Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meet Guest Designer Jenny Chesnick!

We're back!

It's Day Two of our Fancy Pants Love Birds Week!!


Fancy Pants recently released Love Birds. While it's absolutely perfect for February and Love themes....it's also has prints that make it perfect for spring and fall! Be sure to check out the Fancy Pants website to see all their products!!

So are you ready? Do you have your Fancy Pants on today? If so...please join us in welcoming Guest Designer, Jenny Chesnick to the blog today!!

Love Birds Envelope Mini Album
Guest Designer: Jenny Chesnick

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro Perma Tac
Glue Arts 3d  Combo Pac
Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares Micro
Fancy Pants Love Birds card combo pack
Fancy Pants Love Birds paper & stickers
Bazzill ribbon
Dymo caption maker
Colorbox chalk in creamy brown
We r memory keepers crop-a-dile
American crafts eyelets
Misc jump rings


I received the Fancy Pants Love Birds card combo set which would be adorable to use for your kiddos Valentine days cards.  For me I needed to come up with something even more creative! 
 I started by adhering the envelopes of the Card Set closed to create the “Mini” I punched holes using my Crop-A-Dile and finished the front cover setting eyelets.
 For the front of the Mini I cut down two Valentine cards and a border paper to create the back drop.  Using the micro squares I attached the banner cut from border paper.  I cut out the title center from the backside of a Valentine card and applied using the 3D foam.
 I then layered the Valentine cards onto the envelopes.  On the backside of the envelopes I used the grid paper to create a nice backdrop for my sentiments.  I layered 2 ¾” circles cut in half on the paper as well as an added sticker for interest.  I finished off the inside with captions of coupons for my husband to use!  I layered ribbon on the jump rings for that extra finishing touch.
 Be sure to tune in tomorrow to read more about Jenny and see more of her creative work!! Drop by Jenny's blog too for more inspiration!!



Adore You Layout
Designer: Kristen Swain

Supplies:

Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, Perma Tac, Mini Adhesive Squares, UCutIt foam
Paper/stickers/envelope- Fancy Pants 
punches- McGill
black pen

Instructions:


1.Cut diecut paper, cutting off about 1/3 of whole . Adhere to background using Perma tac.

2. Cut yellow banners from paper, then pop up with UCutIt, for the top banner. Then adhere red bubble border at bottom of diecu tpiece, then add UCutIt foam to dot sticker border, adhere to layout.
3. Cut out second paper banner (blue), add UCutIt foam to back and adhere to top of layout.
4. Fold and adhere envelope with Perma Tac, then adhere two photos to layout with Perma tac as well, adhering small label sticker under photo edge.
5. Cut journaling paper, writing journaling and adhere to layout, overtop of envelope.
6. Use valentine card sheet and cut out image of bird, to/from piece, and bunches phrase, adding UCutIt to bird and bunches phrase.
7. Punch hearts and adhere to layout with mini adhesive squares. Adhere title with letter stickers.


Be sure to leave us a comment today and we'll enter you to win this Love Bird kit




...plus our Glue Glider Pro, Extreme Micro Squares and our Glue Ring...perfect for using at crops! 


We'll pick a random winner to receive these goodies!


Happy Tuesday!! We'll see you tomorrow with more Fancy Pants ideas and projects and some more about our Guest Designer Jenny Chesnick!


And remember...when you need it to stick.. chose GlueArts!


Have a great Day!!

68 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the envelope mini book! How clever!! And love the dimension on the layout!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! fabulous colors! Love the projects.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most creative fun Envelope mini book I have seen yet! This Fancy Pants kit is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome jenny!

    great projects today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "Adore You" layout! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a mini book and I love the colorful layout! Love Birds is beautiful paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the layout...fancy pants papers r amazing...thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the envelope mini album! I still have some leftovers from my wedding (7.5 years ago!) and you gave me a great idea of how to put them to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that mini-album. It would be so adaptable to other things as well. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the mini book made from envelopes! That is an idea I will certainly try! Thanks for the inspiration! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful projects, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mini album is so cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the mini!! I need to make one too :)

    Tanya Phenis

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great idea. I love that album!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh. em. gee. this is the CUTEST thing ever!!! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The envelope mini and layout are so lovely! Very creative...thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project Jenny! I'll have to run over and check out your blog too. Love Kristin's LO too, great inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful work--wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic mini album! I love how it turned out! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous mini book!! Thanks for the chance to win!!

    Meredith
    mcshupe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in love with your mini album & this paper line!!! Thanks for the chance to win it!!!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the papers!! The mini album is super cute, great colors and all the fun ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the projects! Love the paper too, a lot of ideas are coming to mind for use of the paper. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. great projects today. Would love to win the Love Birds kit and a new glue gun

    ReplyDelete
  25. WoW How beautiful!!! All of todays projects are amazing and inspiring!! I really want to win this prize!!!!
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great project ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The mini is fabulous, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great projects girls. Love those new springy papers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great fresh spring projects you have shared with us. Thank you! I made a envelope album about 2 yrs ago our of 4 cards and 4 envies.
    Love the Bird Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What super cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the projects. I would absolutely love to win today's giveaway. I've been wanting to try your glue gun. I have to finish my stash first. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It is super awesome getting to know Jenny C-love all of these projects! LOVE the great paper:) THANSK for sharing! sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. what great projects and that paper is gorgeous thanks for sharing all these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What adorable projects! I appreciate all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the Jenny introduction--will go visit her blog. love fancy pants!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the projects made with this paper

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wish I would have had the kit for my valentines cards - Wonderful kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome Jenny..very cute project. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love that! Kristen does such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Tina M
    I love these projects, but I am hook on mini books right now. Thanks for the inspiration and the chance to win,
    st_mccall@ll@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is adorable. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love that envelope mini album. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  43. that is a gorgeous line, the colours are fabulous, it has been used very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What an adorable paper kit. Love the scrap page.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just love the new fancy pants line, so cute, and this mini album was just perfect for this line, all worked so well!!
    And the layout was also so cute, the colors in the photo and the line of PP all matched so well, it all came together perfectly!!
    Thanks
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such fun colors in this Fancy Pants line and fun projects to match! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Adorable creations!! Love this paper line!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great work!

    -Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the mini album! What a fun, bright project! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  50. swoon for the mini-album & yellow banner! Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am usually very prompt with my comments for you guys! I am sorry! I am really having a tough week! i am trying to wean my baby and the crying is making me sad and nuts!He cries,then i cry..and it continues!
    Love the layout and the beautiful papers she used! Heart you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for sharing the mini envelope album and layout with us today. Love this stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  53. Loving all the colorful papers and the layering! Fun and cheery projects galore!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Fabulous project Jenny! Love the papers!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  55. These papers are so colourful they bring out a smile just looking at them lol. Love the envelope mini album it is really cute.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  56. I really love the sign, layout and cards that were added today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. love thoese projects so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete