Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

GlueArts U Cut It Adhesive is Sweet, Sweet, Sweet



Yes, what could be sweeter than watermelon, and carefree summer days, and crafting the hours away with GlueArts adhesives?
Take our fabulous U Cut It Foam Adhesive, for example. This amazing stuff can be cut, die cut, stacked, glittered, foiled, colored, you name it! It's amazing. We would go so far as to say, well.............

It's totally sweet!

Today Designer Lisa Day has a sweet card to share, perfect for celebrating summer and friendship and U Cut It Foam.





Miss You Card
GlueArts Designer: Lisa Day

Supplies:
Glue Arts PermaTac Adhesive and Applicator
Glue Arts U-Cut it Foam
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Fiskars 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" Circle Punch
Ribbon
Pink Paislee Hometown Summer Collection

Step 1 - Don't overlook the packaging that comes with paper packs! I love the small patterns for punching out shapes! Punch out some 1 1/2" and some 1 3/8" circles from Pink Paislee packaging.




Step 2 - Glue down the 1 1/2" circles using some PermaTac adhesive. Add a rubber embellishment in the spot of one of the circles.


Step 3 - Add some U-Cut it Foam to the back of the 1 3/8" circles and adhere them to the center of the other paper circles.



Step 4 - Cut out a strip of ruler paper and adhere it to the side of the card. Then using some Ribbon Adhesive layer a strip of ribbon. I love the ribbon adhesive for adhering thin ribbon. Works perfectly!


Step 5 - Cut out the "hometown summer" banner and adhere it to the card using some U-Cut it Foam. Add some rub-ons and a sentiment to your card.


The addition of some U-Cut it Foam to a simple card really makes the card pop!!




Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by last week and left us a comment about the projects! We feel truly blessed to have such a talented team of Glue Girls to share projects with you every week!


Our winner for last week's U Cut It Foam and 3D Combo Pack, along with our Extreme Adhesive Squares is:

ida said...

U Cut It Foam opens up a whole new "dimension" to card making and paper crafting. I want to make flowers, snowflakes, jack o'lanters and more. The use of foam will make creating shadows and depth so much easier. Thanks for the chance to win this great giveawy...my fingers are crossed, my die cut machines are ready and i am inspired!!

August 6, 2011 8:08 PM

Congrats Ida! Thanks for the comment and please email us at Gluegirl@gluearts.com!





So how would you like to try our GlueArts U Cut It Foam?

Simply post a comment here on our blog and we'll enter you to win our Embellishment Kit filled with our Roll Ribbon Adhesive, Roll Extreme Adhesive Squares, Vellum Adhesive, U CUT IT Foam, Squares Raisen's, and Micro Adhesive Squares. We'll pick on random winner next Monday to enjoy the goodies!

We'll see you back here tomorrow with more projects, ideas and of course....GlueArts adhesives!



34 comments:

  1. I like the dimension the foam makes on this card. Great idea to use the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card! Love that Pink Paislee collection too :) To win this package of awesome adhesives would make my month! Take care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and it always add the perfect amount of dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, What a great package of adhesives. I would love to win. Thanks for the chance. jeannett_mcgee@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the projects that Lisa Day comes up with - today's is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the colors and the way the pieces pop right off the page!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Ida!! Love the watermellon paper!! To cute!
    kacee
    youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I am loving the cool circles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making my own embellishments. Love the ones on this card. Thanks for the fun giveaway..

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking forward to trying the foam and the ribbon adhesive.
    always use my glue glider pro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how product packaging is used in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try your assortment. So far the raisens are my fave.

    thanks!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this card, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZA!! What a MACK DADDY Prize Package this is!! =) I'd sing from the top of our Grain elevator if I were to win!! =) (from Nebraska)
    I would like to make some shadow boxes on cards for the holidays, beings it will be here before we know it!! I also think it would be fun to do a quit of sorts using papers and fabrics and getting creative with all of the die cutting shapes that were just released at summer CHA!! THANKS AGAIN for the AWESOME GIVEAWAY!! Have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)
    P.S. CONGRATS to IDA!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love dimensional cards and this one is covered with it!

    I love your adhesives (my Glue Glider Pro never leaves my side)! Adding the other lines to my scrap table would make my adhesive collection complete and my projects with take on a new "dimension" :0)

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card and great use of packaging. loved the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to last weeks winner! Love this card thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card...and love how the foam backs the whole shape!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This stuff is cool. I love popping up my projects. Very cute project tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the foam...it adds so much dimension to your projects. I like to use lots of layers, so I would even double the foam to make things higher if my project called for it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The dimension that the U-Cut it Foam gives the card makes all the difference. I would so like to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice card - love the 3D-effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the tip about the packaging too. I'd love to win an embellishment kit and give some of these items a try!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the 3D effect. Would love these adhesives! Thanks for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love anything that pops up I have never tried or seen U cut it but would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fun change from doing everything in paper. Makes the card special.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OHHH! I was just thinking last night that I needed to get some U Cut It foam! It would have been PERFECT for those little pieces I used on my project! Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats Ida! What a cute card.

    ReplyDelete