Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hello to You Kaisercraft!

Do you still send out cards?

Long for the days of a handwritten note versus an email?

Are you a collector of tickets stubs, special mementos and more?
We've got just the projects for you today at GlueArts!

Kaisercraft has two new lines...Pink Gelato. Soft, feminine,delicate and oh so sweet! Velvet Ensemble is rich and warm, with beautiful musical notes and more!

Designer Lisa Day has made a butterfly card for us with Velvet Ensemble. We challenge you to not only make the card but to mail it out to someone special with a handwritten note inside!

And Audrey Pettit has a special keepsake box that would make a special gift for newlyweds or a graduate to hold all those treasured items!

Butterfly Hello Card
GlueArts Designer: Lisa Day

Supplies:
Glue Arts High Tac Adhesive and Dispenser
Glue Arts Raisen's
Glue Arts U Cut It
Kaiser Crafts Paper, Tag & Pearls
EK Success Butterfly Punch
Martha Steward Border Punch
Lily Bee Designs ABC Stickers

Directions:
Step 1 - Using High Tac adhesive adhere a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of patterned paper to your card base and then adhere two layers of paper to the bottom of the card using the same adhesive.
user posted image

Step 2 - Add two Raisen's to the back of a punched butterfly.

user posted image

Step 3 - Cut a large rectangle of U Cut It foam and adhere to the back of a tag.

user posted image

Step 4 - Add a "hello" title to the bottom of the tag and adhere the butterfly above it. Add some pearls to the middle of the butterfly and adhere the tag to the middle upper half of the card.

user posted image

Now you have a beautiful simple card with some great dimension!




Journey Trinket Box 
GlueArts Designer: Audrey Pettit

Glue Arts Supplies:
Glue Glider Pro with High Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Glue Arts U-Cut-It Foam
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares

KaiserCraft Pink Gelato Collection:
Patterned Papers, Sticker Sheet and Printed Chipboard
 Unfinished Wooden Box
Melissa Frances and Kraft Outlet Trims
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Kraft Outlet Vintage Dictionary Pages
Delta Acrylic Paint



user posted image

1. Remove hardware from the wooden box and set aside. Paint the inside of the box.

user posted image

2. Measure the dimension of the top and bottom of the box and cut a piece of patterned paper to fit. Apply High Tac Adhesive directly to the wooden top and bottom and cover with the paper.

user posted image

3. Repeat this process for the sides of the box. Paint all the edges. This will help cover any imperfections in the papering.

4. Using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive, add a layered ribbon across the bottom of the front lid. Add word strips from the Pink Gelato Sticker Sheet. Apply a Printed Chipboard flower over the ribbon using U-Cut-It Foam.

user posted image

5. Finish with more word and leaf stickers. Add a pretty bow and spiral-cut flowers using Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares. If you would like directions on making these spiral roses, designer Linda Albrect has a wonderful tutorial here

user posted image

6. Put the hardware back on. Tie a strip of natural twill to the handle and top with a final Printed Chipboard flower.

user posted image

user posted image



So how would you like to win one of the two newest Kaisercraft new lines?

We're giving away Pink Gelato
 and the Velvet Ensemble to two random winners!!
 Simply post a comment here and let us know what you love about today's projects. Or which collection has you counting the minutes until we announce the winners next Monday!! 


We're also going to include our GlueArts Embellishment Kit which is just what you need to create all these beautiful projects as seen! 


Do be sure to stop by the Kaisercraft blog to see all the amazing projects their designers have made with our GlueArts adhesives and more ideas for how to use Kaisercraft in your projects!

Last before you leave today we'd like if you would go and visit the Kaisercraft Facebook Wall and let them know GlueArts sent you to them! Be sure to stop by so you can have another chance to win from Kaisercraft and GlueArts!!  

Give them a BIG GlueArts HELLO!!!!!!!

See you back here tomorrow for more beautiful projects with Kaisercraft and GlueArts!

83 comments:

  1. I love the wooden box. love the new lines ,both of them are perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it's not only gorgeous, but handy dandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft, femmine look of the box, it is lovely.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the projects. I think my favorite is the Journey trinket box by Audrey. My daughter is getting married in October, a destination wedding, and as the mother of the bride, I have nothing to do for this wedding. Boo hoo. I have been trying to think of something special. This trinket box would be great. Was the wooden box purchased at a special place ? I don't remember seeing a box with a handle as such. Thanks. joanc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects! Love all of the candy, but especially the Pink Gelato. It would work well with photos of our new granddaughter. I love my glue glide and use the permanent and high tac runners all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both great projects! I love dimension and each of these use it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's absolutely GORGEOUS! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Joan V! The trinket box would be a lovely project for your daughter's wedding. I found mine in the unfinished wood section of my local big box craft store (AC Moore).

    ReplyDelete
  9. great projects today!
    kacee
    mcvicwif@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card! Both of these kits are beautiful:) If there was ever a prize to win it would be this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun project...I really do love that paper with the bikes on it...so darn cute...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the box, but I would use Velvet Ensemble and put tickets and pics of concerts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely amazing project!!! Love the softness of it! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. like it love it and now I'm going to see If I can take apart my luch pail that's been sitting in my craft room like forever and see if I came make it as awesom as yours. I love the gieaway, you guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that suitcase! Such cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. On the card, I love the dimension and that she challenged us to make a card and actually SEND it! What I love about the trinket box tutorial is that she removed the hardware first - I know it's dumb, but I wouldn't have thought of that! Makes my life easier! Already Like KC, but I'll go say hi, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the projects today. I love the beauty of the trinket box and would like to make one myself. Thanks for always posting the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous little box! perfect storage for trinkets!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the very classy look of the color combinations. They are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the decorative box! Great gifts with pictures inside or for note cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great projects. Always so much inspiration here. Said "hi" to Kaisercraft on facebook too...already a fan of them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't decide which collection I like more, they're both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The box is very cute and the card is just gorgeous! I'd love to give the Velvet Ensemble a try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects and I simply love that box.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous projects (as usual) and YAY for these new lines! I really think they are fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love both of these, so I'd love to win either one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the card and the box is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the delicate pink trinket box and would be perfict for a special girl or a wedding!! I am a follower of glue arts and love the product!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love, love, love the old world charm of Velvet Ensemble!! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the projects! You guys come up with the best stuff.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  31. i love the box, i never thought to use one like that. the pink gelato is my favorite of the two. i love the soft hues.

    ReplyDelete
  32. OOh la la, these collections are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both lines are so different but they're both so beautiful in their own ways! The projects are beautiful! The butterfly card is so sweet and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my those are some really cute projects! I love the pink gelato! But they are both awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. beautiful projects. Love them both, such good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would love anything Kaisercraft. All of their products are awesome. Plus the Glue arts embellishment kit is a prize all in itself. thanks for the opportunity to win something.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't pick a favorite, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love both of these!! But the Velvet Ensemble reminds my of my grandparents. . one taught and played piano and the other played the banjo . . my heart swells with memories of them!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both projects are beautiful. I don't think I could pick just one! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. These projects are SO very lovely, and talk about creativity! I simply adore that little lunchbox, with those soft colors, and the ease of the U Cut It foam in making these creations! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the retro feel to both projects! Thank you for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both of the kits are just amazingly beautiful! As is your card. I love the Pink box so lovely.
    scrappingmamma ~ ustoleit@comcast.net
    Http://www.scrappingmamma.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great projects :) the card is so simple yet it looks so elegant. the box is pretty cute.

    love the paper lines, pink gelato is my fav but they are both gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  44. I adore the trinket box: so feminine, so lovely, colors are soft. Love this line a lot and so much hopw to win

    ReplyDelete
  45. I was inspired by the box. I love both paper lines and would love to create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the pink gelato box. Love the colors of both kits.
    Patti
    www.shortnscrappy.com
    lilbitee1971 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love both kits and the projects are really creative. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I totally luv Velvet Ensemble and connot wait to get my hands on this kit and play.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Do I have to pick a favorite? I love them both. I am really crazy about the box. I love to make things like that for gifts. If you force me to pick one I would go with the Gelato because I also love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Why 'o' Why must I pick ? Both are so pretty. These are some talented ladies! If I must...I would say the pretty trinket box, the Pink Gelato is lovley. Thank you so much for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love both of these lines and the projects are beautiful. I would love to make a mini album with either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful projects and I love the Pink Gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the colors of the paper used for the wooden trinket box. I can hardly wait to make the paper roses, they really add the perfect touch!

    Thanks for the great ideas and the chance to win.

    lflinesatcomcastdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the colors in both projects. On the card, I love the 3D title tag. On the box, I love the chipboard flowers.

    Both lines have potential for many different looks. The clear stamps and the paper look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. the vintagey look of both lines - and any kit with coordinating stamps is aces in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I really like both projects. The projects look easy enough for us to do and I like the way the lines look.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am loving the velvet ensemble. Love this vintage look of the collection.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. The box is beautiful, I have lots of trinkets to stash away in there!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm loving both projects! So beautiful.

    Deanna A.
    jdamund at centurytel dot net

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the information and so love the Kaiser Craft items, great offer would love to win

    ReplyDelete
  61. Both of the projects are great. It makes me want to make a card and send a personalized letter to a friend! I might just do that! These collections are amazing! :)

    cherie.goyer at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. great card and adorable trinket box!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the Velvet Ensemble papers, colors they are so rich, love the Journey Trinket Box too, any little girl would love to have one!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I have fallen in love with Gelato...so soft and feminine. Love this cute box, great for all those precious little keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love everything about your projects today. Your design team rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love the little lunch box. It reminds me of a project I made as a kid back in the 60's. This paper is beautiful! comopark@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Both lines are really nice but I have to say my fav is the Pink Gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I really like the Journey Desk Clock, it's just beautiful! I can't decide which line I like better, the Pink Gelato has beautiful pastels and I love the rich colors of Velvet Ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Yes, Yes, and Yes

    I still send handwritten letters and love to recieve them.

    I do collect movie/event stubs

    I can't wait to see if my name is picked as a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful projects today! I love both of these lines! I would be more apt to use the colors in the Velvet line and i love the musical theme. But the Pink Gelato is fabulous too and I love everything having to do with tea so the teapot and cups are definitely appealing :) Thanks for the chance to win!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. What an awesome little trinket box! Such a great idea!! I love finding little treasueres like that when I go to hardware stores... mind is always ticking over as to what I can turn that into!!

    Love the simplicity of the butterfly card as well - looks divine! I've already got Velvet Ensemble in my collection so will be giving that idea a go when I need to whip up a quick card!!

    I didn't buy Pink Gelato (pick me, pick me!!) but am slowly thinking it's a collection I "need"... all the projects I've seen just look DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  72. love the pink gelato line. perfect for scrapping my granddaughter photos

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love the dimension on the butterfly tag. I'll have to get some of that foam!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh! Oh! Oh! Love the soft look of this pink gelato!!!

    michelegreen120 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Your designers have done such a terrific job of showing off these Kaisercraft lines and how useful Glue Arts products are! I love all the their creations, and the Pink Gelato line is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I like the card...really must scraplift it, as my mother is asking me to make some cards for her!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love Love Love ... the box!!! So softly colors and nice vintage loog - NICE work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow, I have to have the Velvet Ensemble line! My daughter plays piano and the keyboard elements are a must for me! The trinket box is darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I just love the colors on the Butterfly Hello Card.

    ReplyDelete