Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Gift for the Teacher

We're back for our second week of working with the ever so fun My Little Shoebox products.

This week we have a great mix of layouts, cards and home decor ideas for you to get you thinking about outside the box...well the cereal box that is!

Up first...Designer Lindsay Wahl made the sweetest Spring Birdhouse that would be a welcome addition to your home! And Lesley Langdon is recycling, reusing turning a household item into the cutest gift box we've seen in a while! Don't you agree??




"Beautiful Spring" Birdhouse
Designer: Lindsay Wahl



Supplies:
• Glue Arts Adhesives: 3-d combo pac, Adhesive Squares, Glue Glider Max (Perma Tac), Glue Glider Pro (High Tac)
• My Little ShoeBox “Home Tweet Home” collection
• Birdhouse
• Buttons: Doodlebug
• Die Cuts: Cricut (Accent Essentials)
• Punches: EK Success

Instructions:
1. This project will obviously vary depending on what type of birdhouse you decide to use. Begin by measuring the background paper to fit all sides and the roof of the birdhouse. This is the most tedious part, especially punching the holes. I used a 1” circle punch after measuring where the holes should go.
2. Use the Glue Glider Max to adhere all of the background and roof papers to the birdhouse.
3. Punch borders from various strips of patterned paper. Use the Glue Glider Pro to adhere these borders around the bottom of the birdhouse, as well as the roof line around the entire birdhouse. Trim as needed.
4. Die cut flower border from Accent Essentials. Use Pro to adhere it around the openings of the birdhouse.
5. Cut trees, clouds, birds and flowers from patterned paper. Use the 3-d combo pac to begin adhering these embellishments to your birdhouse. For some of the trees, I doubled up the foam adhesive to give added dimension. Use adhesive squares to adhere the buttons.
6. Add the title and enjoy!
*If this birdhouse is going to be handled quite a bit, I’d recommend using a decoupage adhesive (like Mod Podge) to seal it.*




Cereal Box Gift Holder
Designer: Lesley Langdon

I saw this idea in a magazine and thought it was an amazing idea! Instead of making your own box out of cardstock, why not take a sturdy box that was headed to recycling, cut it to size, cover it with patterned paper and dress it all up! You just need some ribbon, a hole punch and you are good to go to that PARTY! I guarantee you, these kind of gift boxes will be used over and over again. No one would want to throw them out!


Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider MAX with Perma Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts 3D UCut It Foam
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun
My Little Shoebox (Paper, Cardstock Stickers, Alphas, Die Cut Borders and Label)
May Arts Ribbon
Big Bite Crop-a-Dile by We R Memory Keepers (hole punch)



Instructions:
1. Use an old cereal box, cut off top portion with scissors, cover with My Little Shoebox patterned paper using Glue Arts Glue Glider MAX perma tac adhesive.
2. Make rolled flowers out of patterned papers by die cutting circles and scalloped circles (Spellbinders), the cutting a swirl circular pattern from the outside all the way to the center, leaving a piece of paper in the middle (size of a quarter). Start rolling from the outside in, and hot glue the flower on the bottom and cover with the quarter size remainder of paper.
3. Use the Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun to hot glue flowers to the box, creating 2 layers. Hand cut cardstock leaves, and hot glue those as well.
4. Punch holes in sides of box, string through ribbon and tie knots. Hot glue a flower to the ribbon handle.
5. Adhere borders around the box and adhere ribbon with hot glue. Attach sticker birdhouse and piece of patterned paper for the birdhouse stand.
6. For the back of the box, adhere the label with Glue Arts UCutIt 3D foam. Adhere apple sticker and alphas.




So what is your favorite My Little Shoebox line? What GlueArts product can you not live without??

We'd love to hear and we invite you to leave us a comment! We're giving away this beautiful MLS Garden Party kit along with our must have Glue Glider Pro, a refill of your choice and our indispensable 3D Combo Pac! We'll pick one random winner next Monday who will enjoy these!!

Keep crafting and remember when you need it to stick....chose GlueArts! See you tomorrow for more from our Guest Designer and amazing Glue Girls!

70 comments:

  1. LOVE the box gift holder idea!!
    I think the borders and glue glider are my faves.

    anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. the projects are DARLING!!!!!!!!! the bird house would be really fun to make with the kids, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the glue glider most but really love all your products! I love my little shoebox for the whimsy fun look it is always know to have. Love seeing the projects!!! thanks again for all the inspiration (and thanks for the chance to win!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the upcycling; I may have to dig in my recycle bin this week for a project for me! So love the MLS Home Sweet Home collection and I know I'm strange, but I've always been partial to using Glue Arts adhesive squares :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bird house is so cute. I love it. I recently bought your Glue Glider Pro and absolutely LOVE it.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Glue Glider Pro (I even posted a review about it on my blog!). My favorite MLS like would have to be City by the Bay. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the gift holder and the flowers you made! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

    Jessie G
    goodjessie at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Home Tweet Home collection for the fresh, bright and fun colour. At the moment, I use scotch adhesive most of the time for making card. I don't have any gluearts and it would be great to win one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the birdhouse. Thank you for sharing an AWESOME project! Always love the projects, they give me inspiration to create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing projects!! I am definately going to try both of them very soon. Thanks for sharing.
    Patti
    lilbitee1971 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these amazing projects , I can wait to try them out. Your glue pro glider is just a can't live without project.
    Debfoti
    Ustoleit@Comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the little bee in the Garden Party line and love the birds in the Home Tweet Home line. Great projects today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never used glue arts but would love to try their products.

    I really love the Cereal Box Gift Holder...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such adorable projects. The Garden Party kit looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, I LOVE the bird house project. I will have to do that myself! Thanks for the instructions--I LOVE birds. My favorite line just happens to be Garden Party (I am in a garden club, and love flowers big time!), and the Glue Arts product I can't live without is the 3D UCut It Foam. I need dimension in my life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great projects! My favorite MLS line (right now, anyway) is City by the Bay! Thanks for the inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Home Tweet Home collection. It is such a cute, fun collection. I love my Glue Glider. I would like to try your ribbon adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute projects! I absolutely love those rolled flowers!! I wish I had a Glue Glider, one of these days I will! :)

    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous birdhouse. Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. city by the bay is my favorite mls

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute ideas today! That birdhouse would look super cute in my mudroom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the bird house!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally love the cereal box gift holder! I will definitely be making those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such adorable projects...love them!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bring on Spring! These are perfect projects to get me started on all my Spring ideas. TFS

    pennyspad@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of these projects are extra special! I love the birdhouse, and the flowers on that gift box are so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome projects! Love all those homemade flowers! I love the glue glider and one of my favorite lines is Summer Breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOOh, that cereal box holder is simply adorable, love those rolled florals. My favorite MLS line right now is Sew Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH what cool flowers. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE LOVE LOVE the gift box!!! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome projects! I really love the "Home Tweet Home" collection and, of course, the Glue Glider Pro!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What adorable projects! I love the Home Tweet Home collection and who am I kidding...I love everything by both companies!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the recycled box! So cute! I love the paper flowers too. They are one of my favorite things to play with lately. Would love to win your prize. I need some new inspiration and love MLS!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The bird house is precious! I want to go home and pull out some things and attempt my own!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I thought the recycled gift box was a great idea. I am going to give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great projects! Love the birdhouse and the box idea. Pretty papers too! Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  37. Guauu, Both are good idea..I liked it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. i'm in love with upcycle and the cereal box! that was just brilliant!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. love those flowers, great birdhouse, such a cute project, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great projects today! You girls are amazing me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These projects are so cute! I'm pretty new to all this stuff, but would love to try out a glueglider! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My Glue Glider is running out...sure could use that refill about now! Love the new Garden Party line....beautiful projects ladies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are just the cutest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  44. FABULOUS projects ladies!!! I just love the recycled bag!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great projects! Love the glue glider!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the idea of recycling a cereal box into a gift bag! The rolled flowers are an added touch! Right now, my fav MLS line is "Home Tweet Home" and my fav glue arts product is my glue glider pro! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. What great projects. I love MLS Summer Breeze line! I have not got to use any Glue Arts yet but an coveting the Glue Glider Pro! Fingers, eyes, toes and legs all crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Okay, that pink bird house is the cutest little bird house I've ever seen & you know what I love about this idea is that it's something a child could help with as well & there is nothing more exciting than sharing creativity with your little one. I have a 4 year old little girl & she loves this stuff just as much as me. I'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  49. OHHH! What a beautiful birdhouse--and I love the idea of reusing a cereal box for a purse! LOVE!! I love anything MLS!! I love all kinds of prints and colors and papers;) THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love Lesley's clever upcycling of a cereal box with those adorable flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a darling birdhouse! I love the MLS Garden Party kit.

    ReplyDelete
  52. How fun! I am loving all the creativity I've seen on this blog. The bird house and the gift card holder from a cereal box just WOW me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful Projects!!! Thanks for the chance to win~

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the cereal/gift box! How clever :) TFS and the chance to win both Glue Arts and MLS products!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Loving all the super cute projects, especially the adorable gift bags made from cereal boxes! My favorite MLS line is Home Tweet Home, and my favorite GlueARts product is the Glue Glider Pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. The birdhouse is so sweet! I do not have any MLS products yet, but I love the Home Tweet Home line that you have used in some projects. I have a Glue Glider Pro that I have used for a lot of projects. Thanks for sharing your project ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  57. What creative projects today!! Love the little box! Will have to try making those paper flowers! I'm new to MLS, so the Home Tweet Home collection is my fav so far, and I love my Glue Glider Pro!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  58. These projects are so adorable! I can't scrap without my glue glider pro :) Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  59. The projects are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  60. The bird house is ADORABLE!! Great projects.

    erika.seever at klrd.ks.gov

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love both projects. My granddaughter would love to help make a birdhouse like that. The cereal box idea is so cute. I haven't seen that before, but want to try it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  62. I NEED this glue glider!!! I love this project, especially the rolled flowers & ribbon, & the MLS line!! Thanks for the chance to win!!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like the journaling die cuts from MLS and the ribbon adhesive from Glue Arts. Great job Leslie with the gift holder (I just through one away yesterday).

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm in awe.... the birdhouse is stunning, I love it! I love Glue Arts because your adhesive is just the BOMB!!! And, I love how MLYB is so whimsy & fun!

    Thank you so much for sharing & the chance to win!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. The cereal gift box is so creative and so stunning! I love MLS Oasis and Harmony lines, and I of course love the Glue Glider, the more adhesive, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow!!! What amazing projects! I love the MLS Cute as a Button line... well, I love ALL the lines but you MADE me choose, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I so wish I could do a birdhouse like that.. but I don't have the right adheasives.. So pick me!!!!! ;) Love Lesley's flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. You do an amazing job here, Julia! All of us at My Little Shoebox appreciate all you do!

    ReplyDelete