Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Get to Know Designer Cheri Wenger!!

Today we're shining the spotlight on one of our very talented designers....Cheri Wenger! 


Cheri has been apart of the Glue Arts team for many years and always puts a fun creative spin on her many projects she's made for us. Today we're happy to share with you a bit about our talented Glue Girl....Cheri Wenger!!   


Those of you who are Glue Arts fans probably know already that I love doing ANYTHING that involves being creative…photography, writing, illustrating, design, stamping, paper crafts so that is why I named my blog Live Life Creatively. It’s a place where I share stories about the people in my life and post projects to hopefully inspire others to live their life more creatively.

One thing I LOVE about my family is that we often have these CRAZY, silly dinner conversations…and we don’t exclude friends, boyfriends and neighbors from our antics.

One of my funniest Glue Arts projects is the “You Make Me Laugh” mini album I created a couple years ago for Summer CHA. It has a bunch of crazy family photos that really show the humorous side of my family. (If you would like to see the entire album, just click on the picasa gallery link on my blog.) 


Our family life has literally been documented in photos and craft projects. I joke with any guys who start dating my girls, Ashley and Kylie, that dating comes with an unwritten contract to agree to be photographed and potentially appear in future scrapbook pages and projects. (and they look at me as if I am kidding, but really, I’m not…as they eventually find out!)

Our most recent family photo…
My absolute favorite Glue Arts project is My Beachy Bird House, one that is special to me for a number of reasons.
I have always loved the beach. It makes me feel so relaxed and close to God. This project resides on my desk as a reminder of how blessed I am to be living my dream of residing in Florida. It is crafted using the very first paper collection that I have ever designed, The Cabana Collection.
Life with two high schoolers is never dull. Our life is consumed with activities, friends, volleyball, school activities and as many trips to the beach as we can fit in.
It is hard to believe that in just a few months our oldest daughter will be graduating and soon heading to college.
This layout with the girls and my niece was created shortly after we moved to Florida in 2004.
This May will be Kylie’s 16th Birthday and Ashley’s graduation. This June, Ashley turns 18 and in August, Dan and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary. The very next day is Ashley’s move in day at college. I think Bella, our wacky wheaton terrier, is the only one not celebrating anything big this summer.
When I am not dreaming up a Glue Arts design team project to inspire you, you might catch me…

Working on an article or submission • Designing a new digital collection for my shop at www.mygrafico.com  • Creating something fun for my Project 365 Personal Challenge• Posting to my Blog • Finishing up on a graphic design project for a customer • Or escaping to the beach.

I have way too much fun using all the Glue Arts adhesives, but if I had to pick a new favorite, it would be the Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares.

Relationships we build are a lot like glue…they stick with you and hold things together when life seems to want to fall apart. I hope today, you get to live life creatively!


Thanks Cheri for sharing a bit of you with all of us!! 


Before we head off today we wanted to let you know that our Glue Girl Designer Kristen Swain is the Guest Designer at one of our favorite companies...Imaginisce!! So please be sure to stop in and visit the Imaginisce blog today...and Kristen's blog! Both have opportunities to win Glue Arts products and we're betting some Imaginisce products as well!

And speaking of winners...it's time to announce the lucky winner of last week's Little Yellow Bicycle's Cupcake Love collection and our Glue Arts Glider Pro and more!! 

The winner is:

Karen L said...


OMG!! Those cards are just adorable!! Would love to win this prize package and am a big fan of Little Yellow Bicycle! Have never tried Glue Arts products so am keeping my fingers crossed!






52 comments:

  1. OH, I love Cheri's birdhouse. How adorable!! And I posted a "hello" on the Imaginisce facebook wall. Wow, thanks for the chance to win some of your fantastic adhesives!!! (My stash is running out).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said Hello to Imaginisce. I am almost out of refill, so this would be a good thing. I need to refill my favorite adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely said hello over at Imaginisces FB page...would luv to win! And congratulations to Karen one super lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas here on this blog! And I have liked Imaginisce forever, follow them daily, so it is so easy fo me to say hello to them on FB---I DID! Thanks for the chance to win this super prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! thanks for the chance!!!!! left some love on imaginisce fb page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Waved" Hello to the wonderful people on the Imaginisce FB page =) Love both you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sent a big "HELLO" to Imaginisce. I would love to try you Glue Glider Pro. And Kristen you have such fun ideas and projects. I can't wait to see what is to come from the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Karen for winning that wonderful prize!! Love the spotlight on Cheri today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just said Hi to Imaginisce on FB!! I follow them and you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went over to the Imaginisce FB page to say hello. Love those projects that Kristen did with their products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sent a big 'ole hello to Imaginisce on FB! Great projects over here too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you Cheri! Love the birdhouse!!
    Said hello to Imaginisce too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I said hello to Imaginisce! I also ended up buying the Scrapbook Steals Deal of the day - the Imaginisce Dino Roar Collection Kit :) Now if only I could win some Glue Arts products, I could make some adorable little layouts ;) Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the birdhouse, have visted Karen, and Said Hello to Imiginisce.
    Debbie
    debbie_craine at hotmail dot com
    http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I said hello all around @ THEIR FACEBOOK page...great inspiration today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said hi on imaginisce's page. Thanks for the contest! Love the projects!
    brettaneynquinton at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Made my way over to Imaginisce on FB to say *hello* and now back to aw and ooo over the projects from Chris. I love that Birdhouse and the paper on it. I love the layouts...you rock girl! Now on my way to visit the rest of the great company....
    Thanks for sharing with us and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopped by Imaginisce to say "hi"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! LOVE, LOVE the Birdhouse!! TOO COOL!! TFS! I said Hi and gave some <3 to Imaginisce on their facebook wall! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved learning more about Cheri.. her birdhouse is simply stunning. I am dreaming of moving to FL one day too! (I wanna be close to beaches and Disney!!) Congrats to Kristen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cheri rocks. Love the birdhouse esp. I'm just returning from the Imaginesce Facebook page where I sent some smooches from their friends at Glue Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. yup, I did it. Posted on the Imaginisce site and said hello to Kristen. But of course had to spell her name wrong...sorry Kristen. Oh my any time there is blog candy of any sort..there I am....lol. Thanks for the fun Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry Cheri I got caught up in the blog candy and never told u how wonderful I find your creations especially that birdhouse. I am a bird lover so it really made me smile. I do love your unusual looking but cute, dog. LOL I too use to tell my boys girlfriends that if the camera came out they could NOT hide from me. Not everyone liked that!!!!!!!! thanks for the great posting today.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the bird house. Went to Imaginisce and said Hello. Looking forward to seeing more fun projects. Thanks, for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh that little beach house is the cutest!!!! loved reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just went over and "Liked" Imaginisce facebook page!! Today's featured projects are wonderful.
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/
    pennykitz@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just went to the Imaginisce facebook page.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    rpcrafter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have been to the Imaginisce facebook page and left my message.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just went over to the Imaginisce FB page and said hi! Thanks for a chance to win a fab prize. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Said a big "Hey" to Imaginisce and "liked" their page. Of course I told them you guys at Glue Arts sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!! =) So glad I found you through Imaginisce!! I am a NEW FOLLOWER!! =) I LOVE the inspiration for today and that birdhouse is too cute!! =) I also REALLY like Kristen's projects and want to say a BIG THANKS to you for the chance to win such a FABULOUS PRIZE!! I shouted a HI out on the FB page and would just LOVE to try your products!! THANKS again for the chance to win, its gonna make someone's week!! =) Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just said hello on the Imaginisce facebook page. Kris' blog is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I said Hello at Imaginisce's FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just stopped by Imaginisce's FB page. Love their company and yours. I hope to win! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yay a chance to win. Thanks for offering the contest =) And I left some love on imaginisce page =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just finished making my hello comment on Imaginisce. Both companies are terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Said hello at Imaginisce.

    ReplyDelete
  38. popped over to Imaginisce on FB to say Hello :-) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That bird house is too cute! Said hi on their FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I said howdy to Imaginisce
    thanks for the chance to win some glue :D
    always in need
    ajh1985@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I visit GA and Imaginisce daily so I have already been there. Thanks for introducing me to Cheri. Love her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Said Hi to Imaginisce on Facebook and drooled over that gorgeous beaded album. I'm off to study the pictures of that a little more so I can figure out how to make my own version.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Left some Love for Imaginisce! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I just said hello on the Imaginisce facebook page and am now a new follower. I LOVE the beachy bird house. I can imagine that all the birds will want to live in it. lol. The other projects, etc are awesome too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome projects! Love the beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Left some love on Imaginisce FB. Great projects today!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I said hello and am already a huge Imaginisce fan, both on their blog and on FB ... GREAT company.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow! I love the Cabana House! I would love to have that paper collection!
    I left some love over on Imaginisce's FB. Thanks for sponsoring their giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Posted a hello on Imaginisce FB. Really enjoyed your blog post today and looking forward to what you have planed for the new month.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Left some love! Saw Kristen over on the Imaginisce site! LOVE LOVE LOVE her:) Thanks for the chance to win:) sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ps....LOVE these projects by Cheri! She is amazing too:)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Said "hi" to Imaginisce on FB. Love both your companies products!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Posted on Imaginisce on FB! Thanks for some great chances!

    ReplyDelete