Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Die Cuts With a View & GlueArts Week

That's right!

It's a brand new week and we're happy to announce a brand new sponsor for our team.

DCWV or Die Cuts With a View is well known for their themed paper stacks with something truly for everyone!!

All this week our Glue Girls will be sharing ideas using one of DCWV new paper stacks...Lemon Flower!

The Lemon Flower Stack is an amazing assortment of lemony yellow, green and black with glittered paper designs of stripes, dots, damasks..in fact 48 sheets of premium printed sheets are at your fingertips!

Today Designer Jenny Chesnick celebrates friends...and her love of the color yellow! {have to say...it's an awfully sweet picture of Jenny and me...the Glue Girl!}


 Fab Friends
GlueArts Designer: Jenny Chesnick 
Pin It

Products Used:

Glue Glider Pro - Perma Tac
Mini Extreme Squares
DCVW Lemon Flower Stack
Silhouette SD
Vellum by Bazzill
Twine by American Crafts
Punch by Ek Success
Alphabet Stickers by My Minds Eye
Flowers (resin & soft) by Websters Pages

My favorite color is Yellow! I do believe the powers that be remembered this when they sent me this AWESOME collection to work with. There are so many patterns and embossed and glittered pages to be had. 

 I loved so many of the patterns I wanted to incorporate them in a not so over whelming way. So I cut thin strips of patterns to line the sides of the layout. One of my new favorite embellishments is butterflies punched from vellum. They are a stand out without out taking away from the pretty patterns of the paper.
I finished off my layout with a bundle of flowers tied with twine and a nice bright title cut with my Silhouette. I added some journaling from my trip and my meet-up with my Fab Friend. 








So how would you like a chance to win the DCWV Lemon Flower Stack? Just leave us a comment today! Or tell us about who is your fab friend? We'll pick one random winner next Monday who will win the 12 by 12 Lemon Flower Stack along with our Glue Glider Pro, Perma Squares refill and our Extreme Adhesive Squares.


And speaking of winners...it's Monday and that means time to announce last week's winner of the GlueArts Embellishment Kit! That winner is:





 Amy E said...







I always love coming here to see all the Designer's projects! And you guys just might talk me in to Pinterest after all!!

Congrats to you Amy! Please email me at Gluegirl@gluearts.com with your info!! And we hope you will join Pinterest!
Speaking of...last week we issues a challenge and we hope you'll join in!


GlueArts Challenge


We invite you to join in this challenge to find inspiring photos and images and turn those into projects, crafts and more? 


Simply select a photo of your choice, or use this photo we found on Pinterest. Then create a project...card, layout, home decor piece...it's up to you. Then email that to (Gluegirl@gluearts.com) with the Subject Line: Pinterest Project by Saturday, September 24th. Be sure to include the photo that inspired you or link to the online source, a few images of your project and your supply list.{it's always nice to see GlueArts products used.} 

The Glue Girls Designers will vote on their favorite project and one winner will receive a Glue Glider Pro, 2 refills of their choice along with our Embellishment Kit!



We hope you'll join in! Do stop by tomorrow for more ideas with DCWV and their Lemon Flower Stack! We'll see you then!



49 comments:

  1. lovely layout! My fab friend at the moment is my internet services where I sit and browse crafty blog for 8 hours daily...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous Layout and I love the paper so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! Lemon Flower is my FAVe DCWV paper pack evah! IN fact, the last TWO projects I posted were made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this DCWV stack! My fab friend is Patti. We were best friends through high school and college, and grew apart for some reason. 20 years later, we recently reconnected through FB and I am loving getting to know her again! It's like we were never apart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration! My fab friend is Barb who has been there for me for 30+ years-even when she lived in Arizona and I lived in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fab friend is my husband! I love DCWV! thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page!! I love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fab scrapbooking friend is Kay but my BESTEST fab friend is my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all that yellow, green and black together. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the lemon color, my bff is Sylvia she encourages me every day and is my best friend ever. Thanks for the chance to win and sharing the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the Lemon Flower stack and of course I love my Glue glider. My fab friend is my daughter Becky. We craft together and I would love to share this prize with her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow is my absolute favorite color too!! This would be a great stack to create with. I get to scrapbook with my fab friend Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a pretty page! I love yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The layout is wonderful, and the paper stack is beautiful. What great color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good to see DCWV spotlighted.. Their papers are gorgeous and I think people underestimate their quality and yummyness ;) My fab bestie is Celeste Littrell, and even though we are 2500 miles apart now, she will always be my best bud, and like a sister to me :) Luv ya P-Nut!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this paper stack. The papers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, such lemony goodness, makes me want to make lemon squares!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ilove the DCWV Lemon pack paper stack. Greens and yellows are my favorite colors. My Fab best friend is my husband Mike. We've been togetherfor almost 30 yrs. and everyday together gets better.He is such a wonderful person to be with and to know. Thanks for the chance to win:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous paper stack ! Love the yummy greens and yellows ! Thanks for a chance to win !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a beautiful layout! DCWV is one of my favorite paper companies and since I don't yet have the Lemon Flower stack nor a Glue Glider pro, it would be great to win it! (My birthday is Wednesday - what an awesome gift this would make!) Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yellow is so cheerful--great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohhhh super cute! how fun! love the colors!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay I won!! Thank you guys SO much!

    I have been intrigued by the Lamon Flower stack but haven't purchased it yet. The layout is beautiful!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great layout. Thanks for sharing another fun week with another fun company. thanks for a chance to win. jeannett_mcgee@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Lemon Flower Stack. I recently lost my fab friend to lung cancer, and she never smoked! Her youngest child is only 2 1/2 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the colors!!! My best friend is my husband and I'll use to scrap some pictures of the 2 of us In Paris. Thanks for the opportunity to enter!!!
    best regards,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the project ideas! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love there paper they come out with so many so fast i can't keep up lol. My sister if my best friend she has been at my chemo treatments with me onces 4 years ago and have it again and she sits right next to me for months.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those papers, great colors! Love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this stack from DCWV. Just starting to collect a few of them. Thanks for a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  31. One of my fave DCWV stacks!! I love lime green and black!! My fab friend is my Susie, thru thick and thin we just can't seem to get rid of each other LOL That's a very good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this paper!!! Great project too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OHHHH! What a beautiful LO! I am a fan of yellow as well--but my ultimate fav color is green:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have not yet seen a DCWV stack that I didn't absolutely love! Thanks for the chance to win this :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. My favoriye color is yellow, also. I recently reconnected with a friend I grew up with, via FB. We were best friends all thru grade school and high school then we lost touch for many many years. Now that we are friends again, its like we were never apart. We both had two children each and here is the strange part....we both named our boys the same names...both of them !!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fab combo! Glue Arts is a fab match for DCWV!!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  37. have two fab friends that I lunch with frequently and I seriously need to take pics of us on one of those outings.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi!! Great layout TFS!! And loveeee this collections papers!!! Just beautiful!!! My fav friend is my husband , and I love him very much!!! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is a great pic! Love the papers, and the layout is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the layout and the way you made use of a lot of open space, with those strips of color along the sides!!
    My best friend is my cousin!! Even though we don't see each other often enough...she's like a sister to me!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I look forward to each day's project! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  42. LOVE DCWV & Glue Arts (and my friend, Jill)!

    ReplyDelete
  43. The lemon flower stack is a nice one and the combination of the two companies means lot's of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  44. My Fab Friend is my MOM. We love getting together to Craft and Create!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This stack is so amazingly gorgeous! It is so hard to find really nice yellow papers. I can't wait to get this one!

    ReplyDelete