Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Valentine Hearts and Key Fobs!!


That's a funny combination...hearts and key fobs.

However when you put creative minds to work with essentially the same products...you get such diverse and crafty creations!

Designer Danielle Flanders is the creative mind behind the beautiful Ribbon Key Fobs...that we know you're going to recreate and Linda Albrecht makes a simple Styrofoam ball, heart punches and ribbons look unbelievably elegant...don't you agree?!





Ribbon Key Fobs
Designer: Danielle Flanders


Supplies:

May Arts ribbons
Fabric Bond by Glue Arts
Buttons: Papertrey Ink
Other: key chain rings, pinking shears, iron, floss and a needle.

Instructions:

1. Cut length of ribbon 8" long. Trim both ends with pinking shears to avoid the ribbon coming apart.

2. Fold bottom end up 1 inch to create a loop. Insert key chain ring. Apply Fabric Bond at the end of the ribbon to hold the loop. Iron until fused.

3. Fold top of the ribbon all the way down. Fuse with Fabric Bond about an inch from the end. Add a stitch if you feel it's necessary. Stitch on button.





Valentine Heart Balls
Designer: Linda Albrecht


Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with High Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts Mini Hot Glue Gun and sticks
May Arts Ribbon- 1" Sheer Red Tinsel Edge Ribbon, 1.5" Croche with Pink Velvet Ribbon and 3/8" Sheer with Red Hearts Ribbon
Heart shaped Paper Punch (samples made with a Martha Stewart punch)
12x12" Scrapbook paper- Pink by Fancy Pants "Love Birds" Collection, Off White by Basic Grey "Nook & Pantry" Collection
4" Styrofoam balls with smooth surface
Sequin stick pins
Sandpaper for distressing paper hearts



Instructions:
1. Gather your supplies (paper, heart punch, sequin pins, 4" styrofoam ball, ribbons, and Glue Arts High Tac Adhesive.

2. Punch out hearts from desired patterned or solid paper. I used almost a whole piece of 12x12" patterned paper to cover each 4" ball.
3. Apply High Tac Adhesive to the top arches of a heart and place it on the styrofoam ball then stick a pin into the center. Repeat this for each heart.

4. Once the entire ball is covered in paper hearts, use sandpaper to lightly distress the edges of the hearts if desired, wrap a piece of ribbon around the circumference of the ball and use High Tac Adhesive to hold the ends in place.
5. To make a rose from sheer red May Arts ribbon, begin by folding the sheer 1" ribbon in half then roll about 1" of the end and adhere in place with a small dab of hot glue.

6. Adhere the rolled end to the ball, covering the ribbon ends that are wrapped around the circumference of the ball.
7. Continue to twist and roll ribbon around the outside of the rolled end that you started with, using hot glue at random to hold in place on the ball.

8. Use hot glue to finish the rose and tuck under the previous "petals" once you have achieved the desired size of the rose.
9. Make more Valentine heart balls because they are so fun! ;-)



It's Tuesday and that means Day Two of our partnership with May Arts! May Arts truly has an amazing selection of ribbons and trims...and we're so fortunate to partner with them!

Be sure to take a moment to leave us a comment! We'll enter you to win this collection of May Arts ribbons...

and of course you must have Glue Arts products to use with those ribbons!! So we'll also include a Glue Glider Pro, our Ribbon Adhesive (that we know you'll love!!) and our Adhesive Squares!!

Simply leave us a comment and next Monday we'll pick a random winner who will receive these goodies! And speaking of winners...in our hustle and bustle yesterday we realize we did not announce last week's winner for the Shabby Chic Crafts products! That winner is:
CheckerBeads said...


beautiful! I was looking for ideas for adding twine, thanks!


Anne


Congrats Anne! Please email us at Gluegirl@gluearts.com with your info! 

And today for something special...be sure to visit not only the May Arts blog for more ideas but we'd like to ask all of our Glue Arts fans to go say a BIG HELLO to May Arts on their Facebook Wall! Let them know Glue Arts sent you. We have a feeling someone will be rewarded for doing this!!

Don't forget to check out our big announcement...Glue Arts First Design Team Call. Click on the tab above for more info or visit our Events Tab on our Facebook page!


91 comments:

  1. Love the key fobs...such a great idea, and the heart balls are so cute, I can see a glass jar full of those sitting on my seasonal table. Looking forward to seeing more projects and getting some more ideas from Glue Arts and May Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the key fobs and the heart balls! They are so elegant! Love! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea for the key fobs! And the Heart Balls are just perfect!
    Congrats Anne!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects--very unusual

    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome projects! I especially like those cute key fobs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must make one of those key fobs! Those are so cool! Keep the great ideas coming! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. key fobs and heart balls, love them! and I love glue arts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The key fobs are great!! I always love your unique projects.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the key fobs and the Valentine's ball are swett too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute heart balls-look very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, these are some really cute ideas! Love them! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok I am in serious lust nwith those valentine balls! I have been making some but those have some major wow fctor to them and I GOTTA have some like them and by tomorrow!!!! So we know what I am gonna be up to tonight when the kids go to bed :) And the fobs are so cute...I would not have guessed they were so easy....I need one of those too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects! I love the ribbon rose and I can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Valentine Heart Balls and those sweet rolled roses! And the key fobs are very pretty. Great combo: May Arts and Glue Arts!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really like those fobs. So useful for a busy mom with no hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know I am repeating myself but I can't help it...Glue Arts has the best DT there is! I love BOTH of todays projects and will be making them both. The balls are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Key Fobs Danielle designed! super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now thats a great Idea, time to wax/foil up the ol' heart punch! Thank you for the give away, the ribbon is beautiful, I really need to replenish my supply!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember making the sequin & beaded fruit as a child...sort of like those balls, but not quite as elegant. lol Those ribbons are gorgeous!!
    Sandy sandyparpart at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the key fobs! What a fantastic idea! I'm inspired.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the decorated balls, those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with all this beautiful ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I first saw the heart balls, I thought they were yummy
    scoops of ice cream! The ribbon key fobs are so different and
    so cute! Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great projects today! I love them both. The key fobs are fabulous but I would want to laminate them so I did not get that beautiful ribbon all grungy :) I am a ribbon lover thru and thru!

    ReplyDelete
  25. those key fobs are gorgeous!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really like those key fobs! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now I know what to do with the leftover styrofoam balls from an indoor snowball fight. Thanks for the great idea!! Also, love the key fobs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great ideas for things to make with ribbon and paper besides just cards and layouts. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those key fobs are fabulous. I love the heart balls. What great projects. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the instructions for the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those ribbon roses are beautiful...looking in my stash and I have nothing close to that ribbon to do those :( Looks like a trip to the craft store for me tomorrow
    Michelle in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  32. Interesting projects today!! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. OH MY! These projects are beautiful! LOOOOOOVE those key fobs--clever! And shabby:) I also love love love that ball! SO beautiful:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW!! You guys are so creative!! Just love all these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  36. More great projects! I love those key fobs.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great projects! Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  38. what fun key fobs!
    Carriep

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous ideas here, ladies! Love the key fobs, the ribbon roses and everything else, too. :D Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just love the key fobs, or to me key ring!! I have at least 15 keys on mine and it needs dressing up, now I know what with!! Thanks!!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOW This blog is simply amazing!!! I love to read each day and soke up all this wonderful inspiration. I thank you for sharing all these wonderful crafts with us. I will go and visit your friends facebook. pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love those key fobs, and they look like they could slip over your wrists whch is great for someone like me who doesn't carry a purse so I'm always having to hold my keys!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely projects and great prize package, thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the key fobs! I am going to try to make some for family and myself to dress up all of our keys! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I adore todays posts and Danielle's key fobs, luv them!!! Thanks for the inspiration and a chance at a great giveaway. Who doesn't want some May Arts ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the projects! Thanks for a chance to win some May Arts ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the May Arts ribbon and lace fobs! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I came from the MArts blog...first time I have been here...loved the snoop and the wonderful post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love today's projects, especially the Heart ball!! Already showed May Arts some love!! I love your adhesive & do not have the glue glider, so would be over the moon if I win!! Thanks for the opportunity!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great ideas! My husband is always losing his fob! :) And I love that heart ball too! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  51. The key fobs are beautiful!! I'll be making at least one..my oldest granddaughter just got her driver's license..and straight A's in High School, so a special gift is in order! Thanks for the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the key fobs, they are fab!! Thanks for the chance to win!
    Katie
    mdgreen1260@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. oh wow ladies - both projects are simply gorgeous ... very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I really Really love those key fobs !! They're sure to keep any male in your house from taking your keys ! Love May Arts and told them so ! Gotta win this, I desperately need some glue that will stick consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The key fobs are beautiful and useful as well. I love the heart balls and I have to make extra rolled ribbon roses for cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Came here from May Arts- those Key Fobs are truly divine and I love your valentine heart balls- they would look great heaped in a bowl with various colours of pinks reds and whites

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great projects really love the key fobs they are a brilliant idea.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love these projects! Especially the key fobs... so easy yet lovely! :o) Thanks for the inspiratins.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Ribbon key fobs! very clever!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love both the projects!! Really neat!Who doesn't love May Arts Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  61. Two amazing projects from two amazing designers.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Terrific ideas...especially all the little hearts...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Great projects...especially LOVE the key fobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Those fobs are gorgeous-Danielle is just amazing.I have to make some for mt friends!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great projects! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Those key fobs are such a great idea. Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow! A lot work on the balls, but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love the key fobs and the heart balls! they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Those key fobs and punched heart balls are darling. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh, I just LOVE those key fobs!!! Now I MUST make one for my daughter to put into her decorated mailbox for Valentine's day. I can just see it now...she is a school teacher and the other teachers will see hers during lunch/carpool and want one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  71. Such creative projects! The key fobs are awesome! Where do these ladies find their creativity!!??

    ReplyDelete
  72. So creative! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  73. The Key fob is fantastic...great teacher gift!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Such great ideas, thanks!

    rainy.day@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Just thought I would recap and say I think one of my fav's is the key fobs!!! Great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  76. These are such fun projects!! I think I will have to try to make some, too. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Beautiful projects! I love the pretty ribbons on the key fobs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Those projects are just incredible. Who can resist, and May Arts and Glue Arts make it perfect. Great going, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love the key fobs...the ribbon is so pretty!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love this idea and shared it in my Finding Beauty Post with my blog sisters this week- hope you don't mind

    bee blessed
    mary
    Thanks for all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Wow very nice presentation with awesome pictures

    Thanks for sharing this information regarding Key fobs

    ReplyDelete
  82. Very beautiful delicate key fobs, really love it I came here via pinterest and so happy to found you... going to be your new follower too ... I make some for my home accessories exhibition thanks a lot for sharing ...

    Visit me if you can
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete