Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Paper Flowers for your Fancy Pants!!

It's simply awe-inspiring when you see the diversity of projects that come from one team using the same products!

Today's projects are a perfect example of that unique diversity and what we love about this gifted team of Designers we work with!

Linda Albrecht took a fun, colorful Valentine line and created a soft, muted paper flower set that will make you wonder if it truly uses the Love Birds line! {which it does!lol} And Designer Patti Milazzo took that same paper line and make a bright, colorful Valentine!


"Folded Paper Flowers"
Designer: Linda Albrecht

These flowers are easy to make, but don't try it without my favorite "Glue Arts" Mini Hot Glue Gun! with a little time and pretty papers you'll create a fun accent for just about anything you can imagine.



Supplies:
Glue Arts Mini Hot Glue Gun with hot melt sticks & High Tac Adhesive
Fancy Pants "Lovebirds" Collection papers and Border Sticker
Miscellaneous trims, lace, and twine
1" Circle Punch
Premade leaves from craft store silk flower section

Begin by punching 1" circles from patterned papers. You'll need 8 circles for each flower. Use your nails to roughen up the outside edge of each circle.

Next fold each circle in half, but do not make a strong crease just hold the outside edges together. fold the just made half circle in half again.
Squeeze a small dab of hot glue onto the half circle where the 2nd fold is then hold together until the glue is cooled. You will fold 7 in this manner for each flower.
Begin to layer the folded paper circles onto the 8th matching circle using hot glue. Layer four onto the flat surface of the 8th circle then layer the remaining three onto the top of the first four.
As you glue them down, turn the layers different ways so that they don't form a straight line. 
I like to roughen up some of the outside edges of the layers a bit more so that they aren't so perfect. Add premade leaves, wrap laces (attached to the glass with High Tac Adhesive), twine, and Fancy Pants border stickers to jars and candlesticks then attach flowers where desired.






Love♥ Card
Designer: Patti Milazzo


Designer Tip: U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam can be cut to any size – even the tiniest square, like the one on the back of the small flower sticker – to give dimension to handmade accents.

Supplies: 
Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro with
1/4 Perma Tac Cartridge Refill - Pro
3D Combo Pac – U-Cut-It Foam Adhesive

Fancy Pants:
Love Birds pattern paper – Love Song, True Love, Strips, Sending My Love, Only One, Circle of Love, Birds on a Wire, Loves Me, Loves Me Not, In Love and Love Dots
Love Birds stickers – Element and Alpha



Instructions:
1. Cut 5”x7” piece of blue pattern paper (Love Dots) for background.
2. Cut a 3” x 4 ¾” piece of the journal pattern paper (Sending My Love) and adhere it to the left side of the blue background.
3. Cut 3 ½” x 6” piece of brown pattern paper (In Love); round 3 corners and use a decorative punch on the bottom left corner and adhere to the center of the background using the Glue Glider Pro with the Perma Tac adhesive.
4. Punch 3 small 1” circles from yellow pattern paper; apply Perma Tac adhesive to the back of each circle and tuck under the brown pattern paper near the top right corner.
5. Create a border accent - using In Love, Love Song, Loves Me/Loves Me Not and True Love – made up of strips of paper, punched strips and punched 1 ½” circles. Assemble these pieces together using the Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac. Then adhere this over the brown – leave space for the alpha stickers.



6. Create the heart scalloped circle accent – using Birds on a Wire, Circle of Love, Only One and the Element and Alpha Stickers – by layering the punched pieces and stickers using both the Perma Tac and the U-Cut-It Foam Adhesive. Apply the U-Cut-It Foam Adhesive to the back of the scalloped circle and adhere over the left side of border accent.
7. Apply Love Birds Alpha stickers for the sentiment – {love} – to complete.

{from l to r}Karen O'Neill, Emily Branch, Julia Sandvoss, Jenny Chesnick, Jennie Jameson

Today we'd also like to share a bit more about our Guest Designer, Jenny Chesnick!! Jenny was one of our helpers during the Winter CHA Show and we are so thankful she agreed!! She assisted us with our make n takes, talked to  buyers and helped keep things in order while we were at the show! We truly appreciated her help!  


Hi Glue Arts fans! My name is Jen Chesnick and I am a craftivist living in Maryland with my Hubs, bonus child and fur kids.  You can find me creating at American Crafts, Crate Paper & Maya Road.

  
Awhile back Crate Paper had us put together a 10 random facts list about ourselves.  I thought it was pretty humorous and probably shows you all a lot more about who I am! 

- I run on Dunkin.
- I can sleep through atomic alarm clocks and earthquakes.
- I speak my mind & I'm impulsive.
- I <3 80's music.
- I have a wicked sense of humor.
- I'm a very outgoing and make friends easily.
- Yellow is my favorite color.
- I'm addicted to my Nook.
- I go by more than one name...aka Chez
- I'm adopted. Most think it's interesting even if I don't.

I look forward to sharing creations with you and the team here at Glue Arts! 



Thanks Jenny! We have more of Jenny's projects to share tomorrow so please check back in! 




And have you heard?? Glue Arts is searching for new Designers for our Design Team? Have you wished to be apart of our team? Would love to have a generous supply of adhesives at your fingertips not to mention work with amazing product partners such as Fancy Pants, Crate Paper and more? If you answered yes...then click the link at the top of our blog for more information or go here!


Don't forget to leave a comment today!

We'll pick a random winner who will receive the Fancy Pants Love Birds kit along with our Glue Glider Pro and more!

Simply leave us a comment and we'll draw a winner next Monday who will enjoy these goodies!  

86 comments:

  1. Is that a giant bottle cap? Love it!!!!! I want to win the FP collection, I love their papers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paper flower tutorial-thanks! what a cute FP collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved learning how to make those fabulous little flowers! I can't wait to go try one!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such fabulous tips!! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am DEFINITELY going to try making those gorgeous paper flowers! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks so much for sharing...those paper flowers are simply gorgeous and love the paper too! Thanks for joining Glue Arts Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH I would love a glue glider pro! Love the projects, the flowers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great getting to know you better Jenny! Fabulous projects ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paper flowers are so pretty, and easy!! They look like fabric with the beautiful papers!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, the flowers are so beautiful and amazing glue to hold them together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how the same paper line can have such a distinct feel! I love those flowers - but I would probably make them in bold colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post today. I loved the flower tutorial and I will be giving that a try later on today, plus the fun facts about Jen were a lot of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those flowers. I have wondered how you make those. THanks so much for the tutorial. AWESOME. Darling card as well. There is always such fun and cute projects and ideas on GlueArts Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. all of these projects are so great i really love the flowers thow.. i dont think i've seen them done that way before. I would love to try out for the DT but unfortunately I'll be moving soon :( eh oh well maybe next time! thanks for sharing all these great projects.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects!

    -Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the projects and a chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the flowers! Such a pretty project that can be used so many ways! thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects again today. Love the little flowers and will definitely be making some of those! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great stuff- love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute flowers! And it looks so easy to make! Thanks for the tutorial! Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are cute and simple flowers! Will have to try. Hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow good stuff today. I like the paper flowers and how the items where decorated with those flowers. I also like reading a little about people too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely flowers! And I'd LOVE to be a Glue Girl....need to get my stuff together and submit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the paper flower tutorial!!! And thanks for sharing Jen's altered pie tin! I'd noticed it on the Fancy Pants blog before; it's *amazing*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this post was loaded with lots of fun and colorful projects-lots of inspiration.
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Love Card is very pretty and thank you for the tutorial for those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm from Maryland also! We should hang out sometime, especially because I absolutely <3 that "Home" plate.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all of the projects, thanks for the paper roses tutorial. I will have to give these a try. Thanks for the chance to win a beautiful paper pack, and the awesome glu glider pro. I so need one of each. :)
    Hugs,
    Melissa D
    mkds312@hotmail.com
    www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. absolutely gorgeous flower! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your blog and I really love my Glue Glider...I was just using it. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. cutes cutes cutes!!!! And I would love to be a glue girl...but the video thing is kinda keeping me at bay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great stuff and thanks for the chance to win.

    Marie at tjsmommy8@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just LOVE those flowers! Thanks for the great directions!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that flower tutorial. :)

    mnfoxx1110@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. those flowers are awesome. cant wait to give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jenny is adorable just like her projects! Welcome, Jenny! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh LOVE the flowers! Such great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sorry I just haven't been myself since the monday! I totally missed welcoming Jenny and thanks for letting us know a bit about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the projects & especially the paper rose tutorial. Thanks again for more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Those flowers are just adorable! what a great new idea I can follow for my own projects. love this new line- kelly

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful flowers! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Another day of beautiful cards & projects....TFS!!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I LOVE these projects! Thanks for showing us how to make those wonderful folded paper flowers, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. GREAT tutorial! Thank you! Easy peasy flowers that look like you took all day to make. Jen you are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What darling projects...loving all the chances to win...hoping to win one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The flower tutorial is awesome...I need to make some of those! Loving all the wonderful projects and the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those flowers are fantastic!! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    Meredith
    mcshupe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. These projects are very very nice. I really love the flowers and can't wait to make some!
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love all these new projects and that flan tin wow- what a great idea and so are the little circle flowers in the first projects love them all and I desperately NEED a glue glider

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awesome and easy flowers, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great ideas! I LOVE those paper flowers. So dimensional and pretty!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  53. craftivist! Love that word, i want to be a craftivist too. Thanks for the fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I LOVE Glue Arts, Fancy Pants and all the cute projects you show us!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love the flower tutorial. I have been wanting to make some for awhile, it is nice to have instructions to do it with.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the paper flowers...I will have to make some of them...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. it seems that everyone in the craft world owns one of your glue guns except me. it would be great to win one and a little bit of fancy pantsto boot!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the paper flowers! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  59. What a great card and I adore both projects! These posts are so helpful, thank you Glue Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great getting to know you Jen!
    Thanks for sharing those great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Fab projects! love those handmade flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you for the fabulous tutorial! Gorgeous projects. Great pairing...love Fancy Pants and love Glue Arts! I've been using the Glue Glider Pro on nearly all my projects lately. LOVE IT!TFS! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  63. Beautiful projects, thank you for the tutorial I so am gonna try these flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Those flowers are awesome...thank you for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Amazing flowers! I can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  66. In case anyone else is wondering, i think that's a flan pan. I love the antique thread spools. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love the flowers also, have seen them out of felted wool, would love to recreate them in paper.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Cool flowers! Linda does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Jenny sounds like such a fun person. Love her style. Those flowers from Linda are so cute. I'm going to make some today.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Amazing projects ladies, lovely to hear about your designer themselves.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  71. love those flowers! thanks for sharing the tutorial;cm

    ReplyDelete
  72. OHHHH! I love those flowers--and all these projects are pretty amazing!! LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting here--so much inspiration!

    I thought about trying out for the DT--it would be super fun to join this team--so much talent and great product! LOOOOOOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  73. ohhh love those flowers! thanks for an awesome tute!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the flowers. and the flag banner.

    ReplyDelete
  75. well, my first post disappeared! love both projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Fabulous projects. Love that paper flower... and it's so easy to make! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  77. love the flowers and that you can change the look of them just by switching up the papers. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Those folder flowers are adorable! And so easy! I always *swoon* over Chez's projects--awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Super cute projects! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  80. The flowers are fabulous as are all the other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I know the flower directions on youTube would go so Viral! I typed directions on how to...but poof once I submitted it; gone in outerspace or wherever. LOL

    I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Wow, love all the tutorials... love the flowers!! will be trying some of those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I'm seriouly in love with Fancy Pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. All the projects are so fabulous! I especially love the Love Card :D
    I'm throwing my name in the hat for the design team call too. Thanks for the opportunity!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  85. Cute projects this week...Fancy Pants papers are
    fun, and I would love to try anything Glue Arts
    makes...

    bethbuss
    buss@ncn.net

    ReplyDelete