Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Snapshots of Love!!

Throughout this week we have highlighted two continuous themes...

Fancy Pants Love Birds Collection

and well.....Love!

Today we're wrapping up our week and have two amazing layouts from Designers Lesley Langdon and yes...Leslie Ashe. Both used the same paper collections, the same basic components... yet it's so interesting to see how completely different the end result is. Each of them...we know you'll LOVE!

Snapshots of Those I Love Layout
Designer: Lesley Langdon


Supplies:Glue Arts U-Cut-It 3D Foam
Glue Arts Glue Glider PRO with High Tac Adhesive
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
Glue Arts Glue Gun
Patterned Paper, Stickers: Fancy Pants (Love Birds)
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co (Just My Type Alpha)
Ink: Memories Black Ink by Stewart Superior, Victorian Rose Distress Ink by Ranger, Red VersaMagic Ink by Tsukineko
Glossy Accents: Ranger
Powder: Art Institurte Glitter (Angel Dust)
Photo Anchors: 7 Gypsies
Stickles: Mustard Seed Distress Stickles and Xmas Red Stickles by Ranger
Brads: Making Memories (Copper)
Other: Dymo Label Maker, Silhouette, Sewing Machine

Instructions:
1. Cut of edges of Fancy Pants die cut scalloped paper and ink scallops with red ink, also cut out banner.

2. TIP: If you know you can cover up a cut on your 12 x 12 layout, go ahead and cut your paper in half and run it through the printer (see "of the people I love." for example). Adhere Fancy Pants scallops and banner to the layout with the Glue Glider PRO, layering each one and covering the cut.
3. Using the Silhouette to cut out the word SNAPSHOTS or other title and sew to paper with a wavy stitch.


4. To make the sparkle LOVE heart, use a die cut piece of Fancy Pants paper, ink edges in red. Adhere LOVE label and cover with Glossy Accents. With spoon, adhere some glitter. The more glitter, the more it will cover up the word, so be light on the glitter. Let dry. Adhere to layout with Extreme Adhesive Squares.

 5. Adhere pictures and remaining paper pieces to the layout, pop up some with Glue Arts U-Cut-It 3D Foam. Print journaling on Fancy Pants paper, ink edges in red and adhere to layout with Extreme Adhesive Squares.
6. As an added dimensional touch, grab your stickles and apply it to some of the hearts and to the banner.




Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with Extreme Tac cartridge
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
Glue Arts Ucut It 3D Foam Adhesive
Fancy Pants LoveBirds

Other Supplies: 
American Crafts Thickers, Fiskars border punch, Zig Pen, Versamark ink, Tonic edge distresser



Directions:
-round edges of 12x12 patterned paper (the base of your layout), distress if desired.
-using a template (or in this case, another sheet of die cut paper by Fancy Pants), trace shape on patterned paper of your choice.
-cut shape in half, using only one half on your layout. Distress edges and for more dimension, use a pen to go around edges of shape.
-adhere your shape toward the bottom of your 12x12 sheet.
-adhere your row of photo's (you can use one photo, in this case I used 4) directly on top of shaped paper.
-cut banners from patterned paper, set aside.
-using letter stickers, spell out "bursting" directly under photo, making your letters appear to be "bursting" by stacking them up and down.
-place one banner directly under the letters, using 3D adhesive. It will touch your photo and letters.
-double up the 3D adhesive on the "love" star sticker and place toward right of banner (it can touch the letters you have above)

 -take another banner and place at top left, starting at left, letting it slightly rise up to top of paper (using 3D adhesive)
-stack a triangle flag using 3D adhesive on top of the already 3D banner. 

-do this exact step for 2 more flags (triangles)
-using 3D adhesive, place heart sticker after 2nd flag. 
-add another heart to last flag.
-cut the half circles from the 2nd half of the shape paper from earlier (the shape that is at the bottom of your layout) and place slightly above top banner.
-using a scallop border punch, punch a strip of yellow scallops, then cut and place slightly above bottom banner. This doesn't have to be perfect. AND you can skip flags if you desire.
-place large heart sticker on patterned paper. trace and cut, then ink and distress edge. set aside.
-spell out "my" slightly under flag and slightly above photo's
-place large heart sticker next to "my"
-spell out "is..." with letter stickers 
-if desired...take silver pen and outline heart, then free hand 3 lines at top left of layout, and bottom right of layout. Add hearts and journaling.
-journal on left and right side of photo's.


We would also today like to give a special shout out to our Guest Designer...Jenny Chesnick! She was so fun to work with at CHA and well we loved her creations she shared with us using the Fancy Pants line! She included one more item that she made for the Crate Paper booth for Winter CHA and we just had to share it with you! Thanks Jenny....we enjoyed having you join us this week at at the show!


    
So that's it! It's a wrap of our week with Fancy Pants Love Bird collection. How did you enjoy it? 


Were you already familiar with Fancy Pants? See any new ways to use our adhesives that you have not tried before? We'd love to hear your thoughts and for leaving us a comment...we'll enter you to win the Fancy Birds Love Bird Collection and a Glue Glider Pro, Extreme Micro Squares and Glue Ring!! 


We'll pick a random winner on Monday to win these!! So leave us a comment! And have a great weekend too!! 

75 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad it's the final day for Fancy Pants enjoyed all the projects! Would be a wonderful thing to win their collection and of course tons of Glue Arts products! Thanks for all the fantastic ideas! Happy weekend everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what cute projects and techniques! I just LOVE those banners that are so popular right now. thanks for sharing some awesome projects every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The papers are just yummy! Yes I have heard of fancy pants before! I love them!!! They are chic!I love glue arts! both of them together are awesome!thanks for showcasing such beautiful ideas! Thanks for the whole week of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of fancy pants before..but liking what I see on your blog.
    Minta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a great week! I have not used any Fancy Pants before! But now I see how great they are! These two layouts are wonderful!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layouts that they both created!! I haven't used my Glossy Accents for glitter yet. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love all of the layouts So colorful and meaningful. I can't wait to try some of these techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The idea about cutting a 12x12 to run thru the printer was great.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already have and love Fancy Pants, wonderful designs on their paper and their embellishments. I've not added glitter to my Glossy Accents before so I might give that a go...nothing better than doing something new to freshen up your crafting! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing how different people use the same supplies and end up with two very unique projects! It's cool that both used some similar shapes (scallops and a banner) and a simliar theme, but the over look and feel are distinct. Fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy seeing different creations with the same products. What yummy papers.
    Thanks for a great week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these layouts are gorgeous!! I love that they showed us tips and close-up pics!! I have been a big fan of Fancy Pants for several years and this line is just as cute as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. More fabulous projects! What a great week! I am familiar with Fancy Pants. I hate to say it but I don't own any of your products yet so every way I see to use them is new to me :) Thanks for the chance of winning some of your lovely products - would sure love to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both LOs. They are so unique! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    Meredith
    mcshupe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the banners, and cutting up the circle paper was a great idea! Need all the inspiration I can get, sometimes. Already using all of these techniques as far as glue goes... Love Glue Arts, and your fab blog! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the ideas and lay outs. I'm a Facebook fan and enjoy learning all the new techniques. Thanks for the chance to win. Janet
    janetjohnson523@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! These layouts are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! Love, love, love the new love bird collection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never worked with Fancy Pants, but their stuff was among my favorites from CHA. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE-ly work from everyone!

    -Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous projects! love all the layers, textures, and colors! Another great job by the Glue Girls and guest artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pages!! I love all the details on the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great week with so many great ideas!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Has been such an inspirational week, so many great projects! Thanks for sharing them all with us. Thank you for the great giveaway....Hoping to get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  25. As I posted on the first day, I can't believe I never heard of Fancy Pants before - embarrassed to admit it even. That is why I am so thankful I watch you blog EVERY day... and because I love Glue Arts Pro. I have learned so much by coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The DT did a fabulous job with Fancy Pants and I loved every project! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such gorgeous projects! Love that Fancy Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the layout! I hadn't heard of Extreme Adhesive Squares but I like the idea of them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yes I have used Fancy Pants before and I love their collections!

    ReplyDelete
  30. both LOs are gorgeous! love all the dimension with the popped up pieces! beautiful paper collection too! I love Fancy Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These layouts are beautiful! Some fun stuff shown on them. I like the banners. :D Thanks for sharing them with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the way Leslie cut off the scallops from the die cut and used them in a unique way....very clever! Thanks for the chance to win...Glue Glider Pro ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic! All the projects are wonderful and a TON of inspiration! I totally need a Glue Glider! IMMEDIATELY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great week it has been. Love all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for another inspirational week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another week of inspiring works. I like the Fancy Pants lines, I was just in my LSS this afternoon looking, it is so my style.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Always in need of fun and creative ideas. THanks

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! another great day for Glue Arts and Fancy Pants! Thanks for all the fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for a week packed with awesome ideas and products from fancy pants love bird. I hope I have the chance to win & try some of the wonderful projects. FANCY PANTS & GLUE ARTS ROCK

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love to have me some paper and adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i have loved fancy pants since i became aware of them. their flowers, then their papers, now they are just amazing with such beautiful new and sparkly embellishments and papers. i wish we had a retailer here locally for both fancy pants and glue glider products! any suggestions for online stores you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yes, I'm a big fan of Fancy Pants already, but am loving all the projects! I haven't ever tried the Gluearts products...so everything is new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really love the second layout. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lesley great projects, love them! Thanks for sharing with us. Love Fancy Pants and would be great to win some and Glue Arts. I haven't never put glitter on my Fancy Pants..thanks for the idea.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great projects again today! I've never seen Fancy Pants anywhere in Maine. It has been fun to see how different the projects can be using the same materials. Thanks for a chance to win. Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have seen Fancy Pants and love their lines. I learned about the glue arts cut able foam. This is a new to me product but one I will be looking for. Thanks for a chance to win
    Debbie
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am a fan of Fancy Pants, have been for a while, and I love the projects that have been created this week! I just purchased my first Glue Glider Pro today and can't wait to put it to good use, it was the last one at my LSS and she doesn't have any of the other adhesives...so thanks for the opportunity to win some and the great collection from Fancy Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  48. loved the fab Love Birds, and that first layout just drew me in quick ! Both were good, but sometimes one justs gets you right away. Have really enjoyed the week, even tho I am not a scrapbooker - this may help push me over the edge !

    ReplyDelete
  49. I hadn't seen the fancy pants Love birds collection before this week but I love it and the inspiration you have all given me and I think I'll have to suss out some glue arts adhesives as well thanks for the chance to win some cool things.

    ReplyDelete
  50. it was great! i normally don't by lovey dovey lines but you guys sold me on this FP line. I love all the great tips...awesome week..thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This week has been fabulous!! I hadn't heard about Fancy Pants until this week. I also didn't know about all of the glue products used. I am so inspired by all of the wonderful projects shown and I will be making some for sure ;-) Thank you for a great week!
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http:pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  53. Another fabulous bunch of projects. Love the glittered heart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Those layouts are amazing! I've loved this week & I LOVE Fancy Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great projects all week long...I'm most intrigued by the U-cut-it foam....can't wait to see if that makes it to my LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Lovin' these projects and how they are using the papers! I have some U-Cut-It foam and I still haven't tried it! But I really should!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I had not seen fancy pants papers in action before, so this week has been fun. It got me motivated to order my glue glider pro refills ... Finally! Since I was stocking up, I figured that I had better try the ribbon adhesive as well ;-D
    New projects; watch out, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful projects and some great ideas on how to use these gorgeous papers.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Such beautiful projects! I love how versatile this Love Birds line can be! Thanks for sharing such great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. I am familiar with Fancy Pants and loved all of the examples shown this week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I've loved & used Fancy Pants for many projects over the years. Thanks for a wonderful week of projects. Can't wait to see what next week brings.

    ReplyDelete
  62. love those layouts. great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like the use of the 3D foam and the printer direct to paper...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow - great week! Love those layouts and that tray!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I lOVE both projects. The FP pp is a great line. I really like the tray that was posted.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love Fancy Pants paper and have used it for many projects. Thanks for the inspiration; love your blog. Thanks for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Have enjoyed seeing all the wonderful projects all week. so many ideas to think about.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  68. i love fancy pants they have such nice lines.all the projects were wonderful so many talented people.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the tray...I've been excited to try out one of those myself. Thanks for sharing your project with us!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love the projects and the detailed instructions! Thanks, Lucy iluvlu2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. OH MY--these LOs are super amazing! I LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting here--so much inspiration! LOOOOVE how FABULOUS the projects are and the directions always help!!

    ReplyDelete