Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hey... What's for Dinner?

How many times have you heard that?


How many times have you responded WITH what is for dinner???


If your family is similar to ours...some nights we have a plan....others we struggle. Our best week's our those we plan the meals out ahead of time.


We just loved Jenny Chesnick's idea using October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker line. 


Jenny's Menu Board is smart, fun and might even be just the tool we all need to plan out a week's menu!! Simply by using a sheet of clear acetate and a dry erase marker...you've created the perfect tool for menus....to do lists and much more!!




October Afternoon Menu Board

Designed by: Jenny Chesnick


Supplies:

U-Cut 3D foam
Extreme Squares
Glue Glider Pro- Extreme Tac
Clip Board
Acetate Sheet & Dry Erase Marker
 October Afternoon Pattern Paper, Chipboard, Stickers, Alphabets, Tin Pins



1. Start by measuring out your specific clipboard. I cut my paper down to leave the nice bare edge of my board showing. Your acetate sheet most likely will not need to be cut down. The standard size is 8.5x11, just trim off the "white" piece that comes on it. Round your corners of both paper and acetate. 
2. Next attach your pattern paper using Extreme Tac in your Glue Glider to make sure it stays put! Do not glue down your acetate at this point. Simple layer under your "clip" to hold it in place. 
3. Next up add 7 circle stickers for your days of the week. I then layered the circles with tin pin buttons and added letter stickers to coincide with each day of the week.
4. Using your U-Cut foam layer the back of your centerpiece of chipboard. Once I had the place in mind for my Mom I used Extreme Tac again to adhere the acetate under the chipboard to hide the tape. Before I placed my chipboard I also added Extreme Squares underneath the circle stickers to make sure my acetate was good and secure. 


5. To finished up I added some more chipboard pieces to create a nice cluster of decoration. Write down your menu and enjoy! 



Today's post wraps up another week!! And it's been an amazing week! GlueArts and October Afternoon + Modern Homemaker=True Happiness!


We hope you've enjoyed it! We definitely have! Today you can enter one more time for a chance to win some Modern Homemaker for yourself! We're giving away an 8 by 8 paper pad, coordinating clear stamps and of course a Glue Glider Pro and our must have 3D Combo Pac filled with our U Cut It Foam and our Raisen's. (a must for all of today's Modern Homemakers!!)





 We'll pick a random winner on Monday! And pllease be sure today to visit the October Afternoon blog and Facebook page!!! All week long they have shared ideas using GlueArts products!! 









Last for today.. we have one more way for you to win! Our good friends over at Cricut have just announced a new blog!!! And to help them celebrate we're giving away a $100 Gift Certificate for Cricut.com! Just imagine...you get to spend it just how YOU like!!

To enter to win simply visit the new Cricut Blog, click to follow the blog and then pop back here, leave a comment and let us know you're now following Cricut! Want a chance for two entries...then click to follow the GlueArts blog as well! Already a follower....why not tell a friend!


And if you'd like to show your support...why not grab this code and add their fun new blinkie to your blog or site!! Simply copy the code and paste!!





http://www.cricutblog.org" title="Cricut: The Official Blog">http://i53.tinypic.com/1zyisyg.jpg" alt="Cricut: The Official Blog" style="border:none;" />


We'll pick one random winner next Tuesday, May 24th to win!! So be sure to tell your friends, family...everyone!

And tune in all next week...we've got another brand new sponsor...this one will help you in a bind!    

68 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! We almost always have a plan for the whole week, and then it just deflated around Wednesday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always struggling to decide what to make for dinner. I am not very good about planning ahead. So this is a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Jen! I love all the OA chipboard details. A really fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love your menu board, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute idea! I love this menu board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Everyone asks that question- sometimes even the cook!

    anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following Cricut! And I've been following you for awhile and don't plan on leaving anytime soon! :) Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a follower at the new Cricut blog. Also a follwer of you guys. LOVE Glue Arts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a follower of the Cricut blog! Glue Arts' is awesome!

    xx,
    Candi

    candice1973(at)comcast(dot)net (email address)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just tooooo cute!! I love this idea!! Then I can plan out dinner on the weekend when it's less stressful and have it ready for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That menu board is the cutest idea!! Thank you for sharing and for another chance to win your awesome giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, i love the clipboard!! I am also already a follower of the cricut blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, at least the family will know what they are eating that evening while they are having breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is cute! I'd love to write up a plan and then take all the planning out of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, but I think I would change it to a chore chart! WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a Cricut Blog follower on their new blog {and I have their new blinkie!!}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute idea for the clipboard!!

    I am a follower of Cricut.com's new blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and such a great idea! I also love at it's not a space-hog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. very cute :) love it. thanks for the inspiration.

    also wanted to let your great folks that i am now following the new cricut site thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your extreme tac is great for these kinds of project. Love this homemaker line! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I am loving that clipboard...so cute. Thanks for sharing...can't wait for the drawing for all the awesome giveaways...

    ReplyDelete
  23. OHHH! What a great idea for a clipboard! THANKS for all the fabulous ideas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not only is Jenny's Menu Board fun and creative, it also stops me from having to answer that question over and over again - after I make mine I will just point to the board until they get used to looking at it to find out. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the Cricut blog info! I am now a follower of theirs under the name buckskinbelle through google.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this cute board! My boys would appreciate a menu!
    And, I'm following the Cricut blog and have posted the cute blinkie on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is absolutely adorable!! Love the idea, and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a good idea& so cute!! Thanks for another Amazing Drawing!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. YES< Dinner is a big struggle at my house.
    We usually end up having the same old thing over and over again

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this idea! This way the kids can also help with filling it in and having a small say in the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cute idea! Planning meals is ALWAYS a major struggle for me! LOL! Thanks for an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the clip board....♥wonderful ideas all week♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. So what's for dinner? J/K! Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute idea. That would be great with my 3 kids. I get asked all day every day. "What's for dinner?"

    ReplyDelete
  35. Omgosh! I LOVE this menu board!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that October Afternoon menu board. Really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I visited the Cricut blog and signed up for their feed, and I follow Glue Arts, too...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh My Goodness!! The menu board is the bestest of all the OA projects this week. I LOVE IT! I'm following GA and Cricut. Thanks again for all the great ideas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am always asking the family what do you want for supper. Rarely do I get any suggestions. Since leaving the workplace a year ago, I usually end up at the store 3 times a week. I have to be in the mood for a meal-some times I do plan ahead. Our meals are usually from scratch, not a box. I hope we are eating healthier all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I don't love to cook anymore because my hubby has a lot of food allergies and my son is picky! Cute projects and I already have the Cricut blinkie and follow them!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your project it is so cute. I am a follower of the Cricut Blog and have their Blinkie on my blog. I am already a follower of your blog. Thanks for the chance to win such Great blog candy.

    Later Tater,
    Laney

    ReplyDelete
  42. It has been an amazing and fun week with Glue Arts and October Afternoon. Thanks for all the great inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  43. How cute it that and just love that paper takes me back to my childhood days.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great project! I love to cook, but usually by the end of the week I run out of ideas if I don't plan ahead, so a board like this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Too cute and a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I struggle so often with what to make for supper! Super cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. what a clever idea! I would love this on my kitchen wall!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love it in the morning when my eyes are hardly opened and I hear "what's for dinner". Of course, I run out of ideas and am so tired of the same stuff. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the clipboard idea and the papers and embellishments really make it come together

    ReplyDelete
  50. Follower of the new cricut blog!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a cute, novel idea! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. the menu board is awesome...what a great way to plan out the week and to let everyone know what's going to be served in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh, this menu board is a wonderful idea! Many times, with socer, piano, Scouts, and other activities for my kids, it's a la carte for each member of my family. How cute would this be to actually be organized about our family menus?! And of course OA's Modern Homemaker is the perfect line for this project. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love this menu board! I am a follower of Cricut's blog and the Glue Arts blog!

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a great idea for a menu board!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Very cute and clever menu board!

    ReplyDelete
  57. the menu board is absolutely adorable! I love anything cute that can help keep you organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very cute project...I really need to make myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I am a follower of the new cricut blog! i am so excited about them having a blog :) Long time follower of yours!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Follower of the new cricut blog, love all things cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is great! And what a beautiful way to display it.

    ReplyDelete