Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Fluttery Fairy Wands and Sweet Headbands!!

Wearables!

Fairy tale wands!

Sweet flower headbands...are just some more of the amazing items you can create using the Epiphany Craft Studio Tools and our outstanding GlueArts adhesives!!

Today we have two more projects that we feel certain you'll love! Designer Lesley Langdon has just what every little girl (and big!) would love to wear in their hair! And Designer Ania Lexander has what we know she'll want to carry!!! Two perfect crafts for girls of all ages!!! And best of all...our GlueArts products make creating these projects a piece of cake!

Change It Up Hair Band!
Designer: Lesley Langdon

I once had an idea for velcro, that I bought 6 meters of the stuff, and never used it. So today, I bring it out to show you how to make a cute headband that can be changed up whenever you feel like it!

This headband requires you to use a sewing machine, or if you are particularly handy with a needle and thread, you can try it that way too.

Supplies:
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Epiphany Crafts Frayed Felt Flowers (Cherry, Clover)
Epiphany Crafts Star Felt Flowers (Mint, Whimsey)
Epiphany Crafts Studio Tool (Heart)
Epiphany Crafts Bubble Caps (Hearts)
May Arts Ribbon
Spellbinder Die Templates (S4-112 Classic Ovals SM, S4-116 Standard Circles SM)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cut Machine
Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Patterned Paper
Sewing Machine
Canvas



Instructions:
1. Measure length of ribbon for your headband based on the head of the recipient (approx. 15"). Fold both ends up about 1/4 inch and stitch.
2. Sew on opposing pieces of velcro on each end of the ribbon (a small piece(approx 1 inch) to grab, and a long strip (approx 4 inches) to offer a range of tightness.
3. Take 3 strips of velcro and sew onto canvas (repeat), use a die template to cut an oval and a circle. Once the shapes are cut, sew around edges and then sew the two pieces together so that they overlap. Sew piece onto the ribbon headband a little off center.
4. To dress up and prepare the Epiphany Crafts flowers, die cut 5 small ovals out of the velcro, use your Glue Arts Glue Gun to adhere the velcro ovals to the backs of flowers (make sure it is the opposite piece of velcro to be able to stick to the headband.

5. Use the Epiphany Crafts Studio Tool (hearts) and apply paper to the epoxy bubble cap (hearts) by punching the tool. Adhere the heart bubbles to the felt flowers with Glue Arts Hot Glue.

6. Now create your custom headband, arrange and rearrange flowers until you reach the desired look.


Butterfly-wand

Designer: Ania Lexander

Supplies:
Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro: Repositionable adhesive
Extreme adhesive squares: regular and micro
U cut it - 3d adhesive foam blanks

Epiphany Crafts:
SST-14 Round 25
SST-03 Heart 14
Felt embellishment

Tulle, papers from Pink Paislee (Cupid collection), bakers twine, wood dowels



 The base is a butterfly-template found on the Internet. Simply google "butterfly template" and chose the results to be shown as "pictures" - and pick the shape that fancies you. I read this tip from some blog, I'm afraid I don't recall which one atm, that if you wanted to keep certain butterfly-templates, you could transfer the pattern to sturdy chipboard and thus be able to keep the template. I thought this was a nice idea, so that's the first thing I did.


Using the repositionable adhesive I attached the pattern to the chipboard and cut around the shape. This yields a nice, sturdy template you can use again and again.
Chose a patterned paper (I picked papers from Pink Paislee's Cupid-collection for my girly project) and trace around your template.


Then I prepared the small expoxy-hearts I wanted to use. 
The next step was using the large extreme adhesive square around the top-ish of the wooden stick, to fasten the twine with and hold it in place. Simply wrap the square of adhesive around the stick.
Tie the twine around it.
Using the smaller extreme adhesive squares, attach it to the back of the epoxy-hearts.
Place w/the end of the twine and attach the second heart upon again, sandwiching the twine w/extreme adhesive.
As for the other end of the twine I wanted to attach a different embellishment to it; the felt shape.
With a larger epoxy-circle attached to the back of it. Both were attached using the larger extreme 
adhesive squares.

More felt embellishment: These green circles were originally in three layers: I removed the smallest/top layer and replaced them with letters and numbers instead. This wand was for my daughters 6th birthday, hence the letter A for her name and the number 6 for her age.

Again I used extreme adhesive squares for this.

I wanted to attach tulle to the wand, so more extreme adhesive squares were rolled around the stick in preparation for the tulle to stick.

Then it's time to attach the butterflies, with adhesive along the middle part plus 3d foam around it as shown in the picture.
Place the other butterfly carefully upon the first one and tada - you've got yourself a butterfly-wand your little one will love and adore! Mine surely did!






Inspiring wouldn't you agree!

Now we know seeing all these ideas makes you very anxious to make something yourself! So  if you would like to win some goodies, simply leave us a comment...let us know what you like and we'll enter you to win this assortment of a:


 
Epiphany Shape Studio Tool Heart 14, the Shape Studio Accessories Bubble Heart 14 epoxies, 3 packs of their brand new felt flowers, GlueArts 2-pack refill of our High Tac Adhesive, Vellum Adhesive, our 3D Combo Pac and last but not shown...our GlueArts Extreme Adhesive Squares which are a MUST HAVE for the Epiphany tools!

Simply leave us a comment today and we'll enter you to win this sweet assortment of products! We'll pick a random winner next Monday to enjoy the goodies!

And once again we have a bonus post this week! Wait till you see what Linda made! Tune in tomorrow for more ways to accessorize with GlueArts and Epiphany Crafts!!

67 comments:

  1. What great projects love the wand and the headband. TFS.
    Debbie
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous projects. Love the headband. I can see making pins and matching bracelets too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can change out the headband...and my daughters would love to have some of those wands!! Thanks for sharing and the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. once again, how ADORABlE!! I've just loved the projects this week with the cool tool! thanks for all the chances to win, fingers and toes crossed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas! I love the butterfly. Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. More great projects! Love the wand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Love the inspiration. I can't believe how many other ways you can use the button studio besides scrapbooking. That headband is adorable as is the wand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the head band and little wand...such cute models, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable.. would be perfect for my 4 year old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you can adjust where your flowers go on the headband. The custom hearts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome projects.....my fav is the magic wand
    kisses
    Rosana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm 47 and I would wear that darling headband! I would rock it out to the grocery store if I had too!!!! What great tutorials to help us out here make some great gifts for our little girls in our lives!!!!! I know this would add to my title of the "FUN" Aunt!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My P-I-T would love that wand and even the headband too as a project even she could help in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Would love to make them for my nieces.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fun both projects are. LOVE that headband.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my--my granddaughters would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fabulous projects, ladies! They are so fun and so beautiful, all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!!! Glue Arts adhesive makes it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The projects keep getting better and better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a cute headband!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! Love the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow that is such a cute headband! I can so see making these for gifts for neices!! such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful projects! My little Princess would love both of these! The more I see being made with all the Epiphany Crafts accessories, the more I want to try them all! I'm definitely looking forward to getting some to play with! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the fairy wand. I taught kids at my work (Pottery Barn Kids) how to make some, but I didn't have good adhesive to make the flower (rather than butterfly) stick together without having it show the shape of the dowel. I'm going to try your method. I need to get some of your products--good adhesive makes all the difference, I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  25. such a fun project. The kid will love such a bright and cheerful headband.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I so need me a little girl to make these kind of cute things!I bet I could borrow my neighbor's daughter-she would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMGosh, these projects are just WAY TOO COOL! I want one of each! LOL!! Great ideas, ladies! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just bought a wand AND a headband for a certain person's Easter basket yesterday!!! I could have made them! How funny is that!?! Thank you so much for the inspiration to do it myself next time!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have never seen those tools before - they would be a welcome addition to my tool kit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to try all that fun stuff sooooo much! The projects are just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the hair band and wand. It makes me sad at times my daughter is too old for those cute projects. They grow way too fast. Fantastic giveaway, I would put them to good use. Thanks for the chance to win.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love both of these projects!!! They would be so perfect for my Great-Niece!! Thanks for the chance to win!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I absolutely LOVE the headband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh how cute, I love both of these projects, i think i will try to make the headband one this weekend! #♥it

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hope I dont post twice. These are great projects. I love the wands. They are so adorable. The headbands are unique also. Thanks for a chance tow in great some grea prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The wand is beautiful. You have lots of decorating options with the wand.

    ava
    cottagerca

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love, love, love these projects. That headband is just wonderful. thanks for a great week of talented designers and great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love all the projects posted on this blog...I love Glue Arts...pennykitz@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  39. cute headbands! Thanks for the chance to win! cwins89203@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. So cute! I've been making flowered hairbands for my son's girl friends for their birthdays but I LOVE the velcro idea to make them more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very cute projects!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  42. The fairy wand is pretty sweet. I can totally make that.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great projects! Creative headband, never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  44. lol. I had the same Velcro experience! Still can't remember why I bought it, but it's always useful. Love these ideas! If only I had a little girl to share them with. Have to adapt them to cards.

    ReplyDelete
  45. How cute is this headband Love IT!
    Thank you for sharing these ideas.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  46. I see some happy little girls in my future...making these adorable items!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the butterfly wand, that is adorable and I would so put that in my craft room.

    Sharon
    rsmobley85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Both the wand & the headband are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I Love the wand and the head band so very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. All of these projects are super cute. Love em all but the Butterfly wand is my fave!!!
    Thanks,
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I would love to play and create with any of these wonderful products.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is adorable! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  53. wow your ideas keep getting better and better-love the inspiration would love this machine too

    ReplyDelete
  54. Super duper cute! I might have to make one grown up sized for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I can just picture some of my little girls at church in the headband. Some of them would love the wand too! Hope I win the goodies so I can get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh, I love everything especially the butterfly! 'So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is adorable! What a great idea!

    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  58. These are so adorable and I would love to make these for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  59. These fairy wands are just adorable. I can see so many ideas and projects. I would love to use it in my classroom too! Oh, my fingers and toes are crossed that I am lucky on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Those projects are adorable just to cute...


    Janie Boots

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a fun post. This is so unique, countless adventures in creativity..

    ReplyDelete
  62. Such cute ideas!!! The little girl with the wand has such a priceless look on her face......so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  63. How inventive! I love these projects - super super cute!!

    ReplyDelete