Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Sending You Holiday Wishes...

Is easy and sweet with Lesley's Mailbox Ornament! Fill it with sweet notes to Santa!!

And Glue Girl Carole Janson made a unique Holiday Cheer layered ornament that is beautiful enough to frame!!

 
Today is our Making Memories Ornament finale so sit back and enjoy.....
Holiday Cheer Ornament
Designer: Carole Janson


Supplies:
Glue Arts supplies: Glue Glider Pro
High Tac cartridge
Spooled Ribbon Adhesive
3D Combo pack
Making Memories Noel paper line
Making Memories Noel embellishments
May Arts ribbons
Glitter



Instructions:

Step 1: I used a Note book background from the Making Memories Noel collection and layered with the high tac cartridge different Noel pattern papers
.


Step 2: I cut out fun embellishments pieces using the Noel pattern papers and embellishments using my Glue Arts Glue Gun and Glue.d I also used the 3D Combo pack to layer embellishments that I wanted to stand out.
Step 3: I attached the May Ribbon with the Glue Arts Ribbon adhesive.
Step 4: I added a ribbon hanger to the project using the Glue Arts Glue Gun.






Christmas Mail
Designer: Lesley Langdon

Supplies:
Glue Arts Mini Adhesive Squares
Glue Arts Glue Gun
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro High Tac Adhesive
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Gems & Embellishments: Making Memories
Ribbon: May Arts
Embossing Powder: Ranger UTEE
Stickles: Ranger
Ink: VersaMark by Tsukineko, Tsukineko Chalk Inks
Tools: Silhouette Die Cut Machine, Silhouette Mailbox Shape & Envelope Shape, Heat Gun



Designer Intro:
I love giving gifts in unique ways and for as far as I can remember, my parents always put envelopes on the tree for us filled with money and a card. This is a take on that by dressing up the tradition a little bit. This Making Memories paper is right up my alley to create a beautiful mailbox that you can only assume is filled with a meaningful message and gift. I loved making the little envelopes to go inside, I ended up making 4 of them, so I could in fact, write a little love note to each of my family members to open on Christmas morning. I thread a ribbon through the top so that it would hang on the tree, but I'm pretty sure that it will sit on its own within the branches of your tree. And if you don't have a tree, it will sit nicely on a mantle.

Instructions:
1. Cut mailbox shape from Silhouette, ink all edges.
2. To make the mailbox shiny, ink mailbox with VersaMark, apply clear embossing powder, heat set. Repeat.
3. Glue mailbox together with High Tac Adhesive and Mini Adhesive Squares.
4. Adhere ribbon, plastic gem loop, leaves, and flowers with Glue Arts Glue Gun.
5. Apply GOLD stickles to the leaves, and gems.
6. Emboss mail sign with red embossing powder, heat set, apply the word MAIL. Adhere to mail box.
7. Adhere ribbon to hang ornament.
8. Cut and ink envelope, use Mini Adhesive Squares to affix together, adhere loop and ribbon with glue gun.
9. Fill your envelope with your message or gift, seal by closing up the mailbox with ribbon and gems.

















So today is sadly our last day sharing projects and ideas using the beautiful Making Memories Noel line! It's also your last opportunity to leave us  a comment for a chance to win the Noel Acrylic Stamp Set, Ribbons & Trims and a small assortment of the papers! Plus we could not leave out our own products...we'll tuck in our Extreme Adhesive Squares, Ribbon Adhesive and some of our Vellum Adhesive! And as a surprise bonus today...we'll tuck in a Glue Glider Pro. Have a Pro already? We'll give you a chance to pick a refill of your choice instead!


Now before we go...we'd like to invite all of our fabulous fans to take a moment today to go to the Making Memories Facebook Page and say a BIG Glue Arts hello to them!!  


Then go visit their blog....we know you'll be glad you did when you see what they have up their sleeve for today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Here's a hint why....



68 comments:

  1. I love the mailbox projects! So pretty! The Noel collection is just perfect for this! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS Project!!! I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed this week with you and Making Memories! Thank you for all the great projects! And my hint to you(i don't have a pro yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok - I absolutely love this Mailbox...I am definitely going to try to make one as a gift card holder for my very overworked/wonderful mail lady (she brings all those scrappy packages to me). Thanks for the awesome idea - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and I am using the Noel 8x8 album and papers for my Dec Daily....love this line....those stamps would be a perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome project, love the bright fun colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More terrific projects - thank you for the step by steps!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects! Love the mail box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed all the projects that is for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you and Making Memories for all the holiday inspiration this week! What fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. l
    o
    v
    e

    the mailbox!


    It's been a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOW ADORABLE is that mailbox!?! SO in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another set of great projects with awesome instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this mailbox rocks!! Thanks for sharing this lovely idea. I would love to have the Pro...it's on my Christmas wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with the little mailbox!!! I am SO going to make some this weekend with my boys! Thanks for all the fabby ideas! BTW - I'm so excited that you added the Glue Glider Pro. It's on my Christmas wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the mailbox! This is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mailbox! My nephew would adore one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seems everybody loves the mailbox! It's just so cute and looks pretty easy to make. Thanks for all the ideas.

    Kathy R

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving that mailbox! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for all the lovely projects & instructions!
    I love both Glue Arts and Making Memories and use them all the time. I'd love to win these goodies and put them under my tree!! If I can keep my crafty little fingers off of them long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! Those projects are fabulous! I just adore the little mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous projects, both of them! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All the projects are just fabulous and what great ideas. Thanks for sharing the tutorials too! I really enjoyed all the amazing MOJO this week. I don't have a pro glide yet! :( It is on my wish list! Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such gorgeous projects...thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous-I see I have my work cut out for the weekend trying to make some of these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a fabulous finale!! more gorgeous projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The glue girls are just A W E S O M E. They are soooo inspiring. Thanks for such wonderful inspiration and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many great projects, today and all week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Today's projects are fabulous!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I looooove the ornaments. I'm going to have to try to make one kind of like the first. :) I don't have a Glue Glider Pro, but I'm beginning to think that I'm missing out on something. I love the other Glue Arts products and use them daily, maybe the Pro is something I need to further investigate, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  31. The mailbox is so cute - thanks for all the inspiration this week - my mind is totally overflowing - I can't wait to get creating.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Who knew?! You make it look so easy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice projects! The Noel papers are so beautiful. Now I just have to find time to make the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That mailbox is so cute. Thank you for all the inspiration the Noel papers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What super cute projects!! I am loving that adorable mailbox. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Amy
    http://www.scrappingmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous projects, love the mail box!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I Love Happy Mail! And this mailbox is the cutest thing to receive a little happy mail! So very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love today's projects! I am always blown away by the talent of your design team.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love all the projects today, but I particularly like the mini mailbox. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks so much for such a great week. I loved all the great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great week, ADORE the mail box, wonderful job!! Went to face book and liked Making Memories page, did that the other day, but guess it did not take, who knows, don't fully trust computers, anyway, thanks for the chance at your wonderful prize, what a Christmas present that would make !!! Love your products!! Go Glue Glider Go!
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love all the projects you've shown. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love this mailbox!!! One of my favorites so far!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a cute mailbox!It has been an awesome week with you and Making Memories! Thank you for sharing all these terrific projects!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a fabulous week! All of the inspiration and gorgeous projects are exactly what I needed to get me into the "Holiday Spirit!" Thank you Glue Arts and Making Memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great projects! I absolutely love that mailbox! The ornament is so sweet - love the layers! Thanks for sharing all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Cute projects. I like the ornament and the Noel papers used to make. Enjoyed the week of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Just found you through Making Memories... what beautiful things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love, love the mail box idea, super cute ornament of gift box idea.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the mailbox ideal how cute.

    ReplyDelete
  51. LOVE the mail box!! These are all beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  52. a very fun week of projects, this mailbox tops them all, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  53. It's been a fun week full of great projects...LOVE Making Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  54. The holiday cheer ornament will be the perfect gift for my dear friend. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Awesome projects as usual :) Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Why do I find out about these giveaways at the last minute. I adore the mailbox and that ornament is the kind that you gift to someone as it is a beautiful present anyone would love to get. Thanks for the giveaway so I waited till the last day to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Loved all the creative inspiration.Love the glue glider,It is always on my table.Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  58. great projects. \i am stuck on sheet music and pinetree....so you know what caught my eye right away....smile
    ava
    cottagerca

    ReplyDelete
  59. OHHHHHHH! How cute is this little mailbox and envelope;) LOVE it! Thanks so much for the chance to win:)

    ReplyDelete
  60. These are both great and I am glad I do not have to choose one! Thanks for all the great chances to win.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the mailbox. Such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oh how I would love a glue glider ! Anything to get that paper to stick, and I do use me some glue !

    ReplyDelete