Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Tote Bag and Treat Container!

Hi Glue Arts Fans!


Can you believe we are at the end of our week with May Arts?!


It's truly been a special week filled with inspiring crafts all using May Arts Valentine themed ribbons and of course....Glue Arts outstanding line up of adhesives!


Today we're going out with a bang(is there any other way?!) Designer Cheri Wenger shows how to recycle and reuse our Glue Glider Pro 3-Pack Cartridge Refill container! Love that! And we've got a Valentine Tote Bag craft that is Kid Friendly and Mom Friendly too!!    
   
May Arts Valentine Container
Designer: Cheri Wenger

Supplies:

Container: Glue Arts clear packaging from 3-pack of adhesive refills
Ribbons: May Arts (rose satin, gingham, fushia satin hearts & red diecut hearts)
Embellishments & Papers: Little Yellow Bicycle
Adhesives: Glue Arts Extreme Micro Adhesive Squares and Adhesive Squares [or Extreme Adhesive Squares]
Punch: Fiskars Rectangle handheld punch
Button: Stampin’ Up!® (substitute your choice of button/mfr.)



Designer Tip: Let me show you how to repurpose Glue Arts 3-pack of adhesive refills packaging into an eco-minded, sweet treats container!
Instructions:
1. Cut 18" piece of rose satin ribbon. Apply micro extreme adhesive squares around the middle section of the container placing one on each corner and in the middle of each of the 4 sides. 

2. Attach ribbon on top of squares starting in the middle of the short side and wrapping around until ends overlap. Trim excess and place 2 micro extreme adhesive squares on the end of the ribbon to secure.
3. Trim fuschia puffy satin heart ribbon to length that will wrap around the complete container with sligt overlap. Attach micro extreme adhesive squares randomly on the back of hearts to attach ribbon below the rose ribbon.
4. Make a bow from rose ribbon with V cuts on the ribbon ends. Use extreme adhesive squares to attach over top of the seams at the short end of the container. Add scallop circle embellishment on top of bow using an extreme adhesive square to reinforce adhesive before attaching.
5. Cut piece of rose ribbon and wrap through diecut triangle and knot bow on top of container. Cut V-slits in ends of ribbon.
6. Apply Happy Valentine’s Day sticker strips to top of container along with the adhesive circle with rhinestone heart.
7. Use micro extreme adhesive squares to coil ribbon into flower and secure end. This will become the center of your flower for top of container. Set aside for now.

8. Arrange 7-8 flower petals in the shape of a flower on top bottom end of container. Use adhesive squares to layer petals on top of one another and attach to the container. Add gingham ribbon flower on top of flower petals using extreme adhesive squares on back side. Finish off with decorative button attached using an extreme adhesive square.
9. Randomly place tiny sprinkles epoxy stickers to top of the container to finish.
10. Cut 2" x 3" piece of patterned cardstock. Hole punch in top right corner with rectangle punch. Embellish with sprinkles and cupcake sticker. Tie around top ribbon using red diecut hearts ribbon.


Valentine Canvas Tote Bag
Designer: Julia Sandvoss 
**Kid Friendly Craft!

Supplies:
Canvas Tote (Hobby Lobby)
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro FabricBond and Extreme Adhesive Micro Squares (www.GlueArts.com)
May Arts Ribbons (www.MayArts.com)
Creatology Felt Ric Rac and Hearts (Michael’s Stores)
Sizzix Big Shot Die Cut Machine: Heart Layers and Border Scallop Dies (www.Sizzix.com)
Pink Felt
Iron

1) Use the Sizzix Big Shot to cut the scallop border from pink felt. (Wool felt is easier to work with if you can find that. You can hand cut the shape as well) Apply Glue Arts Fabric Bond to the backside of your felt. Iron onto the canvas bag to heat the adhesive and bond onto the bag.  

Tip: to make this child friendly…use the Extreme Adhesive Squares in the full size and apply the squares to the backside of the felt and then adhere to the bag. The Extreme Squares are designed to adhere to fabric, canvas and more!

2) Repeat Step 1 for the additional ribbons and trims.
3) Use the Sizzix Big Shot to cut the layered hearts. Add some Fabric Bond to the center of the heart. Then hand stitch the hearts together.  

Tip: These can also be sewn with a sewing machine. For kids use DMC Floss for a fun look as well.  


4) Adhere felt heart to bag with Extreme Adhesive Squares. Add additional felt hearts.
5) Tie a ribbon around the handle. Use the Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares to hold the ribbon tails in place on the bag.

Tip: If you do not have access to a diecut machine hand cut your shapes. Also this bag would be fun to personalize with a child’s name, Grandparents, special teacher! And best…this bag took just minutes to make and will be a favorite for years to come.


So...you know the drill....we're giving away goodies from both May Arts and Glue Arts and they're both essential to crafters! (well we think so!!) 
Simply leave us a comment today and we'll enter you to win this fantastic selection of May Arts ribbons plus our must have line-up of products...a Glue Glider Pro, Ribbon Adhesive and our Adhesive Squares! 

And before you go...speaking of multi-packs...have we got a promotion for you...simply purchase a Glue Glider Pro multi-pack, place a PRO Handle in your cart and receive that PRO Handle for Free! Yes...free! Visit our Glue Arts Website to shop and take advantage of this Sweetheart of a Sale!





130 comments:

  1. Love the treat box, especially the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reuse! yeah, I like that. Decorating totes is always a fun way to dress up a gift you are giving to a friend.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of today's projects! What a great way to reuse packaging! I have a bunch of little canvas totes and now I know what to do with them! Thanks for a great week full of inspiration! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects... Love the tote bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to recycle! Cheri made that container look FABULOUS! So creative! And the tote bag is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project! Great flower tutorial. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love projects that reuse! The container idea is just great! And a cute tote too! Thanks for a wonderful week of projects with you and May Arts!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the tote. Using the same Idea, you could make borders for custom curtains for a child's room, without having the big store price, but with the satisfaction you did it yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to recycle and this container is such a cute way to do it and wouldn't that tote be the prettist at the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects!

    Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects - granddaughter would LOVE making that tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the recycling idea!! So cute.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the treat container, never thought to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of upcycling plastic boxes. This one is so cute! Also love the tote bag. And I can see swapping the hearts for another design and it's a whole new bag.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a tote bag-aholic...love how you dressed that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the Recycling IDEAS! TO COOL!! TFS!! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love upcycling things!!

    I have little containers all over the place. My husband is forever poking fun at me. If he is cleaning up a lil box/container that I think I can use (like the chocolate box he tried to throw away 2 days ago) & I ask him to save it for me he laughs, saying, "BUT ITS SUCH A WONDERFUL LITTLE BOX"

    Great Ideas, thank you for sharing. I sure wish our taxes would come in already, lol. I have some adhesive to buy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has been such a fun week with great projects! I love all the beautiful ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Valentine container - great way to recycle!!! And the tote bag is just too cute!!! Thanks for the wonderful ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bag is such a great idea, along with recycling the acrylic box...! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love that TREAT box, I have been saving my multi PAC containers, knowing someday either me or someone would come up with something to make out of them, they are just too useful to throw away!!! Save all my hard plastic, one never knows!! Now to come up with something that we can use the plastic reels that May Arts Ribbon comes on and we are set!!!
    Would love to win this ribbon, would be just the pick me up I need after all we have been through in the last few weeks, and it is going to warm up!!! Yeah, will be crafting all weekend!!
    Thanks May Arts and Glue Arts

    Have to go purchase a multi pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the Valentine container and the tote bag is a great idea for kids to make and personalise.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such sweet projects and upcycling is always great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love recycling projects, especially those that provide an excuse to buy more adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun to use a recycle product. I am all for that. Don't you love how a crafters mind works?
    Thanks for the fun ideas and for all the inspiration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. cute projects! I think even I can do these! lol. Love seeing what you guys post everyday, so many creative ideas. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the little box, the flower is cool! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks for sharing the wonderful projects. everyday makes me smile! inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  29. amazing ideas that have been shown here all week! love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't know what happened to my comment - it suddenly disappeared and I don't see it on your blog so if I end up with 2 please forgive me - it was not intentional. I love to re-use packaging - even little containers end up in my craft room to be filled with little goodies. I also love totes - all sizes! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration. As for the sale, I do not yet own a Glue Glider so I need to win one :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are amazing! I love the tote.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything is so cute. I use tote bags for all my shopping. I keep them in my car so I always have them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great way to reuse that box! I love that glue arts recycles, and reuses!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love those projects. That tote bag rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both of these projects today...because I love to reuse packaging and I have an addiction to cute totes!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really love the upcycling of the refill package! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the treat box and the bag!!!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Super projects...I LOVE to recycle and that packaging is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That treat box and card are great!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Holy Moly!!! How amazing to reuse the Glue Arts packaging for gift giving!!! Something we all have! I can't wait to get started. Your DT is the best, most creative DT out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love Love that little recycled container!! So cute. Very creative projects!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great way to upcycle! Love that idea, it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What an awesome idea for reusing containers, love it! I love the tote also.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fabulous ideas and a great prize! Thanks for the chance! It's been a week packed with terrific tips and projects! May Arts and Glue Arts make a great combination!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the reuse idea. I have ton of little cups and tops I use to hold liquids whenI am crafting I am gonna have to break the moujt and play with them too! My Glue Glider Pro is my fav tool of all times. And the ideas used on the tote bag are great I sometimes forget my Bick Kick becuase I use my Cricket so much. I will be breakign the old girl out more now! Thank you for the wonderful products and ideas as always!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have seen containers like these with lettuce in them at the store...you could also use one of those to make more of these if you want. I love the idea and it is super cute. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a great creative way to reuse packaging. Both of these projects are very cute, one is a great reuse and the other very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  48. LOOOOOOOOVE this idea of reusing packaging!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that treat box:)

    ReplyDelete
  49. You guys rock! I love the Valentine box. Reduce, reuse, recycle, repurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fab idea, I love re-purposing these containers -they really are handy for so many things. The May Arts ribbons really are the perfect touch on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  51. thanks for the fun projects this week. So many great projects a with a fun use for ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for the great ideas...re-use! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is such a cute idea and I love that it recyles. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love that you recycled the packaging! And the tote bag is so adorable! Thanks for posting such wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great projects! Cool recycle project but Julia's adorable tote really caught my eye :) Wonderful job, designers!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I have wanted one for a while and I so want a glue glider now even if it's just to get the cool containers the refills come in I think this is your best project yet. I love people who recycle /reuse things. and that cute bag is adorable. you girls rock

    ReplyDelete
  57. I just love the idea of recyle, go green! And the tote bag is adorable. This would make a great v-day gift for my lil niece, oh and who would not want a glue glider.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Terrific way to end the wk...the projects are just adorable...thanks for the chances to win!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Green crafting!!! Love it! Thanks for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the projects, thanks for great ideas and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love all the ideas! Sure would love to test drive a Glue Glider too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love to reuse and recycle, thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow!!! How creative!!! These are very nice projects!
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  64. Tina M
    These projects are great, thank you for sharing! Would love to win the giveaway, could use some new adhesive and ribbon always! Thanks for the chances.
    st_mccall@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Wow, great projects! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the little box! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  67. i love the recycled box thats awesome. we are saving the planet 1 crafter at a time :) i hope i would win some of those ribbons so i can try them out they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Fun projects, they did a lovely job on them. Really love the treat box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Gorgeous and fun projects!!
    Love them both!!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. That tote bag would be a great teacher gift!

    ReplyDelete
  71. That tote is so cute! And the treat packaging is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Can't wait to get my Adhestive to re-use the packaging...thanks for the awesome tips on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  73. The tote bag was gorgeous! I would love to be able to reuse the packaging on my new Glue Glider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great projects. Love the recycled container and the tote is so cute. Great that it is kid friendly and easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Just feeling the love...wonderful love...love that!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Thanks for the great tips. Love to repurpose anything. Gives it new life and will help the planet stay green. wahooo! I need some green right now, all I have seen is white snow since Christmas, but who's counting? Ha Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love that pencil can in the other post, but I am really loving the repurposed package container. Hmmm that could be done with those plastic baby food containers too!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Fabulous container...that bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love both the projects but my favorite is the recycled box...and to think I threw one away a few weeks ago!!! It is so very clever!!!
    Diana B.
    crb underscore deb at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  80. Great projects. I am especially drawn to the treat box (the first project) but I also have a ton of those tote bags that could use a make over. What gorgeous ribbon you have chosen for the give away...although I don't think you can go wrong with any of the May Arts ribbon or the Glue Arts glue glider products

    ReplyDelete
  81. Great Projects~ Esp the treat box, love the flower on top. Love Glue Arts adhesives~my fav.

    Fingers crossed to see my name one of these times...

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love both those projects. I would not have thought of re purposing my glue boxes, I have been cutting them up to use them flat, thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a great way of reusing that plastic box! Awesome! Aslo love that tote. Gorgeous ribbons. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  84. Love the tote bag the most, but great ideas for re-purposing plastic containers. Your products are great. Thanks for the chance to win some candy today.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I love love love ribbon weeks-they are certainly some of my favorite projects.Thank you and May Arts for all the glorious inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Thanks for inspiration with the ribbon...want to try all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Love these projects as well, the canvas bag looks great and also love being able to use the container the tape refills come in, been holding onto those hoping to come up with something for them!!! And now I have found something, thanks to you and your products!!!
    Wonderful adhesive, and with May Arts ribbon, great Marriage of products!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  88. Love these projects today. I am always looking for ways to be "green". Reusing the packaging is so clever. I also like the cute bag. Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  89. i esp love the May Arts valentine container!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Oh me me me me!!!! I want to win the ribbon!!!!! Pick me, pick me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Oh, I love the bag! I'd use that year round for sure. Those ribbons are devine. Thanks, ms.cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  92. all great projects, i like the bag the best, but the decorated container is the most useful!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Great recycling, with the container, and I love the bag. Thanks for the chance to win.
    Hugs,
    Melissa D
    www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. Great products and project. I would love to win.
    lnlwhitt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  95. Oh I love the treat box! Exciting to see who will win all the goodies ! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  96. awesome projects! thanks for the ideas and the great prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  97. You guys rule with the projects on here! I can always count on finding something that I can make when I don't know what I want to do. I love the ribbon wreath and Glue Arts product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Love repurposed projects and pretty ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I came from Facebook! I LOVE all the projects that were posted this week! BUT, my mostest favest is DEFINITELY the Recycled Treat Container!! SO INGENIOUS!! Thanks for teaming up with May Arts! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    Kim Johnson Martin on facebook
    kimnsammy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  100. Great projects...really like the valentines box with the beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Nice projects I love ribbon so thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  102. I love how you reused the container.. it's so pretty. love all the ribbon and flowers as well. thanks for sharing a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Glue Arts and May Arts ribbon a perfect combo. I love the projects and can't wait to get my hands on these ribbons simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  104. Thanks for showing us all of these great projects with May Arts ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  105. I can not wait to play tomorrow afternoon and make a few of these for family members. Glue Arts and May Arts are the best combo!

    ReplyDelete
  106. The May Arts ribbons are really cute, the ideas are great too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  107. What wonderful projects!! I may have to try making that bag with my daughter....she would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Love the tote bag! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    Meredith
    mcshupe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  109. Love the recycled container so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  110. I like that tote bag! Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Super cute. That box looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Love the recylced package and the tote bag! Both are super cute projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  113. I am crazy about tote bags and yours is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  114. Cheri, I think this is a beautiful project, I really love how you created that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Great products and I love the container and the tote is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  116. I love the tote and that my little crafter can help too!

    ReplyDelete
  117. Almost missed the party. love the tote. love my glue runner need some refills hope I win!
    mbchoj at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  118. I love the canvas bag! I have a blank one that needs decorating!

    sandyh502001 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete