Accent It All around the house with our vinyl accents!
We've showed you windows, walls, cars, mirrors..today...picture frames and yes...sweet Valentine plates!
Wait till you see what we have for you today!
Cheri Wenger shows how you can transform this picture frame from this...
Oh So Tweet Frame
Designer: Cheri Wenger
This project makes a perfect Valentine’s gift, but can also be used as home decor or for a wedding gift or reception.
Glue Arts: Accent-it-All Black Vinyl; Glue Glider™ Pro with Repositionable Adhesive; Mini Extreme Adhesive Squares
Michaels: $4 Studio Decor Simply Classic Black Frame; Recollections Adhesive Pearls; Offray Black & Silver 3/8" Satin Ribbon
Stampin’ Up!®: Crystal Effects; 5/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Little Leaves Sizzlits die
JoAnn's: Studio 112 $1 Black and Silver Die-Cut Stickers; Iridescent Glitter
Darice: Black Sequins
Marvy: Flower punch
Xacto: Cutting Knife
Basic Grey: Bittersweet Blushing Pink CS (frame insert)
Core’dinations: Stilleto Core Couture Glittered CS
Lovey Dovey Collection - digital brushes & bonus svg files by Cheri Wenger http://www.mygrafico.com/illustrations-cli.../prod_3985.html
QuicKutz® Silhouette™ Digital Craft Cutter w/ Adobe Illustrator on Mac Computer
Scrap Paper (for recycling glitter)
* Temporary adhesive was used to temporarily position photo onto CS so that it can be changed out seasonally or yearly, if desired.
1. Mount photo onto 7" x 5" piece of Bittersweet CS with Glue Arts Temporary Adhesive. Insert inside of frame.
2. Scale and cut svg graphics from Lovey Dovey collection** bonus svg art for use on frame. I set up a separate file with the graphics I was using on my Mac using Adobe Illustrator. Then I cut them out of Glue Arts’ Accent-It-All black vinyl with RoboCraft Software on my Silhouette Digital Diecutter. These svg files can be used with Cricuit diecutter and SCAL software.
**Note: You can purchase the Lovey Dovey collection in my digi shop on www.mygrafico.com and you recieve the 5 bonus svg files for free with the set. Direct link to product - http://www.mygrafico.com/digi-tools/photos.../prod_3984.html or you can use similar svg files to create your own custom frame!
3. These black vinyl graphics were then added on top of glass. I used an Xacto knife to help remove them from sheet and add them to the glass. Silhouette makes transfer paper that works with their vinyl to transfer detailed designs in perfect alignment. I haven't gotten to test this out, but I think it would be very helpful with these detailed graphics. I just used my eye to position so alignment isn't 100% exact.
4. Apply small black vinyl heart on top of CS and trim around shape to create paper heart which will be used on top of bow later on.
5. Punch 2 flowers using large Marvy punch from Core’dinations pink glittered CS.
Crumple CS, bend to soften, then separate CS into 2 pieces as shown in the photo below. Repeat again on 2nd punched flower to create 4 flower pieces.
6. Further manipulate separated paper flowers, crumple, fold and pinch together. Keep inner fuzzy side of punched floral facing up. Add mini extreme adhesive squares to hold pinched flower together. Create four of these, which will be joined together to make full flower. Fluff and bend to form into your flower.
7. To add some stiffness to flower and to sugar coat it, I applied Crystal Effects clear lacquer with a paint brush to the petals then sprinkled iridescent glitter on top.
Use a catch sheet of scrap paper below the rose for sprinkling glitter lightly on top and recycling excess back into container.
8. Make a criss cross bow using black and silver ribbon and mini adhesive squares to connect each loop in the center. The paper liner on the mini extreme adhesive squares makes it easy to apply the squares onto the ribbon and keep your hands free of adhesive!
9. Trailing ribbons were added to the bow using mini extreme adhesive squares to attach ribbon to frame and create gentle draping effect.
10. Use mini extreme adhesive squares on back side of pink paper heart created earlier and add on top of bow.
11. Apply black & silver stickers to add verse on top of glass. Add mini extreme adhesive squares to back of sequins and add to frame surrounding vinyl graphics. Embellish these with small adhesive pearls.
12. Cut piece of grosgrain ribbon and trim ends to diagonal point. Make loop and secure with mini extreme adhesive squares and attach to lower right corner of frame.
13. Diecut little leaves from pink glittered CS. Attach to bottom of frame using Crystal effects. Place several mini extreme adhesive squares on top of grosgrain ribbon to add flower. Before adding squeeze a small puddle of laquer in corner to help hold flower in place. Attach flower.
Close Up detail of sugared paper flower:
14. Add large and small adhesive pearls to outside of frame to decorate and finish.
Close up detail of frame graphics:
And how about decorating your dining room....set a sweet and special place setting for your family!! Designer Julia Sandvoss shows you a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day...well every day!
Valentine Dinner Wear
Designer: Julia Sandvoss
Designer Tip: I picked up these fun plates at Target on clearance knowing my family would get a kick out of using them for sandwiches, snacks and those plates of cookies that always seem to be around. Supplies: Glue Arts Accent It All vinyl...Dazzle Me Red, White Out, Goin Green and Tickle Me Pink Sizzix Big Shot Die Cut System - Heart Layers, Flower Layers Dies Cricut Expression - All Mixed Up and Doodlecharms Cartridges Plates
So are you ready to add some Accent It All around your home? Well we can help out...simply leave us a comment and we'll pick a random winner next Monday who will win 2 sheets each of our Accent It All Vinyl in Dazzle Red, Tickle Me Pink, Sterling Silver, White Out, Wild Blue Yonder and Plum Crazy!! And to assist your crafting...we'll include our Adhesive Squares which are a must have for every crafter! Simply leave us a comment ....we know you want to win!
On a side note...we're all headed off today to CHA! We'll be updating our Twitter and Facebook pages with pictures and posts about what we're up to. So if you're not a Glue Arts fan on Facebook or Twitter...now is the time!