Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's a Bit Frosty Around Here...

With today's beautiful projects!!

Glue Girls Danielle Flanders and Leslie Ashe interpreted this week's challenge with absolutely adorable and beautiful projects!

 Leslie is after all our hearts with her sweet Snowman garland! This is a great project for kids too!

And consider making a single snowman or two for matching ornaments for your tree!

Danielle has made the softest tree that can be hung or sit on the box for a special piece for your home!




Snowman Garland
Designer: Leslie Ashe


Supplies:
Glue Arts supplies: Glue Glider Pro with High Tac cartridge, Spooled Ribbon Adhesive, 3D Combo pack
Making Memories Noel paper line & embellishments
May Arts ribbons

Other supplies:
Shimmerz Spritz
Queen & Co pearls
Bazzill cardstock
Zig silver pen
Bic Mark It pen



Directions:
I started by using my Slice & the 'fa la la' card to make several 4" snowmen out of the beautiful MM paper:

-I adhered them together using my Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro with High Tac.
-I added eyes, a nose & mouth.
-next I used Shimmerz to give the snowmen a "snowy" shiny effect.

-some of the snowmen I added something to their bellies, some I just left blank.

-next I turned them over & using Glue Arts Ribbon Adhesive, adhered the ribbon to the backs of the snowmen, in 2 layers so the ribbon wouldn't buckle the snowman.
now all they need is to be hung on my mantle!




Snowflake Tree
Designer: Danielle Flanders


Designer Tips:  This is a styrofoam tree that I decorated on top of a little gift box. You can hang it on your tree without the box underneath as an ornament... or turn it into a gift box by adding the little box with hot glue onto the bottom of the tree and put a small gift or note inside the box for the recipient.


Step 1: Gather a styrofoam tree, Making Memories papers and die cut, paper snowflakes (I found these at Target in the holiday section), scallop punch by Martha Stewart, tinsel, pearl pins, a small round box from craft store, glitter/snow from craft store and Glue Arts' Hot Glue Gun/glue sticks.

Step 2: Cut the embossed snowflake paper by Making Memories in wide strips and punch the bottom edges with a scallop punch. Wrap a strip around the tree starting at the bottom. Adhere in back of tree with stick pins that have a pearl on the end for a decorative look. (Trim off excess if the strip is too long.) Continue adding each row of paper until you get to the top of the tree.

Step 3: Wrap a small piece of tinsel around the top to cover the hole on top where the paper didn't cover. Glue tinsel on with hot glue gun. Poke 2 large pins in top of tree.

Step 4: Using small stick pins, adhere paper snowflakes randomly around tree.

Step 5: Use the hot glue gun to add "snow" to the center of the snowflakes.


Step 6: Cover box with Making Memories paper using the hot glue gun. Wrap edge of box with brown die cut edge paper. Stamp a holiday saying onto die cut inside and tuck inside box with fake snow (and a gift for the recipient).





Wow....today's post has us wishing for a soft, snowy day.....okay okay...just a little snow!!!


Be sure to take a moment to leave a comment today for a chance to win the beautiful Making Memories Noel Clear Acrylic Stamp Set, Noel Ribbon Trims and an assortment of papers!


Plus we'll include our Glue Arts Extreme Adhesive Squares, Ribbon Adhesives and our Vellum Adhesive!!

Don't forget to take a moment this week to visit the Making Memories blog for more inspiration and ways to win!

68 comments:

  1. We are supposed to get snow today...I guess it's not too big a surprise here in Minnesota. I love the projects today. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects ladies! I really want to try to make a couple of styrofoam trees as decorations, so thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these projects and so full of inspiration!! I can't wait to make my own of these trees! They are so elegant and fun! :)Thanks so much for sharing!
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects. Love the tree idea. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowmen are just too cute! And lovely trees as well! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that snomwman garland is a perfect project for this weekend! My kids will love to help with it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects! I love the snowmen garland...they are soooo stinkin' cute. T4S :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love the projects!!! that snowman garland is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those projects!!! There are too many good ideas to scraplift! But I need to scraplift them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very fun! Love the snowmen!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. both of these are great...I just LOVE anything with Snowmen and this garland sure is cute...and the snowflake tree is just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the projects are so fun and inspiring. Thanks for the great ideas and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them all. Those trees are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! Love it! This is my kind of crafting. Great job. Thank you for sharing.
    Pattig161@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love snowmen as you can leave them up all winter and not just at Christmas. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful trees! I HAVE to give this a try! Thanks so much for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Any kind of banner/garland is so appealing to me right now! I love this one too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great idea, I really should start making a list of all the things I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tree is gorgeous. And I love the snowman banner. I just got through cutting 25 snowmen out at my lss to use on my Christmas cards. Now I think I am going to make the banner although it will create a great big blank space on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How many times can I say I love your tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you so much for all the hard work that went into inspiring us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How did ya'll manage to keep coming up with one beautiful project after another after another. That is what I really like about this blog, it is always full of fresh ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous tree and I love the snowman banner, so cute. Thanks for a chance to win.

    Kathy R

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the snowmen, they are cute. They put a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh these snowmen are the cuteness! love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the snowmen and the trees are adorable too, I wish we had snow at Christmas - Nothing but Sun down here in New Zealand at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the snowmen! How cute! I think I just found a cute project to keep my kids busy while I wrap presents! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute projects. I can see the string of snowmen being a fun projects for kids to help with.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such beautiful projects!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow! I love how you did the paper for the Snowflake Tree! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the projects! Some wonderful ideas there.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an adorable snowman garland...I just love it...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both projects are so adorable! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome tree and snowman garland! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OH. MY. WORD....These projects are GORGEOUS!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OH my goodness! LOVE the snowmen. I have a different die cutting system, so I'll look for some snowmen to cut out!! That tree is fabulous - putting that on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  37. More wonderful projects! Your design team is so inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the idea of putting beige and white together. I never would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great projects, very inspiring, TFS.
    cureta2 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow love them both. Beautiful work ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beatuiful projects, love the snowflakes and the snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the snowman garland. I made one like it years ago with some kids I worked with. They kept it for years puting it up every year until it wore out. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That garland is genius...and the tree is magnificent! THANK YOU For sharing those today!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such wonderful projects and with the snow falling here makes me think snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, I love all of your projects! I think my favorite is the snowflake tree!!! This is something I may attempt to make for my sister!! Thanks for the Inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. what amazing and beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Greta ideas. Love the trees and the snowman garland.

    ReplyDelete
  48. very cute. love the little gift boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What clever ideas! I like having ideas for use of punches I have. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful Projects! very cute!! thanks for the inspiration! makes me wondering when the snow will be here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOWSER, some great projects here, some great starting points, the options are limitless!!
    I don't know where to start!! The old head is spinning with ideas!!
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  52. such a beautiful and elegant snowflake tree. love all the layering and embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Those snowmen are really cute! Love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  54. These are gorgeous projects. I love the stunning tree and cute snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Very cute projects. I love snowmen so that especially catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Really lovely projects, love the snowmen they are so inviting.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  57. cute tiny snowmen, all with their own style.

    ReplyDelete
  58. The snowman garland is one that won't melt here in Florida. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love these projects! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. OH MY--I love love love these projects! I LOVE that banner--super cute! LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  61. The banner is stunning. Love the clean look of the tree as well.

    ReplyDelete