Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Trees All A Glow & A Glitter!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle-belling
And everyone telling you
Be of good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year...

That song will resonant through you today when you see the projects we have for you today. It's been such a great week with our partner Graphic 45! And be sure to tune in on Monday..we have two more projects to share and will announce this week's winners.

Graphic 45's Christmas Past holiday collection is perfect for a myriad of uses....just take a look at the gorgeous set of holiday trees Glue Girl Jessica Barnett has made for us. And Glue Girl Lesley Langdon has something special for you too...a video showing you how to recreate the flower on her beautiful holiday package.

Think of making these to sit on your Christmas Tree branches or mantle.

So grab a cup of coffee or hot cocoa and sit back and enjoy...






Christmas Tree Set 
Designer: Jessica Barnett

Supplies Needed:
Glue Arts hot glue gun
Graphic 45 Christmas Past paper pad
May Arts green faux suede leaves
Silver Pearl trim
Small ornaments
Paper trimmer
Scissors
Ruler
Postage stamp shaped punch
Glitter Mod Podge and brush
Liquid glue
Opaque white glitter
Paints that coordinate with chosen papers and brush
Glimmer mist
Paper Mache tree kit or foam trees, pots and dowels to make your own set


Instructions:
1. Choose your papers from the stack. You'll need at least one sheet for each tree. I was so excited that colors other than just the traditional red and green were included in this pad!
2. Use the paints and brush to paint the pieces of your tree kit. Paint each tree a color that will coordinate with the paper you're going to use on it. The paint will help hide the natural color of the trees in case you don't get full coverage from your paper pieces. Paint the bases the same color and don't forget to paint the dowels. Allow to dry.
3. Cut the pieces of paper into 1 by 12 inch strips. Cut these strips along the bottom to create a fringe, then cut the strips into smaller pieces, like shingles. The trees can't be covered with the strips when they're still in one piece because the cone shape of the tree doesn't allow them to lay flat. You can hold two of the strips and cut them at the same time if your scissors are sharp.
4. Start at the bottom of your tree and use the Glue Arts hot glue gun to attach the pieces of paper to the form. Curl the ends of the strips up as you go.
5. When your tree is covered, use the brush to give the strips a quick, thin coat of the glitter Mod Podge. Use the brush to fluff up the cut ends as you go so they don't dry flat against the form.
6. Use the bottle of liquid glue to add drops of "snow" to the branches of the trees. The opaque glitter is great for a wintry look.
7. Use a postage stamp shaped punch to make little postcards from one of the sheets of paper, and spray them with the glimmer mist.

8. Use the hot glue gun to attach the postcard shapes and mini ornaments to the tree.
9. Measure the top of each flower pot shaped base and cut a strip of paper to fit it. Attach each strip with the Glue Arts hot glue gun, and then attach a strip of pearl trim under the strip.
10. Use the Glue Arts hot glue gun to attach a small ornament to the top of each tree. A strip of pearl trim can be added to hide and other imperfections near the top of the tree.
11. Cut the May Arts leaves apart and attach to the base of each tree with the Glue Arts hot glue gun.


 Graphic 45 Christmas Flower
Designer: Lesley Langdon

Supplies:
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun
Glue Arts Glue Sticks
Graphic 45 Patterned Paper (Christmas Past Collection)
Canvas
Studio Multi-Medium Gloss (by Ranger) or similar
UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel by Ranger
VersaMark Ink by Tsukineko (or similar)
Felt
Water
Brad or Bead
Tools: Circle Die Cut, Die Cut Machine, Scissors, Heat Gun, Bottles for Drying, Metal Clip, Circle Punch


Instructions: IN VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMYfdZD5Thc




And we couldn't leave you today without sharing one of our favorite projects from Guest Designer Candy Rosenberg. 



Renaissance Woman
Guest Designer: Candy Rosenberg

This was the second mannequin that I made and was featured at the January 2010 CHA show in Anaheim, California.  It was a true labor of love, it took about 25 hours to complete and I was so thrilled with the end result, as I had the picture in my mind and just not sure I could pull it off in real life.  I love how it came out.  It is also featured in the current issue of Somerset Gallery from Stampington & Co.

Is that not stunning??!! You can visit Candy's blog to see more of her unique and beautiful projects and don't forget to visit our partner's blog...Graphic 45! They've been sharing equally beautiful creations there all week long during our product partnership. Eye candy galore!!! 

And last be sure to leave us a comment today....we'd love to hear how you've enjoyed this week, love today's projects...and just plain adore Glue Arts. {it's okay...we can take it!} We'll enter you into a drawing for a beautiful paper pad from Graphic 45 for yourself to use to create this projects and what project would be complete without Glue Arts outstanding adhesives products!  We'll select a random winner to receive the Graphic 45 Christmas Past 12 by 12 Paper Pad, a Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro and refill of your choice along with our must have Extreme Adhesive Squares...

It IS a wonderful time of the year...don't you agree??  

85 comments:

  1. Wow, what inspiration. thanks for all the projects, thanks for showing us how to do that flower.....I absolutely love those trees, will be making a few of those (for next year) and that mannequin....GORGEOUS BEYOND WORDS. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are amazing. I can't wait to go home and try the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is fantastic, so simple! Giving me some great centerpiece ideas, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are my next project. Loved all the ideas this week. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what amazing projects today. Great video tutorial and that mannequin needs to be in an exhibition!!
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those trees are gourgous, I love the flower too. And that mannequin is beautiful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! All of the projects are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...the projects this week have been truly amazing. I want to make those trees.


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad to see this week end because all week long the projects have been amazing! Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - incredible eye candy!! the trees are so pretty - I wish I had more time to make these...oh the Holiday's are a Crazy - Busy - Wonderful time of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the projects!!! Great ideas to scrap next week while the kids are at Grandma!!!
    best regards,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great week and great projects - It's amazing what people can do with just paper and adhesive. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love vintage holiday decorations and these projects are just stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the vintage feeling items and that mannequin is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so making those trees!! They are amazing!! And the flower - so cute! And Candy's renaissance woman: words cannot describe how brilliant that is!! Glue Arts, you've REALLY outdone yourself by pairing up with Graphic 45! Thank you so much for all the wonderful projects!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous projects and I LOVE the flower!!! Really enjoying this blog swap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, I love altered art and this paper!!! I will be making the trees for sure but I love all the projects - the mannequin is amazing! Thank you for sharing, I look forward to what's next! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! LOVE all of these projects. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, I have enjoyed this week

    Yes, I would love to win some G45

    Yes, It is a wonderful time of year

    Yes, If I won it would be even more wonderful

    Merry Christmas to everyone at Glue Arts

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! All the beautiful projects that have been shown all week have just been fantastic!...loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a finale! I always love a good video. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely projects this week! You know how to make the season festive! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore... YOU!

    Those projects are fabulous! Thank you ladies, for sharing your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those trees and I love the snowman from yesterday. I collect snowmen so this little guy would be right at home with many friends. I love Glue Arts, too. You are the best for adhesives. It's my go to "glue" products every time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have the Martha Stewart fringe scissors that will be perfect for making those trees. This week has been perfect-thank you Glue Arts and G45 for making it happen. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas and thank you for having these wonderful projects to inspire us using the Graphic 45 collection. Loved every bit of it and following your blog, and getting your newsletters!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those trees are adorable but that mannequin is amazing! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That mannequin is stunning and must have been a real showstopper at CHA.
    Your Christmas projects have been wonderful all week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The trees are so cool! And the flower video was great too! Candy's bodice project is just amazing! Thanks for a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The trees and flowers will be my next project. Your projects have been great all week. I hate to see it end.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wowzers! Where is that jaw dropping smiley when you need one? These are all beautiful as they have been all week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. more fantastic projects!! and that mannequin??? AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a fantastic project! Think even I could do this! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This has been such a FANTASTIC week full of inspiration. Sorry to see it be Friday (but at least I don't have to go to work tomorrow). Love the projects today....totally outstanding. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow - another great day, love these projects! All week I have been blown away by the talent and creativity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The trees look like they will be so much fun to make - especially with the gorgeous Graphic 45 papers. Candy's mannequins are true works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love all the projects!
    I appreciate the well done video. It was very inspiring. I can't wait to give those flowers a try.
    Graphic 45+Glue Arts = a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I simply adore this time of year - what FABULOUS projects!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the trees and the video! It's been a great week full of amazing projects! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty, I'm off to look for a cone so I can make my own tree!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lesley and Candy's project are beautiful. Glue Arts you have done an exceptional pairing with these two ladies. They have really showed using your product(adhesive) can expand our projects beyond paper and scissors.
    Gracias
    ava
    cottagerca

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just love these trees! And that mannequin - wow! The video instructions on how to make the flower is much appreciated! This week has been just wonderful with all the great projects and giveaways! I can hardly wait until next week when the winners are chosen! Thanks so much for sharing and for all of the great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love these trees!! So much easier then other paper trees I have seen!! I am so in love with Graphic 45's papers for Christmas, I just can't get enough of them! I just recently found your site & have loved everything I have seen so far!! Thanks for the opportunity to win & Merry Christmas!!

    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are GREAT projects! I could even make these! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. I can't believe all of the wonderful creations that the designers keep
    coming up with. I swear they don't sleep or clean house!!!LOL
    Thanks for posting all the pictures, supplies and
    directions!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the tree projects! Thanks for the tutorial video! Lord knows I need my hand held through these things...lol

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is just win- win combintaion- your glue and Graphic 45 papers!! Thanks for an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  48. fabulous projects all week, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. What an awe inspiring week! I love the trees--can't wait to try the flower--and that renaisance dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, I want to make all the projects you've shared with us. I just need a pad(s) of Graphic 45 paper!

    Thanks for giving us so many great ideas.

    Judy Young Cromwell

    ReplyDelete
  51. This has been a spectacular week! Really love the trees from today!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love all the wonderful stuff, such great talent..wow, wish I had just a tad bit of theirs.. Thanks all for sharing with us...Thanks Glue Arts...

    ReplyDelete
  53. I like these trees and I am thinking MS has a special scissors that might help all the cutting. Great stuff! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my gosh...those trees are knock down gorgeous and the other projects are stunning as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This has been a great week with both of you working together. What a talented group! I love the trees. I would like to try that sometime. The Christmas flower is also very cute. That project by Candy is amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us all week.

    ReplyDelete
  56. WOW! A week full of wonderful inspiration...love the tree today!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the trees, and the Graphic 45 paper is perfect for it. The flower tutorial is very helpful. And, I can't say I'll ever make the Renaissance woman, but it's amusing to look at; what skill to create it! A great week of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  58. All week the projects have been wonderful and inspiring, BUT the mannequin is just AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  59. WOW!! I am LOVING the inspiration for today!! THANKS SO MUCH, for the fun this week!! That maniquinn is just AWESOME!! THANSKS for sharing!! =)
    HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a amazing inspiration all week!!
    Really love the trees and the dress form is stunning!!
    Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Loving this whole week of vintage inspired projects! These trees are actually something even I could do!! This time of the year tends to be so busy that I look for easy, simple projects that look like I spent hours on it!!
    Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Yes it is a wonderful time of the year! Especially since you are so great at sharing all these wonderful projects...thank you so much an Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Yes, I agree...it IS a Wonderful Time of the Year when two great companies combine their talents and products and come up with some awesome designs. Thank you for all the pics and detailed instructions. Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  64. Everything is gorgeous! I love the tree & thanks for the info on the flower!!!

    I've had a wonderful week with Glue Arts & Graphic 45~ Thanks so much for sharing with us!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Abolutely a wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  66. All the projects are just over the top GORGEOUS! I'm just loving all the great ideas and inspiring MOJO this week. Thanks for sharing and lovin all the tutorials too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Just love these projects....so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  68. These projects have been great and the stepouts very well planned. I LOVE GGP, hook me up, ms.cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  69. What awesome projects, new this week would be great with graphic 45, but it way exceeded my expectations!! Wonderful projects today and all week, thanks so much!!
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  70. Fabulous tree's! Whoever cut all that paper for them tho deserves a medal! I don't think I would have lasted that long to complete one!

    ReplyDelete
  71. WOW! Thanks to Mod Podge Amy for posting this on FaceBook! I am totally a new fan now and so glad I found your blog! These paper and glue projects are fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. The Renaissance woman and those trees are fabulous! I'm going to remember the tree technique and recreate it using springy papers for home decor in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Just wonderful!! I always love your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  74. More fabulous projects...what a great week this has been!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Just found your blog and I am AMAZED at the projects! What talented designers -- I'll be sure to come back and see what other ideas you share next time.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hi Glue Arts! Thank you for sharing these projects! I think that the mannequin is amazing and I love the trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Gorgeous projects. I am always looking for creative ideas. Graphic 45 is on of my favourite lines.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Todays project are ALL just amazing!!! Years ago I made those trees, but with fabric - paper will be so much more dimensional. LOVE, love the Renaissance Woman is gorgeous. As a doll lover I HAVE to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  79. OH MY--that tree and that renaissance woman--OH MY OH MY! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete