Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's an Epiphany Kind of Week!

Epiphany Crafts that is!

We're so excited to welcome a new sponsor this week and share with you a week filled with ideas to help you accessorize with Epiphany Crafts!

Epiphany Crafts was the brain child of Tricia Barrett. Whom many of you may remember as the creator behind Lil' Davis Designs. Tricia is obviously one creative gal and one day was crafting and realized she did not have a button to match her project. She told her husband Brian that it would be neat to have something to help you make your own buttons....and thus became Epiphany Crafts!! Be sure to visit their website to learn more about them!!


This week we're putting on focus on accessories. To quote a favorite movie line:

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize..."Steel Magnolias"


So that's just what we're doing this week!

Designers Patti Milazzo and Grace Tolman have two ways to spruce up for spring! Patti made a beautiful spring brooch that if you hurry...you too can make for this weekend's holiday. And Grace has a hat that every little gal will be asking for!

Spring Brooch
Designer: Patti Milazzo

Supplies: 
Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro
1/4 High Tac Cartridge Refill - Pro
Extreme Adhesive Squares
Extreme Micro Squares
Mini Adhesive Squares
Glue Gun
Glue Gun Stick Refills

Epiphany Crafts:
Shape Studio Tool Round 14
Shape Studio Round 14 Bubble Caps
Shape Studio Tool Heart 20
Shape Studio Heart Buttons 20
Felt Flower

Other:
Sizzix Big Shot
Sizzix Dies: Sizzlit Decorative Label Set
Chipboard
Bo Bunny Sophie patterned paper, dimensional chipboard and rub-ons
chain, jump rings, buttons, gems and pin back



Instructions:
1. With the Glue Glider Pro and High Tac Adhesive, cover a piece of 2” x 3” chipboard with pattern paper. This will be the main part of the brooch.

2. Hole punch 3 holes along the bottom of the chipboard – center and both sides, about 1 ¼” apart.
3. Attach short lengths of chain to the chipboard with jump rings. The chain should drape a bit between the space.
4. Use the Shape Studio Tool Round 14 to create 2 paper backed Bubble Caps. Punch holes (1/16” hole punch) in each, then adhere them back to back with a Use a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square to create a double sided Bubble Cap charm.

5. Again with the Shape Studio Tool Round 14, create a pattern paper Bubble Cap that will fit into the silver charm for the center of the brooch. Use a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square to adhere the Bubble Cap to the silver charm.
6. Using 2 more jump rings, attach the Bubble Cap silver charm and the double sided Bubble Cap charm to the existing jump rings that attach the chain to the chipboard.
7. Using the Shape Studio Tool Heart 20, create a paper backed Heart Button. Insert a brad into the button holes and fold back the prongs to lay flat. Punch another Heart from paper, apply some High Tac Adhesive and cover the exposed prongs. 
8. Then use a small drill bit to create a hole at the top right or left of the heart. Attach a jump ring to the heart and then attach it to the existing jump ring that connects the chain to the chipboard.
9. Create a blue Bubble Cap using the Shape Studio Tool Round 14 and with a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square attach the paper backed Bubble Cap to the center of the Felt Flower embellishment.

10. Then apply an Extreme Adhesive Square to the back of the Felt Flower and attach it to the paper covered chipboard. Add other decorative chipboard accents, punches, rub-ons, buttons and gems to embellish the chipboard brooch using either the Micro Extreme or the regular Mini Adhesive Squares.

Tip: Use the Mini Adhesive Squares on the center back of the butterfly punches and fold over any excess from showing. Layer them and fold the wings before adhering it to the chipboard with another Mini Adhesive Square.

11. Using the Glue Gun, apply a small amount of hot glue to the back of the chipboard. While the glue is hot, press a pin back into the glue and let set until cool. Now the Spring Brooch is ready to be worn and enjoyed!





Altered Cowboy Hat
Designer: Grace Tolman

Supplies:
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares and mini adhesive squares
Plain kid’s cowboy hat
ribbon
pattern papers
Epiphany Crafts button and epoxy makers, 1” epoxy stickers and plain buttons pack, felt flowers, ribbon (3/4” grosgrain)
Fray check


Instructions:
1) Gather your supplies.


Step 2: Make your epoxy shapes first from pattern paper of your choice. I wanted the epoxy to be even all through out the hat, so I only used 14 from the pack of 15. Make the buttons as well. These will go on top of the layered felt flowers. 

Step 3: Adhere the buttons to the felt flowers with Mini Adhesive squares. 
Step 4: Start putting together your hat. I started with the three small felt flowers, adding one of the middle/front and one of middle of the left side and one on the right side. These will make my epoxy stickers even on all sides of the hat. 
Step 5: Then start adhering the epoxy shapes in between the flowers using extreme adhesive squares. Make sure you even out the spaces for a neater look. 
Step 5: Then start adhering the epoxy shapes in between the flowers using extreme adhesive squares. Make sure you even out the spaces for a neater look. 
Step 7: Make your bow. I usually sew the middle of my bow with some thread but since I want this bow to be flat and the center will be covered by a flower, I stapled the ribbons together instead. 
Step 8: Cut out the ends of the bow and add fray check on it to keep it from fraying out. 
Step 9: Adhere the bow to the center of the back of the hat. Then adhere the felt flower on the middle of the bow. And you are done!!! Enjoy your one of a kind hat! 



So how you would like an opportunity to win some Epiphany Crafts products along with GlueArts. Simply leave us a comment today and we'll enter you to win this sweet assortment of products! We'll pick a random winner next Monday to enjoy the goodies!

And speaking of winners...you know what that means...time to announce last week's Picture Keeper and Accent It All winner. And can we just tell you...you all made Picture Keeper's week! Now onto our winner and that is:

Evette K. said...



Befriended Picture Keeper on facebook and wrote a comment. Guess u could say I did say hello to them. LOL thanks for the chance to win.

87 comments:

  1. Patti and Grace have absolutely rocked the Epiphany Crafts projects! These are fabulous!
    And a huge congrats to Evette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects look so neat:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea that tool is!! I would love to try it!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those projects!! I am always running into the same prob with my buttons..would be awesome to win this great package! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love Epiphany Crafts first saw the button maker on a shopping channel was in awe cutest invention I've seen in awhile...what wonderful projects today too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of Epiphany Crafts and now I just LOVE their product!!! How fun is that and what a FABulous idea! Thank you so much for the chance to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Epiphany Crafts. I saw them on HSN not long ago but they sold out before I got to buy any! I would love to win this! Even if I dont, I will probably buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that you are teaming up with Epiphany Crafts this week!!! I LOVE their awesome epoxies!!!! Looking forward to more adorable projects this week <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty brooch and the hat is adorable! Great products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How absolutely COOL is that tool!!! It looks like soooo much fun, I bet it's hard to stop once you get started creating with that! would LOVE to win, thanks for a chance! The projects are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just in love with this tool! It is the greatest idea. Super give-away, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous. I have got to try and make one of these. Thank you for sharing both of these projects. I am going to decorate my hat and make a broach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fun! I have a few little girls that would go crazy for that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! Love the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the creations! Ephiphany has some fabulous tools!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very very cool. I've been seeing a lot about this button maker. I was excited to see how it worked. Looking forward to more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous projects. I saw the Shape Studio Tool by Epiphany Crafts at a scrap booking show a few weeks ago. It is awesome. I almost bought it and then changed my mind. I am really kicking myself now, I wish I had bought it. It is a awesome tool. I also love my Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, I use it all the time. Thank you for the chance to win these fabulous tools. I already have the Glue Glider Pro but sure could use another so I don't have to share with my 13 year old daughter.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the pin! The dangling charms look wonderful, what a cool tool! And what little girl wouldn't love the hat!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Yes!!! This is a must have!!! Thank you the Glue Arts and Epiphany Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the Epiphany Crafts pin. Love the idea of making my own buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great prize package! I would love to win it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, look at these projects! So inspiring. LOVE the Extreme Adhesive Squares - they REALLY stick! LOL!

    Love the idea of making your own embellishment with Epiphany Craft tool! VERY cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great projects and I had never heard of this button maker - I need to go check it out ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great tool. Would love to give it all a try! Thanks for sharing the projects! Great ideas for gifts for all ages!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the projects and would love to give this tool a try. thanks for the chance!! Happy Scrappin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dang, the hat would look great on a young whippersnapper. This city slicker might have to add a cowgirl hat to our tickle trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been seeing advertisements in my scrap mags, and I gotta say, I'm really hoping to win one! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute projects, I especially love the pin! Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to win some fabulous goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are some really cute projects! what a really cute machine!! I would love to have this tool! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great projects!!! Love both Glue Arts and Epiphany Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How wonderful! Two of my favorite products working together. Love the pin and my granddaughters would certainly love the hat. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I first saw these at the Creating Keepsakes convention. It was love at first sight. I can not wait to get them when the new products become available :-)
    thanks Elizabeth H.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool! Love these projects and products!!

    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these! Bought one and would love to have all!! Great product and great people!!!!Dawaila

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those are some rocking projects i just ordered my Glue Art Glue Glider pro I'm anxiously awaiting it in the mail.. Can't wait to play with it....

    Janie Boots

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cool!!! I'm definitely intrigued!
    Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh cool! I've been wanting to see how these little gadgets work for a while now. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The projects are sooo coool Love them. I could see using this machine to make epoxy pendants and earrings too, maybe even rings. Would love to win, thanks for the chance.
    Hugs,
    Melissa D
    mkds312@hotmail.com
    sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great projects. It is so refreshing to see two companies joining efforts to come up with such cute ideas for us crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my goodness! LOVE Epiphany Crafts!! They are just terrific! Best toys ever!! Thank you for the opportunity to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'd love to win!!! I always wanted to try one of the button makers, but my LSS doesn't carry them.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love it, I was just introduced to Epiphany Crafts last month and what a bargain! I love their products! Both of these crafts are awesome. I have wondered how jewelry would look made out of paper products along eith jewelry findings. It looks great! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thought I had enough tools......... oh know, gotta have some of these, this ROCKS,
    the projects are great, watched the utubes this looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have the small round button shape tool from Epiphany Crafts and I can't stop using it. I have used it on every layout I have done since I got it last September at Inspiration Unlimited. My only wish is that I wish I had gotten some of the other shapes also.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the different ideas to use the tool with! Thanks!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  46. I LOVE todays projects! This tool looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Cute hat!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I didn't want to pick up another craft hobby, but with Epiphany and Glue Arts I can make jewelry with stuff I already have in my craft room! I am so excited to now be able to finally add jewelry making to my crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Those buttons are fantastic!! I love how you turned them into embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Kudos on filling a need for a new product! I say, wouldn't it be great to have this _____? She said, "we should be able to make our own buttons AND figures out a way to do it.
    Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I just love the little charms! I would love to try these fantastic products :) Aparna

    ReplyDelete
  52. How lovely! I can think of so many things I could use these items for! Hope I win! -- Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  53. oh wow these are some absolutley fantastic projects... Thank you so much for the chance to win the fab giveaway...
    Hugggs
    Celeste
    celeste@touchedbyabutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Some really neat stuff there! TFS!! Will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love Epiphany Crafts' punches and how you can personalize embellishments with them. I first saw them at the Scrapbook Expo and fell in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love this! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I first seen this on one of the home shopping channels... I fell in love with it then.... This is a great well thought out idea. I would so very much enjoy winning this one.... Good luck everyone!!!
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a Great Partnership....Glue Arts & Epiphany Craft's!!!!! The projects were too cute!!! Thanks for the chance to win this AWESOME giveway!!!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. How awesome is that!! Would so love to play with one of these. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I have been eying the button maker for a couple of weeks now. How exciting to see it paired with my favorite adhesive company! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  61. Yikes! A new gottahave toy! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  62. love those projects especially the cowboy hat. Have nieces that would love to play around with pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  63. OHHH! I have not used this tool before--would LOVE to try it out! THANKS for sharing the fabulous projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I really love that button maker! What a great variety of ideas in this post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I adore Epiphany Crafts and after seeing this I have got to buy me a round one.These are all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love these project ideas!!! I stopped by the Epiphany Crafts booth last weekend at the CK convention in Mesa, and they were absolutely amazing! I wish I would have seen them before I blew my budget :(

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love the brooch! I've never used the Epiphany Crafts products but Have seen them. I'd love to win and give them a try! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  68. this would so brighten up what looks like it's going to be a LONG COLD WET winter in this part of the world- love your creations

    ReplyDelete
  69. This broach is to die for. Thanks for partnering with Epiphany Crafts as I have never heard of them before. Looks like a fabulous product line. Thanks for the opportunity to win this package. Can't wait to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh boy I lost my comment so here we go again. I think I need to go to sleep. Anyway I say that tool at Scrapbook Expo and it is pretty nifty. I made a cute flower using it. Fun stuff. Nice that you paired up with them and the projects are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I love the button maker. How cool. Your projects are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oooh! I really,really need one of these. What a great new tool.

    ReplyDelete
  73. My P-I-T would love that hat! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  74. This looks like a great tool! thanks for the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Fabulous projects. Love the idea of being able to create my own buttons. I am obsessed with buttons lately.

    ReplyDelete
  76. This looks like some fun stuff to play with. Love the projects. A girl can't get enough buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  77. That tool looks like a lot of fun! I've heard about it but I didn't realize what you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Love these projects! I can't wait to visit the Epiphany Crafts booth at the Expo! Would love to win this prize package! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Patti, I adore that brooch! And Grace, what a cute way to dress up the cowboy hat. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Wowsers ... gorgeous projects ... would looooove to win that awesome prize package ...

    Love, Tracy G

    ReplyDelete
  81. So creative...makes me want to get it all and make my own pins and jewelry...love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete