Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Dress Up Your Lampshade!!

So....are you a Recycler?

Do you have a hard time throwing things out?

Do you often find yourself thinking of new ways to use an old item around your home?

Well then you need to join us in Glue Arts first challenge!

First though....let's share a new project today to inspire you to join in and craft along with us!!!

Button Up Your Lampshade in 3 easy steps!
Designer: Cheri Wenger

Supplies:
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
Assorted Button Shapes and Sizes to layer & coordinate with your color scheme
Old Lamp Shade in need of some dressing up

Designer Note: You know we Glue Girls love to provide inspiration to you, but we also look for inspiration from others as well. This "makeover" home craft was inspired by a project I saw a few years back on Better Homes and Gardens website. It immediately made me think of my daughter’s lamp which although modern and neutral, needed some excitement added to it to liven it up for her tropical beachy bedroom.



Lamp Shade "Before Instructions (Create in 30 minutes or less)

1. Lay out all the buttons you purchased for the project on a sheet of paper and start stacking and pairing them up. Once you’ve decided on the layering, attach the top buttons to the bottom ones using Extreme Adhesive Squares."


2. Start adding buttons to lamp shade, turning as you go and making sure you have a good balance of color and sizes. If you just lightly place them onto the shade, you should be able to remove and reposition. 



3. Once you are happy with positioning of all the buttons, press firmly onto the shade supporting it with your hand on the inside of the shade.


Designer’s Tip: You can use some of the other amazing Glue Arts adhesives, i.e. Ribbon Adhesive to add ribbons, fringe, ric rac and trims to dress up even further. Or if you are a bling girl, use micro extreme adhesive squares to add rhinestones, pearls or metal charms. My daughter was happy with just the buttons so I left it at that. Don't tell her, but I may go back when she’s asleep and add some raffia fringe around the bottom with my Glue Arts hot glue gun. Shhh!








We're excited to invite you our GlueArts fans to join us in this challenge during National Craft Month!!! It's the perfect time to craft, repurpose and enter for a chance to win some amazing products. Here's the details:
GlueArts invites crafters to celebrate National Craft Month by submitting an original crafted project using recycled, repurposed or reusable items and at least one GlueArts product for a chance to win a prize package worth $250.


Projects must contain at least one recycled, repurposed or reusable item and at least one GlueArts product (see products at www.gluearts.com).  Submissions must include a photo and a description of project.  Contestants should include a photo on the description page (contestant names should not appear on photos). Descriptions must include a materials list and how the GlueArts product(s) was used.   Project photos must include the GlueArts product that was used.  


All project photos and descriptions must be submitted by March 18 to gluegirl@gluearts.com.

We have an amazing prize package (valued at over $250!) we will be giving out to a lucky winner! Products from Wescott, Hero Arts, Provo Craft, GlueArts and Plaid!! 
We look forward to receiving your submission!!!! And last today before you go if you would please take a moment to answer our product poll on the top left side of the blog. We'd like to get your feedback on how you like the Adhesive Squares. We currently have the product set so that the adhesive is on the outside of the roll....facing out. This allows you the ease of just applying the adhesive to paper, embellishments and such without having to unroll the roll. We though would like your input on what you prefer...or does it even matter. Leave us a comment today letting us know you've cast a vote, and please feel free to add any additional comments regarding your preference. We'll pick a random winner Monday to receive our Extreme Adhesive Squares & Mini Squares and our PermaTac  Adhesive Squares!!

Be sure to visit our Facebook page today for chances to win GlueArts products that you can use on those submissions! We'll see you there!!!


  

41 comments:

  1. I voted! I prefer the way they are now! It's easy to apply the squares this way! Cute lampshade with the buttons!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lampshade. Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also prefer them now...It works...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voted...your products are terrific just the way they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED it when on the sample they were on the inside of the roll. I thought I had somehow unwrapped it wrong when they were on the outside of the big one. So I voted inside! :) Either way though, the product is FABULOUS! And I can't craft without it!

    Gorgeous work on that lampshade! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for inside, so that I won't have to rip off the packaging covers to get to them. I'd much rather unroll the roll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted!

    Super cute lampshade! Great way to use up buttons! Thanks for sharing:)

    sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the adhesives on the INSIDE of the roll. I can leave the roll on my desk and not be concerned that the adhesives will adhere accidently to something.
    BTW, cute lampshade! LC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for inside. It works better on my desk that way

    ReplyDelete
  10. cast a vote, love the shade, would love to find a home for this! will have to try in a different color scheme

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the lampshade. What a great idea to dress up my Granddaugthers bedroom. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I voted! Love this lampshade too. What a great addition to a little girl's room. Although I would be happy to have it in my room too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lamp shade....so cute and modern. Also like the adhesive on the inside. Seems like that is the preference of many!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got my vote!!!

    And fun idea with the lampshade!

    -Tifany DeGough
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. just voted! (doesn't matter)

    love the idea of the lampshade with buttons, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I voted! I'm also determined to get a recycled itme in for the challenge!! LOVE this challenge. thanks for a chance to win!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Love the lampshade.. I like it the way it is..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Inside! I just find it less awkward, because that is what I am used to using :) Love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the lampshade! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute is that! Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I voted! Thanks for the chance to win some great GlueArts products! GlueArts Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cast my vote. Your lamp shade has me thinking of lots of possibilities! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I voted! These lampshades are a great idea. Thank you! I prefer the adhesive on the inside. Thanks for the chances.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I voted and I LOVE them just the way they are!!Have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I voted! :) I think I like things facing in, so they don't get all attached to the box. But until I try them I won't know for sure...just thinking a little.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Voted. Thanks for a chance to give some input and win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I voted..inside please. Just the way I'm used to doing it, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like adhesive products that face in. That way I never have to worry about the squares sticking to anything or keeping extra used backing on the outside. I'd also love it if all of your rolled adhesives had easy-to-remove papers on the end of the spools. I store my spooled adhesive on a dowel and when I remove the papers at the ends, the roll looks very messy. Since it is mounted vertically and sits on my table, whichever adhesive is used most sits on tip, usually a Glue Arts product, and I don't love the look of a spool with bits of cardboard left over.

    ReplyDelete
  29. cute cute idea!
    and glue gliders so rock!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the lampshade, really bold and bright and I bet looks wonderful with the light on.
    I voted.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I voted. I would rather have the adhesive on the inside - cause, when I get to scrapping, it looks like a tornado came through the studio, and I am afraid it would stick to too many things that it shouldn't!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  32. Voted.. Think they are great just the way they are!

    ReplyDelete
  33. current way is my vote. Would the product not stay more moist if wrapped, rather than exposed?

    ava

    ReplyDelete
  34. current way was my vote too. Need to get to the big store 125 miles away to get them though. Maybe I just need another crafty road trip !

    ReplyDelete
  35. I voted and it doesn't really matter which way they are.
    Debbie
    debbie_craine@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I voted and it doesn't really matter which way they are.

    Great to see a challenge hosted here. I would love to participate but don't own any Glue Arts products yet. So may be next time.

    ReplyDelete
  37. i voted! and it doesn't really matter to be either! thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great idea. I am going to be looking at my lampshades now.

    ReplyDelete