Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Celebrate with a Spring Canvas!

Hello Thursday!

It's been such an amazing week of projects showcasing GlueArts and My Little Shoebox!

Today is no exception!

Designers Patti Milazzo and Cheri Wenger both have just what you need! A sweet spring canvas and card! Make the canvas and card and give these to someone special!!
Spring Canvas
Designer: Patti Milazzo 

Tip: As I work on projects and cut up my U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam, I often have small pieces left over. Instead of discarding even the smallest pieces, I’ll place them into one of the 3 Pack Cartridge containers that I’ve kept…they’re great for storage! Then on my next project, I’ll look through my container for the foam size that I need before cutting a new sheet.

Supplies: 
Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro with
1/4 Perma Tac Cartridge Refill - Pro
3D Combo Pac – U Cut It
Extreme Micro Squares
My Little Shoebox:
Home Tweet Home Pattern Paper – Birds of a Feather, A Place to Nest, Cotton Candy, Out on a Limb and Birdhouse
Home Tweet Home Cardstock Stickers
Other: 8” x 10” canvas, glitter glue and buttons



Instructions:
1. Cut pattern paper to cover canvas. Distress edges and use Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive to apply paper to canvas.
2. Cut blocks of pattern paper to segment the paper covered surface of the canvas. I knew that I wanted to use the branch and tree stickers so I created those blocks first. I then cut a block to fit the journal shape and filled in the rest of the space as needed.

3. Cut pattern paper to be framed by each of the blocked paper pieces. Then apply stickers or images cut from pattern paper. Add stitching if you wish. Use Glue Arts U-Cut-It Adhesive foam to layer these pieces and create a dimension.
4. Use Extreme Micro Squares to attach buttons or other dimensional accents.
5. Apply glitter glue for a little extra sparkle to complete.



Spring Branch Card
Designer: Cheri Wenger

Supplies:
Adhesive: Glue Arts’ Glue Glider™ Pro with High Tac Adhesive and Micro Adhesive Squares
Cardstock: (The Paper Co.) 8-1/2” x 11” Mustard CS; (My Little Shoebox) Home Tweet Home Collection: A Place to Nest and Bird House CS
Cutters & Punches: (EK Success) PSN LE Circles; (Fiskars) Paper and scissors
Stickers: (My Little Shoebox) Home Tweet Home Cardstock Stickers
Ribbon: (May Arts)
Flowers: (Prima) Very Orange “Iced Got Flowers?”
Other Supplies: (Recollections) Small Adhesive Pearls and small red button

Instructions:
1.  Cut mustard cardstock in half to make card. Score and fold in half.
2.  Cut Bird House Cloud pattern CS to 5-1/4” x 2-15/16”. Apply two rows of high tac adhesive along bottom of CS and wrap green ribbon around back, securing with a few micro adhesive squares.
3.  Cut 5-1/4” x 2” piece of striped CS with stripes running horizontally. Punch circle border and attach a piece of white CS to back side to cover up the holes. Save some of the punched out striped circles for later use. Attach this panel to the back side of ribbon wrapped panel using Glue Glider™ Pro with high tac adhesive. Attach those panels to card front.
4.  Peel off clouds and branch sticker and apply all to top portion of card. Birdhouses will hang over top of ribbon. Add small yellow bird stickers. Trim end of branch even with right side of card.
5. Attach dotted daisy flower to middle circle using mini adhesive squares. Layer striped punched circle and red button on top using mini adhesive squares.
6. Add tiny flowers with mini adhesive squares on top of branch sticker. Place adhesive pearls in the centers. 




We invite you to take time to visit My Little Shoebox and their fantastic blog! And if you leave us a comment today...we'll enter you to win this beautiful MLS Garden Party kit along with our must have Glue Glider Pro, a refill of your choice and our indispensable 3D Combo Pac! We'll pick one random winner next Monday who will enjoy these!!



Have a great day....we'll see you right back here tomorrow!!



62 comments:

  1. What a beautiful canvas!!! So Happy and the card is adorable!!!

    Thanks for sharing the How To's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! ...and I have never heard of the U-Cut-It Foam. I'll have to make sure I get some, seems like a need little things to have to add dimension! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to make a spring canvas--so cute and so is the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great canvas! Love all the dimension!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love all of the projects! I LOVE the U-Cut and NEED more! :) Thanks for the inspiration... now, where'd I put those MLS papers... I need to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this really brightened up my snowy spring day here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those are SO cute! I love all of them- colors, patterns, layers... all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such Springy and Happy Projects
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them! So cool how the dimentional adhesive adds so much interest.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. despite the cold temps, spring IS here but hiding...def need to make some spring canvases to make it warmer! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That canvas is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the spring canvas! Card is awesome too...enjoyed all the MLS projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very cute. I love this canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Come on Spring!

    Kelan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous projects! I am definitely going to have to try this canvas idea - I have lots of canvases that I use for painting on (I thought that was all they were used for :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Spring Canvas is a wonderful idea! I'm feeling inspired to create my own :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute...love any bird theme anything right now...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this project. Spring is my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful, Springy canvas! I never think to use my papers on decorations, but projects like these all turn out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great idea to give a "spring lift" to my home decorating without spending a ton of money. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! I love the birdies--and that canvas is so pretty! THANKS for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards and projects! Lots of neat ideas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS PROJECTS!! Loving the ideas this week!
    Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved both of these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the projects and the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those colors are so darn yummy!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another set of fabulous projects! So spring!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both the canvas and greeting card are beautiful projects. Thank you for the easy to follow "how-to's".

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE the canvas! I've been making a few lately, too. C'mon spring! (We're expecting a Nor'easter tomorrow and up to a foot of snow!) Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the projects and the instructions! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful projects and great tips! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE it!!! Your blog is fantastic--I love all the projects-keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my gosh, those images are So cute! Wouldn't those canvases be darling in a child's room?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the 3D dimension on the canvas! TFS and a chance to win!

    rpcrafter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Besides loving the Springtime theme, I love the dimension, especially one tree behind the other. Simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great canvas and card! Thanks for sharing them with us today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is adorable! I have to do some seasonal canvases like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved the project. I would love to do the canvas in all the seasons. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both cards are so very cute. Nice job!! Is that brown strip with leaves on it ribbon? Where did you get it, if so...

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm so loving these projects today. The canvas is so cheery and love the cards, am a favourite of bird houses, so what's not to like!! Great job on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I simply adore todays post, so bright and spring!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Simply adorable! I love the Garden Party Collection, so cute!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are so adorable! Love their products though this is the first time seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  45. So adorable, adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Those are so cute, I love the birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The canvas is such a great idea. Think I will make one for my scrap room. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  48. yes i can so relate......lol....thanks for this cute project..love it...why did i not think of this before now........

    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the idea of creating a canvas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Another day of gorgeous projects and fabulous inspiration!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Super cute! Thanks for the inspiration and a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  52. These projects are beautiful they make me think of a gorgeous Spring day! Absolutely love the colors.



    debz831 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really enjoy making canvas with my kids!
    This time we did it in our Buenos Aires apartments and they were better than the ones we did at home!

    ReplyDelete