Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hearts Are Happy With Cupcake Love!

You'll be happy too when you see what we have in store for you today!

We're back with more Little Yellow Bicycle's Cupcake Love Collection and if you have not already fallen in LOVE with it...then we know today will seal the deal!

Designers Danielle Flanders and Patti Milazzo have truly pulled out all the stops today with gorgeous cards and home decor and as we always do...full instructions so that you too can create what you see! No guesswork...no trying to figure things out...we've gone it all for you...so you too can have a Happy Heart!!




Happy Heart Card
Designer: Danielle Flanders


Supplies:
Glue Arts
Card base: 6x6" Decorative Edge Cardstock by LYB
Happy sticker: Fresh Verse Cardstock Stickers by LYB
Heart: Epoxy Chipboard Buttons by LYB
Circles: Flower Button Dots by LYB
String: DMC embroidery floss

Instructions:
1. Fold cardstock for card base.
2. Machine stitch balloon tails on card.
3. Adhere circles. Tie strings. Adhere.
4. Attach happy sticker and heart button.


Pocket Card
Designer: Danielle Flanders


Supplies:
Pocket: Fancy Pants
Feb. die cut: Cupcake Love Journal Tablet by LYB
Chip heart: Chipboard Shapes by LYB
Button: Basic Grey
Ribbon: May Arts
Tags: Specialty Tags Stitched Canvas and Cardstock by LYB
Be Mine sticker: Fresh Verse Cardstock Stickers
Red border sticker: Paper Lace Stickers by LYB
Round sticker: Flower Button Dots by LYB

Instructions:
1. Assemble premade pocket.
2. Adhere border sticker to pocket. Wrap ribbon around pocket and tie in bow.
3. Attach February die cut, chipboard heart and circle sticker.
4. Thread ribbon through button, trim ends and adhere.
5. Leave transparent packaging on back of tags, so they are not sticky. Insert tags into pocket. On one tag, adhere a "Be Mine" sticker.



Together Card
Designer: Danielle Flanders


Supplies:
Card base: Cupcake Love Journal Tablet by LYB
Banner triangles: Fabric Favorites by LYB
Heart buttons: Epoxy Chipboard Buttons by LYB
Together sticker: Fresh Verse Cardstock Stickers by LYB
Ribbon: seam binding sprayed with Sunshine Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
Pin: LYB

Instructions:
1. Put 2 large journaling spots together to create the card. Tie with seam binding into a bow.
2. Attach banner stickers, heart buttons and small hearts.
3. Create crepe paper roses by cutting a strip of crepe paper and wrapping it around to create a flower. Hot glue together. Adhere roses. Attach pin.
4. Affix "together" sticker and small hearts to bottom corner. Round corner.



“Hugs for Sale” Fence (Home D├ęcor)
Designer: Patti Milazzo


Supplies: 
Glue Arts:
Glue Glider Pro with
1/4 Perma Tac Cartridge Refill - Pro
Mini Adhesive Squares
Adhesive Squares
3D Combo Pac – U Cut It
Glue Gun
Glue Gun Stick Refills
Little Yellow Bicycle – Cupcake Love:
Cupcake Love Pattern Paper – Tonal Polkahearts, Mini Plaid Multi, Lollipops with Glitter and Heart Cut Out Sheet with Glitter
Cupcake Love – Cardstock Stickers Favorite Pieces; Cardstock Stickers Fresh Verse; Chipboard Stickers Embellishments; Chipboard Shapes; Epoxy Chipboard Buttons; Paper Lace Stickers; Flower Button Dots Layered; Fabric Favorites; Mini Banners; Heart Paper Doilies; Heart Stick Pins
May Arts White Ruffled Ribbon
Other: 6” x 4” painted craft wooden fence; 10” of 18 gauge wire



Instructions:
1. Apply the green Paper Lace Sticker (border) to the bottom of the fence.
2. Apply Glue Arts Mini Adhesive Squares to the back of the Paper Doily; adhere to the front of the Plaid pattern paper; trim with scallop edge scissors around heart shape; then adhere to the left side of fence using the larger Adhesive Squares. 

3. To make the accordion folded flower, cut 2 – 12” x 1.5” strips of Lollipops pattern paper (cut one edge with a scallop blade/scissors); accordion fold down the length of each strip; then using the Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac attach both ends to each other to form a circle – with the scallop edge on the outside.
4. Punch/cut a 2” circle from white cardstock; apply a line of hot glue with Glue Arts Glue Gun; then place the accordion circle on the hot glue while pushing the outside edges in to make the flower about 3” – 3.5” wide. Hold in place briefly until the glue is cooled.
5. Apply a piece of U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam to the back of the accordion flower and adhere it to the bottom of the doily heart attached to the fence.
6. Punch a 2” scallop edge circle from the Tonal Polkahearts pattern paper and adhere to the front center of the accordion flower using Adhesive Squares. Apply the Layered Flower Button Dot, Cut Out heart and the “Forever Sticker” to the accordion flower. Add a few coordinating beads to the Heart Stick Pin and place it just behind the sticker. Then apply the additional chipboard pieces above the flower using the U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam.

Tip: Add a tiny bead of hot glue with the Glue Gun just below the last bead on the Heart Stick Pin to keep the beads from sliding as you position the pin.

7. On the right side of the fence, apply the Chipboard Shape (large pink flower) to the fence with the U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam. Punch or cut 3 hearts (leaves) from Mini Plaid pattern paper (reverse is green) and attach to the fence behind the flower with Mini Adhesive Squares. Thread the Epoxy Chipboard Button with white embroidery thread and adhere to the center of the Chipboard Flower with and Adhesive Square.
8. Adhere the “Hugs for Sale” Sticker to the fence below the flower with U-Cut-It Adhesive Foam; apply the Fabric Favorites (xxooxx) sticker onto the tag; then tie a knot in a 4” strip of ribbon and apply a small dot of hot glue with the Glue Gun to the back of the bow and press onto the top of the sticker.
9. For the butterfly in flight, first cut out the butterfly from the Cupcake Love Cut Out Sheet. Take a 10” piece of wire and wrap it several times around a pencil or paintbrush leaving about 1” straight on both ends, then pull and shape the wire as desired. Using the Glue Gun adhere the wire to the back of the fence post and the back of the butterfly.

Tip: To really secure the wire in place, add another line of hot glue on top of the already glued wire.

10. To finish the project, attach the LOVE Mini Banner to the back of the scalloped heart and the butterfly using Mini Adhesive Squares.




Wow....loved today's crafts? Truly every day around the Glue Arts blog tends to leave many of us shaking our heads in amazement at what our designers come up with. Today was no exception!


We're also certain that you're now really wishing you too had the Cupcake Love Collection and all of our ousttanding adhesive products that our designers used to create these cards and decor. After all... your crafts are only good if your adhesive is!!! So be sure to leave us a comment today! We're reading all the comments thus far and see many of you have never tried our Extreme Adhesive Squares or are Ribbon Adhesive. We know once you do...you'll marvel at how you ever went without them! And not only will a winner receive those two products...we'll include our Glue Glider Pro AND our 3D Combo Pac. Just drop us a note and next Monday we'll announce a random winner!!
And don't forget...there are only 3 more days left for you to enter our Design Team Search. We know you too would love to work with monthly sponsors such as Little Yellow Bicycle and our adhesives! So be sure to get your application in before time is up!! Click here for details!!     

113 comments:

  1. Thank you for the loveliness and wonderful ideas! These are beautiful and cheered up my dreadful morning. I love the artwork and love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful papers....and gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I've never tried your ribbon adhesive for squares but I will look for them next time I'm at store.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm LOVING this new collection, can't wait to get my hands on some! And try your adhesive, I'm an adhesive junkie! Can't have those projects falling apart now can we???
    stampinlara

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects are delightful and I am crazy, madly, deeply in L O V E LOVE with this cupcake line of papers!!!! I hope to win so I can create scrumptious works of art too...all held together with Glue Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful day of creation! Thank you!!! Again, hoping to get a chance to try some Glue Arts and LOVE LYB too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects! The cupcake line is SO cute with these types- both bold and fun!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful cards and projects. T4S

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much beautiful-ness today!!! LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous projects as usuall!! Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome projects today....I just love how bright and summery they are...I am always so amazing how creative people are and what they come up with. Thanks for the awesome ideas and thanks for sharing...Can't wait to see what is posted tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - these are just so beautiful! I love all of these projects - thanks so much for the instructions too! I know I would never be able to come up with these ideas on my own so it helps to have step by step for my poor little brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't get over how adorable the Cupcake Love collection is!!

    I've never tried the Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares or Ribbon Adhesive, but I really need to! I can't describe how aggravating it is trying to find a good adhesive for my ribbon! I guess I need to make a trip to pick some up, along with the Glue Arts glue gun!! I've been needing one for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, all these are just toooo cute! Im totally in luv with the Cupcake Banner, woot, woot! Im looking for the Ribbon Adhesive on my next shopping trip :-) Thanks for a chance to win an adorable giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love all these projects! Cupcake banner is awesome! thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of the projects are just beautiful. Strong but easy to use adhesive is important for all those dimensional goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful projects! Love the 'Happy Heart' card - who wouldn't smile at hearts & balloons?!
    Thanks for the opportunity to win this adhesive package ... would love to try your products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delightful and beautiful projects! love the whole week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like someone had a lot of fun with this new collection. I love the look of it and all the fun projects everyone made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for posting these beautiful projects!! Those cards are gorgeous! I am heading into my LSS this weekend and hope to pick up some of your adhesives!! Thanks so much for the chance to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are gorgeous cards! Where can I find this Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive??!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Danielle's cards! Her creations are always so fabulous. And Patti's fence is so cute n adorable. Would love to try the ribbon adhesive. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What adorable ideas and the fence is absolutely the cutiest! Thanks for the change to win!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving these projects and this line! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All the projects are amazing. Lots of inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm in love with "Cupcake Love"! Seeing all of these wonderful projects makes me want this line so badly, and it's so nice to see how easily these projects go together using your great products. TFS!!!!!
    firelass51@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those button balloons! So cute!!

    Meredith
    mcshupe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness! These are the cutest projects. That fence is sooo adorable. All of them are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so loving this "Cupcake Love" and need to get it! :) These projects and cards are so pretty! and love them also...and amazing. TFS
    purplefuzz06@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love "Cupcake Love". All these beautiful projects make me want to call in sick and create! (Can't do that though because I was out for almost all last week and I was really sick:( )

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Project overload!!:)Love the flowers, rosette, fence, just everything! Wonderful work everyone!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the Fence!! It is an awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the ideas and the Pocket Card. Is this the only place we can get your product? I have never tried any that I know of but it looks like you have some great adhesives to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love every single project today! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pink overload, but loving it. I am going to have to look for more of your products, I have the pink glider pro (I think that is the name), but have not tried your other products. I would love to win some. Freebies are always welcome

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cupcake Love is just gorgeous! Glue Arts is the best!!!! Thank you for such a great give away!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This week's projects have been incredible! I too have never used the Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares or Ribbon Adhesive, but am now convinced that I must try them! Thanks for giving me TONS of inspiration this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh How I love the fun colors you used...love it!
    Fun designs, and such a great combo for both of you this week.
    Thanks so much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow what great projects.. I love those colors.. just makes you think spring :-) thanks so much for sharing..and for a chance to win some cool goodies :-)

    shelley
    lostnwa98 at frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love these projects. I havent yet tried the glues featured but would love to. Love the papers.Thanks for providing inspirations.
    Debbie
    Http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
    debbie_craine at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Holy cow! Gorgeous projects!!! I am going to look for your ribbon adhesive, I am always looking for a better way to attach ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The fence is so cute. Love Glue ARts

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love Glue Arts and Little Yellow Bicycle!!!! And I would LOVE to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. The projects are amazing and inspiring. I would love to win the supplies to make these projects. Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  45. The cards are so sweet and I love the little fence. I really like LYB and Glue Arts and would love to win the goodies to make some of the projects. Thanks for the chance to score some great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  46. every time I visit I think y'all can't possibly out do what you have just posted and then each time you do!!!! AMAZING stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would probably use more ribbons on my card creations if I had a good ribbon glue - so far, what I've been able to find either seeps through or leaves a "bump", so I would LOVE to get my hands on this product of yours and give it a test drive! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow Love the projects!! I would love to have the giveaway products!! Just what every Glue Girl needs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovely projects...as always. Hoping to get a few things done intime for the DT call. I am away from my craft cave, so I havent' been able to yet.

    ReplyDelete
  50. My two favorite projects today are the pocket card and the Hugs For Sale fence! Love them! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful projects! Love this line and Glue Arts is fab too! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  52. great as always! I especially love the crepe paper flowers. So elegant!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great projects! I love the "Hugs for Sale" Fence!

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOW, and double WOW! I have been loving all the projects but today's have just knocked me over! SO SO So cute!! The cards are fabulous and I love the accordion flower. The Design team outdid themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Al of these projects are so cute. I especially like the togetherness card.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Excellent cards! And the fence decor is out of this world!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. These projects are YUMMY!!! Love them. Sure would love some new adhesives too! Thanks for the great inspiration and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Super cute projects! Thanks for sharing all these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  59. OMG!!!! I found it!! Cupcake Rocks! I just makes you happy to look at LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. These projects are all fabulous! Thanks so much for hosting such a cool contest.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the hearts, love the colors! I'm glad to see that there are others who believe hearts should be used long past valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  62. WoW You weren't kidding when you said "amazed" these are some of the most beautiful projects I have ever seen! They truely are remarkable..
    I want to try some of the ribbon adhesive for sure. Thank you Glue Arts for sharing these wonderful project ideas with us....
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  63. What gorgeous projects! I'm loving the Cupcake collection. Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Super cute ideas...this week I'm on vacation skiing at Breckenridge but ur blog and beautiful projects put the cherry on top to a wonderful day! Will be using tons of Glue Arts products to scrap all my ski photos! Love LYB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love the cupcake collection. Thank you for the chance of winning a Glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Oooohhh...ribbon adhesive?! What a brilliant idea! Gorgeous projects...love them! And love Glue Arts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful projects! I'm loving the Cupcake collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love this collection! And I love Glue Arts too! Ribbon adhesive sounds good. I'm tired of the glue dot look!

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOW, what fabulous projects today! Love the cards and the home decor. You all are SO talented. Thanks for sharing with us today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  70. Great projects and love that LYB Cupcakes line! I haven't seen Glue Arts products around here but they intrigue me! Especially the ribbon adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I like how fun these projects are. Thanks for all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love your bright and cheerful projects! It makes me feel so much better when I am facing bitter cold below zero temperatures for the next 2 nights!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Crazy for the little Hugs for Sale fence project, and I'm not sure if it was a cupcake garland or just a graphic separator, but the line of cupcakes with the thin strip thru them was just stinkin cute ! Would love to try your products ! Don't have a good craft store in town :-(

    ReplyDelete
  74. these are gorgeous! I love all of them.
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  75. WOW! Gorgeous products! Can't wait to get my hands on them...

    Nancy R

    ReplyDelete
  76. Great projects! I would like to try the extreme adhesive squares! thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love your projects with LYB cupcake collection!!I have never used your ribbon adhesive-but I love my glue glider-so I would love to try your other adhesives! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Today's post was stunning loved it all. I haven't tried glue arts extreme adhesive or ribbon adhesive yet, but definitely will on my next project. Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love all these great ideas. You use glue to create a memory that is priceless. Glue may hold paper together, but it also holds memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I would love to be half as creative and talented as your DT members. Once again.... great projects. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I Love these beautiful creations..I have never used ribbon adhesive but would love to try it..
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    Minta

    mintab@gmail.com
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  82. I have used the ribbon adhesive. I had some velvet ribbon that I couldn't get glued down on a card. Tried everything and it wouldn't hold. So when I saw the ribbon adhesive in the store I was skeptical. But bought it anyway and was I happy. I use on it all my ribbon projects now. Thanks for making it.

    ReplyDelete
  83. These are awsome. Cute ideas with such beautiful and vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Fantastic projects!! The only adhesive I've tried is the Glue Glider Pro and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I am looking for the ribbon adhesive but haven't found it yet. I'm anxious to try it out! Also have not tried the squares yet, but I have tried the Glue Glider in a class I attended and loved it! Definitely on my wish list to get one!
    Great ideas! Love the cards and the fence project.
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love these projects, especially the card ideas! Want to try a little more home decor. Very anxious to try the ribbon adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Ooh, I love the pocket card and the Together card. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I heard so much about your products. Would love to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  89. As usual, wonderful projects! I love "Little Yellow Bicycle"!

    ReplyDelete
  90. These are adorable projects! Thanks for sharing so many ideas from LYB. I would love to try some of the new adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  91. These projects rock. I love all of the details that have been added to them.

    ReplyDelete
  92. The projects here blow me away each time I visit!! wonderful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. More wonderful projects - thanks for all the detailed instructions.
    I am afraid to say that I haven't tried any of your products - shame on me, but I don't see them in any of the stores down here.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Love the butterfly on a wire...such a cute idea that I can see going so many places. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  95. oh wow--your dt made amazing work!!! i love it all! LYB sent me over here and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Wow - incredible cards!!! I am loving this line from LYB and all that can be done with it - I would LOVE to try that ribbon adhesive - haven't found anything that I'm wild about yet. Thanks for posting those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  97. SOOO Excited! Found you from Little Yellow Bicycle's blog and am so glad I am here! I work with a lot of vintage-era items like doilies which tear so easily when applying adhesive. I am anxious to use your Mini Adhesive Squares to make my creations 'come together'!
    ...doin' the happy feet dance!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Love the fence. Awesome projects. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  99. FABULOUS creations!! Love Cupcake Love and Glue Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  100. These projects are all gorgeous. I have never tried the ribbon adhesive, but it sure would be an answer to adhering ribbon! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Darling creations using the Cupcake line. Patti's "Hugs" is so cute and as always Dani did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Wonderful creations, all are awesome, just love Daneilles card, the crepe paper roses are so cute!!! And the picket fence, just so darn cute!!
    Love the details on all the projects,lots of great ideas!!
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  103. Love the cuteness, makes me look so forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  104. Soooo cute!!!! Love every one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  105. these are awesome projects and thanks for chance to win

    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  106. Sweet ideas. Love the banners and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  107. These are such beautiful works of art! You amaze me on the Glue arts blog, and I never want to miss any so I receive them via email. Loving the Love in this week's projects! TFS!!
    jordanbev5 @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I am totally in AWE of all the amazing inspiration posted here today! Not only in using these great supplies from LYB, but also in the instructions for each post, and some great tips on making sure everything gets adhered to stay stuck! I didn't even know there WAS ribbon adhesive...have to get me some of that for sure! Thanks for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Glue Arts and your designers just *wow* me everyday....great just to get emails and see what lovely projects and such inspiration! Yes, I have to Glue Glider and nope I have never tried the Extreme Adhesive Squares yet. I love the Cupcake Collection and what a nice surprise that would be to win all. Thanks for the opporunity and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Everything is so cute! Great job everyone!

    And yes...PLEASE let me be a Glue Girl!


    -Tifany
    htpp://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  111. OH MY OH MY! These projects and cards today are SUPER gorgeous! All are stunning:) LOOOOOOVE it! I have a Glue Glider--and I love it:) Can't wait to get more GA products:)

    Thanks for the chance to win! sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  112. Beautiful cards and home decor. The projects are all amazing, you have a brilliant design team.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete