Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

She's Got Spunk!!! With My Little Shoebox!

Spunk Spunk yes we do....she's got spunk how about you?!

Sorry a bit of my cheerleading days creeped up when I saw this cute title on Designer Lesley Langdon's layout! It IS spunky and fun! Just look at how Lesley used the diecut paper on her page!! We say having spunk...is a GOOD thing!

She Got Spunk! Layout
Designer: Lelsey Langon


I just love taking a die cut piece of paper and cutting it up in odd shapes, layering it, and just coming up with unique ways of using it. With this layout, I took a piece of scalloped paper, and cut it into 3 different shaped and layered it to be an accent all its own.

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider MAX with Perma Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts 3D UCut It Foam
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
My Little Shoebox (Paper, Cardstock Stickers, Alphas, Die Cut Label, Stamps)
Ink: Stewart Superior
Other: Brown Cord, Singer Sewing Machine

Instructions:
1. Start with a 12x12 piece of cardstock, adhere smaller square of My Little Shoebox patterned paper with Glue Arts Perma Tac Adhesive, zig zag stitch edges with sewing machine.
2. Cut scalloped die cut patterned paper into different size pieced and layer in one corner with Perma Tac Adhesive.
3. Stamp 3 clouds (My Little Shoebox) onto patterned paper, cut out and adhere two of the clouds to layout with UCutIt 3D Foam. Adhere other cloud with Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares.


4. Adhere label with UCutIt 3D Foam, and string with cord, tape onto the back.
5. Adhere photo, and My Little Shoebox chipboard stickers images and alphas to make the title and journaling.





We'd like to introduce to our Recycle, Reuse & Repurpose Challenge Winner!

Jiuliana Tello and Family



Hello!!! My name is Jiuliana Tello! The name of my entry is... Crayon Car Holder. I did it because my son always leaves his crayon in different places, and then he cannot find them. I decided to make something funny for him. Now he can keep all his stuff in just one place and he can move it wherever he wants.



Supplies:

GlueArts Adhesive Squares 

Plastic bottles

Tin can ( food can)

Wooden box ( It used to be for chocolates)
Straws
Papers
Green and Yellow foam
Green beads
Lids from the Plastic Bottles
Green Acrylic Paint
Hot Glue
clipart



I used the Adhesive Square to make the tires, to make the windows and decorate the cans ..Its very clean and easy Its the first time that I tried.







My son love to paint, but the problem is that he leaves his crayons  in differences places and later he cannot find them, so I decided to make something funny for him and for his crayons, Now he can keep all in only place he love it.

And the best thing of everything is that I did with recycle materials like: Plastic bottles, Tin can , etc

I hope that you like, now see the step by step:

1,- To make the tires I used the plastic bottles, cut the end of them. then put together and decorate with yellow foam, green glitter and green beads.


2.- I decoupaged my old wood box, It used to be chocolate box.



I did 4 holes

3.- Then I decoupaged the tin can (food can).

4.- I made 4 windows and I used some pictures cartoons.



5.- I painted 2 wooden rods:


6.- Then I put all parts together. 







I decided to put the alphabet...


For the eyes I used the lids from the bottles.




My son was very happy with it



Thank you again Jiuliana!! We loved your project!! A special thanks again to our generous prize sponsors.... Plaid, Wescott and Provo Craft!! Jiuliana we hope you enjoy your prizes! Be sure to take a moment to visit Jiuliana's blog! She has amazing ideas and a glittery Easter Egg pencil project for the upcoming holiday!

Be sure to tune in next week as we'll share a few of our other Recycle, Reuse & Repurpose finalists projects that caught our eye!!

And last please leave us a comment today for a chance to win this amazing assortment of the My Little Shoebox Home Tweet Home line! 


And to make those projects come together perfectly an assortment of GlueArts must have adhesives!

We'll pick a random winner Monday to enjoy these products!!   See you then!


90 comments:

  1. Cute LO by Lesley! What great papers (and adhesives)! I love, love, love Jiuliana's project she did for your Recycle, Reuse & Repurpose challenge!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jiuliana! What an amazing creative brain you have! Love all the use of recycled product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely the cutest crayon box!
    What a great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lo! TFS

    Congrats to the RRR challenge winner! Well deserved win for such a creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea for kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute layout! And great wagon project!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing all the fun projects! Thank you for working with My Little Shoebox and showing us your work. We all know we need paper and glue to scrapbook so Gluearts and MLS is a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all your comments..and Thank Glue art for the opportunity.. and I cant wait for other challenge.. Have a great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve the spunk layout! AND, Congrats to the recycle winner-very cute idea! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute layout and the wagon is so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome project, I'll have to try that idea as my son loves doing artsy stuff with me and needs an easy storage solution :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute LO and re use project...congrats to both ladies...thanks so much for sharing your great ideas with us
    Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great repurposing project, top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy seeing crafts that are for little boys - and I'm sure with a couple of tweaks, this could be converted to a little girl crayon holder. You did a greeat job !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes, that is amazing!! GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! That's a great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gr8t project!

    Kelan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super fun idea!!! I am so not that creative but you have inspired me. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win the AMAZING prize pack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome use of MLS Leslie. Love the happy photo and simple gorgeous detail. And what creativity for recycling. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful project! Thanks for sharing and the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy weekend! Adorable LO! Congratulations Juliana!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! These are all just FABULOUS IDEAS!! =) I LOVE the challenge and just goes to show how AWESOME things can be by REUSING AND RECYCLING!! THANKS so much for sharing!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
    CONGRATS WINNER!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved how Lesley used the diecut paper on her layout - I never know what to do with them! And Jiuliana's cart is such a great idea that I'm very glad she won the prize! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way the die cut paper is layered up on the spunk layout - awesome job!
    Congrats to the reuse - recycle winner that is a fantastic project!
    Thanks for the opportunity to win some MLS and GA!
    Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Leslie's album is so adorable! Also,Jiuliana Tello did an amazing project and I loved all the details!!! She deserves to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous job to both ladies and I couldn't believe how many recycled products there were in Jiuliana's creation! Definitely a well-deserved win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love that recycled project. What a great idea. Great LO page today too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i just love my little shoebox products (and glue arts too of cours) they are sp pretty

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love to win! I've been really wanting to try your adhesives and that is a gorgeous collection of MLS products too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great layout! Love the tutorial on the crayon cart, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I did look at Jiuliana's blog, she has a lot of great ideas for crafty projects. Thanks for sharing these projects all week long.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun layout, she looks a little Spunky!!! So adorable. That little crayon car is awsome, I would love to make something like that for my grandson, thanks for the inspiration and the directions......I am recovering from back surgery and this giveaway could sure keep me creative for a while...Thanks Glue Arts for all the inspiration and fun projects and for the chance to win a faboulous prize....Happy Friday to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great idea for old pop bottles! Love it! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the projects that I've seen done with this line. Another inspirational week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute project! I would love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That LO is sooo adorable! I love how she sued the diecut paper! I am definitely going to be trying that!

    Congrats to the awesome crayon holder also! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is adorable, how very creative you are Juliana!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable layout and what a cute crayon holder! Might need to make some of those for my favourite classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I hope #44 is lucky!!!! I sure would like to win this collection!! Thank you Glue Arts..
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very spunky layout and congrats to Juliana--very clever crayon car.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cute layout! Definitely spunky! And what a great project from Juliana! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Adorable page Lesley! Juliana your project is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome projects as always...love My Little Shoebox! And that crayon car is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, did imagination go into overdrive! So incredible! thank you for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What an adorable layout! I love the colors and papers she used. I also am SO impressed by the recycled project shown. What an imagination! :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Amazing recycled project!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  47. That layout is darling and I LOVE the recycled project! Little Shoebox has been such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The LO is super cute! I like the title too, so fun. Talk about being creative with making that box. Looks like a lot of work was put into it, it looks great. Truly amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I will be scraplifting this layout. That project is amazing lots creative talent there.

    Creative Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  50. Cute layout! And I love the recyle project. Congrats Jiuliana!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great ideas today! Cute layout! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  52. Jiuliana your project is so cute! Thanks for sharing all the pics and steps to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I think Glue Arts has the most creative fans ever! We love our GA adhesive so much there isn't anything we won't use it on - Jiuliana's project is the perfect example! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. The coolest crayon box!! Cute layout!! TFS with us!!

    Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Jiuliana...This is definitely a creative way to recycle products. Congratulations and enjoy your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is such a great wagon. What a great imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Way to go ladies, beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Cute ideas! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. The crayon car is fab! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great project! What little boy wouldn't love a car like that?

    ReplyDelete
  61. The crayon wagon is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a fun idea!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Fun Fun Projects! Loving the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  64. WOW! LOVE that layout, and the Crayon holder idea is just SOOOO FLIPPING AWESOME, I just may have to make one for my grandkids. THANKS for the chance, Glue Arts and MLS! I would be HAPPY to give those goodies a NEW Home Tweet Home! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  65. LOVE the die cut idea! What an amazing layout! And the Recycled project is so creative! Thanks for sharing! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Great layout and the recycled project is awesome. So clever. Thanks for sharing.

    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Loved the layout and the recycled project is just fab! Such creative people out there! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love spunk and the ingenious tires!
    Gwendolenparmer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. what a great way to recycle! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I absolutely love that layout! The recycled crayon holder is a wonderful idea and very cute. I wish I could think like that. LOL...Thanks for the chance to win a wonderful prize package.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great crayon cart and re-use of those darn water bottles. Cart would be a super gift for an aspriing toddler artist. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Both projects are great ideas!! WTG Green!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Awesome projects!! Thanks for sharing!

    Patti
    lilbitee1971 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Very cool recycling project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Very sweet projects! Thanks for showing all the details on making them!

    ReplyDelete
  76. what an inspirational recycling project..!

    ReplyDelete
  77. More amazing creativity from you all! Thank you for the how-to's. I always learn something!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I am always amazed at all the creativity out there! This amazing and totally thinking outside the box!!! Thanks for sharing and the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing project! The creativity is overflowing. Thank you for the inspiration and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Congrats to the winner! What an adorable little cart!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Great post, I am so not that imaginative so I really admire this.

    ReplyDelete
  82. oh wow ... that crayon holder/cart - absolutely brilliant ... amazing creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a fun layout from Lesley! Love her use of the die cut paper. And I'm so loving Jiuliana's crayon box......now even more so after seeing the step by steps. WOW!

    ReplyDelete