Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Goals, Girls' Paperie and Goodies!!

Happy Friday!

We're back for Day Two of our spotlight on the Girls' Paperie On Holiday line! Today's post (forgive us...because we just have to do this) ..is just the Tweetest!!

Sorry it was too good to pass up but don't you agree? Linda took paper and stickers and made one of the sweetest items around...perfect for spring..because admit it..we're all wishing for it...and perfect for Easter. (now we might be pushing it) Consider remaking it for a Love Birds theme...now that is Tweet.(alright we know!) Let's get to the projects...




LoveBirds Boxes
Designer: Linda Albrecht

Supplies:
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with Extreme Tac Adhesive and Fabric Bond Adhesive
Glue Arts Mini Glue Gun and hot melt sticks
The Girl's Paperie "On Holiday" papers and Sticker Pad "Travel Text"
Felt, embroidery floss and Fiberfill batting
15 Gauge wire
Miscellaneous trims and lace
Buttons and brads for embellishments
Artificial nest, eggs and berries
Clear glitter
Brown and white acrylic paints
Clear sealer
Ranger Rock Candy Crackle paint


Tip:

When adhering paper to boxes apply the adhesive to the paper, not the box. I've found that you'll have less wrinkling that way because the paper will "give" a little if needed. Make sure also to apply adhesive right up to the very edge of the paper so that it is less likely to tear when using the box if there isn't any loose edges.
Email Linda at: DNL6echt@hickorytech.net 
if you would like the template and instructions for the felt Lovebirds and put "Lovebirds" in the subject line.

Instructions:
1. Cover paper mache boxes with patterned papers using the Extreme Tac Adhesive. Use a generous amount along all of the edges so that it holds tight during use of the boxes.
2. Paint the lids of the boxes with one coat of white acrylic paint and sprinkle with clear glitter while still wet.
3. Apply one thick coat of brown acrylic paint to the lids, allow to dry then lightly sand. This will expose white flecks where the paint is removed from the glitter.
4. Adhere labels and letters stickers to the front surface of the boxes then apply a coat of clear Crackel paint, allow to dry thenswipe with brown paint and quickly wipe off excess so that the paint just stays in the crackled lines. Apply a coat of liquid sealer to the paper over the boxes or use a spray sealer to protect the paper during use.
5. Cut bird pieces from felt and sew together, leaving the tail end open for stuffing and inserting yarn, lace, and tulle for tail feathers. Use the Glue Arts mini glue gun to adhere the tail feathers.
6. Use 15 Gauge black wire to make beaks and legs. Wire the birds onto the top of the smaller container through their feet.


7. Use embroidery floss to stitch eyes onto the head.
8. Make hats with patterned paper and Extreme Tac Adhesive then add embelishments with hot glue. Make sure to add a button to the top of each hat!
9. Put together a small bird's nest with mini artificial eggs and berries then use the mini hot glue gun to adere it to the box lid.





and switching gears which shows just how versatile this line is...we go from birds to a bit of late summer fishing!!


Let's Go Fishing Layout
Designer: Julia Sandvoss


Supplies:


Glue Glider Pro High Tac, 3D Combo Pac and Extreme Adhesive Mini Squares
The Girls' Paperie "On Holiday" Papers and Ledger Sticker Pad
Fiskars Wave Border Punch
Blue Cardstock
Making Memories Metal Artisan Signage & Pin
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Evergreen Spray Mists
American Crafts Alphabet Stickers
The Twinery Twine


Instructions:


1.  Spray Mist onto Vintage Travel background paper. Allow time to dry.
2. Next cut a 6 by 12 inch strip from the Mixed Dots paper. Adhere to bottom half of background paper.
3. Punch a decorative edge on the Pennants paper. Cut punched strip 2 by 12 inches.   Punch a 1 by 12 inch strip using the Wave border punch. Cut a 1/2 by 12 inch strip from the Travel Ticking paper. Ink edges.
4. Adhere strips to top edge of Mixed Dots paper. Add two 4 by 6 photos. Adhere with a slight tilt.
5. Cut a 3/4 by 12 inch strip from the Travel Ticking paper. Ink the edges and adhere to bottom edge of paper. Cut a 1/4 by 12 inch strip from the Pennants paper. Ink edges and adhere over strip. Next using your sewing machine...stitch the two papers onto background. 
6. Add Journaling sticker, title stickers, pin and Fishing letters. Sew again over bottom edge of Fishing stickers.



7. Cut out 5 pennants from the Pennant paper. Press pennants onto 3D Foam and trim to shape. Adhere yellow cardstock to foam and again trim to shape to fit corner of paper. Remove backing liner and adhere to paper. 

8. Cut a 1/4 by 6 inch strip from the Travel Ticking paper. Ink edges and adhere to sun. Using Extreme Mini Squares...roll the squares up and lightly press twine onto adhesive. Add word stickers.
9. Finish with stickers, embellishments and journaling.




Thanks so much to those of you who left us a comment about your goals and plans. It was enjoyable to read those and also realize just how many of us have the same goals.  We'd love to hear a bit more from you...would you like us to incorporate a layout and card idea during our partner weeks in addition to our paper craft projects? Or do you enjoy the paper crafting altered ideas more? What would you like...we would really love to hear!


And remember we're giving away a chance to win our Glue Glider Pro! We know given how many of you commented you need to scrapbook more..that our Pro is one tool you MUST have! We'll announce a random winner on Monday!


And speaking of Monday...hang onto your seats because we're partnering back up with Echo Park Paper and will be sharing ideas using their beautiful Wintertime Collection! You won't want to miss a single day!!!

76 comments:

  1. Those lovebirds are soooooooo adorable!!! Tooo cute!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the bird box is the CUTEST! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the bird on the box. Would love to see more mixed media projects. I think I should win - last name PRO

    ReplyDelete
  4. incorporating layouts would be nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the bird project. I personally enjoy mixed media projects. There are so many scrapbooking blogs out there, but not a blog like Glue Arts where you can find such a great mixture of paper altered arts and crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see more cards and layouts since that's what I create most! I NEED a Glue Glider Pro so bad it's ridiculous! I would be the luckiest girl in the world to win one :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. The box is just too cute! It gave me a great idea to do with my old beat up boxes! Thanks!

    ohjoy@joy-bay.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that Love Birds Box!! Great inspiration. I enjoy both papercrafting ideas and card ideas. Not really into scrapbooking, yet. I'm always interested in unusual uses for paper and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love love love the little birds...they are so super cute....Thank you so much for sharing with us. You gave me some new great ideas...Thank you!! Brandy

    Penbrandy at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the hat box project. It really is inspirational! Happy Friday to you and your team!

    little lauer at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous projects! I think the boxes are so "tweet"!!! And YAY for ECho Park!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute project. I prefer to see cards and layouts.

    Indira

    ReplyDelete
  13. Posting for the GGP and L-O-V-E Julia's fishing LO...and can't wait for Echo Park next week. I jus rec'd an order of EP paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great project! I would love to see Layouts,cards and altered projects so a little mixture of both! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute birds today! I would like to see a little of both! Thanks Glue Arts for all the projects you share, and for outstanding adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes anything you can add layouts, cards I am new to scrappin' so I'm appreciating all the help! Thank you Glue Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how cute is that? love the birds lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. i would love to see page and card ideas! :)omg! that project up there is adorable!omg! i have been wanting a glue glider for forever! tfac! jen t.

    ReplyDelete
  19. now I wish I had some round boxes! hummm, or nice square ones even! thanks for all the inspiration ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just awesome!! Thanks for sharing this darling idea. I have some of these boxes and now I know what I'm going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing projects! I would love a card and scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the diversity of the projects you show! I find LOs and cards more useful to my day-to-day work, especially when they highlight different techniques and handmade embellishments. However, I also like the altered items, as they emphasize the full potential of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to see layouts and cards too! I think that is a great idea and I can't wait to see some yummy Echo Park goodness coming up too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a paper crafts person, but card and layout ideas are really helpful too. I think a lot of the techniques for the cards and layouts can be applied to other projects as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute box, but i am a scrapbooker so page layouts of every size and cards are more me!

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those birds!

    jlh774 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the birdies,the variety of projects you show is awesome, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love a mix of products! I rarely make altered projects, but I still enjoy seeing them! Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't do too many altered projects - no place to put them! But seeing them from time to time is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those birds are too cute, thanks for showcasing such talented artists!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a wonderful project and i love the layout example. Thanks for such great instructions!! Great inspiration - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those birds are very "tweet"! And love the lo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE the birds box! I really enjoy the paper crafting altered ideas projects and would like to see more mixed media as well as card ideas (I teach card-making classes). Thanks! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love how radically different those projects are in one post. :) Those birds are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love those boxes with the birds! Great layout, such a versatile line!! I love the neat altered projects, but I don't do much altering. So I guess I would vote for layout and card ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those little birdies are super cute. I would like to see more layout ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love to see more layouts. Although some of these projects have really got me itching to do one. Thank you for putting the directions out there for us.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am soo glad your site gives us a wide variety of great paper projects. Makes me want to try them all. What great work. Happy New Year Glue Arts & hurry up spring.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The birds and the boxes are very beautiful! I love the variety of projects that you show on the blog. I would like to see a few ideas for cards, especially Valentines Day cards! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great projects! Those birds are just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'd love to see more cards especially but more scrap pages would be great too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The love birds are too cute!! I would like to see more mixed-media & cards, also!!
    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great projects! I love Linda's birds!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  44. Adorable projects posted today, and such a tease for next week. I love to do altered items and paper crafts projects. I agree with another poster...cards and scrapbook layouts are aplenty, and easy to find. Linda Slattery

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous projects! I would love to see more cards since that's what I make the most.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love those boxes! And I love the altered projects.

    ReplyDelete
  47. As a card maker I would love to see more cards.



    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I enjoy just about any type of paper crafting and learning new techniques to keep it interesting. So bring it all on. Thanks for asking. CyndiU
    cureta2 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'd love to see card designs as well as the paper crafting project ideas. Layouts would be great, too, but cards would definitely be my #1 choice!

    ReplyDelete
  50. wow super cute projects... such talent

    ReplyDelete
  51. you have the BEST showcase of projects! Love the ideas and the BIRDS and fishing LAYOUT are superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. loving the birds thanks for the tips on using the adhesives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Anotther day and another great layout and project. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I like seeing the altered items but would love to see some cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  55. ECHO PARK IS HUGE! Love their stuff! Those birds are too tsweet!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the altered projects and would love seeing more cards, too! It is sweet inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  57. LOVIN' these projects! Each are super cute! I love seeing LOs--and I would love love love to see more cards!!

    Thanks so much for all the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Cute box!

    I like seeing layouts, cards, mini gifts or items you can use to present small gifts (think teacher, thank you, gift cards, creative money presenters, ect.).

    ReplyDelete
  59. The bird box is great!
    Just to let you know I'm not into scrapbooking so I tend to skip over those posts but I really all the posts with cards, altered things and books. stamping sue

    ReplyDelete
  60. I would love to see some more layouts and cards, but maybe throw in mixed media every now or then. Thank you for sharing your art, you have a great and wonderful talent.
    pennykitz@charter.net
    http://pennykitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. The little birds are so cute! And I love the fishing layout. I think it would be great to incorporate more layouts. I am always looking for more layout inspiration, and with the partnerships you have every week, this would be a great place to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  62. OMGosh! That bird box is awesome and so creative. Love the layout too! All the projects are so inspiring. I would love to be the lucky winner to win this sweeeeeeet giveaway. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the birds, so cute! And can't wait to see the ideas with Echo Park Wintertime Paper. Thank you for the chance to win the Glue Glider Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Cute birds, and love the LO. Would love to see more LO's and cards.
    Thanks for the chance to win a Glue Glider Pro.
    mkds312@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I would love to see more cards, since I am a cardmaker. I also enjoyed the birds. Love the little buttons on the top of their hats. Thank you for a chance to win!
    tripletmom@kc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Scrapbooking projects please! That is what I love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  67. More card and layout ideas!! Love all the projects you show, but I mostly make cards and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  68. oooh those boxes are so great.i love the idea of putting the adhesive on the paper first. great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I would love to see more papercrafting ideas, especially cards, tags and ATC's! I make lots of tags, and so do a lot of other crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  70. the birds are the cutest!! thanks for the inspiration!
    chichijunk at cs dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. What wonderful projects! I love that you are giving us plenty of inspiration, so I will really like it if yo do all the ideas, the paper art, the layout and the card, the more, the merrier, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh my goodness! The Little Girl line is precious and coupled with the 3D Combo Pack from Glue Arts, what beautiful artwork it would create!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love the idea that I can combine my scrap stuff and altered items. The Bird box is the perfect example of that. I love the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete