Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hi There Miss...Messy, Messy, Messy!

Hi There Card
Designer: Leslie Ashe
Supplies:
Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac cartridge, 3D UCut It Combo Pack, Extreme Tac Mini Adhesive Squares
My Little Shoebox Home Tweet Home Collection:
Patterned Paper, Journaling Die Cuts, Cardstock Stickers, Letter Stickers
other supplies:
Jenni Bowlin (chewing gum ink), Marvy Le Pen (black ink), Fiskars (silver paint pen), bubblewrap

Instructions:
-cut patterned paper 5 x 12 inches, fold & score.
-using MLS border die cut (green bracket), trace middle onto bottom of card & out (the bottom of your card will have the same shape as the border die cut)

-take your bubble wrap (just a small square will do) & ink up the bubbles
-place bubble wrap on base of card (creating polka dots)
-place green die cut border near bottom, close to edge; trim sides.
-place the pink loop border slightly above green border, using 3D UCut it Foam:

-place oval journaling die cut to right of card, on top of pink border. Put 3D adhesive under top so it will stand slightly up, giving it more dimension.
-place "cutie" in middle, using letter stickers
-place " hi there" rigth above oval
-using 3D adhesive, place pink bird sticker to left of oval
-again..using 3D adhesive, place various flowers (cut from patterned paper) under exclamation point and as the dots to both "i's"
-using black pen, trace around letters to give more dimension
-cut green flower die cut in half and place at top right of card
-using 3D adhesive, place pink flower on top
-place tiny yellow bird (cut from patterned paper) slightly above, coming off card

here's a little closeup:




 Messy, Messy, Messy Layout
Designer: Michelle Lanning


I went through my stash old layouts a while ago and I found some photos that weren't too well represented by the layouts they were on, SO, a revamp was needed. The My Little Shoebox line was the perfect fit for this photo of my Alyson. Oh how I miss those chubby cheeks.

Supplies:Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro Perma tac
Large U-Cut it Sheet

Pattern Paper, Die Cuts - My Little Shoebox




Please put your hands together today and help me welcome today's Guest Designer...Erin Yamabe!


Erin is so sweet and fun and I was very fortunate to meet her as well at the Winter CHA! Here's a bit about Erin!!


Erin Yamabe, is a Bay Area native, and is a SAHM to two little girls, who are the main subject of her work!  She is very grateful to have discovered this amazing hobby, after the birth of her older daughter, and has not looked back since.  She is thankful to have a very supportive and understanding husband, who doesn't quite get her obsession over paper and glue.  She is active in her community, daughter's schools, and church.  As a DT Coordinator, Designer, and Teacher for My Little Shoebox, she finds her job to be challenging, fun and very fulfilling!  Her work can be found in magazines in the U.S. and in Japan.  








Thank you Erin for sharing your projects with us today and a bit about you too! Be sure to visit the My Little Shoebox blog to see more of Erin's work along with Shemaine and Pattie! And here's a link to Erin's personal blog too! Her work is so sweet!! As is she! And a new tutorial Erin has up on the MLS Blog!


Don't forget if you haven't yet....go say a big GlueArts hello to My Little Shoebox on their Facebook wall. Click to be a fan of theirs! They'll have a giveaway on Friday as well as GlueArts. So be sure to tell you friends if they're not GlueArts fans on Facebook...now is a great time!


And do leave us a comment today! We'll enter you to win the MLS Home Tweet Home collection along with our must have GlueArts Adhesives!! We'll draw one random winner next Monday!!! See you tomorrow!   

51 comments:

  1. I love the "hi" card made by your oh-so-talented guest designer :) The gathered ribbon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the card! And man, I just used my bubble wrap in the box I'm sending you. LOL Super cute idea!

    The turned up corners on the Messy Messy messy lo are super clever. Love that idea!

    Wonderful guest designer! Lot's of wonderful layering and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects..great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun! Love the messy messy messy picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable projects...every one of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. messy, messy, messy is cute, cute cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute projects!! MLS is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use bubble wrap to create dotted paper! Cute projects today!!! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Julia for having me:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love birds! I love your work, too. Just my style....

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some cute projects. Thanks for sharing Erin's work and a little bit about her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous idea about the bubble wrap! Of course, my kids pop every bubble wrap I get my hands on (still even though they are all teens). Will have to buy some and hide in my stash :) Love that layout with the messy face - I think we all have pictures like that of our little ones don't we? One of my favorites of my son is when he was eating (gumming) black licorice and he looks like he has been eating tar :) Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha ha...love that photo...been there done that too. Great projects today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bubble wrap idea! Erin's work is always fabulous and today is no exception! Thanks for always providing us with great inspiration AND a great product to adhere our projects together with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the designs and that cute little messy face!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the projects today! I miss having kids that little, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual I love all of the projects! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the projects being created here! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute photo and greast layout!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness...these are very sweet layouts... thank you Glue Arts for all the work you do to give us daily inspiration!!
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects! I'm a fan of both Glue Arts and MLS on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That Messy, Messy, Messy layout is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of fun projects...and that Messy Messy layout just cracked me up! Really loving the designer profiles. I like to know a bit about who designs these layouts and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love all the dimension on these projects and those birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What amazing Projects, Erin!
    Congrats for the GD.

    ReplyDelete
  28. There is so much eye candy, love the card and sweet layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love Erin's work, and congratulations on being a SAHM. It was the best thing I did with my kids!
    Love the bubble wrap idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice layouts. I am really into layouts as I am doing a lot of scrapbooking in 2011. TFS

    pennyspad at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  31. Erin is SO talented! I love all her projects that were shared with us today. Thanks for a chance to win a great prize, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such cute papers and elements used in these projects! Love the birdie on the card!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such adorable pages! I'd love to play with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great ideas. Love the polka dot print as a background. Cute embellishments everywhere. Hello to Erin! Love the free form collage like approach to your work. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such inspiring ideas. Time to scrap lift! Sure would love to play with these papers. Thanks for the chance :) Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an amazing variety of projects! Love them!!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful projects!! So many ideas! I love how the diecut paper was used!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this collection. Great papers.

    ReplyDelete
  39. OHHH! I just love that card--and that LO with the mess is SOOOOOO cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting here--so much inspiration! sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the projects! Love, love them!

    ReplyDelete