Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bookmarks with GlueArts

How many of you love to read?

Do you read novels, fiction, non-fiction?

Love to buy books or prefer visit the library and walk through the book aisles and selecting a book that catches your eye.

Ania is alot like myself. I'll openly admit to reading several books at once. And yes it does OFTEN stem from not remembering where I set a book down. And I can't even tell you how many "bookmarks" have gone astray. {I've been known to use a granola bar wrapper as a bookmark! Even my son's report card!lol shhh don't tell!!}

Designer Ania Lexander offers a beautiful way to mark your books with a little more style then a granola bar wrapper!lol

Bookmarks
Designed by: Ania Lexander 

I'm a weird person who keeps reading up to four-five different books at the same time. Often it's just because I tend to misplace my books, so whenever I finally find time to actually read and can't find the book I'm at for the moment being, I'll go impatient and just snag the next book...cough..

This means I need lots of bookmarks, as I tend to misplace these too (or my kids takes mine tongue.gif), so here's a few quite simple and quick bookmarks smile.gif

GA supplies:

GlueGlider Pro - using both PermaTac and High Tac
Extreme adhesive squares

Other:
Basic Grey kit
Rubons from Basic Grey
Tag and sheer postage stamp from Maya Road
Doily
Tag from Pink Paislee
Bazzill cardstock & thread



Precut 2" wide strips from the patterned paper. Cut in half.
Cut out cardstock - slightly wider/higher than the patterned paper. Gather.

I used regular PermaTac for the basic adhering of the papers.
I decided to decorate them differently. For this one, I pre-cut holes around the edges for handstitching (my sewing machine is broken sad.gif ) The foam that some brads come packaged on is excellent to use under the paper to make it easier to create holes and does not damage your work surface.

 For smaller bits and buttons I figured extreme adhesive squares would do the trick.
For this piece of sheer plastic High Tac did the trick.
The nice thing with the PermaTac is that you can follow the edges nicely w/it and still have good adhesive-coverage, as seen here..
As you can see, some of the bookmarks has buttons/larger bulky things sewed or adhered to the top. This is just fine, as long as the bulky stuff is at the top so they can peek over the bookpages and help you find the right page immedately (I've had some bookmarks hiding inside the books sorta).



So tell us...what is your favorite GlueArts product? Our Glue Glider Pro...with what cartridge? Perhaps our Extreme Adhesive Squares? Or are you addicted to dimension and can't live without our U Cut It Foam. We'd love to hear from you! 



And we've heard from many of you that you're unable to always find all of our products in one store so we're making it easy for you! We've put together an Embellishment Kit filled with all those products PLUS our Extreme Adhesive Squares AND our Micro Squares AND {yes..there's another and} 10 sheets of our Vellum Adhesive!!! Just click here to purchase on our safe and secure website!


 A $20 value! Includes (1) Roll Ribbon Adhesive, (1) Roll Extreme Adhesive Squares, (10) Sheets Vellum Adhesive, (1) Sheet U CUT IT Foam, (16) Squares Raisen's, and (300) Micro Adhesive Squares.


Today though you can enter to win an Embellishment Kit!! And that's not all!! We're including two beautiful Sizzix dies from our amazing friends at Sizzix!!!


 Simply leave us a comment to enter to win!!! Let us know are you finding our products....wishing for GlueArts to make a product. We'd love to hear!!! 


And as always....thanks for being a GlueArts fan!!!  

46 comments:

  1. I love to read and these bookmarks are AWESOME!

    T4S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bookmarks! I love books and bookmarks - I will never own an electronic reader :) I love the Glue Glider Pro that i won a few months ago, but have not been able to find refills in my Michaels. So where do i find refills? Do i have to order on line? i also love the Extreme Adhesive Squares! i would love to win this Embellishment kit - thanks for the chance!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bookmarks. I just stitched 2 for Stitching for Literacy but forgot to give them to the store I stitch at last Thursday and I just started a new job so I won't be going back for a while :p

    Thanks for the chance to win great products. You always seem to know when my Birthday is coming up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bookmarks!!!I just discovered your blog and I love all the projects so many fabulous ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'd love to give your glue glider a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bookmark fanatic too!
    and YEs, I have several books going at once too. I keep one in the car (i've read 4 books this year waiting in the pickup line to get my son at school), one by my bed, one in the living room, and one at work to read on my lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea. I love to read too. I recently got a Nook. I'm reading even more since I can just download e-books from the library. For Free. Gotta love free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a book junkie..I love reading and have been known to start and finish a book the same day. My favorites I've read over and over again and will read over and over again. These bookmarks are so cute, and would even make great stocking stuffers at Christmas time...yeah, I'm thinking Christmas already! I love the GGP with Perma-Tac adhesive it, need a new refill for mine too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your blog and the ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These bookmarks are great. I am a bookaholic, though rarely more than one at a time-only because I read so fast that I finish a normal book in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These book marks are awsesome. I love the ribbon tape. The embellishment kit is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last book I read was "Girl in Translation." It was for my book club which we will discuss on the 24th. I love GGP and my favorite refill is the perma tac, but I am really wanting to get the fabric. A new GGP and fabric adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH sooo me...I have used wrapper, photos, or coupons for bookmarks...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great giveaway - I'd love to try ANYTHING from Glue Arts - I have nothing :-( , so I guess I'd better start with a Glue Glider Pro - and a permanent adhesive !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Glue Glider, a bit difficult to find other Glue Art products in NZ but I always know where to find my fav refills for my glider

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too use strange things for my bookmarks...lol. Great post! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pro and use perma tak. I can find it at my closest LSS and online but have not seen any other products in store.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the BookMarks! Now I have the perfect gifts to make my friends for their summer reading...and hopefully some yummy glue and great dies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you make a product that is double sided sticky and is already cut into shapes, words, and letters? I would love something like that to add glitter to, and flocking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great buttony-bookmark inspiration! I love reading books and need lots of bookmark too. Would love to try Glueglider Pro to make some crafty projects.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The GlueGlider looks awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to try your U-Cut It foam sheets! Awesome book marks...they will be my next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have no trouble getting my glue arts pro glider refills. I haven't seen the u cut foam yet but will be on the look out for them. Would like to check them out. Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful bookmarks, these are something I love to make as they make a lovely little extra to go with gift's. I am always reading and so have many around the house for the when I forget to take the last one out of the book I just finished lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am an eclectic scrapper, pls send glue my way....I never have enough.........smile
    Whatever product glue arts markets will be a success, as you have a great team of developers within your walls of success.
    ava
    cottgerca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the bookmarks, using a button at the top is a great idea!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the bookmarks (I was so confused yesterday), definitely better than using the postcard advertising from my current magazine. I have never seen the Crop & Glue in my store. That seems like it would be good for micro-beads and flocking.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the bookmarks! Perfect back-to-school gifts!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these bookmarks! They would make quick, easy gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's hard to find your products in the Boston area, but I once got a package of Extreme Squares and loved them. These bookmarks are a great idea for my daughter, who is beginning to read chapter books and always asking me "Where was I, Momma?"

    ReplyDelete
  31. What great bookmarks! I've only ever tried the Glueglider Pro, and I like the PermaTac refill the most for that. But I'd love to try out your Embellishment Kit =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not a fan of reading, but whenever I give a book as a present I always make sure to include a handmade bookmark. Those turned out great and thanks for the chance to win .

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love my Glue Glider...cannot find any products unless I buy online...I love the bookmarks! I am an avid reader, as is my daughter, so making those would be great! Would love to win the embellishment kit! Try out those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the bookmarks and Glue Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the foam stuff...I can get the perfect amount every time!

    ReplyDelete
  36. My favorite adhesives are the perma tac and the extreme tac.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a very fun giveaway....and the project....very cute and creative

    ReplyDelete
  38. cute bookmarks! my favorite is the Glue Glider Pro perma tac. I would love to try some of the other products though!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am always looking for new projects. I have just ordered some of the products online and can't wait to try them! Vannessa Miller luppydog@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete