Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

It's a Graphic 45 Holiday Christmas Week!!

We're so excited about this week!

We've paired up with Graphic 45!!

Now seriously how cool is that??!! They have some truly outstanding products and paper collections and our Glue Girls have once again pulled out all the stops!

We're also pleased to introduce to you our first Guest Designer...Candy Rosenberg.

It was just natural that when we paired up with Graphic 45 we thought of Candy...and asked her to let us spotlight her this week!


So please join us in giving a warm welcome to both Candy and Graphic 45!! It's going to be one awe-inspiring week!!

First....let's get to know Candy...and then see her amazing Christmas Tree project she made for us...


Hi, my name is Candy Rosenberg.  I have been paper crafting for nearly five years and love to share, teach and inspire others.  I live in beautiful Southern Oregon with my family, a husband of 18 years and two teenage daughters.  My son is in the Navy and on his way home, thankfully.   I am very fortunate to work with some of the best companies in the industry.  I have worked with Graphic45 as marketing and education, an endorsed educator for Tattered Angels and Copic Markers, designer and education for Punky Sprouts Mixed Media Albums and currently working on my own "Steampunk" set of stamps at The Rubber Cafe.  I am thrilled to be featured here at Glue Arts and hope to inspire you with a few projects. 

I have to tell you a little secret, something that most people dont know about me.  When I sit down to do a project I only use four tools, my HoneyBee scissors (I have a pair in every bag and purse), adhesive, tweezers and a white pen.  I can be heard saying, "with these four tools I can create anything!"  I also tend to not use many pre packaged embellishments, I will often make my own embellishments out of paper to complete the look.  I hope you will stop by my blog and keep up with what I am doing, I have alot of fun projects and announcements coming up and would love to share them with you.






Christmas Tree
Guest Designer: Candy Rosenberg

Supplies:


Deluxe Graphic 45 Christmas Past 12 by 12 Paper Pad
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro Perma Tac

Instructions:

Using a kraft cone as your base, you will cut strips that are 1.5 inch thick from your paper.  Take your scissors and cut on the width every 1/4 inch up to 2/3 of the paper.  Take an end to a paint brush and wrap each strip around it one at a time.  This entire tree took 3 hours to cut, curl and apply the paper.
 
Once you have them curled turn over and run GlueArts PermaTac down the strip, then wrap around the cone starting from the bottom and working your way up.  When you are done add gold string, small flowers and sticky pearls to keep the vintage look.


And we have one more project to knock your socks off today.... check out this adorable Gingerbread garland Glue Girl Kristen Swain made...

Gingerbread Family Holiday Swap
Designer: Kristen Swain

Supplies:
Glue Arts Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue Sticks
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro and High Tac adhesive
Gingerbread Man mini album/Red pearls- KaiserCraft
Ribbon- May Arts
Papers/Punchouts- Graphic 45
flowers- Petaloo
buttons/twine/berry stems/glitter stems/wiggle eyes- craft supply
white fabric paint/glitter- Tulip
chalk- Pebbles
ink- Inkadinkado
sand paper
small bit of tulle


Instructions:

1. Cover gingerbread men using patterned paper and High Tac Adhesive. Trim edges and sand lightly, ink all edges using brown ink and makeup sponges.
2. Use chalk to rub pink cheeks on all gingerbread shapes.
3. Adhere wiggle eyes and red pearl noses to faces.
4. Use white fabric paint to add mouth and 'icing' decoration around outside of gingerbread shape. While wet, sprinkle lightly with glitter. Dry throughly.
5. Make accordions with patterned paper, glue to each gingerbread shape in the middle.
6. Repunch holes in hands with exacto knife, then use ribbon to tie all shapes together. Add layered buttons to twine and knot onto ribbon. Then using Hot Glue Gun adhere berry stems to backsides of buttons. Stems can be pre-curled around pencil for shape.
7. Use punchouts, patterned paper fussy cut shapes, buttons/twine, and glittered flowers to add decoration to each accordion medallion, using Hot Glue for each item.
8. Add tulle knots for gingerbread girl hair bow, using Hot Glue.

Designer Tip- I prefer Hot Glue for some holiday home decor projects, it holds up well with temperature changes once my decor is packed up and stored. If you find you have a lot of glue strings, simply take a heat gun or hot hair dryer to your project and lightly allow the air to go across your creation. It will melt the little strings easily.





Be sure to check in all week long for more inspiring ideas from our Glue Arts team and Guest Designer Candy Rosenberg. And it wouldn't be a normal week around here if we didn't offer a fun giveaway.


This week's...we know you're going to love! We're giving away one of the Deluxe Graphic 45 Christmas Past 12 by 12 Paper Pads!!!!!  Y


And we have to include some of our outstanding adhesive products!! So since so many of you are putting our Glue Glider Pro on your Christmas Wish List...we'll include a Pro, refill of your choice AND yes AND...our Extreme Adhesive Squares..because truthfully...they are the best!!!


So please leave us a comment and we'll announce a random winner right here on the blog next Monday. And be sure to visit the Graphic 45 blog for more chances to win all week long and also to see their beautiful projects as well!


And speaking of winners...we need to announce the winner of the Making Memories Noel goodies and Glue Arts...and that is: 



debpaint16 said...

These are all so beautiful, I especially love the snowflake!! Thanks for sharing!!!

debpaint16@aol.com

Congrats to you Deb! Please email us at Gluegirl@gluearts.com with your contact info!!


See you tomorrow for more projects with our Guest Designer Candy Rosenberg and our Glue Girls!!

93 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful projects!!! Love Graphic 45!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh,I LOVE Graphic 45!!! You guys pair up with the BEST companies :) Thanks for the inspiration, love the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree, it's so pretty! The gingerbread man banner is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!!! Love G45

    and that banner---so pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree is gorgeous and that gingerbread banner is just adorable. Thank you for hte inspiration and especially the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...great projects....the banner is just too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful project. Might have to try making the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the gingerbread man....sooo...cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG these projects are both absolutely stunning. I am lost for words.
    Congratulations to Deb.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gingerbread man (and woman) garland!! Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Graphic 45 is just gorgeous! and I really love the projects today, esp. the gingerbread man banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Graphic 45 - these projects are fabulous! thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Christmas tree & banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I" am so glad you have such great designers with great papers. It helps us who need to "scraplift."

    ReplyDelete
  15. All those little curls on the tree. The gingerbread men are tooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are fantastic projects!! Love the garland :)

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. great projects! That gingerbread garland is adorable and my kids will love to help make it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! i love this paper collection! That gingerbread garland is adorable! The cone Christmas tree is really cute - it would seem those are coming back into style! Okay with me! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This collection is awesome. WOW! The projects are just so creative and inspiring. Love all the tutorials too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Candy! Lovely tree! And the gingerbread men by Kristen are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That garland has to be the cutest ive seen!! I love those gingerbread guys! That tree is very beautiful and elegant. TFS :O)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kristen! You outdid yourself! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that garland! And the tree is just fabulous too! That must have taken so long!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness. That tree must have taken
    forever, WOw! The gingerbread garland, I just want!! Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Candy, I just love your stuff! Welcome and Who would have thought of a gingerbread garland! You out did yourself Kristen! You ladies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. \hey, glue arts team, you have made an excellent choice selecting Candy as a guest DT member. \i love her work. She sure would use lots of adhesive with her style of paper crafting.
    ava
    cottagerca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Graphic 45 papers. That gingerbread man garland is gorgeous. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. both projects are fabulous! Love Graphis45 papers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. great projects ladies, looking forward to a fun week glue arts.
    sam/jade

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two great projects! I think the paper curling for Candy's tree is a good use of television time. Kristen's gingerbread garland is too cute. Great instructions for both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What great projects! I'm looking forward to more projects in the coming days. Margaret K.

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH I love those gingerbread men!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW.....love both projects today! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mere WORDS do not express the amazement I am experiencing right now! Those projects are Jaw Dropping Fantastic! WOW!!!!!!! In. TOTAL. Awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the tree such a cool idea, the gingerbread garland is too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW!! I can't say enough about these projects!! I LOVE them both!! That gingerbread banner is just adorable!! I can't belive all of the detail that you added!! SO much fun!! =) Also, I can't wait for the fun week with GRAPHIC 45!! I am new to the glue glider pro, but I love the extreme adhesive squares!! I can't wait for the fun all week!! THANKS for the chance to win and for the inspiration !! HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love love Graphic 45 and all your designs-this collection rocks ---as does Glue glider too-love mine and love your lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the gingerbread men - how adorable! Thanks for the chnace to win!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love Glue Arts and Graphic 45! These projects are so cute!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. love Glue Arts and Graphic 45! I love the gingerbread banner!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful projects. The tree is lovely and the gingerbread banner is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love today's inspiration! That gingerbread banner is so cute! Thanks for the chance to win some amazing products!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love that tree & that gingerbread garland/banner is beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Graphic 45 Papers are so full of fun! Great papers to work hand-in-hand with Glue Arts products. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOVE LOVE LOVE the gingerbread persons banner! Adorable! Thanks for the chance to win an awesome prize! Anne, yourmainestamper

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome tree! Love the gingerbread garland, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love that tree, gorgeous! Graphic 45 has some amazing things! So glad you teamed up this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both projects are truly awesome creations. TFS and the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful projects using Graphic 45! The Gingerbread garland is so detailed and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the tree!! So pretty! The garland is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  50. It's great to meet Candy and see her amazing tree!! I love Graphic45 products...it's been a hit with me since I first saw it!

    Hope to win some goodies from Graphic45 and Glue Arts...both are on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the tree! Thanks for introducing us to a talented lady and showing off the G45 papers!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! I love that tree and the gingerbread banner is adorable!!! Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Yea! Glue Arts and Graphic 45!! Both of these projects are so adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my goodness....I just absolutely love these projects! They are wonderful :) Love Graphic 45..thanks for a fabulous giveaway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. what great projects, I love the gingerbread garland with those rosettes, wonderful! And that tree is wonderful!! I love the garland warping around the tree! Can't wait to see more projects. Definitely have GlueArts on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow what cute projects, I am Lovin the Gingerbreadmen...wow O wow those are so super cute...WOW

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the Gingerbread Men!! They are ubber cute!! I can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love that gorgeous Christmas tree.! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the tree and the gingerbread garland.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow great projects and so adorable too.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  61. "Sweet" ideas! :-) Love that Graphic 45 collection!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wonderful ideas! I love that G45 papers.

    And I'd love to win the glue pack because they're not available in my part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Stunning tree! The gingerbread family is just too cute. Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Awesome projects, love Candy's work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Talk about outstanding projects and free stuff to boot! Who wouldn't want to those goodies?!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Amazing tree...and I love the banner. Thanks for the wonderful projects today. Looking forward to the rest of the week...great start.

    ReplyDelete
  67. WOW! That tree is SUPER GORGEOUS:) I LOVE visiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Christmas Past is fantastic! And I love Christmas Tree

    ReplyDelete
  69. Cute projects. Both of them are interesting. The tree is made in a different way and you don't see that many gingerbread decorations made. So thanks for sharing new ideas with us. What a great combination of the two companies too. I love Graphic 45 and have yet to try Glue Arts adhesives.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi Candy, it's so very nice to meet!!! I'm in love with that tree, I can't wait to give this a try.... I'm a sucker for the vintage look!!!

    The gingerbread garland is adorable!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing with us!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. love, love glue arts products. so glad i can find them locally too! thanks you guys! and the Christmas tree is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  72. WOW!!! Those projects are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Both projects are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  74. WOW! what fun projects!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  75. The gingerbread men are my favorite just wonderful. As a cardmaker & paper artist from way back I have been using and enjoying Graphic 45 papers. stamping sue

    ReplyDelete
  76. wow, the projects are just so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow! Glue Arts and Graphic 45 together! 2 of my favorite companies. Glue Arts is my go to adhesives for everything and I was able to get one piece of Graphic 45's Christmas line for a project I just finished. It's a fantastic paper. The project turned out awesome. What a combination of companies together. You can't ask for any better.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Your details are just wonderful! Love that your banner is a gingerbread man, and all the extras on them! Just loved everything. Thank you for hosting this week. Am looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  79. OMG!So much inspiration! And I love the giveaway! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the adorable gingerbread garland and the tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Hey, WELCOME to Candy and Graphic 45, just love the Graphic 45 line of papers, just awesome stuff, and love your projects Candy, great design!! looing forward to the week!!!

    Donna
    Love the Gingerbread Garland the best!

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love these projects, so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Ooohhh...I love the tree. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Ohhhh, that Gingerbread banner is just too cute!! A great pairing of two great companies.
    Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete