Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Perfectly Suited Marriage!


GlueArts and Crate Paper

Brides and Grooms

Annivesary and Love

Chocolates and Roses!!!


All week long we're partnering up with Crate Paper and their elegant, black and cream wedding collection...Portrait! Add in GlueArts adhesives and it truly IS a perfect marriage!


Today we have a gorgeous card that you too can make and give by Designer Kristen Swain. And Audrey Pettit made the sweetest rose bouquet using yes....Hershey's Kisses!! 



 Best Wishes Wedding Card
Designed by: Kristen Swain
Kristen and her husband Chris will celebrate their 16th Wedding Anniversary this year!

Supplies:

Paper/Stickers/Fabric Brad- Crate Paper Portrait Collection
Adhesive- Glue Arts UCutit Foam, Perma Tac, and Adhesive Squares
twine
stamp- Inkadinkado
Ink- Stazon
Ribbon- www.ets.com/shop/scrapinkris
punch- Eksuccess
scissors- Provo Craft cloud
pearls- Kaisercraft

1. Cut card o 5x7 inches, then adhere black paper to card using Perma Tac.
2. Punch a strip of the black striped paper with scallop punch and adhere across card with Perma Tac.

3. Trim 4x5 block of red paper at corners with deco scissors, adhere with Perma Tac to card.

4. Cut calendar from paper, adhere to card using UCutIt foam.
5. Add ribbon, punchout flowers and brad to card, then fussy cut out small flower, use Adhesive Squares to adhere to card.
6. Finish card by stamping on wedding cake sticker, then using UCutIt foam to adhere wedding cake to card front, also adding man and woman rounds with UCutIt foam, then detail with pearls.


Hershey Kiss Rose Favor Centerpiece 
Designed by: Audrey Pettit


Glue Arts Supplies:
Glue Glider Pro with High Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts Glue Gun with Glue Gun Sticks
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares



Crate Paper Portrait Collection Kit
Patterned Papers, Die Cuts, Cardstock Stickers



Webster's Pages Trim
Tulle and Hemp
Round Unfinished Wooden Box
Bamboo Skewers
Red Cello Wrap
Florist Foam
Florist Tape
Florist Wire
Reindeer Moss



Chocolate and flowers, a winning combination at any wedding celebration!

To create the rose favors, start by placing two Hershey kisses back to back with the pointed ends out.
Cut a square of red cello large enough to cover both kisses. Wrap it over the chocolates and twist together the ends at the bottom.
Insert a bamboo skewer into the twisted red cello ends. I put the flat end of the skewer up into the chocolate and left the pointed end down. Starting at the top, wrap green florist tape around the entire skewer.
To create the leaves, punch or die cut leaves from patterned paper. You will need two leaf punches for each leaf, and I used two finished leaves for each favor. Cut 3 inch lengths of florist wire for the center of the leaves.
Using the Glue Arts Glue Gun, apply a small bead of glue to the center of a leaf. Press the florist wire into the glue. Apply another small bead of glue to a second leaf and adhere it on top.
Repeat this process until you have enough leaves for your centerpiece.
Using more florist tape to hide the wires, attach leaves to the wrapped bamboo skewers.
Now repeat the process for each favor.
Cover the unfinished wooden box with patterned paper using the Glue Glider Pro with High Tac Adhesive. Wrap the top with a scalloped cardstock border sticker, a ruffled strip of patterned paper, and trim using the Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive. The super sticky tack of the Ribbon Adhesive worked perfectly for applying the heavy ruffled trim, too.

Using the Glue Arts Glue Gun, adhere a scalloped cardstock sticker to the center of the box. Embellish with buttons attached with Extreme Adhesive Squares, a layered bow, and a final die cut flower.

Fill the box with florist foam and poke the pointed rose favors into the foam. Cover the top of the foam with reindeer moss.

Enjoy!


To help you celebrate your wedding or a future bride's special day we have just the ticket!


Leave us a comment today and we'll enter you to win the beautiful Crate Paper Portrait Paper Kit 
along with these brads!

 And that's not all...we're also going to include our Glue Glider Pro with YOUR choice of cartridge along with our Extreme Adhesive Squares!!

We'll select a random winner next Monday and post that winner's name here on the blog!!

So how long have you been married? Or are you getting married? Have someone whom you admire who has been married for a while? We'd love to hear!!

Last please be sure to visit the beautiful Crate Paper blog for more lovely ideas and inspiration for using the Portrait collection! Their wedding week was last week and it was truly beautiful! Truly!! 


42 comments:

  1. love love love the kisses made into roses! So cute!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! And I love Crate Paper! :) I happily celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago! :) Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stuff!! And I love Kristen's card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! That card is gorgeous! And so are those hersey kisses roses!! I will be married for 8 years in July to my best friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...love kristens card..so cute. Love her idea on the rose. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis year my husband and I will celebrate 15 YEARS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful ideas! These projects are all truly beautiful! My husband and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the Crate Paper line and the great projects! My hubby and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been married for almost 5 years and still happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just celebrated our 38th anniversary last week! As usual, great projects. This Crate paper is awesome. Sure would love to play with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic pair and great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such creative projects!!!! I've been married 18 years this year. My oldest daughter got married last month :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! I have been married for 15 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and love the roses! I have been married almost 32 years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today is my 36th wedding anniversary! Love the card and those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THE Kiss Roses! What a great gift idea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful projects! Love the Roses, I'll be celbrating 20 years in October!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and flower pot! I love your projects and Crate Paper products.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful projects! I love the Hershey Kisses roses. I hope someday to meet that special someone, but for now, I just admire other people's weddings. I'm looking forward to my neighbor's wedding in August. It's sure to be elegant and fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. More great projects!
    I have been married for 37 years.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun ideas!!! I've been married for 2.5 years and couldn't imagine being happier. He's the best man I have ever met... and he picked me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our 27th wedding (and 30 years together!) anniversary is coming up on the 21st. YIKES. I love the chocolate flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will be married 33 years next month and am enjoying this weeks focus on weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you ask my husband, he says it's been 8 years, but it's really been 9 1/2 and I really want to plan something special for our next anniversary, even if it's just a "date night in"

    ReplyDelete
  25. I will have been married for 4 years in August. Great ideas. Love the hershey kisses roses.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the chocolate roses! So would my husband! He is a chocohalic!
    I will be celebrating our 7th Anniversary in October with my King and our 2 Princesses' Would love to win the Portrait collection to scrapbook our Wedding pictures because our photographer still has NOT given us our Wedding Album.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Crate Paper and Glue Arts! I love the roses but must say this project would be too dangerous for a chocoholic like me!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovin' these wedding projects! I've been married for almost 13years and I'm inspired to go back and scrap some of my wedding photos! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this Crate Paper line! Great projects! Those roses are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This wedding is truly amazing! I am enjoying all the fabulous projects and clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I enjoyed going through the fabulous projects here. Love the idea of Hershey's kisses rose buds & the heart wedding gown.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this collection! Its beautiful love seeing all the ideas for it!
    kacee
    mcvicwif@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. My husband and I just celebrated our 23rd anniversary on Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute idea for the centerpieces..ummm Hershey kisses! July 11th will e 36 years!
    LizW in TX

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've been married almost 4 years but together for 7. :) Thanks for a chance to win an awesome prize package!
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com
    sospoileditscute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those candy kiss roses are SO adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loved both of these projects. I like the idea of adding the calendar to the card. What a nice reminder of that special day. And the rose/candy project is awesome. How cool. Just loved all the papers used on these projects.
    Have been married 30yrs 10 months. Have know each other for 40yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the silhouettes!

    michelegreen120 at gmail dot com
    greengirlscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is so creative. I've been married 11 1/2 wonderful years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I will be married for 28 years tomorrow- I think the Rack should be mine, really-LOL
    Great projects too!

    ReplyDelete