Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

GlueArts & Paper Smooches....Rock!! (well we do!)

Combine a fun stamp company with our outstanding line up of adhesives and yes..it's DOES rock!

Proof in the pudding...today's projects!

Designer Ania Lexander has the perfect idea. While making one card...why not replicate it and make several more out. Supplies are out, your feeling creative...so make a few more to keep on hand for future birthday's, thank you notes and more! Ania chose the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler along with our GlueArts U Cut It Foam.


Designer Leslie Ashe has a beautiful card that comes to life with embossed stamping! Our Glue Glider Pro with High Tac assures Leslie her elements will stay where she wants them to!


Celebrate 
GlueArts Designer: Leslie Ashe

Glue Arts Supplies
Glue Glider Pro with High Tac cartridge, 3D U Cut It Foam

Other: 
stamp: Paper Smooches
cardstock: Core'dinations (Jenni Bowlin)
patterned paper: Teresa Collins, October Afternoon
ribbon: Offray
paint: Adirondack
ink: VersaMark (resist)
embossing powder: American Crafts
crystals: Queen & CO.
border punch: Martha Stewart

Directions:

-trim cardstock 6" x 10", fold and score
-sand cardstock to get desired undertones visible.
-paint lightly over entire front of card, let dry
-while that's drying, stamp a strip of patterned paper with your stamp, then sprinkle embossing powder & using a heating gun, let the embossed image emerge.



user posted image

-cut banner flag from patterned paper then use that flag to trace on other patterned paper, so you can have 3 flags.
-cut strip of patterned paper 2" x 6" and adhere to bottom of card, leaving a 1" gap
-tie ribbon around strip
-adhere 2 polka dotted flags under ribbons
-adhere 'happy birthday' flag in center, using GlueArts 3D U Cut It Foam.
user posted image

-add stamp embossed sentiment just above using 2 strips of 3D U Cut It Foam
user posted image

-punch a 12 inch strip of border on the opposite side of Core'dinations cardstock,cut in half and punch a decorative border.
-cut strip in half and tuck one UNDER the card cover, tuck the other under patterned paper strip.
-add rhinestones on banner flags
-distress edge of card all the way around
user posted image









Quick bday-cards for the kids!
GlueArts Designer: Ania Lexander

My kid is a true son of mine; he can forget that he's gotten a birthday invitation and walk up to me and, hand me an invitation and say "oh by the way, I'm attending XX's birthday in 30 minutes". I've often hurried fixing a quick card & racing to the toy store to find a proper gift before the start of the party...so while I prefer to create each card with a recipient in mind, I realize I need to prepare a few backup-cards for these cases. These stamp-sentiments from Paper Smooches are perfect for such generic cards!

Glue Art Supplies:
Glue Glider Pro - Permatac, U Cut It Foam

Other:
Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler
Pink Paislee


user posted image
Gather some smaller and larger scraps. For such cards, it's not important that they're huge (my kid normally only writes the short sentiment "happy birthday, love XX" in his cards), so it's a great way to use them in my opinion.

user posted image
Cut all the pieces and adhere with permatac.

user posted image
I like to add stitches to the pieces, but it's a personal choice.

user posted image
I'm no stamper, so I needed a few tries to get it right. Once I did, I daresay I rocked these stamps! You can see how stamp #3 finally came out all crisp and bold and great! (I made sure to give several extra pushes to the whole sentiment with my fingers/thumb. I have no idea if this is the right or wrong way to do this - I just know it worked for me smile.gif )

user posted image
Use U Cut It Foam to make these simple, small cards more fun smile.gif

Voila - four new and pretty quick bday-cards for these occasions when you need one real quick!


We'd love for you to post a comment and let us know are you a stamper? What kinds of stamps are your favorites? Holiday, sentiment...acrylic, wood? For posting a comment today we'll enter you to win our Glue Glider Pro and our must have Extreme Adhesive Squares. PLUS!!


Paper Smooches is offering a stamp set of the winners choice as well! Simply post a comment and we'll select a random winner on Monday!


And how about an extra entry into the drawing? Simply post the Paper Smooches logo and our GlueArts logo on your blog or website or link us to where you share the logos and post a second comment here letting us know you've done so!




Last for today, we'd like invite you to stop by the Paper Smooches Facebook pageand let them know GlueArts has sent you. Be sure to "Like" them since we do and you post a comment on their wall for a chance to win! Don't wait too long as they're going to pick a winner today!. So do stop by and say a big GlueArts Hello!

Tomorrow is our final day with Paper Smooches and here's a sneak peek of what we have in store!

We'll see you right back here tomorrow! Have a great day!

60 comments:

  1. What a fabulous collection of cards! Yes, I am a stamper and I love all kinds of stamps for the many different occasions in life. I like both clear and rubber stamps. Plus I am part of a church card ministry and we make lots of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of crafting there. Those cards are adorable! I love the embossing. I actually just flocked stamp last night. :). Thanks for sharing all these great tips...I need to make 34 ATCs!!!
    CUTE stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few stamps but I have trouble with the ink being smudged alot so they dont really look as professional as these do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you layered the embellishments. Cute for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just starting to stamp..the sentiments are my favorite...no coloring involved. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a stamper. I use my stamps mostly on cards though I am learning to use them on my layouts too. Sometimes it's time to step out of my box right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards- what fantastic layers! I defintely have stamps. I started out using Stampin' Up but I've definitely started to branch out over the past year or so. They've still got great stuff but so do so many other companies like Paper Smooches- SO cute! I use them primarily on cards though occasionally I'll use them on my scrap pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute projects!! I love ALL kinds of stamps!! That Paper Smooches set is on my wish list though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I;m a stamper
    and I'm not picky--
    I like them all
    wood muounted,clear, clings, etc
    seasonal, aphas, sentimets, --all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful cards! YES, I am a stamper =) I love fun and cute stamps! Thanks for a chance to win =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute cards! No, I'm not a stamper, even though I try sometimes. I do more Cricut stuff than anything else.

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a "stamper", but I stamp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute ideas here! Thanks for the chance to WIN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute cards!

    I love using dimensional dots/adhesive to add interest to my cards. I love *any* kind of stamps but I especially love cute ones just like Paper Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorites to use are acrylic stamps, although I must admit I am a terrible stamper it takes me lots of attempts to get it right! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, fabulous projects!
    I love clear stamps, and cutsie or fun designs ... so Paper Smooches are top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. PS Added your logos to the sidebar on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. OHHH! Super fun! I love these fast and fabulous cards! I am def. a stamper--I love Paper Smooches images and Sweet Stamp Shop images!!! Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am addicted to stamps - haven't met a stamp I didn't like. Though I'll say I'm partial to word stamps - wood or clear doesn't matter. I've loved these posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a stamper BIG TIME! I love stamps that are different--sassy, cutesy, funky, kooky.....at different times I like wood, cling, clear...it depends on the stamp sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some of the cutest cards I've ever seen! Love the monster stamps too!
    maclayburn@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning projects! My favorite kind of stamps are acrylic. I love general stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. these cards are sooooo cute! Love them! Thanks for the inspiration! I am a stamper and I'll get any kind of stamps inky, but my faves are clear since they're so easy to position. I usually favor the cutesy style stamps, but I try to dabble in it all. I don't discriminate! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love my sentiments stamps, but also like decorative borders and stamps i can use to make background designs. thanks for the fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a stamper.. I am addicted to stamps.. I love holiday and everyday stamps.. Acrylic are my favorite.. :)
    I have to tell you your tutorials/projects are amazing.. I just love the colors...
    thanks for the chance to win.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes I am a stamper, and a happy stamper at that! I love cute and fun stamps, like cute critters.

    Thanks for a chance to win!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes I am a stamper and I do love wood mount. Shirley NW

    ReplyDelete
  29. YES!!! I am a stamper and my favorite type of stamp is unmounted rubber. Nothing like rubber to give a nice crisp image...and I like the space saving properties of unmounted stamps. My fave style is vintage or artsy, but I also love cute animal stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards! I love the Paper Smooches fonts. Thanks for the chance to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW more great cards today. I love Paper Smooches and Glue Arts. Together they make a good pair. Thanks for a chance to win. jeannett_mcgee@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all of the cards, they look fantastic! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm a stamper who used to swear by wood mounted and now prefer clear. Great post today.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Here is a link to my blog, have posted both logos on the righ side! =)
    http://ellispysselochdittadatt.blogspot.com/
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a stamper but only for the last year or so. I find the clear stamps so much easier to use than rubber stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yes, I'm a stamper. I'm not too picky if it's a wood block or acrylic. :) I like cutesy, punny, or realistic designs. I'm not too keen on "artsy, fartsy" designs.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What wonderful cards! I am a stamper and I like to try all kinds of stamps. I'm not a stamp snob. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I LOVE those easy cards...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yes, I am a stamper and cardmaker. (Sounds like a 12 step program announcement, doesn't it? LOL) I love all things that have to do with both. I am actually quite the collector of stamps (probably several thousands if truth be told). :D Thanks for a chance to win, too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the cards, Im not a very good stamper, that is why I have to use the clear ones!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  41. What fun cards today!!! I am a stamper who used to use wood mounted, but now prefer clear. I love that clear ones make it so easy to place your image where you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I use both acrylic and wood stamps. My fave are the sentiments to complete the card. Thanks for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Are you kidding? I {puffy heart} stamps! Wood or acrylic just not anything real cutesy.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have a ton of stamps but I haven't used them much lately. I have both kinds but my favorite are the rubber stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wahoo...fantastic giveaway! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Posted both badges on my blog too! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks for showcasing the high tac glue glider - I didn't know you carried this, and thanks for the chance to win!

    Carmen L

    cal8007 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Leslie - WOW - what a gorgeous card!! LOVE the heat embossed sentiment :)

    Ania - what SUPER CUTE cards you made :) They would make a wonderful gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What fun projects! I love any kind of stamps, just give me some paper and a stamp pad and I'll make it happen!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Just getting into the stamping world and love seeing all the inspiration out there.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love how the writing is on these stamps. I am so going to have to check out there site...thanks for the chance to win..

    Btw..awesome projects...very talented

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the tags! I am a tag kind of lady!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am a stamper and I prefer acrylic stamps so that I can see exactly where I am stamping! Nature elements are my favourite stamps. Love today's colour combos.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I've posted your logos to my blog: http://kimgourlay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete