Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More Beautiful Shabby Chic projects



 Are you getting as excited for Valentine's Day as we are at Glue Arts? Well, I think you will be once you've seen more of these terrific and creative ideas from our Glue Arts girls. We've been adding our sponsor- Shabby Chic Crafts- tag items to our projects and they are just the cutest things.

Come see what gorgeous creations we have from Lesley Langdon and Danielle Flanders today. Lesley's layout is a mix of stunning design and beautiful color combination. Danielle's lovely card is fabulous, I want one of those zipper brooches! What a SWEET gift!

Sweet 12x12 layout
Designer- Lesley Langdon

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider™ MAX (Perma Tac Adhesive)
Glue Arts U-Cut-It 3D Foam
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares
Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive
Shabby Chic Crafts - Valentine Cardstock Cut Outs
Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd
Ribbon: American Crafts
Twine: The Twinery
Chipboard Heart: Basic Grey
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (love), Technique Tuesday (Ali Edwards)
Ink: Tsukineko
Flowers: Prima
Brads: My Mind's Eye
Dies: Spellbinders
Cardstock: American Crafts
Rub-ons: Basic Grey
Stickers: Cosmo Cricket


Instructions:
1. Adhere patterned paper to cardstock with Glue Arts Perma Tac Adhesive, adhere photo and cluster of Shabby Chic Crafts cut outs. Adhere one with Glue Arts U-Cut-It 3D foam.
2. Stamp quotes at the top and bottom on patterned paper. Stamp LOVE inside the February cut out.
3. Adhere flowers, word stickers, rub-ons, and die cut circles with Perma Tac Adhesive.
4. To adhere ribbon, apply a strip of Ribbon Adhesive to the paper, and press ribbon into the adhesive.
5. Print out journaling, adhere to layout.
6. To make heart, cover a chipboard heart with Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares, and wrap twine over the whole surface. Adhere to layout with Extreme Adhesive Squares.



Valentine card with Zipper Brooch gift attached.
Designer- Danielle Flanders




Supplies used:
U Cut It 3D Adhesive: Glue Arts
Glue Glider Pro and PermaTac refill: Glue Arts
Die Cuts: Shabby Chic Crafts
Background: 6x6 Decorative Edge Cardstock by Little Yellow Bicycle
Envelope:Fancy Pants
Pin: Heart Stick Pins by Little Yellow Bicycle
Rub on saying: Melissa Frances
Zipper brooch: Walmart



Instructions:
1. Attach a small envelope to the 6x6" background. Clip brooch onto envelope as a little gift for the recipient.
2. Attach a heart pin to the Notes die cut. Adhere Notes die cut to envelope with Permatac adhesive.
3. Adhere a Valentine rub on saying to the V die cut. Adhere with dimensional adhesive.

When finished, you can tuck a gift card or little note into the pocket as well! If you can't find a little zipper brooch like this one, you could certainly make your own with a craft store zipper by hot gluing it around into a circular shape and adding a pin backing! 






Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win this week! Our prize is a 
Shabby Chic Crafts assorted pack of Valentine diecuts and a Glue Glider Pro and our 3D Combo Pac.

67 comments:

  1. Great projects! the zipper brooch is so cool!! So different! And I love the twine wrapped heart! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scrapbook page! Great ribbon, and twine heart! And the card is a big Wow! I may have to try that on some of my old sewing zippers!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the zipper broach & the Heart on your LO!!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute projects- love wrapping the heart with the twine- it has such a great result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The zipper flower is fantastic! What a great idea and effect. Lucy, iluvlu2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh i love the zipper element.. all the projects are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout! So many unique ideas! The zipper is so pretty as a flower and I'm loving the twine wrapped heart! Cute stuff! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    arcocha at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow the layout with the handsome little chap is really stunning and I love the zipper card, this is a first for me but the zip is so effective.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. zipper broach....how clever and wrapping the heart with twine is a nice embellishment.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These projects are over the top! LOVE that zipper broach! Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle's creations are AMAZING! Absolutely love the zipper brooch & Valentine. What a great idea, and the layout is adorable. LOVE the heart wrapped in twine. So darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wrapped twine heart and the zipper broach! Great projects!!! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful! I was looking for ideas for adding twine, thanks!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley and Danielle never dissapoint. Both are fabulous designers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love the zipper brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the zipper flower. I really do need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous inspiration! Love bakers twine heart in the first one and the zipper brooch in the second. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very very nice...love the color combination of the LO and the wrapping
    of the heart what a fun idea...lovely card too that pin is super cute...way to go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun projects! I love the zipper brooch. Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely beautiful Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these! Love the twine heart and the zipper flower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOve both of these projects! That layout is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  23. both projects are fantastic. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The layout is wonderful and so is the card. The brooch is so unique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the LO and card! Especially that zipper brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are gorgeous projects! love the colors and design of the layout. And love the twine wrapped heart and zipper broach!

    ReplyDelete
  27. woooouuu !!!!
    This projects are a love ...
    That brooch is a fancy present !!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice page and really interesting zipper brooch. I like the light blue and red together and I like the twine wrapped heart. I just got some twine so that gave me a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That LO is just STUNNING! And I love that Valentine card with the brooch. Thanks for the chance to win some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the card with the zipper brooch. The layout is so cute - adorable string covered heart.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both of these projects are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute valentine projects! I'll have to look for the zipper brooch at my Walmart. It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that zipper...and that heart. I am putting both on my list to make.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous projects! I love the Baker's Twine and definitely the zipper brooch! I'm going through my sewing stash to see what I have...

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW! What awesome projects! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the LO it looks great. The heart is very cool! I love the twine around the heart. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the layout and ah that heart with twine just makes my day! Thanks for sharing with all of us. Have a great evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Super adorable! Thanks for the zipper brooch tip...off to Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome projects! I love the zipper brooch and the layout is so beautiful.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMG How creative!! I love this!!! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!!! COOL!!!
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. zipper flower is to cute. who'd thunk it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very creative! And thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG< that first layout is beyond gorgeous, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love both projects! There just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  45. such a great card/gift combo with the brooch
    ava
    cottagerca

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the scrap page. The colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  47. OMJ what great projects and I am guessing I should get busy on the valentines before it is to late!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fabulous! i LOVE the heart with twine and the zipper flower!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  49. What awesome projects!! Love the zipper broach!!

    I need to get working or I am going to miss Valentine's Day.
    jmahugger at yahoo dot com


    Marcy H~ MI

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love that heart, and ALL the embellishments. Cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  51. How adorable is that LO! LOVE it! And that zipper pin! SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  52. love that zipper pin I can not believe it came from WalMart.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The LO is beyond beautiful, and I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I so want to rip something apart to get a zipper! Those flowers are just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  55. That layout is great! Beautiful colors and the placement of all the items is perfect. I am wondering if I have an old zipper in my sewing kit...hmm. Great ideas! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh, I love that lo! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the LO, and now I'm dying to try my hand at one of those broaches.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I LOVE the twine heart and the zipper pin!

    ReplyDelete
  59. LOVE LOVE LOVE the twine heart! have lots of twine and cardboard die cuts to go and play!- kelly

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love both of these projects.They are so creative.

    ReplyDelete