cut stems from Thrilled paper.
user posted image
Step 4-Adhere stems with Perma Tac.
user posted image
Step 5-Decorate as desired.
user posted image
Step 6-Using Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun and Melt Sticks, glue the back in place.
user posted image







LA Zoo Mini Book
GlueArts Designer: Grace Tolman


I found this old CD holder at the thrift store last week for 49 cents and couldn’t resist making it as my foundation for this mini. The Happy Go Lucky collection from Pebbles with it’s fun bright and happy designs made this project super easy to put together. 
user posted image
user posted image
Pin It

Supplies:
Glue Arts Perma Tac
Glue Arts U Cut it Foam
Glue Arts Extreme Square
Glue Arts Mini Squares
Cardstock- The Paper Studio
Pattern papers, stickers and embellishments- Happy Go Lucky, Pebbles
Border punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Black pen- Millenium, Zig
Recycled CD container

Instructions:
1. Gather your supplies
2. Measure the inside of your box and cut out cardstocks to fit the measurement. This will be the pages for your mini. 

user posted image

3. Cut out pattern papers that is ¼” smaller than the cardstock blocks and adhere them to the kraft cardstock with perma tac. 
user posted image
user posted image

4. Make the holes for the papers to go in the binder. I used some eye balling technique here but you can always measure for more precise holes. 
user posted image
user posted image

5. Next, I measured the inside covers of the CD container, cut out some pattern paper to cover that part and then adhered them with some extreme
squares. The container has very glossy texture and I wanted to make sure that the papers adhere well. 

user posted image

6. Then, I worked on filling my mini pages with pictures and embellishments. I used some mini squares adhesive to add some pom pom trim. 
user posted image

7. After that, I worked on the front of the mini, cutting papers to match my box measurements and adhering them with a combination of extreme squares and perma tac adhesives. 
user posted image
user posted image

8. Then, using the Pebbles sticker sheets, I worked on the title block. To make the letters pop out better, I added some pen lines around the edges of the letters. 
user posted image

9. Next, I cut out some strips of light colored pattern paper, added my handwritten words to them and then adhered them to the mini pages with mini squares adhesives. 
user posted image

10. I used the same paper as I did in the front for my back cover. Added some handwritten signature and finished if off with a layered flower. 
user posted image

11. After studying my book, I decided to add some pen stitching to the edges of the front cover for a more finished look. 
user posted image






Happy September 1st to you! Hard to believe the summer is almost over (although you would not know it by the temperature today!) and that fall is right around the corner!





Share with us if you will what makes YOU happy? Clear day, trip to the mall, lunch out with a friend, kids returning home from school with no homework, date with your sweetie...for leaving us a comment today we'll enter you to a generous prize package (see yesterday's post!) from Pebbles filled with Happy Go Lucky products. Along with our Glue Glider Pro, Perma Tac Cartridge, our Adhesive Squares and our Ribbon Adhesive! Now that's IS something to BE HAPPY about! Don't you agree?  







We'll select one random winner on Monday! 


Be sure to stop by the Pebbles blog for more fun! 


Tune back in tomorrow for this project from Designer Jenny Chesnick!


Thanks for being a GlueArts fan! Remember you can always find all your favorite GlueArts products at our online store! 

53 comments:

  1. Today I was walking outside doing my chores and thought to myself, I love this weather. Not too hot and humid, and not too cold. Just right. The world is green, flowers blooms, vegs in the garden. Birds singing. Sun shining!
    Cheerful projects. Love the idea of recycling the cd case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects! Love the rickrack stems in the frame! I'm looking forward to cooler weather and my 4yr old going back to school. :) I know it sounds horrible but he needs to be back on a regular schedule, playing with other kids and we BOTH need a time away from each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for always sharing such great projects!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! I am happy that it is almost fall!! My family and I love going to the pumpkin patch, playing outside in the leaves, walks through the woods...all these fun things we do together every fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mini album...I am really into those lately. I am happy when my guy comes home...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when my 14 month old son says" love you mommy". It always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An all day shopping trip to a far away outlet mall, by myself, without a schedule ;) that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! What makes me happy is seeing my husband come home from work and is so happy to see me and our puppy! Also love sitting in the sun with a margarita in hand :)

    cherie.goyer at gmail.com
    http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking a weekend roadtrip around the area with my husband & our collie to a scenic spot. Then we unpack our supplies; he has his watercolors & I have my card crafting/embellishments tote. We spend a few hours enjoying the scenery and our hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. both projects are great...love them both...need to go check out what I can find for projects...thrift store, here I come...lol. What makes me happy? Being outside, in the mountains, on a warm day with a slight breeze either reading or working out project ideas in my project journal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my heavens.. what cute projects.. I just love them.. what makes me happy is #1 my family.. :) thanks for the chance to win..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What would make me happy right now would be a much cooler day and low humidity! I am a walker and usually walk in the mornings but I have only completed this one morning so far this week. I am ready and will be happy with FALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving these fabulous projects. What great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the little things that make me happy; walking the dog on a beautiful day, spending time with my kids and hubby, finding time to scrapbook, cuddling with my kitty...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the projects -- these little bits of daily inspiration truly make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous goodies! Thanks for the tutorials!!

    A hot cup of tea first thing in the morning makes me happy!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these projects! SO CUTE!

    There are a lot of things that make me happy: kids giggling, a hot bath without interruptions, mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Diet Dr. Pepper...just to name a few! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super fun projects! I love when I complete things from my to do list! Then I don't feel guilty doing fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My nieces and nephews make me happy, no matter how ill I am!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. A day with no work ahead of me + family time + great weather = my happy place! This summer was full of days like that - it was a good one.
    Thanks for sharing these projects - Jan's frame is lovely, and WTG Grace for reusing the CD container in such a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Going on our vacation to Oregon in 8 days! My poor hubby has been working like a dog, and needs a break!!!!! sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm looking forward to my husband coming home from his business trip. Love the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm happy when I scrap! Haha! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooohhh....I have that CD holder-thanks for the tips!

    actually, just having a Starbucks makes me happy-it's a fun treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's my wedding anniversary today and my husband always makes me happy. He's the best and I am SUCH a lucky girl to be married to him! :)

    Great projects gals!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My grandchildren make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These projects make me happy! Love those ric rac flower stems. Will have to dig mine out and have some fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My family makes me happy!
    Another set of great projects! That paper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simple things make me happy, home movie night with my sweetie, a clear, crisp Fall day, an unexpected complement...

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW! Great projects shared today!! LOVE it all!

    As for what makes me happy--my husband! He always knows how to cheer me up! LOVE HIM! Thanks so much for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another WOW! What a great idea with the CD-Holder - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gotta love that mini album. Never saw a CD container like that with binder rings...cool!

    Watching my 2 year old enjoying life makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Right now what's making me happy is we have our power back! Hurricane Irene is gone. YAY Now for the clean up. Thank you for the chance to brighten my day if I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What makes me happy is cooler temps and hugs from my grandkids! Cute projects. Thanks for sharing and a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What makes me happy is being able to stay home with my kids and enjoy each and every day with them!!
    What cute projects!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. My happy kids, husband and Doggie! seeing them happy makes me happy! healthy happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Absolutely GREAT projects! I'm happiest when I have a good solid block of QUIET creating time.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such happy colors...I love flower gardening and looking forward to much cooler weather and hoping the hurricanes do not bring us more destruction.

    Awesome projects!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for sharing with us

    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE LOVE LOVE the altered projects!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the projects thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love that frame! I'll be looking out for thos cd covers ;) what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I adore these projects & the Pebbles products! I've never tried them but am dying 2 now! Now, what makes me happy is some alone time w/ the hubby~I love my 2 sons w/ all my heart & soul, but we don't get alot of alone time! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot comI adore these projects & the Pebbles products! I've never tried them but am dying 2 now! Now, what makes me happy is some alone time w/ the hubby~I love my 2 sons w/ all my heart & soul, but we don't get alot of alone time! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOw, that little home decor frame is awesome and I am just loving all the cheery projects using the Pebbles collection!
    What makes me happy is getting some playtime with all my scrappy tools and suppllies!

    ReplyDelete
  44. When my family is happy, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The picture frame is cute and I really like the idea of making a mini out of the cd case! I' ve got to try that:) very inspiring! What makes me happy is when my daughter comes to visit with me:)!!!

    ~ Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  46. What makes me happy is being with my husband and laughing together about something till the tears roll down our cheeks!

    Great idea to repurpose the CD holder. Makes me want to run down to the thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I finally managed to get the kids room painted!! WOOHOO! Soo happy!
    I love the recycled Cd case! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great project! this line is so fun! thanks for sharing =)
    what makes me happy is seeing my kids happy! they are 3 and 4, thankfully they've grasped the concept of sharing =)

    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  49. That mini is ingenious but I LOVE the Just Be Frame.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I LOVE the projects that you have posted. I love the cd case project that you did great way to recycle. I would love to do the cd project with my granddaughters. Thanks for the chance to win:)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love that frame project! So easy and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. So fun.....I love color...truly a mood setter and brings happy everyday! Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete