Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Paper Smooches & GlueArts for Gift Tags & Bags!

This is it!

It's our final day to share our Paper Smooches and GlueArts projects with you!

And believe us...it's one amazing of a finale! (if we may say so myself!)

First though...a sincere thank you to Kim Hughes and her team at Paper Smooches! If you have not had time this week to visit the Paper Smooches blog, we highly recommend you do! Thank you to Kim for her sponsoring ship of our GlueArts Glue Girls team! 

And speaking of Glue Girls...wait till you see what Designer Lisa Day and Grace Tolman have for you today!

Grace hand stamped and made her own gift bag! Love this idea...and you could take it one step further and make a matching card or tag too! What about a hand stamped paper bow!

Lisa has two of the most  beautiful gift tags truly we have seen! Love the soft colors, layered elements and the sweet, hand-stamped sentiments!     

Paper Smooches Gift Tags
GlueArts Designer: Lisa Day

Supplies:

Glue Arts U-Cut It Foam
Glue Arts Raisen's
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro - Extreme Tac Adhesive
Paper Smooches Stamps
Pins - Maya Roads and Jillibean Soup
Paper - The Girls Paperie and Cosmo Cricket
Butterfly Tags - Chatterbox
Tag

Step 1 - Cut a 1" strip paper and adhere to the bottom of your tag using Extreme Tac Adhesive

user posted image

Step 2 - Cut out a piece of background paper and adhere it crooked on your tag overlapping the paper on the bottom, using Extreme Tac adhesive.

user posted image

Step 3 - Cut a 1/2" strip of paper, pleat it and then adhere with Extreme Tac it bottom of your card overlapping the cut out paper and the bottom piece of paper.

user posted image

Step 4 - Add some U-Cut it foam to the back of a butterfly tag and then adhere it to the middle of your background.

user posted image

Step 5 - Stick a pin into the U-Cut It foam ad the top.

user posted image

Step 6 - Stamp your sentiment. Cut it out like a banner. Add a strip of Extreme Tac adhesive and then space out some raisens to give it a wavy look.

user posted image

Step 7 - Adhere towards the bottom of the butterfly tag.

user posted image







Hello Friend Gift Bag
GlueArts Designer: Grace Tolman

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro - Perma Tac
Glue Arts U Cut it Foam
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Glue Arts Extreme Squares
Pattern papers- (blue dot) Making Memories; (others) Pink Paislee
Stamp- Paper Smooches
Flowers- Prima
Bling- Bo Bunny
Ribbon- Source Unknown
Border punch- Fiskars
Bag- Craft Store

Instructions:
user posted image
1. Gather your supplies

user posted image
2. Measure your paper bag and cut the pattern papers according to size.

user posted image
3. Lay the papers on the front of the bag and round the corners on the two edges of the end papers and adhere the papers to the bag with Perma tac.

user posted image
4. Using the back solid side of the blue dot paper, punch out a leaf border on both edges.

user posted image
5. Adhere the grosgrain ribbon to the middle of the leaf paper strip using ribbon adhesive.

user posted image
6. Adhere the strip to the bag using extreme squares.

user posted image
7. Stamp out flowers onto the same pattern papers used to cover the front of the bag. Cut out the images.

user posted image
8. Adhere most of the flower cut outs with extreme squares. For the ones left out, using some U Cut it foam adhesive to add them to the bag. This will give your bag dimension.

user posted image
9. Using the extreme square adhesive, connect the layered flowers to each other.

user posted image
10. Stamp out a small circle onto white cardstock.

user posted image
11. Stamp the sentiment title onto white cardstock as well. Let it dry.

user posted image
12. Cut out the circle stamped image and adhere to the center of the flower with foam adhesive. Add a bling to the middle. Then transfer the flower to the bag.

user posted image
13. Use some more foam adhesive to add the stamped title to the bag.

user posted image
14. Add a ribbon to one of the handle edge. 




Today is our final day with Paper Smooches! We hope you have enjoyed the week and learned a tip or two!


Paper Smooches has kindly offered to one lucky fan the stamp set of their choice! 


And to help you make some of these fantastic projects you've seen shared this week on our GlueArts Blog as well as the Paper Smooches Blog..GlueArts has a prize for you too!

Simply post a comment today...let us know what was your favorite project this week, or stamp set and we'll enter you to win the Paper Smooches stamp set along with our Glue Glider Pro and Extreme Adhesive Squares. We'll pick one random winner on Monday!

Last before we go...here's a sneak peek of what is coming up next week...it's one of YOUR favorite companies!!

Any guesses???!! 

65 comments:

  1. I think my favorite project from this week is the gift bag in today's (Saturday's) post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - those tags are divine...I LOVE the layers!!

    Grace - your gift bag is so PRETTY! I love how you popped up the flowers for added dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww your gift bag is sooooooo happy! I want one! I love the tags too and the pin idea is awesome... thanks for the great tip! =)
    My Favorite is the gift bag! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift tags and bag today. I think my favorite project this week was the stamped friend frame-I like how the flowers were made.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Amazing stuff today!

    And, there's no way I could pick a favorite...everything this week was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been a fun week! Thanks for all the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these are amazing!! I love both creations.. what a fun idea for the bag.. My favorite creation.. has to be the snowman frame.. :) adorable.

    I don't know what company is coming up.. but the project looks AMAZING!!! :)
    Thanks so much for the chance to win.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card! I dont know whats up for next week, but I LOVE the paper!
    looks fun!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bag and tags today! Every project this week made by the design team have been awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back-to-School Teacher's Gift Tag was my favorite. I am getting ready for my daughter to go to 2nd Grade and I love all the school designs. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So hard to pick a favorite. Today I liked the 3D flowers that are stamped on the same paper as the background. In general, I like the snowmen back at the beginning of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the gift bag... Definitely have to use the idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite stamp set is probably the veggie one. It's so darned cute, and can be used in many ways. I love these tags because they look hand made. Sometimes people make crafts look so slick that they lack character. Thanks for the chance to win great prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous projects and cards all week. I love the tags and gift bag from today's post. Thanks for a chance to win great products. jeannett_mcgee@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great porjects today!
    My fave this week was the framed snowmen - too too too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the tags from today's post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those tags are gorgeous! Tough choice, but I think my absolute favourite is Andrea's Batty for You tag. And she used my favourite stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a teacher.. I think I have to choose the Back to School Teacher's Gift Tag as my favourite this week.

    I know that next weeks sponsor is Echo Park.. I recognize the Splash line.. I've got a bunch of it.. so I'll be looking for some inspiration next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really loved the Snowman frame, so I have to say it is my favorite project from the past week. I love the gift tags from today too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite Paper Smooches stamp set is Falling for You and Chubby Chums, just to name a couple. I have more, but the list would go on and on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning projects! I love the bright colors on the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for a fab week of collab. with Paper Smooches! I've truely been inspired by these awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tags - I love it to making tags.. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the gift bag............I would definitely put that to good use!

    kellybrown28021 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved all the projects this week because BOTH companies ROCK!!! I guess my favorite set from PS that I don't have already would be the one with all the sayings on it. I adore greeting stamps so that is definitely on my wishlist, but the one that is a prize is next on that list since I don't have it either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I REALLY liked the Snowman Shadowbox Frame!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow...I can't even begin to pick a favorite project from this week. They've all be fabulous! I'm definitely going to try the gift bags shown today though...awesomeness!!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear it's too hard to pick a favourite since they have all been wonderful!
    Looks like Echo Park is in our future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love Paper Smooches.. I just recently discovered them and i am loving there stamp sets. I love the tags...so awesome.. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I too have to many favorites, all the projects were divine! And Kim's stamps are all way too fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. OHHH! I just love Paper Smooches--and I LOVE these projects today! I have loved all projects and esp. that bat card by Andrea:)
    Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another cute project, what a week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have loved all the projects this week from Paper Smooches as they are my favorite stamp (I just got one of their sets and seriously NEED more). If I have to choose I would say my favorite was Lesley Langdon's apple card....LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really thought the b-day cards for kids on yesterday's post were darling. What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the gift bag! I can see using that same format for Christmas giving this year! Thanks for sharing all your ideas with us! And thanks for the chance to win as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another wonderful project! I have a hard time choosing my favorite from the week.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really love the tag's in today's post, but, all the projects have been fabulous!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the tags and the gift bag. I have enjoyed all the ideas this week. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So cute!! Oh goodness, my favorite stamp set is probably Falling for You!! I really, really want that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the card and can't wait to see what you do with the Echo Park line!

    Charlene
    http://www.thehenhousenm.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Favorite project of the week has to be the amazing butterfly tags. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I think I liked the snowman shadow box the best. I love the idea of stamping on patterned paper and then fussy cutting to combine patterns like in the bug or simply layering on top of the same patterned paper like on the gift bag. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  43. My favorite was the snowman shadow box. Lots of inspiration this week. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love that gift bag in today's post...All those flowers gave it such great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The Gift bag is my favorite because I love making gift bags.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a cute gift giving set...love the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Those tags are wonderful, and the snowman shadow box was very impressive...geez, pick a favorite? I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really like the gift bag. The tags are wonderful too.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have to day that the gift tags on todays post are my favorites. I need some raisen's!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have loved ALL of the projects this week but the Gift Bag is just adorable! Sometimes I don't think about "other" things to make. Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  51. The gift bag certainly rocks....how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  52. The gift tags from today have been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the tags from this week. They are really versatile. I ADORE that animal birthday set!!! SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great projects this week! My favorite is the gift bag! Too cute! And as for my favorite Paper Smooches stamp set? Why, ALL of them!! LOL! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  55. My favorite project this week was the snowmen frame. My favorite stamps would have to be the Snowdudes or the ones with the bat - so cute. I love my Glue Glider Pro. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this week...

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the bag and tag combo! Now I have another project that I can do with my scraps. Thanks for a great week of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  57. loved the tag and bag. so cute. I guess its pink paislee? and a card made by Dani Flanders?

    ReplyDelete
  58. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  59. loved the tag and bag. so cute. I guess its pink paislee? and a card made by Dani Flanders?

    ReplyDelete
  60. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  61. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I enjoyed all the projects this week and plan to make several of them. my fave smooches stamp set is Hang ups.

    ReplyDelete
  63. The gift bags are great, I've done that before and they are so special. My favorite PS stamps are still the Spiffy Scooters and the Boob Tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  64. my fave from the week is the halloween stamps and projects

    ReplyDelete